ReDiscover Employee Reviews

ReDiscover experience
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 30, 2018
I enjoy my work and the support we are provided. A positive attitude goes a long way here. I work in a program that allows us to be creative and try new ideas. I hope to work here 20 more years.
Pros
Opportunities to learn, Teamwork, Professionalism
Cons
Has grown and needs to catch up with growth
workplace culture
QMHP (Former Employee) –  kansas city areaSeptember 11, 2018
the organization increasingly grew to be all about the numbers with less and less clarity. Became a popularity culture in various departments/locations--if we like you, you get this special treatment and if we don't like you, it can border on hostile work environment.
Pros
colleagues/co-workers often were pros
Cons
benefits; work life balance; ever changing expectations, systems, etc.; questionable ethics at highest leadership levels.
Poor Management and lack of support
Counselor Tech (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 31, 2018
Although providing support for the women is a great feeling, the management on the other hand were deceitful and manipulative. You could volunteer for every needed shift but still but passed over and shunned for taking time off that by the way you earn. They need a NEW program director for Women and Children and other management needs to be replaced so that they actually care about the recovering addict instead of just the money.
Pros
Helping recovering addicts
Cons
Management, hours, pay
enjoyable
Hospital Diversion Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 19, 2018
I love to help people. I like being able to create things that allow clients to be successful. Working with at team that love what they do also makes your job easy.
Toxic company
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 13, 2018
From withholding tampons to women in DV shelters to pushing clients into hotlines group homes (The Oaks) this place is the pits. Then, you get the supervisors that ask for shady favors for audits, and psychiatrists who compare their trans clients to dogs. If you want a good experience- find anywhere else to work. Literally, McDonalds.
See Below
Diagnostician/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 2, 2018
It's all about numbers, Employees don't matter. Management shows no concern for self care and lacks support to their employees. I was hospitalized twice, not once did a manager reach out and ask how I was doing.
Poor management
Counselor Technician (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 23, 2018
Dont expect any support for the weekend night shift. Any problems that arise will interfere with your managers social life and patients have to wait until Monday for any type of resolution to their weekend problems.
Pros
Pay, relaxed environment, good for online college students who can bring their own laptop and study.
Cons
Lack of supervisory support, unstructured care plans for patients
Toxic work environment
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  LinwoodNovember 17, 2017
Women and Children’s Unit is toxic, cut throat environment. Management plays favorites and fuels the chaos and drama. They also use bullying, threats and intimidation. They have a supervisor with no degree or relevant experience, she got the position due to favoritism and her tendency to gossip about other staff. Many of the techs curse and disrespect clients. There are open drug sales in the parking lot and the residential house is like a middle school. Nothing about this place is good for employees or clients. Steer clear!
Pros
Toxic, drama filled environment
Cons
Love love love this agency!!
Licensed QMHP (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MONovember 10, 2017
There are many opportunities to grow & advance in this agency. There are places that pay a lot better but this agency has a great reputation in the community, amazing doctors & does great things for individuals & families!
Pros
Advancement, co-workers, flexibility
Cons
Na
gained clinical experience
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOOctober 6, 2017
Flexibility in the schedule, but pay too low. No two days are alike, and clients have an array of varying problems that they are dealing with on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay
Stressful Job with no employee concerns
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriOctober 6, 2017
This job can be overwhelming. Do not get me wrong. The idea of helping a vulnerable population is important but this company will not take care of their employees. You have the opportunity for a slight raise. You also have the ability to receive a gift card based on performance. We are still underpaid with the driving and work we do for clients. We are underpaid when it comes to mileage for driving clients around. We deal with clients who have mental health issues and we are not able to carry a weapon yet we work with some unstable ad sometimes unpredictable clients. Up the pay and allow the employees to feel safe. The work for the clients is great. The programs and resources available are great, but take care of your employees. For advancement in the company, you have to have your masters which is not worth it for the slight pay jump. Not worth the loans to pay for school.
Pros
Oppurtunity to win a gift card monthly, coworkers are awesome, teamwork, flexibilty
Cons
Underpaid on salary and mileage. No discounts. Changes are made without the input of employees.
receptionist
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOSeptember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for rediscover and learning how to run an office setting. it had pretty good benefits and understanding of life still happening outside of work place.
Enjoyable work experience
Licensed Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 4, 2017
Stressful client population but the staff and managers are knowledgeable and truly care about patients' well-being.

Not in a great location, but managers have done what is needed to protect staff and patients.
Toxic management, poor training and micromanaging supervisors
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 14, 2017
The Women and Children’s Substance Abuse programs was the most toxic work environment I ever experienced. Staff were regularly threatened for not reaching productivity. That was nearly impossible because you had 10-15 hours of useless meetings per week.
The problem supervisor openly held grudges and would set people she didn't like up for failure. She would regularly make us stay overtime for said meetings without compensation. Managers would regularly throw work on top of you without actually lending a hand themselves. If you had the audacity to bring this up then you weren't being a "team player." I could go on, but unless they remove ALL the managers and leadership of this unit, things will stay the same. It's a blessing I'm not there and that I landed in a much healthier, better paying, stable environment with bosses who actually care and try to help you.
Pros
Insurance was ok
Cons
Good place if there was a more caring program director
Counselor Tech (Former Employee) –  101 W ArmourSeptember 16, 2016
This was a good place to work but program director was a bully Made you job harder than it really was The midtown office always wanted staff to snitch on each othet causing conflicts and would write you up for every little thing
Pros
Knowing the clients
Cons
Program Director
Community Mental Health
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 12, 2016
This is a great place to work for entry level individuals in the field of social work and behavioral health. There is an opportunity to learn a great deal, the case management position is flexible and allows for personal issues to be properly addressed.
Pros
Flexible position, opportunity to learn
Cons
Benefits could be better, more comprehensive.
Not a positive experience!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMay 27, 2016
Enjoyed working with the clients! Felt that there was no opportunity for advancement or career growth. Management unsure of their own leadership potential.
Pros
Provided opportunity to learn.
Cons
No opportunity to advance.
Most Rewarding Job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOApril 21, 2016
ReDiscover is like one big family. Everyone takes care of each other. Managers listen, supervisors take advice and listen. They have rules but are also willing to work with you when things come up. Most enjoyable part is seeing how ReDiscover makes a difference in lives. Seeing the clients and getting to know them is the best part. The hardest part is when the clients get upset. As the front lines (the receptionist) we get to see what goes on first. You definitely stay busy and there is always something to do. You must have a heart in helping people and putting forth more effort than other jobs. This is a non-profit organization and you got to have your heart in it. It's one of the most rewarding jobs I have had.
Teamwork: coworkers are willing to help one another for the well being of the client.
Clinical Case Manager/Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOAugust 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the community and providing social services to low economic individuals that suffers from homelessness and health issues.
Pros
giving back to the community
Cons
limited resources
the best
Counselor Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2015
I love the clients with all my heart I love helping my women with all my heart I learned a lot about my self and learned how to help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ReDiscover. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9