Redcats USA Employee Reviews

Assistant Product Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Great benefits, cut throat work environment
Secured salary
2 Weeks paid vacation
Due to nepotism lack of room for growth
Discrimination due to ethnicity
Pros
Benefits, secured salary
Cons
Due to nepotism lack of room for growth, Discrimination due to ethnicity
inbound call center
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 26, 2017
Great pay, benefits, and people. They take good care of their employees and are always willing to work with ones schedule. There is always hours as much as time off. Only bad thing is you get tired of sitting down for so long
fair place
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 21, 2017
The company requires 8 hr shifts of sitting by a phone as all telemarketing companies with timed breaks. They had incentives for up selling products; however, they took them off but still required up selling. The company also changes its name every few years although they are the same company. Don't know why.
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 30, 2017
Redcats was a very fast paced job but they also made it very fun. They encourage the employees to meet certain quotas a day by awarding them with gifts and prizes. Which helped motivate us to do better on a daily.
Fun Relaxed Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXJune 6, 2017
Fast Paced, Casual Environment , sets goals to keep you challenged, attendance is very strict. I had to have surgery and the dr. signed off for time off during and after surgery, but time off before due to the symptoms was signed off by dr. and caused me to go over ata so i was let go
good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 4, 2017
this was a good place to work as far as call centers go. everything ran smoothly and the people were friendly. the only downside was that the pay was very low and not a whole lot of room for advancement.
great benefits
Wharehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2017
great union support except for getting pay increases., nice employee discounts, great work environment only bad part is not having any say in areas to cross train. Pay raises are quarterly so that does help.
Pros
employers and union try their best to work with you
Cons
none.
A very social environment
Sales Associate- Telemarketing (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 16, 2017
Redcoats was a wonderful place to learn about customer service having to deal with aspects or issues that you may not expect and being able to help an individual over the phone solely was not always easy but was a very good way to learn proper customer service etiquette.
Pros
social
Cons
sales
fun place to work. team support
Inbound Telemarketing Rep, Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 14, 2017
working for reedits was a fast passed job. Inbound catalog sales that was no stop. if you can promote up in the company its worth it. Team environment and working with customers was a plus.
Pros
team environment
Cons
low pay
Easy going culturally diverse company
Staff Desktop Manager /Assistant Art Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Redcats was filled with humble and knowledgable people. The company was also filled with people from different cultures and backgrounds. We all learned from each other. The humility went all the way to the top. My boss was an incredibly knowledgeable and had an open door policy that made me feel comfortable. However, around 2009 things began to change as new leadership was put into place. After four years at Redcats, suddenly I was no longer a capable Desktop Manager (according to those I reported to) and was eventually let go. My workmates that survived complained about the negative change in company atmosphere and environment. So, from what I understand, the company has been bought and sold several times since my departure. I don't know what the company is called now or who runs the show.
Pros
fun, knowledgeable people, culturally diverse, sample sales
Cons
competitive cut throat leadership
They try to make it a fun environment and keep people motivated.
CSA (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 18, 2017
It is a good place to go as far as call centers go for the El Paso area. It is not the best but it is not the worst by far. Managers' are fair and there is good training.

A typical day at work will consist of 99% ordering for customers nad maybe 1% activities, training, etc.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
soul-draining
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 17, 2016
This job is a great job if you like customer service. There is good benefits and great people to work with. However it has been 6 years since I worked there, so I'm not sure if things have changed.
Best place to work
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 8, 2016
This has been the best call center I've ever worked at they start you off at a good base salary, plus you can earn commission and its very easy to move up. They are very flexible with their schedules and will grant you any shift you would like as long as you put in a request, however you are required to work at least one day of the weekend either sat or sun, but besides I really enjoyed working here and they offer good benefits and retirement plans.
Pros
Fun enviroment oppurtunites to move up
Cons
Working at least one weekend is required
Productive Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXFebruary 20, 2016
There was always an opportunity to move up within the company. Family like environment. Friendly management. Unfortunately this place closed for business.
Brylane great! Redcats USA not so great
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2015
Fun / good place to work with supportive management. My initial four years the company was owned and operated by Brylane Home. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. In my final year Brylane was purchased by Redcats USA. Within months of the acquisition Redcats began to downsize the Indianapolis location. They eliminated the Call Center as well as portions of Finance, Scheduling, Operations and HR. I was 1 of 70 employees laid off in July 2005.
Pros
Great people, benefits & working experience
Cons
Transition from Brylane to Redcats USA
Productive workplace for the hard working people.
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2015
Great place to work and to learn in the field of customer care and services. Friendly atmosphere and good working schedule.
Pros
Nice breaks, and discounts on food
Cons
Benefits and parking a hassle
call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 8, 2015
Answer customers' questions about merchandise and advice customers on merchandise selection. Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken. Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems. Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
Pros
off with pay every holiday
Cons
listening to irate customers cuss in your ear/being rude
Close to home
Catalog Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXJune 19, 2015
Answering incoming calls for new and existing catalog orders. Assisted customers with order and account information inquiries. Processed credit card applications. Management was supportive but did not give praise on a job well done. Since we were on the phones all day, there was very little time to socialize among co-workers. The hardest part was working for $81.8 per hour. The most enjoyable part was going home for the day.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Paid $8.18 per hour
Company no longer exists
Inbound Retail Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 5, 2015
*Issued add on sales along with customer purchases.
*Assisted customers with credit card payments and provided
assistance in understanding the shipment of their merchandise.
*Answered questions concerning their accts and merchandise.
fun fast pasced job
Combonation Packer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to listen to music while I fill all my required packages. the hardest part of this job is getting all the packages filled nicely and neatly and correctly in time for the next schedule witch was every 19 minutes.
Pros
if we had madatory over time we got to come in an hour early
Cons
because i wasnt union there where paying for the extra work i did