Redbox Employee Reviews

Good place to work if you are young and have a strong back
FSR1 (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 4, 2018
Long hours, heavy lifting, and company asking more and more from employees, without giving additional compensation. The mileage compensation is good, but the work is not. Management was decent at local level, but the upper level does not understand or care about issues at ground zero.
Pros
Work mostly on your own
Cons
Excessive work load
Lost disc
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2018
How do I get In touch with a field rep to retrieve my disc I accidently placed in a Redbox case and returned it? There's a case of beer for anyone who can help me with this.
Good independant work type of Company
Field Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 30, 2018
Work load was extensive, & not shared to a large degree by immediate Supervisor. Generally good teamwork from my experience. This is a good job if you have:
- Good time management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Supportive Supervisor
Pros
Self autonomy, sense of accomplisment
Cons
Immediate Supervisor - didn't help much with work load
My Experience
ETL QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 12, 2018
The best place I have worked. Process is excellent. I was delivering in a weeks time. Very organized and the team I worked with were excellent. I wish I could work there fulltime.
Pros
The best working environment
Cons
average pay
Assume positive intent
Technical Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 20, 2018
The company wanted every one to excel. However investors looked at the employees as a cost and after numerous restructuring they let 300 people go in 2013 before Christmas.

I have mixed feelings, as is the people I worked for/with are great but they are publicly traded and anyone can buy in and.....
Great Place to Work!
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJMarch 14, 2018
Redbox is a great place to work. Your have more flexibility in that job than you would in most other jobs. You pretty much set your own pace while working and everyone is great support when you have questions or concerns or just need a little extra help.
Flexible
Field Service Rep (Current Employee) –  MDMarch 7, 2018
It's a great place to work if you don't have any dependents. It's very flexible though which is also great if you do have children. They pay just doesn't compensate enough for the wear and tear on your car.
Redbox Review
Field Support Representative Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILFebruary 15, 2018
Flexible schedule to accommodate lifestyle needs is the first thing that stands out at Redbox. You learn hands on which is great for a lot of people. As a level 2 you have a company car which is great. The hardest part of this job is working and driving in all weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is obviously working in great weather and having flexibility.
Pros
Flexibility, nice weather, freedom
Cons
bad weather, lack of advancement
Phone, Chat and Email Support
Customer Service Rep. II (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAFebruary 9, 2018
Provided service to customer and store support for multiple lines of business including Coinstar, Redbox and Coinstar exchange.
Team work environment.
Field Work
Field Representative/Technician (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 4, 2018
Field work, driving around from kiosk to kiosk servicing the machines, repairing what needs to be repaired, updating software, and handling merchandise.
Poor managment
Tax Coordinator (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 25, 2018
I have not learn anything new from this job and there is not any room for advancement. The hardest part is being notice for your skills and qualifications. The most enjoyable part were the monthly free lunches.
Pros
Some free lunches
Cons
Free beverages
Great Place to Work
Field Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Fantastic Company that is employee orientated. Fast paced environment that is dedicated to providing our customers with the best entertainment experience
Fun work enviornment with a media and games room
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Redbox has very little job advancement. I was brought in by some great executives. When they were displaced it turned into a boring work environment. The current management does not understand the business in strategy or growth. It has potential but will never see it due to the management.
excellent place to work
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 2, 2018
very good culture and a great place to work at. I worked for an excellent boss and very good team. I learned a lot and I got exposure to lot more as the team was small
Pros
free snacks, play area
Cons
remote and complex teams
Great Company to work for. Seeking a position with weekends off.
Field Service Representative 2 (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 1, 2018
Awesome place to work. Redbox provides it's employees with world class benefits. As a technician, I don't have consecutive days off. With a teenager at home, I am seeking to spend weekends with my family.
Working at Redbox
Director - FP&A Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 19, 2017
Review of working at Redbox. High expectations of people but good culture and fair to people. Allows for flexibility in work schedule to achieve work goals and personal requirements
Good job
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZNovember 7, 2017
Load new movies in kiosks clean inside and out. How to deal with the public. Management is strict but nice they don't bother you with phone calls they just let you do your job. Not a hard job. You get to work alone.
intese work place
Regional Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 6, 2017
Too much work for what was needed underpaid and overworked, it was more of a college salary for a college student. Was happy to leave that environment when the opportunity came available
Pros
Watch free movies
Cons
Too much work and not enough compensation
Great benefits, poor management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 23, 2017
The company and job in of itself were excellent. Benefits were also very good. The problem in the company lay in its inconsistency of work (hours would vary widely from week to week depending on merchandise) and the fact that the managers practice retaliation on you should you give any manager a low score on "anonymous" reviews. Perhaps not all managers throughout the company were like that, but from my experience, they were bullies to me and ended up forcing me out of the job.
Pros
Benefits, flexible hours
Cons
Management, inconsistent hours
fun place
Field Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 9, 2017
great place to work fun atmosphere and also great people to work with. Works around your schedule as well as provides great company benefits. Redbox is a great company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redbox. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.