Redhorse Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent company;
Program Manager - GSA Reconciliation Support Team (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 12, 2018
great job; government funding can impact job status; flexibility to get the job done with minimal supervision; liked working on different contracts; learned a lot about government agencies
Pros
flexibility
Cons
government funding impacts
Great Company
Contractor General Services Administration (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 3, 2018
Loved working at Redhorse. Great Manager and Team. Loved the collaboration of the Team to get the customer great end results for the customer. Flexible hours.
logistical support (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2018
I have none at this time,
I enjoyed working for Red horse corp.
just that I loved working there.
my co-workers was team players and we looked out for each other.
Contract Mgr overbearing
Contractor, Executive Assist. (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 30, 2018
The contract manager is a micro-manager and over-bearing. Any concern for your well-being or work issues are insincere. Responsiveness is inconsistent and spotty at best.
Worked at the whim of the government
Executive Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJune 11, 2018
This is a contracting company whose employees' contracts are determined by the needs of the government. Salaries and positions are only as secure as the next contract. Off-site management had no real idea of what the local office employees' real job duties were or how the local office functioned. Very difficult to get support from upline management.
Contractor to Federal Government
Contracts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2018
Nice people and nice benefits. No raises because we are contractors to federal government. Pays for off site training to meet contract training requirements.
Great People
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 8, 2018
Have met great people here that I feel will be friends for life.
However the hardest part is having to train those who make substantially more than I do.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2018
As a contractor, I have the opportunity to work with a diversity of dynamic and intelligent people. I have also been able to develop a variety of new skills that would have otherwise not been exposed to.
Very nice people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92101January 31, 2018
The work environment was very nice and the people that worked their were very kind and helpful. The CEO was very welcoming and showed me around the office. My boss (The Controller) gave me helpful tips on work etiquette.
Pros
Productive Environment
Great Place to Work, Low Pay
Jr. Project Manager for SERDP and ESTCP (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 28, 2017
I enjoyed the assignment I had through Redhorse; however, I felt slighted by the pay (I came with tons of experience, yet I was paid $3K less per year than I was making 5 years ago). Also, the assignment was so far from home and there was no free parking, so I ended up having to pay more to work there than I earned. While I enjoyed the work environment and the duties assigned, the commute and pay did not make it worth it.
Pros
Constant learning environment, challenging assignments, room to grow
Cons
Parking permits take months, sometimes years; long commute plus heavy traffic; low pay
Productive work place
File Room Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVSeptember 26, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Redhorse and the daily challenges. A typical day was reconciling government reports and QA mariners files. The most enjoyable part was making sure that the mariners received the information they needed.
Great company
Technical Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 25, 2017
I really like redhorse. My management is amazing, and I couldn’t have asked for a better PM. My co workers are fantastic and the culture is unique to each office you work in but none have been bad.
Pros
Management, communication, work life balance
Cons
Expensive healthcare but it covers a lot
If not for relocation, I would have never left REDHORSE!
Strategic Communication Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 18, 2017
A very balanced company with a family corporate culture. Top down one of my most enjoyable positions. Provided for professional association fees and very supportive of continuing education and training. Only left due to relocation.
Good place to gain entry level skills
Biologist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2017
Gained many new skills while working with Redhorse. The best part of the job was all the new friends made during the short project time. Over time was optional but not very often and off on weekends.
Pros
Flexible when needed time off
Cons
No benefits
Not Recommended For Seasonal Temporary Work
Seasonal Biological Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAMay 19, 2017
I would not work for Red Horse again. They do not provide many incentives to seasonal temporary biotech's to return. They have a high turn over rate of temporary employees due to the undesirable
geographic location and will not provide any form of compensation for housing and per diems which can be available from other environmental assessment companies.
Pros
You will learn some new skills on the job
Cons
Supervisor and Lead Bios have poor people management skills.
Do not work for this company!! RUN!!
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 29, 2017
This is a low pay, high cost of benefits contract. The management is horrendous with things that go on that should never happen in a professional atmosphere. Corporate just cares about the work not the people.
Debra and Management of GSA don't know anything
Billing Auditor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 19, 2016
They don't know what they are doing especially Debra. NON professional talk to someone like they are kids they one they suppose to train you.
Pros
great pay
Cons
management sucks
A company that cares
Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 9, 2016
Redhorse is a fun company. In the contracting environment it is a struggle to find a company that cares about their employees and values them as more than a number.
Pros
Experience, Fun environment, flexability
Cons
health insurance cost
It was all ways fun working with this company
Mailroom Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 18, 2015
If I have a chance working with them I would be glad to be apart of this company. Very good company to work for treat there employee with respect.
Small business government contractor
Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VAOctober 5, 2015
Very fluid management team leads to misrepresentation of contracts. Job duties/work-life balance not as described in interviews. I wouldn't recommend working here until more established contracts are secured.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redhorse Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.