Reddy Ice

Reddy Ice Employee Reviews

Not a bad job
It's a physical job. Heavy labor intensive during summer months. Relaxed during winter. If you're lazy this is not the job for you. Pay is decent but beware, management is not your friend.
The pay is not good.Some people sit and do nothing all day .The only thing good about it their is know night three shift.we have first and second shif
The best place to work
I wad am hvac tech here. This was my best job ever. I serviced commercial ice maker's and freezers. When I left I trained the new guy and give him my work van I wad in tears. But I had to leave because I opened my own business
They do not care about you, only their ice
Drivers , you will be given a distorted truth about your situation ( lied to). There is no time to enjoy life when you start working there. You are going to be hired during the hot season ( when ice is in demand), you are going to drive from location to location( 13-16 customer stops , and maybe more) daily, and physically by hand you are going to load bags of ice into ice boxes all day. So what are we talking about ; at least 12 hrs on the clock and no more than 14 ( DOT reg.) plus, there's your time to and from work you need to add to that. You go home , shower , eat, maybe some TV, and then you need to go to bed because you need to be at the plant at 5:00/ 5:30 rested because you are going to be driving and physically loading ice again all over , 6 days a week , no benefits ( health insurance, 401k, ect.) because you are a temporary employee hired for seasonal work. They will lie to you and tell you that they have a full time position opening up and that you look like the person they want to give it to , they will lead you on until the end of the season, then its bye bye, hope to see you next season. they will pay you a bit more than a full time employee to keep you there during their peak season. the training sucks, the equipment sucks , the trucks are rentals. be prepared to load ice in the rain. the ice has to be delivered no matter what. if it was such a great job they wouldn't be trying to hire. In my short time there I saw drivers come and go quickly.
Management only cares for their own. They do not have well documented procedures. Training is done on a basic level and then given accounts to manage with little support. I would not recommend working here with such a stressful environment this company gives.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
It's Good In The Summer
Reddy loves their employees in the summer. But not so much in the winter time. It's not a bad job for someone retired/semi retired that doesn't have to have a steady check all year long. You'll want to stay out of the Atlanta market if you can. I heard that there were much better locations across the country to work at with better working conditions.
R/t
Management never in the office. Managent will not have your back.work you like a slave.will not receive a raise no matter how safe or profitable the company is.
Friendly workplace
Reddy Ice offers many opportunities for the service technician, who is ready and willing to cross train in forklift operation, warehouse operations and system repair. in addition they have a company cook out every month we are accident free.
WFH through contract company
Did not feel appreciated underpaid Manager/Owner of contract company was difficult to work for little to no communication when changes were being made within the environment no documentation about upcoming changes no path for advancement co-workers were generally unresponsive to assistance requests
Being part of the team really felt like i was part of the team. Managment cared about the employees and did their part to ensure you knew your worth.
Great company to work for. Plenty of room to learn and suceed. I Enjoyed having the sense of independence while also having the backup and assistance i needed if i ran into an issue i couldnt resolve on my own i was provided the ability to contact a number of other techs across the country to be able to help me figure out the issue and turn the experience into a way to learn
Runaway
This job was probably the stupidest job I had. What’s the point of having your hvac license if all you’re doing is scraping ice out of a ice bin. There’s no advancement at all. Really high turnover rate. Need to be brown nose to get what you want. Customer accounts all store manager all a bunch of stuck up aholes . All I can say is that this job is unorganized and a joke. Think twice before applying!!
It is a easy fun job for the summer..
I like my job. I am always looking for ways to make my job more efficient, and things better for my drivers. I have been there for 3 years, and I am currently a lead driver for the Dallas plant.
Reddy ice
Great place to start a career great opportunity to make good money and offered Long hours. Offered a Flexible schedule and was fast paced environment.
Sucks a**
Sucks butt! It really sucks as in the summer time when they use you for all you have and then dispose of you in the wintertime. Would not recommend this out the enemy or anyone
Great place t work
Great place to start a career great opportunity to make good money just make sure you are ready to work hard because you will work hard for every dollar earn!
Long hour.
Too much time away from home.
At the time I was working for Reddyice I found it difficult to receive parts or equipment repairs. It was also problematic working wit some of the customers when it came to trying to explain what was expected of them when it came to what the equipment can produce.
Fun place to work
Positives, fun place to work. The company would throw bbq's and different competitions and events to keep the work place fun and relieve stress. As long as you did your work, you didn't have an issue.

Negatives, benefits aren't the best.
Hard work but decent pay
During the warm weather you can get a lot of regular & OT hours. It slows down during the cold weather . You can make a living wage here. The benefits are ok
Well run organization
Good organization, but alot of hours during the summer. Make your money with the over-time hrs. Winters are slow obviously so save your $ during the summer!!
Very dissatisfied with the outcome
Absolutely loved my time with this company.. there were a few flaws like job security, and lies... I worked for this company for six months an I personally missed two days in that time frame, I did everything to the best of my ability and some at the end I got screwed.... Again know whatchu sign up for...
The most enjoyable part of the job
You get to see alot of the state and other states as well. You meet alot of interesting people. I learned alot while working for Reddy ice and met alot of awesome people