Redbanks Nursing Home Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Redbanks is an excellent Long Term Care and Short Term Rehab facility.
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYAugust 29, 2017
There are a multitude of tasks to do on a daily basis but assignments are clearly delineated and adjusted as necessary. The days are busy and pass quickly with much to accomplish any given day. Care is very resident focused and that in itself is very rewarding. The management team is very hands on and responsive to any requests or concerns. It is a very family and community based culture with a focus on individuality of residents and team members. The most difficult part of the job is frustration when things don't go as planned despite tremendous effort, fortunately that isn't often the case. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have made a difference in the lives of the residents you care for, their families and your coworkers.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and rewards/incentives
Cons
Inconsistent staffing in response to call ins
Short staffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYApril 21, 2017
Personally, I loved redbanks when I first started.. then they got used to me, and now things aren't the same. Really hope the facility changes its ways.
Pros
Residents are sweet
Cons
Short staffed, work too hard for nothing
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  NursingMarch 30, 2017
Good team to work with. Truly puts residents first. Lots of perks for staff. Caring managers. Nice to know what's expected of you which is in the employee handbook. Great teamwork on the night shift.
Pros
Pay, teamwork
Cons
Call ins
Unfair
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYMarch 5, 2017
Short staff bad managers favoritism and they don't rehire the right ones but give the bad ones a chance. Way too many patients and not enough help
Pros
Pay
Cons
No help
good place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYJanuary 13, 2017
Not the best pay but not hard work either. You get to meet a Lot of good people and when I worked there the management was great. It may have changed over the last 6 years though.
Pleasent place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYDecember 27, 2016
There is an abundance of management available, but the facility lacks in nursing and nurse aid help. Of times, it is hard to perform nursing skills because you have no help to assist.
Redbanks is a good place to work.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYJuly 19, 2016
I have been at redbanks for over 9 years. I enjoys coming to work everyday! Management has a huge heart. You see them on the floor helping daily. They do something for all staff once a month to thank them for their hard work. Next month they are doing their annual back to school bash. Every employee that signs up will get their childrens school supplies for FREE. that is just one thing they do. I will be at redbanks until I am a resident one day.
Pros
401k, nice Christmas bonus, paid time off
Excellent clinical team, consider residents first
Dietary (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYJuly 18, 2016
Management is approachable, very knowledgeable, hard-working, and willing to help get any job done. Great residents and families. Every day offers a variety of opportunities to interact with and make the lives of residents better. Fast-paced. Management sets a high standard for quality care provided to residents and is open to new ideas for caring for residents. Expect to work hard, but the residents are worth it.
best place I have worked in long term care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYJuly 4, 2016
I love my residents and enjoy the work I do. I love the activities offered to the residents also. Management philosophy is posted in break room "Our residents do not live in our workplace, we work in their home". I see managers assist residents many times and I appreciate them wanting to make sure the residents are cared for. This was the only place I interviewed that offered 401k match and tuition assistance. Pay is competitive.
Pros
tuition assistance, free lunches, 401k match
Cons
IN pay is more
RN (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYJune 27, 2016
Supportive management. Allows us to care for our families and is fair with attendance policy. Lots of fun activities for staff and residents. The facility offers more outings for residents than I have ever seen in long term care.
Pros
benefits like 401k match
Cons
call ins
The grass isn't always greener on the other side!
Happy employee (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYJune 9, 2016
Redbanks has been the best place to work!! So many people leave this place and come right back because they realize how good they truly have it at Redbanks. The residents come first! Which of course is how it should be, but it truly shows here. The pay is amazing which is also an added plus. I highly recommend Redbanks for staff and residents!!!
Pros
Free lunches and snacks, parties etc for staff, holiday celebrations, and many more
Very unprofessional, understaffed
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYMay 15, 2016
Management knows nothing! Staffing is rude, if you cannot work an extra shift, they stay mad and talk to other staff about you. The only time that managment or staffing steps in to help is when State visits for a survery. The place is so understaffed that residents do not get the care they need. Staffing expects you to work all the overtime possible, they don't care if you have a day off. If you happen to be off, they will text/call the whole day wanting you to come in. The place should be shut down. Horrible people to work for. If you want to find managment, check outside in the smokers section, this is where they all stay and gossip.
Pros
pay
Cons
undestaffed, unprofessional
horrible managment
RN (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYMarch 8, 2016
Needs new management. they all come from Kindred in Owensboro, it was nasty with them there, now this place is nasty with them in Henderson. STAY AWAY if you like your license.
Pros
good floor staff
Cons
poor managment
Decent
Group Home Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYFebruary 20, 2016
Decent place to work. Clients were nice manager didn't know nothing! Had to go to Owensboro for a lot of training that you didn't use
Pros
Clients
Cons
House manager
My favorite place to work. Could predict work schedules. Everything was organized.
Evening Shift Facility Supervisor/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYAugust 17, 2015
This was my favorite place to work. I knew exactly what was expected during my shift. Each team worked their own units, so there was a consistent execution of care. There was not much management support seen on the evening shift, however. I never saw or met the administrator or most of the management staff. Excellent pay rates.
Pros
Free meal each shift, employee incentives, predicted schedules, excellent pay rates
Cons
lack of management support in the evenings, narcotic misuse was evident, staffing scheduler was not a good communicator, floor orientation was not complete in regards to paperwork that had to be completed per shift
Productive and great workplace
State Rigestered Nursing Aide (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYMarch 3, 2015
A typical day at work is caring for your residents, no matter what. Residents come first. You greet your resident, give them a bath/shower, dress them and do personal hygiene. Next comes feeding or eating. I learned at this job to be patient, caring and grateful. My co-workers are great to work with, its always nice to have help when you need it. I get along with everyone well. The hardest part of the job is seeing a resident pass away, its sad and could become too much on your own body physically and mentally. The most enjoyable part of my job is the residents, I enjoy talking and hanging out with them and interacting with them.
Pros
Own Schedule
Cons
No benifits
stressful work place
cna (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYFebruary 13, 2015
Most 12 hours days are spent working on unit that is understaffed. Program managers are usually unapproachable unless you're a member of the in crowd. Most of the staff are rude and disrespectful towards each other. There is a sense of arrogance that front office employees carry around so there is little to no chance of getting your job done if there assistance is needed. Employee rules and regulations change at a drop of a dime. Turn over is high throughout the building. Diversity of employees is tolerated not really accepted unless it's in the kitchen, laundry, or house keeping department. Company has bad reputation of fighting any claims to unemployment once a employee has been terminated. Suspend you, never call you back, deny unemployment due to self termination.
Pros
Your employed.....
Cons
racially bias, underpaid
Very fast passed and an upbeat environment, but needs new management.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYAugust 29, 2013
I stayed on my feet through my whole shift, but appropriate hours were not disbursed throughout all of the CNA's.
Productive and Fun
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYJanuary 24, 2013
Fun they were professional very clean they had great activities for the residents all together it was a great work place