Reddy Ice Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 15, 2018
They have an hour limit on their hourly staff but if you're salary then you will work up to 90 hours per week in the summer. Upper management would never visit and would try to manage your day to day operations from across the country. They also have never done anything that compared to this line of work and didn't seem to want to try and understand how the business actually ran.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Perks were the best.
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2018
Great place to work, team environment. Safety culture improved. Management worked well with drivers and loaders and packers. Peak season consisted of long hours, hardest part. Access to the freezer made the hot summer days bearable.
Waste Of Time
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 5, 2018
Honestly feel my skills were wasted at Reddyice. While I Learned a lot, the management was ridiculous and the company changes things constantly.(bad)
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
gas compensation is bad, management
It was fun most of the time
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2018
Load your truck with the ice for your route for that day and run your route and collect your money and manage your account.Service all of your customers and keep up with your route
Pros
The weather in Florida was nice
Cons
A little bit slow in the winter and low pay
Great Culture
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2018
No loyalty to employees. No job security. Great people at this company and a wonderful CEO. there are many employee functions and townhalls to inform employees of changes. Was not at this employer long but enjoyed management and my boss.
loved the fast pace office work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 29, 2018
I really enjoyed working there. I hated the boss started sleeping with the lady hired to help me in the office. The one thing I did not care for was the training. I felt it was inadiquate.
Pros
an hour lunch
Cons
bad boss
Great pay and benefits
Not going to say (Former Employee) –  South TexasMay 18, 2018
Reddy ice is a great place to work for but the company does not care about your future they will lay you off the next day you go to work. They don’t give the full time employee a proper timeline of when or if your getting laid off. South Texas Corporate management makes poorly decisions. Some employees work at a very slow pace while others do more. Some employees take advantage of the company. If you’re a new employee you are treated well while other previous/long time employees never got that same treatment it causes jelly belly-ness. They had me working under one position, “the job they hired me for” but they had me doing variety of position/jobs which I didn’t mind doing because I like learning new things but at the end corporate thought I was not doing my job because management had me doing Other stuff which corporate didn’t know. Other wise great pay and benefits.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management
Reddy Ice Corp
Route Driver/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 3, 2018
I worked for Reddy Ice as a seasonal driver, operating a tractor trailer, delivering ice to various customers. Those customers included convenience stores, grocery stores, private company's, government entities, military bases, etc. If you needed ice and wanted it delivered, we made it happen. If you like driving for a living it's a great job. You get to not only drive but you have about 20 stops a day so you can get out and move a little without being stuck behind the wheel all day. During the summer it is busy. You can expect to work 13 to 14 hours a day with one day off a week to reset your DOT hours. You get paid hourly so the overtime is worth it.
Pros
Your on your own, making your own route
Cons
During the season from May to Auguest there is little time off
Job has no benefits
Associate (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 27, 2018
Great jobs just no benefits! I was only part time but the job have been good to me. It fitted me better wen I was younger. I did learn how to drive forklift operate different machinery and I enhanced my abilities working with others.
Good pay, bad hours, horrible management
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2018
Reddy Ice overall is not a horrible company to work for, however they aren't good either. The pay is competitive, but the hours are unreal. From May until September, you work 60-70 hrs per week and are not allowed to take ANY paid time off during this period. No exceptions. Management is just awful. They do not take time to teach you the skills you need. It is mainly a "learn on the fly" type of training. You will learn more from other team members then you will from managers. In the winter time you are lucky to get 40 hrs a week, so make sure you put money away from all of your summer hours. If the company would allow the employees to use their vacation time when they want and didn't force employees to work long hours during the summer....it wouldn't be a bad job. This job is not for someone who is married with a family. I went weeks without spending time with my children. I would only recommend this job for a young person without a family.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
bad management, long hours, bad vacation policy
low pay long hours
Stacker, truck helper (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALApril 23, 2018
i was paid very low for the amount of work they asked me to do they wanted me there at 4:45 every morning to start up the machines and start stacking then swap to a forklift to load trucks and move around pallets in the freezer and then you never knew when you would be off work.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
long hours and low pay
Interm Accounting
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2018
Reddy Ice bought out Action Ice and let me go prior to completing my probationary period. The hardest part of the job was converting all the accounting onto a new program while continuing to use the current program, doubling my work. We did not have any managers from the new company on site every day which did not go well for morale of the employees.
Cons
No managment on site
fun workplace
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2018
you can go to concerts and actually still have fun and work. fun workplace and travel to different places and concerts. pay could be better but you pay for workload which isn't a lot
Pros
fun place travel concerts and events
Cons
low wagws
Productive and fast paced
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2018
Great plant management. Coordination of events, communication was excellent 6 days of paid sick leave health benifits and retirement savings plans availible.
Pros
Work hours. 600am to at least 200pm, company vehicle
Cons
Long summer hours 6 fay work weeks
Laid back work environment just not consistent with employees
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2018
Reddy Ice could be a great place to work for if they would be more transparent. I have nothing else to say. Laid back but need policy and procedures for guidance.
laid back
Assistant to Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Monahans, TXMarch 22, 2018
I enjoy working here just wished it was full time. Great people and management. Stress free and no drama, love our safety meetings and drivers. Just awesome here
Learned a lot about procurement at Reddy Ice
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2018
Nice Place to work and a challenging product to sell. Learned about the impact of how a small task affects the entire supply chain and how it brings value to the company
Production,Dock Clerk, CDL Class A, Lead Driver/SupervisorForklift Operator
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 12, 2018
Over the course of the years I have developed numerous of skills being to be a team leader. I have been through the Care Training being able to implement safety.I started out in production learning how to get the ice in the bag,driving the forklift,stacking ice in the vault,working on the machines,doing inventory. I then became a dock supervisor, loading and unloading trucks dealing with vendors ensuring the proper product is being loaded or unloaded. I also developed the skill of being able to supervise a team of drivers, doing scheduling making sure that hours are being managed,making sure that all needs and requirements are being met. I also do safety meetings. I do the routing every morning, if needed i input stops that are needed due to customer service. I am a Lead Driver as well.I make sure that customers are being taken care of in a safe and efficient manner.
Pros
ability to accumulate more skills
Cons
stability
Working for Reddy Ice is alot of work.
AR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2018
Work is a lot of clean up for continuous mistakes made. There is a division with contract employees and permanent. Not very much training nor communication on work performed.
Produtive work place
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 26, 2018
I started at or around 4 am an I went by a Log that is wrote out by company of where to start an what customers get what an how many. I learned customer service, how to do truck logs. an putting in customers information depending on how much Ice they received.
Pros
summer time
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reddy Ice. Our community is ready to answer.