Red White and Blue Thrift Store Employee Reviews

I would not work here you’ll waist your time
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North Miami, FLMarch 22, 2019
As a new hire they give you little to no training and the management doesn’t care for anything but you getting your job done .. they blame you instead of teaching you the right way to work .. they don’t have patience ... expect you to multi task without exception and they don’t care if a customer is holding you up from doing your work .. it’s a selfish disoriented company .. . And employes fight each other in the back of the store... This job it’s not worth the pay nor the stress I’m glad I found a better job and The only benefit they have it’s the insurance they claim to give you .. doesn’t cover a courter of what you have to pay out off poket ... your being watch 24/7 and in the case that you are back up even if it’s for 2 minutes on an assignment there already Next to you asking what happen when they clearly seen it from the camera ... management do what they want ... there’s rules that are prohibited for employees yet there’s favoritism to some employes and they get to break the rules.. ... the store also has rats and bugs it’s verry unprofessional ... they ask so much of you but pay so little ... and if you decide to buy something you have to wait till Friday to be able to take it home otherwise It’s stealing in there eyes ... n you get FIRED I seen it happen to a lady you’ll see your boss kick a few trash cans and get irashionality mad as well if you like to waist your time apply here
Pros
Discount that you nearly get to use
Cons
Pay .. no payed time of and no benefits that you can actually say are even half good
Soul-sucking hellhole
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAFebruary 13, 2019
Managers constantly blame employees for mistakes they made themselves, they don’t bother learning your name, they just refer to you as a number most of the time. Save yourself the trouble, don’t work here.
Pros
Coworkers won’t be as bad as your boss.
Cons
Everything.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTFebruary 13, 2019
This place was very productive. The workers were very friendly and helpful to me while I worked there. I enjoyed coming to work everyday. I was always smiling and happy. The customers were awesome and kind.
Pros
Workers
Cons
Wage
Poor management/ poor system
Box Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, NJDecember 19, 2018
If you want to go to work and not know what to expect every day, get treated poorly as an employee and human being/ fighting with coworkers for who gets to unload a truck manually first, after and before actually doing the job. Being micro managed even while on the road. Then this is the job for you.
Pros
Pay not bad
Cons
Everything else
This was a fine place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 12, 2018
Despite what other reviews say, I beleive that this is a fine place to work. The job itself is very easy. All you have to do is show up on time, do your work, and go home. There is alot of employee turnover, not because of management or the work environment, but because people simply don't want to work. Management is kind and understanding as long as you show up on time and do your work. Really it is a very easy job, people are just simply lazy. On days that the store does really well employees are often rewarded with $10-$20 coupons that they can use in the store.
Pros
easy job
Cons
super busy some days
not recommened
Pricer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 2, 2018
very stressful, work demands change daily. apparent favoritism with long term employees. Manager switched and or gave rules according to his feelings or the input of others. Apparent favotism displayed to the long term workers.
Pros
some of the co-workers were uplifting
Cons
unorganized
It was a decent job
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJOctober 19, 2018
Wasn’t great employee treatment great job with potential but the people were horrible they company didn’t care about their employees they just wanted work done.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad pay
New chance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTOctober 11, 2018
Personal I dont whatn work there anymore unprofesional people work unfair company I cant way for new oportunity ,I think I deserve better job and life
Pros
Lunch time to short
Cons
No break
Terriable place to work
Back room employee (Current Employee) –  Waterbury ctSeptember 21, 2018
Some employees really nice but manager is rude and lies and yells all day long not a hood place to work rather work pushing carts at stop and shop just awful to go home after working so hard all day feeling like you are worthless
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Management and lack of respect
Horrible place to work they are very racist
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 18, 2018
I was there for one day and was talked about and picked on by other team members and management, the manager even told me that she knew I wouldn’t last anyway.
Place is messy and just down right disgusting.
The workers are rude to the customers.
Ended up quitting after the day because they made me do the department by myself with little to no training, then complained when I was too slow.
They talked about me in Spanish since they know that I can’t understand them.
