Redbox Employee Reviews

Loved working here
Executive Assistant to President's Office (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 25, 2019
So much fun and excitement to start up a brand new company with such a fabulous management team. I would work 80 hours a week and not care because they treat their employees right
Great company that cares about it's employees.
Regional Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 10, 2019
Very concerned about the employees work / life balance. Great paid time off and insurance benefits. Very strong leadership and concern for the employees.
Pros
Excelent Health Care Benefits.
overworked and underpaid
Field Service Representative 2 (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 24, 2019
Middle management has to micro-manage their teams, leaving little choice for the field technicians, after going private the role out of the work order system was handle poorly and added additional time.

My ROS was not very available for training and guidance since she was tasked with too many other responsibilities outside of her market.

Being out in the field was difficult to cultivate a sense of togetherness and team work.

The hardest part of the job was I burning out on the all the travel they required of me. The continuing education was almost non-existent.
Pros
company car
Cons
no breaks
n/a
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 8, 2019
My duties include collecting movies from machines and recording the count. I keep daily record of the products distributed to each machine. I provide quality customer services through regular interaction and communication with store managers, owners, employees and customers. Other duties include but are not limited to training new personnel. I regularly communicate the status of each machine and customer accounts with the Regional Office Supervisor. I am also responsible for ensuring that each machine is kept locked when not being serviced.
My co-workers are the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Inconsistency with management directives
Fun workplace
Machine Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 16, 2019
Casual attire and free snacks, drinks, video rentals. Wearing sandals and hoodies every day to work. Staff is on the younger side. Great environment to learn more technical things.
good benefits, decent pay, lot's of responsibilities
Field Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 8, 2018
redbox has good benefits and the pay is ok. for the amount of things that we have to know, and do the service techs should get paid a lot more. the job is physically demanding and there is a lot of travel involved. upper management keeps changing. since I have been here the company has downsized three times.
benefits
Cons
pay
No support, stress levels always high
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 15, 2019
Not everyone will show up for weekly meetings because lack of caring. Management was the absolute worse... they are like puppets.
There really isnt an SOP.. they say there is, but constant changes make the job and atmosphere unstable.
Pros
watch a new release before the market does... oh wait, they took that away too, so never mind.
Cons
dont get to watch the new release any more.
Lots of travel, great company at first, got worse over time.
Field Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 20, 2018
Was a good job at first, was promised advancement, but was actually never an option. A lot of travel, especially in this area. Can get a bit redundant.
Fun up tempo place to work that treated and compensated workers more than fair
Regional Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 9, 2018
Great company that lives it's values and truly cares for it's employees. I learned quite a bit about the "right" way a company should treat people and have included this culture in my management style. While a typical work day could be long, the rewards were worth it. I loved having the freedom and flexibility of working remotely and the challenges that came along with it.
Pros
Remote work environment
ok
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILNovember 14, 2018
Red box was a great experience and I would do a again if I had the opportunity to do something. It was fun and was great around my schedule I give them a thumb up.
steady work
Field Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2018
1. logging in work portal and scheduling territory visit.
2. more hands on technical troubleshooting.
3. Management was great.
4. great relaxed working environment.
5. job wasn't hard
6. being in the field, self managed
Pros
working from home and setting own schedule
Cons
no advancement
The co. that owns Redbox is very controling.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 15, 2018
You are micro managed at all times and they don't give you enough time to get all the work done that needs to be done. The kiosks are dirty and there is no time to help with customer service.
Productive Company
Field Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 21, 2018
It is a great company to work for if you like to travel. Great employees with great benefits.
I travel each day throughout the week to service each machine. My work days are between 8 to 12 hours.
Too much work
Field Representative II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2018
The company work-life balance is not existing. Long hours, great benefits, but overall is all about money, they could careless about their employees.
Benefits
Cons
Shorted staff.
Good Company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  PASeptember 13, 2018
Independent working but all movies has to be in machine on correct days. You have to clean the red box machine every visit. and Merchandize rhe movies .
Pros
indepedent
Cons
on the road
Fast pace with lots of driving
Merchandiser/Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 26, 2018
A typical day included delivering movies to your designated area. It usually takes 2-3 days to deliver your movies. The rest of your days are on-call days.
Its a paycheck
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
This was the most micro managed job I have ever had in all my years of working. You will run your car into the ground although you will be compensated for mileage though. You are timed from the drive to and from each job. If I knew the requirements and the true reality of this job at the personal interview I would not have not have taken it. Can't imagine the winters. Being alone was the best part.

I do not know if my experience would have been different with another mgr but your still micro managed in other ways. Tried to find something more positive other than being alone. To much crammed in one day. Maybe less stops and actually being trusted to do the job would of helped.
Pros
Being alone & mileage
Cons
more than the pros
Good place to work if you are young and have a strong back
FSR1 (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 4, 2018
Long hours, heavy lifting, and company asking more and more from employees, without giving additional compensation. The mileage compensation is good, but the work is not. Management was decent at local level, but the upper level does not understand or care about issues at ground zero.
Pros
Work mostly on your own
Cons
Excessive work load
Good independant work type of Company
Field Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 30, 2018
Work load was extensive, & not shared to a large degree by immediate Supervisor. Generally good teamwork from my experience. This is a good job if you have:
- Good time management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Supportive Supervisor
Pros
Self autonomy, sense of accomplisment
Cons
Immediate Supervisor - didn't help much with work load
My Experience
ETL QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 12, 2018
The best place I have worked. Process is excellent. I was delivering in a weeks time. Very organized and the team I worked with were excellent. I wish I could work there fulltime.
Pros
The best working environment
Cons
average pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redbox. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

4.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight