Redfin Employee Reviews

Real Estate Associate Agent (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 16, 2019
Great place to work..Great people to work with. If your mission is to be a blessing to people and help them with one of the most important purchases in their life then this is heaven on earth!! This job is about relationship building via transparency, building trust, and WOWING the customer---giving them more than they expect. It is Absolutely Positively about being a servant leader and building a team spirit with every customer!!
Pros
choose your own schedule
Great company to work for
Transaction Coordinator/Associate Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJanuary 14, 2019
Redfin is a great company to work for and offer incredible benefits, The people who work for Redfin are all really nice and an enjoyable place to work.
Great culture, flexible schedule, team environment
Associate Agent (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 26, 2018
Being an AA was a great position. I had autonomy and as much work as a wanted. The culture was young, upbeat and supportive. There was a Team environment and a lot of training an coaching.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
No benefits
Great place to work and be YOU!
Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2018
Not only can you be YOU, but you are rewarded to be YOU! There are many opportunities to advance in training and the management support is incredible! Great place to work.
Selling real estate but with LOTS of support and benefits
Listing specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 6, 2018
I am a very experienced agent and have been at Redfin for a little over a year. I would never go back to the old way. Our managers are like coaches, they care about our quality of life, work life balance, performance, personal well being. They provide everything you need and pay all of your expenses. They pay a salary plus bonuses. You can control your workflow by opening or closing your calendar. Listing agents get 2 assistants, couriers, agents to show their properties, etc. The agents do the agent work, pricing and negotiating while the admins do the ministerial work. They encourage you to take vacations and they reward for success.
Pros
Job security, volume, benfefits.
Cons
It's real estate.
Work here if you like to be overworked and underpaid.
Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2018
Since it went public, the environment has changed a lot and agents are forced to produce more and more. Management is not honest with you when you ask straight questions. Management sucks from the top down from what I can see - cause there have been some really bad decisions that have recently been made around here that could only have come from the corporate level. Ability for upward movement is slim, and advancing all depends on if you have a strong mentor in your corner. You cant even really take a vacation because clients still call you - and when other agents take vacations, you have to cover THEIR work. Overall, a lack of diversity as well at the agent and management level. Also, we work on a customer satisfaction system. You can work your behind off for clients - some of the clients are real jerks - and the jerk client can (and WILL) directly affect your pay by giving you a bad survey for no reason. Redfin talks a good game, but not a great place to work. They are trying to get profits up since they went public is my opinion. The smaller markets that just got started - it appears that the work environment is even worse because they dont have the same level of support that larger markets do.
Pros
dont have to be in an office from 9-5
Cons
overworked, underpaid, management sucks from the top down.
Good place to learn
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2018
Good place to learn. The pace is very fast. It's not your regular real estate job where you can control the work flow. The benefits are very good. The people are awesome.
Great place to start
Lead Agent & TC (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA; San Francisco CA & Sacramento, CANovember 27, 2018
Redfin is a great company to start your real estate career and learn all the in's and out's of Real Estate without having to put up any money or get your own clients. There is a cost to this though: YOUR TIME, LIFE and FOR NO MONEY. Redfin does not have work/life balance. The pay is so low and the expectations or SO HIGH that you barely break even. As a Sr Agent I barely made ends meet and I completed 35+ deals that year. In my first year as a TC, I made substantially less than any other market TC job and worked more than I have ever working in MY LIFE! 240+ deals in 1 year. Company values are great but they don't apply to the employees, just the clients. Company doesn't value support staff.
Very challenging position
Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 3, 2018
Learned a lot about real estate, a typical day is what you make it. You need to be driven to succeed, support is there, ongoing training is provided. You will be consistently busy advising clients, showing properties, pulling comps, writing offers and negotiating. The hardest part of the job is the grueling pace and long hours. A worthwhile experience.
Great work culture
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 27, 2018
In a lot of ways, Redfin is better than a traditional brokerage but they can't fix the fact that real estate is an evenings a weekends job. We get a lot of support from management and team members, though, which helps a lot.
Flexible, Good Pay
REAL ESTATE AGENT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 22, 2018
I was a contract agent for Redfin and I enjoyed it. You can open or close your schedule when you please and it's very independent. You will drive a lot but other than that its a great company to work for!
Pros
flexible, good pay
Cons
drive hours, inconsistent pay
Very poor management.. very unsatisfied
Listing Agent (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2018
I was hired and as a busy real estate agent started my process of finalizing my current book of business to transition to Redfin. During the process they told me I no longer could have that job after I turned down listings to make the move and remodeled a home office to work out of since they have no local offices. They gave me no actual reason, Later I found out the interviewing manager took the job. Very unprofessional and deceiving.
Great Company
Real Estate Associate Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MASeptember 4, 2018
Redfin is a great company but very competitive. As an Associate Agent, it is imperative the AA is readily available to make greater sums of money. The people are very nice, driven and helpful.
Pros
The ability to make money limitless
Cons
Hours outside of available scheduled times are required for preparation.
Feels like family
Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 15, 2018
Everyone is treated fairly and it's like working with a family. Everyone is willing to help everyone and always changing for the better. For the first time in my career this is the first company that celebrated a holiday that a lot people don't know about.
Agent (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 30, 2018
All nice people to work with but management was inexperienced, taking little time working through issues when they came up which created frustration and a sense of not being heard. Maintaining a fair, non-combative atmosphere wasn't a priority, even after pointing it out. This squeaky wheel got retaliation.
Pros
Clients were fun to work with.
Cons
Management lacks foresight, sensitivity, and what it takes to be fair towards a diverse work force.
Great Place to work
Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 25, 2018
Redfin is a fantastic company to work for as an agent if you don't mind long hours and working 7 days a week with the load of clients that you are given.
Fun workplace with strong, progressive values
Facilities Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2018
A typical work day at Redfin consisted of eating breakfast from their assortment of fresh fruit, coffee, and snacks available to all the employees. I'd typically start on my work duties from 8 till lunch time. Lunch is catered 4 days a week free of charge to all of the employees. There were 5 quiet rooms scattered throughout our building with private bathrooms, mothers rooms, game rooms, etc. Overall the environment was very open and friendly, the company did it's best to make the employees as comfortable as possible.
Pros
free lunch, quiet rooms, warm atmosphere
Cons
employees became lazy and privileged
No Work-Life Balance
Listing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 6, 2018
This company has no work life balance. You will find yourself working all times of day even on your time off. You have a base pay plus bonus that are based on customers satisfaction. It doesn't matter how hard you work on a deal if the client gives you a low review your pay will be low and these reviews can not be removed.

Employee retention is really low. You have to meet certain metrics in this company to be on the good side of management.
Pros
Medical Insurance
Cons
No work-life balance, Surveys by clients, New Metrics
It's fine while you're looking for something better
Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2018
The job itself is not difficult. You will mostly upload pdf files and send out canned emails. If you are interested in really learning about real estate, this is not the place to do it. Managment lacks both professional and life experience. While they appear to be working very hard; they do not seem to accomplish very much.
I would only recommend coming to work here if you are interested in becoming a real estate agent and do not already have a client base or need low-cost health insurance.
Pros
low-cost health insurance, technology is pretty cool
Cons
no 401K matching; sick time accrues per days of work, not length of service; little to no advancement opportunity
Fun place to work where you feel valued.
Associate Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2018
I was very lucky and fortunate to be hired as an Associate Agent at Redfin- a breakout real estate company. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting the nice people in the office and out in the field.
Pros
Valued for what you do
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redfin. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.1InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight