Redbox Employee Review

Worst place to work period. Terrible bosses and pay / work life
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  OaklandDecember 3, 2013
For starters I've never seen a company take so much from it's own employees than this place.. You have to provide YOUR car for work and YOUR GAS plus the wear and tear on your car. You also have to provide a good portion of a 10 X 10 ft ROOM to accommodate all company deliveries and materials which was not disclosed to me at all during the interview process. This company constantly has double standards ..... 1 week a certain rule is applied ...2 months later management forgets about what they enforced and turns the other cheek. NO MORE BONUS this year after getting one each year I have been there. The customers use this passive aggressive approach to get what they want out of field service personal.....( Standing in back of you not saying anything.demands.not acknowledging you are at work trying to accomplish your tasks.) Getting promoted only involves being an FSR2 making a lousy 2k extra per year plus company vehicle. Management is terrible at communication and uses the my way or the highway antics to get their way. Working for this company is like being a rat escaping from a sinking ship honestly. Management constantly back stabs employees, plays favorites and will always tell you how you can be more like the better employees.Also management plays down the worst possible scenarios.... ie saying "the bonus in August we were supposed to get wasn't that much anyway." What I thought could be a decent place to work is nothing more than a joke for a company that will be forgotten soon because they can't own up to their own actions. Working for free is very real at this company  more... at times and has been admitted by my fellow co-workers in the Oakland California area. Management never acknowledges how much "real" work there is sometimes and instead thinks that working fast and unsafe and in a rush is the best way sometimes.... This is not a way of running a business that will last at all. All of my co-workers are constantly applying to other jobs all the time due to the circumstances of this last year.  less
Pros
Nothing its all downhill from here get out now
Cons
Managements unethical practices

Other Redbox Employee Reviews

Feast or famine
Field Support Representative 2 (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 12, 2018
I liked fixing kiosks, but the company kept adding more things for us to do without increasing our pay to match. Not only were we responsible for Redbox kiosks, but we also had to fix ecoATM kiosks as well. Upper management kept adding more areas for our team to cover each year. Frequently had to cover neighboring markets due to constant staffing issues.

Never knew what time I would end each day, making it hard to plan anything after work. Some days I was sent home early, others could end up being 12+ hours. Often had to run mindless errands for management. Micromanagement took over within my last year at the company ("Mother may I").

The amount of driving in a day got to be beyond ridiculous, to the point where it wasn't worth having the company car anymore. Too much driving and too many tedious and mind-numbing tasks (e.g. work around procurement) for me to stay any longer.
Pros
Company car, 401K, benefits, bonus
Cons
Incompetent management, unpredictable hours per day, virtually no advancement opportunity
My Experience
ETL QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 12, 2018
The best place I have worked. Process is excellent. I was delivering in a weeks time. Very organized and the team I worked with were excellent. I wish I could work there fulltime.
Pros
The best working environment
Cons
average pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redbox. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.