Redlands Community College Employee Reviews

Challenging
Maintenance/Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OK 73036September 4, 2018
Working in the Maintenance dept. was challenging in the respects that some of the senior staff members didn't want to part with knowledge pertaining to training of new hires in the dept. I how ever worked around this the best that I could and made the best of the situation. I overall enjoyed fixing various electrical problems around campus and enjoyed being a part of the maintenance crew and helping Redlands be a nice place for people to come to class and further their education.
Pros
Learned new skills
Cons
lack of training by management to better perform the job given.
Excellent work enviroment
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKFebruary 28, 2018
The administration at Redlands were professional and helpful.
The students overall were a pleasure and were committed to learning. The overall experience was very positive.
Pros
Administration helpful, students fun
Cons
A great little college. Rural atmosphere with the majority of students pursuing careers in nursing or agricultural-related occupations.
Adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKNovember 20, 2017
Redlands Community College resides in a very small town. The college is small compared to other community colleges within about a 50-mile radius. The college has always been underfunded, but has somehow managed to survive due to some excellent budget managers. They have an excellent nursing program as well as a good agricultural program.
Pros
Adjuncts are given a consistent number of courses to teach throughout the year, small class size.
Cons
Underfunded college leading to shortage of necessary equipment for teaching some courses.
Good job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKOctober 3, 2017
Amazing people! Getting to meet people of all kinds, the work environment was amazing, lots of communication and customer service and flexible hours. Loved it here!!!
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
No cons
Redlands Community College Review
Department Chair, Mathematics (Current Employee) –  El Reno, OKSeptember 18, 2017
Oklahoma is struggling to keep qualified educators in the state. Budgets are being cut each year and this makes everyone pick up more details. Great students and nice co-workers. Despite the negatives, it is a great place to work.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
State funding is poor.
Not to bad, could use better supervisors
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKSeptember 14, 2017
The job it's self wasn't what made me want to leave it was the management. The direct supervisor above me could have used some classes on how to be a boss. however the College and the higher up management was great. They were very caring and would have done anything to keep me, however it just wasn't in the cards for me to stay.
Cons
25hr max work week
Enjoyable
Gym Attendant (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKJuly 9, 2017
I liked this job! It was super easy and enjoyable! It was slow pace which was nice! I was there super early in the morning! Manager was super nice and very easy to get a long with!
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Hard hours to work
Instability
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKJune 1, 2017
There are too many changes going on with this particular school. Everyone changes positions all the time, people are leaving and the faculty seem to be extremely stressed with the classes. Students are not as productive as they have been and the tension is up in all the buildings.
Pros
Amazing Dean
Cons
President promises things and doesn't follow through with them
Place where you get to interact with interesting people and can work out for free.
Gym Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKMay 2, 2017
A typical day at work was somewhat boring most of the time, but there were times where a surge of people would come in and that made the time pass by fast.
Working in a gym taught me how to better assist someone with making a workout routine, and how to efficiently handle people that cause problems and/or that are disruptive to others.
Very active in local community
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKApril 3, 2017
I enjoyed my position with Redlands this position helped me take my career to the next level in Administrative work. It was very fulfilling working closely with professors and other colleagues
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
job security
productive and fun work place
Assistant Manager Bookstore/Mailroom (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKJanuary 19, 2017
went in and got everything ready for my employees. I learned how to order books, management was good, she was fun to be around and we could joke around with her. workplace culture was great, no drama, everyone helped when we needed it. the hardest part of the job was ordering the students books. the most enjoyable part of the job, was getting to work with everyone that worked for me.
Productive and exciting work place
Employee (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKDecember 17, 2016
Typical day at work involved checking memebera and students into the fitness gym.
Conversations helped build people skills.
I learned people skills and caring for customers.
Worked alone for the most part but loved my bosses!
I didn't see co workers.
Covered multiple shifts for coworkers.
Not a hard job.
My mos enjoyable part was meeting and getting to know the members, students and employees.
Pros
Comunication
Cons
Flexible schedule
Fantastic Institution
Dean of Campus Life and Director of Athletics (Current Employee) –  El Reno, OKAugust 24, 2015
Wonderful people to work with every day. The financial turnaround from senior administration has been nothing short of miraculous considering the fiscal shape the institution was in two short years ago. The college has gone lean, focused on students, and is now on the path to continued stability for years to come.
Excellent experience teaching as an adjunct instructor.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Canadian County (El Reno)August 17, 2015
I contracted with Redlands Community College and taught up to nine hours in one semester. It was a delightful experience. The students were interested in their education and all efforts to provide them with a positive learning experience appeared to be appreciated.
Pros
Interacting with the students and prepering for teaching a class.
Cons
As an adjunct instructor I was often isolated from other instructors and missed peer interactions..
Quiet productive work place
LIBRARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OkAugust 10, 2014
Working part-time as a student, they accommodated my class schedule and allowed me to do both with no problem
Great staff!
Data Enter Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKSeptember 1, 2013
Great staff and healthy work environment. Staff is friendly and helpful. Had some financial issues when working there but since is starting to recuperate.
Long hours, but a fun job
Pitching Coach (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKJuly 30, 2013
Spent a lot of time at the park or on the road recruiting. Learned a lot about the game. Great boss and assistant.
Pros
fun job
Cons
little pay
I had the chance to become a secretary and work with people that was very helpful and wanted to see me succeed.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  El Reno,OKJune 27, 2011
I really loved this job at Redlands Community College. I attended school as well as worked in an office. It gave me the experience that I can fall back on as of today!!!
Pros
co-workers was there to help and see you succeed.