Pros
No pros it’s a horrid place to work
Cons
Short break, rude employees and management, dirty, racist, vulgar
Harassment poor pay sexest
Production floater (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, ORSeptember 8, 2018
Manager allow verbal harassment. Only give raised to men. Drama oriented. Managers play favoritism. Promotions to less qualified employees. Ignore theft by employees
good pay and benefits, lousy management
different positions (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 2, 2018
if you dont care about being yelled and cursed at for asking for staples, tickets, or other items needed to do your job properly and efficiently. and if you dont care about high school gossip and fighting then its the place for you. the customers are the worst customers ive ever encountered except for a few. store is overly packed and like a tornado went through.and the manager plays favorites. some got caught stealing and kept their job others got fired for not being lightning fast. i was there a year and ive seen about 200 people come and go, most dont last a week!!
Pros
good pay
Cons
too much gossip and fighting
Employees get to look at the latest fashion arrivals first alot old time and new treasures to see from the 70'S and current.
Sales Associate /Runner (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAAugust 13, 2018
Overall employed for this company 3 years and 4 months and there is no room for growth. The management are only concerned about themselves and not us.
Pros
This is a well liked thrift store that have alot of name brand clothes for only 50%.
Cons
Prices are always 50% off, but not on stuff you like.customers rules over employees, too many petty rules and supervisors don't follow.
Stressful job and poor management
Production (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 15, 2018
I’ve worked at that thrift store for a year and they never ever gave me a raise. On the handbook that they give you says you supposedly get a raise every 3months but that a lie cause they never do even if you give them your all. From poor management to low pays, it wasn’t enough to support any family. You always have to work on your fastest phase and it felt like giving your all wasn’t enough for them. They always fire people for no reason, if they think you’re not good enough for them, they will fire u without hesitation. This is the unfairest job that I’ve ever had in my entire life plus they only favor those people that has their family working in there. Really unfair and Sometimes you don’t even know who your boss is.
Pros
Cons
Every cons that you can think of, they have it there
Productive and good hard working environment
Electronics Tester (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAMay 8, 2018
My work experience working for Red White Blue Thrift Store was very pleasant and enjoyable because of the amazing manager and other employees that worked there they were all kind sometimes strict but all I can say is there was never a bad day working there not even once.
Pros
Great excercise, fun place to work, enjoyable workplace, great employees that work hard
Only if you have too...
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Berlin, NJApril 22, 2018
Never supposed to be permanent, but the time I spent here was absolutely ridiculous. Management... What management? No order, complete lack of professionalism, no work culture, just a bunch of the same obnoxious personalities making noise and complaining. The vehicles need serious safety checks, the docks and working areas are a complete safety hazard. Glass, debris, furniture, and refuse is everywhere. All those trucks maneuvering in the back is pure insanity... Where is OSHA!? How does this place exist? Oh, and of course nepotism, cliques, favoritism, and hostility among all coworkers.
Pros
I left, and learned that compensation isn't everything in a job search
Awsome place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJApril 19, 2018
I love working for the company because they also helped disable adults get jobs.They always had a activity going on for the employees. Always had employee of the month.
Pros
Fare with everyone
Cons
Health care
Quick paced and hard work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMarch 27, 2018
The job is stressful and the manager treats people very poorly but the employees are very polite and honest. Amazing team work and fair pay. Not many benefits but hours are consistent they don't change. Customer service is very important and you must have good communication skills.
Cons
No benefits besides healthcare, favoritism, poor management
small place, that we have to make a miracles to fit everything in
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMarch 14, 2018
Everything it's bad from poor management through poor treatment to the employees,always trying to fire you even because they think you are not good enough for them
Pros
At least you have 30 minutes to eat
Cons
All the cons you can think of they have it.
Great work place fir anyone who likes working with clothing
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 1, 2018
I had a great experience wirking here at Red white and blue thrift store i would recommend it for anyone who loves working with clothes give it a try im sure you will love it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red White and Blue Thrift Store. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9