Redhorse Corporation

Redhorse Corporation Employee Reviews

United States45 reviews
Featured review
Redhorse Corporation selected this as a representative review
Working with Redhorse Corp has been one of the greatest experience 's that was bestowed on me . This company is a teaching company, they are kind and patient always willing to be team builders making sure there employees have the tools and knowledge to do a great job. I is a family oriented place everyone is family. They are very productive and instill this in there employees they make the work space fun and always interesting.
Because they are based in San Diego, they put employees ahead of anything else...they are a class employer--grab a job if they offer you one. Worked as a contract employee and the Bioenergy Technology Office.
Pros
Solid management
Cons
A company apparently based on my own personal experience that lies to employees and do not value their staff at all. Medium managers are not the best when it comes to managing people under them.
Pros
Cons
ALL you can think of
Great place to work. I have learned a lot working there. Really liked working there. Would recommend to a friend. Super competent people who helped me with my career. Cannot say enough positive things about the company and the experience I had working for them
I worked at a government site with GSA in Atlanta, GA and did not have a day to day interaction with the staff of Redhorse Corporation. I cannot accurately provide an accurate rating for them.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
It is not a job I would recommend, the lack of communication shows when the quality of work is given. None the less the pay is good. I worked and went home.
Horrible top management people skills not needed. Employees are treated in the worst way possible. Diversity is lacking in higher positions. Old fashion mentality on how to run a business. No wonder they lose their contracts. Also how some training for your people. Stop giving higher up bonuses and give them to people who actually do the work. Clean house immediately.
The management staff for Red Horse Corporation was not the best. They actually lost the contract due to the poor management staff supporting the contract that I worked on. I was very happy when I was offered another position with another contracting company.
A smaller company that is trying to grow in competitive atmosphere. They are friendly and help you to feel very welcomed. The benefit package could be a little better, however.
The best par of the job is learning new elements of the position.
Meeting new people. Collaborating with others. The location is different. A lot of historical pieces to view and be educated on.
Incompetent and an unfortunate manager(s). It's a shame, the company could do great if they weren't so concerned with money. They lie and deceive and spy. What a horrible company to work for.
The waiters and the managers weren’t the best. If they was having a bad day they made sure everyone one else was having a bad day. But some of my co-workers were actually chill and weren’t so angry all the time.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, on holiday there were 12 hour work shifts with no breaks
Great company to work for but I wish the benefits were better. Health insurance is high and there is no subsidization for transportation. Really good people to work with.
Poorly managed company. Does not manage contracts well. it is based on who you know not what you know. They get amazing contracts however they mismanage the funds and the work allocation.
Pros
Working Remotely
Cons
Redhorse is a great place to work. Management is very good about keeping employees informed on whats happening in the company and whats on the horizon,
Great fast growing company, but be ready to work HARD! They want to be a lean machine and that means you need to figure out your job quick and get things done even quicker. But they support each person, give a lot of praise.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
you work a lot
The leave policy is terrible. You don't get federal holidays off as a government contractor. You have to use PTO. Management is decent. Wages are low.
As a Contractor its amazing! The employees at the HQ are really quick to respond by phone and email. All is willing to assist at any time. I cannot complain at all.
Redhorse Corp is a great place to work! Providing technical support to government agencies in a fast paced, professional environment. Career progression, fair salary, and good work-life balance.
Redhorse is the bottom of bottom when it comes to contracting companies. They low bid just to have a contract with DHS. Their pay is awful (for the amount of work we do), their leave program is the worst I’ve ever encountered and offer no incentives. They say “we give you 200 of leave” but realistically it’s 120 because we are forced to use leave to cover federal holidays; that’s 10 federal holidays/per year multiplied by 8 hours which equals to 80 hours (could be a two week paid vacation) of leave we MUST use for holidays rather than you choose if you want to use your leave. Employees don’t get health and wealth (H&W) extra pay on those holidays because H&W is ONLY for hours worked. Double whammy for the employees huh?! Add insult to injury, government employees can literally do the very same work contractors do but don’t when they should. Oftentimes the work allocated to the government employees gets dumped on the contractors. And when you question the realities of the situation you’re never given a straight answer. Basically you’re worked like a dog. HR is NOT there to help you. They don’t care. As long as the work is being done they could care less about your well being. And the government employees follow suit, further treating contractors like scum beneath their shoes. The company is trash. Please I beg of you DO NOT APPLY TO THIS COMPANY! I wish someone would have warned me before I had invested so many of my years working here. Im ready to go.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Seems like a good place to work. Never worked as a contract employee before, so it takes some getting used to. Do not see any potential for advancement in current role.