Redfin Employee Reviews

Great work culture
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 27, 2018
In a lot of ways, Redfin is better than a traditional brokerage but they can't fix the fact that real estate is an evenings a weekends job. We get a lot of support from management and team members, though, which helps a lot.
Flexible, Good Pay
REAL ESTATE AGENT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 22, 2018
I was a contract agent for Redfin and I enjoyed it. You can open or close your schedule when you please and it's very independent. You will drive a lot but other than that its a great company to work for!
Pros
flexible, good pay
Cons
drive hours, inconsistent pay
Very poor management.. very unsatisfied
Listing Agent (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2018
I was hired and as a busy real estate agent started my process of finalizing my current book of business to transition to Redfin. During the process they told me I no longer could have that job after I turned down listings to make the move and remodeled a home office to work out of since they have no local offices. They gave me no actual reason, Later I found out the interviewing manager took the job. Very unprofessional and deceiving.
Feels like family
Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 15, 2018
Everyone is treated fairly and it's like working with a family. Everyone is willing to help everyone and always changing for the better. For the first time in my career this is the first company that celebrated a holiday that a lot people don't know about.
Agent (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 30, 2018
All nice people to work with but management was inexperienced, taking little time working through issues when they came up which created frustration and a sense of not being heard. Maintaining a fair, non-combative atmosphere wasn't a priority, even after pointing it out. This squeaky wheel got retaliation.
Pros
Clients were fun to work with.
Cons
Management lacks foresight, sensitivity, and what it takes to be fair towards a diverse work force.
Great Place to work
Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 25, 2018
Redfin is a fantastic company to work for as an agent if you don't mind long hours and working 7 days a week with the load of clients that you are given.
Fun workplace with strong, progressive values
Facilities Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2018
A typical work day at Redfin consisted of eating breakfast from their assortment of fresh fruit, coffee, and snacks available to all the employees. I'd typically start on my work duties from 8 till lunch time. Lunch is catered 4 days a week free of charge to all of the employees. There were 5 quiet rooms scattered throughout our building with private bathrooms, mothers rooms, game rooms, etc. Overall the environment was very open and friendly, the company did it's best to make the employees as comfortable as possible.
Pros
free lunch, quiet rooms, warm atmosphere
Cons
employees became lazy and privileged
No Work-Life Balance
Listing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 6, 2018
This company has no work life balance. You will find yourself working all times of day even on your time off. You have a base pay plus bonus that are based on customers satisfaction. It doesn't matter how hard you work on a deal if the client gives you a low review your pay will be low and these reviews can not be removed.

Employee retention is really low. You have to meet certain metrics in this company to be on the good side of management.
Pros
Medical Insurance
Cons
No work-life balance, Surveys by clients, New Metrics
The Is the Way a Business SHOULD Be Run
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJMay 22, 2018
Working here is a dream come true. Very high tech. Our office caters lunch three days a week and our kitchen is well stocked with everything you can imagine. The benefits are fabulous and you can tell they really value their employees. I'm lucky to be here.
It's fine while you're looking for something better
Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2018
The job itself is not difficult. You will mostly upload pdf files and send out canned emails. If you are interested in really learning about real estate, this is not the place to do it. Managment lacks both professional and life experience. While they appear to be working very hard; they do not seem to accomplish very much.
I would only recommend coming to work here if you are interested in becoming a real estate agent and do not already have a client base or need low-cost health insurance.
Pros
low-cost health insurance, technology is pretty cool
Cons
no 401K matching; sick time accrues per days of work, not length of service; little to no advancement opportunity
Fun place to work where you feel valued.
Associate Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2018
I was very lucky and fortunate to be hired as an Associate Agent at Redfin- a breakout real estate company. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting the nice people in the office and out in the field.
Pros
Valued for what you do
Cons
Waste of your real estate license
Touring Agent / Associate Agent (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 5, 2018
Event scheduling is at the whim of others and the market; no control over the volume of work you get. Events can be taken from you and there is a distinct aire of favoritism regarding scheduling. Seniority plays a role, so new hires who try to do this as full-time job can have hard time making enough income. Your location is not taken into consideration so you will travel miles/hours to get to jobs (with no travel compensation). Communication is minimal; no team atmosphere. Automation fosters laziness and lack of skills; deals often out-maneuvered. Undertrained management.
Pros
Jobs ("events") are handed to you -- there is no lead generation, Lots of processes are online and automatic
Cons
Cut-throat atmosphere of acquiring/holding onto "events" rather than just focusing on the client, Animosity is fostered by the lack of communication and inequitable distribution of events, Financial strain
Great Benefits and Team Support
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 29, 2018
Great Benefits and team support. Kitchen always stocked with snacks and drinks. There is a positive drive to find a way to make Redfin better for employees and clients. There are opportunities for more inclusion from employees on decisions made for a team / department.
Cutting Edge and Always Changing
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 28, 2018
You get what you put out. This isn't a 9-5 job. Work days are long and fast-paced. The great thing about this company is all realtor related fees are reimbursed to you. From your MLS dues to your mileage. All signs, flyers, lockboxes or any other office expenses are also reimbursed. The benefits are great. I was able to get my family covered for less than $200 per month. I can only speak from my experience with the company and it has been great. The support and willingness to help have been awesome from management all the way down to my colleges.
Pros
Benifets, Pay
Don’t bother
Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 21, 2018
After working with Redfin for over 6 years, it has finally come time to move on. The company I was hired to represent when I started isn’t the same anymore. Things have changed so drastically with management, compensation and morale in general. I have been full time with Redfin for a long time and I decided to go to a part time position just until I can find something else. I lost yh benefits and Redfin does offer good benefits but it’s worth it so I can avoid pushing through the stress and ridiculous expectations that we are supposed to have to meet with no reward. Redfin has a great thought process behind the idea but the real work life is not what is advertised
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management. Overwhelming work load. No work life balance
Productive and Fun Place to Work, Great Opportunity to Collaborate and Learn
Data Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 21, 2018
Redfin was a really great place to work. The management for my team was stellar but unfortunately, our team didn't have a lot of opportunity for growth, was a job security risk since it was so new, and ultimately ended in an unexpected team lay-off. While working at Redfin, I met some awesome people, felt appreciated for the work that I did, and felt like I was headed in the direction of a career building experience with them. If offered another role, I would gladly work at Redfin again but I would express my hesitation with being laid off by them previously/fear of job security as well as being paid higher for what I feel I am worth. I would also work more towards having my voice and concerns heard more often. The team and I also felt that the positions we secured previously should have been able to work remotely as well and that management should consider that as an option for roles like this in the future. There wasn't really a need for us to be in the office outside of our weekly one-on-one meetings with our manager.
Pros
Free lunches, Fully stocked kitchen, Great benefits, Opportunity to meet new people, Discounts, Fun Atmosphere
Cons
Not a lot of growth opportunity, Job Security
No job advancement
Tour Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2018
glorified secretary
lied to about schedule/hours
low pay
very poor management
zero advancement
free food, but this doesnt make up for the low pay
good benefits
You can make more of an impact being a garbage man!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2018
Poor Pay, Hungry Managers. Stay away from this company at all cost. Used and abused. Cold calling people that are ready to see a house that they will purchase through another Brokerage. Stood up on many open houses. Not worth the time or energy! There are way better Real Estate Companies in my area!! This company hires #s and you will be one of them till you prove yourself a slave to their managers!!!!
Redfin Mortgage poor management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Their mortgage side has the worst management group. Very racist and a Lot of favoritism. You have to be a yes person to make it there. Directors have lack of people skills there is no growth within the company. There are so many unethical procedures that happens there.
Pros
Cons
Horrible managemmen9
Good Place to Learn
Licensed Real Estate Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 29, 2017
Good place to learn Real Estate in a fast paced environment. Training is very good and some Sr Agents are very helpful. You can set your own schedule, but most work is weekends and evenings when real estate buyers are searching.
Pros
People, Lunches, Training, Software
Cons
long hours followed by slow days. inconsistent workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redfin. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

4.1InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight