Redbox Employee Reviews

Productive Company
Field Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 21, 2018
It is a great company to work for if you like to travel. Great employees with great benefits.
I travel each day throughout the week to service each machine. My work days are between 8 to 12 hours.
Good Company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  PASeptember 13, 2018
Independent working but all movies has to be in machine on correct days. You have to clean the red box machine every visit. and Merchandize rhe movies .
Pros
indepedent
Cons
on the road
Too much work
Field Representative II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2018
The company work-life balance is not existing. Long hours, great benefits, but overall is all about money, they could careless about their employees.
Benefits
Cons
Shorted staff.
Fast pace with lots of driving
Merchandiser/Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 26, 2018
A typical day included delivering movies to your designated area. It usually takes 2-3 days to deliver your movies. The rest of your days are on-call days.
Its a paycheck
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
This was the most micro managed job I have ever had in all my years of working. You will run your car into the ground although you will be compensated for mileage though. You are timed from the drive to and from each job. If I knew the requirements and the true reality of this job at the personal interview I would not have not have taken it. Can't imagine the winters. Being alone was the best part.

I do not know if my experience would have been different with another mgr but your still micro managed in other ways. Tried to find something more positive other than being alone. To much crammed in one day. Maybe less stops and actually being trusted to do the job would of helped.
Pros
Being alone & mileage
Cons
more than the pros
Good place to work if you are young and have a strong back
FSR1 (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 4, 2018
Long hours, heavy lifting, and company asking more and more from employees, without giving additional compensation. The mileage compensation is good, but the work is not. Management was decent at local level, but the upper level does not understand or care about issues at ground zero.
Pros
Work mostly on your own
Cons
Excessive work load
Good independant work type of Company
Field Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 30, 2018
Work load was extensive, & not shared to a large degree by immediate Supervisor. Generally good teamwork from my experience. This is a good job if you have:
- Good time management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Supportive Supervisor
Pros
Self autonomy, sense of accomplisment
Cons
Immediate Supervisor - didn't help much with work load
My Experience
ETL QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 12, 2018
The best place I have worked. Process is excellent. I was delivering in a weeks time. Very organized and the team I worked with were excellent. I wish I could work there fulltime.
Pros
The best working environment
Cons
average pay
Assume positive intent
Technical Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 20, 2018
The company wanted every one to excel. However investors looked at the employees as a cost and after numerous restructuring they let 300 people go in 2013 before Christmas.

I have mixed feelings, as is the people I worked for/with are great but they are publicly traded and anyone can buy in and.....
Great Place to Work!
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJMarch 14, 2018
Redbox is a great place to work. Your have more flexibility in that job than you would in most other jobs. You pretty much set your own pace while working and everyone is great support when you have questions or concerns or just need a little extra help.
Flexible
Field Service Rep (Current Employee) –  MDMarch 7, 2018
It's a great place to work if you don't have any dependents. It's very flexible though which is also great if you do have children. They pay just doesn't compensate enough for the wear and tear on your car.
Redbox Review
Field Support Representative Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILFebruary 15, 2018
Flexible schedule to accommodate lifestyle needs is the first thing that stands out at Redbox. You learn hands on which is great for a lot of people. As a level 2 you have a company car which is great. The hardest part of this job is working and driving in all weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is obviously working in great weather and having flexibility.
Pros
Flexibility, nice weather, freedom
Cons
bad weather, lack of advancement
Phone, Chat and Email Support
Customer Service Rep. II (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAFebruary 9, 2018
Provided service to customer and store support for multiple lines of business including Coinstar, Redbox and Coinstar exchange.
Team work environment.
Field Work
Field Representative/Technician (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 4, 2018
Field work, driving around from kiosk to kiosk servicing the machines, repairing what needs to be repaired, updating software, and handling merchandise.
Poor managment
Tax Coordinator (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 25, 2018
I have not learn anything new from this job and there is not any room for advancement. The hardest part is being notice for your skills and qualifications. The most enjoyable part were the monthly free lunches.
Pros
Some free lunches
Cons
Free beverages
Great Place to Work
Field Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Fantastic Company that is employee orientated. Fast paced environment that is dedicated to providing our customers with the best entertainment experience
Fun work enviornment with a media and games room
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Redbox has very little job advancement. I was brought in by some great executives. When they were displaced it turned into a boring work environment. The current management does not understand the business in strategy or growth. It has potential but will never see it due to the management.
excellent place to work
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 2, 2018
very good culture and a great place to work at. I worked for an excellent boss and very good team. I learned a lot and I got exposure to lot more as the team was small
Pros
free snacks, play area
Cons
remote and complex teams
Great Company to work for. Seeking a position with weekends off.
Field Service Representative 2 (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 1, 2018
Awesome place to work. Redbox provides it's employees with world class benefits. As a technician, I don't have consecutive days off. With a teenager at home, I am seeking to spend weekends with my family.
Working at Redbox
Director - FP&A Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 19, 2017
Review of working at Redbox. High expectations of people but good culture and fair to people. Allows for flexibility in work schedule to achieve work goals and personal requirements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redbox. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

4.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight