Redlands Community Hospital Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Case Manager/ Discharge Planning
CASE MANAGEMENT/DISCHARGE PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Good place to work; good people who have worked long term. Busy job and enjoyable; learned about managed care, home health, social services, enjoyed interaction with patients and families.
Great place to work if your under the right leadership
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 12, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time at this facility, unfortunately I was under poor management & leadership. I didn't know it at the time I started but it soon became evident. This hospital doesn't pay the most compareed to other hospitals in the IE, but it's a smaller hospital with a more old fashioned feel.
Pros
Co Workers & Strong HR Staff
Cons
Managemen with poor leadership skills
Typical day
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 3, 2018
Typical ER day consisted of a varied 4 patient assignment. This meant varied acuity of patients, different skills needed for each patient, collaborative care between departments, staff, physicians.
good health care provided
Respiratory Care Practitioner - Lead R.T (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Able to practice respiratory care. Good guidance from doctors and nurses. Trust between workers. Long drive to and from work made it difficult. Twelve hour shifts became fifteen hour days after long commute.
Pros
doctors/nurses
Cons
long commute
Poor Leadership
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CADecember 27, 2017
While the Security Department is small, there is a clear lack of leadership starting with the supervisor. Abundant favoritism and a culture of non-professionalism. While it does not apply to all staff in the department, the culture makes it difficult to feel comfortable. Asking questions leads to changes in shifts and hours.

The company has excellent benefits and for the most part the facility is an enjoyable place to work, however the department itself is something I would not do again.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of leadership, supervision and fairness
Good Place to work
CNA/Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CA 92374December 12, 2017
Friendly and professional environment. Good benefits package for employees. Opportunities for in- house growth and education for staff, and employee discounts.
Good experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CADecember 5, 2017
Its very good experience here, alot of wonderful people to work with good team work. Plenty of parking. Security is always there . Busy community. Nice cafeteria.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Busy
A bit stressful but rewarding at the same time
Sterilize Processing Technician (SPD) (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 31, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Redlands community hospital very much. The management not so much. I felt they didn't understand the day to day stress we undergo because they were never around. They were always in their office and never really got involved with how their own employees were feeling. But I have to say I would go back in a heartbeat. I loved working there because of the people. It was always rewarding to know you made a difference somehow someway.
Pros
lunchbreak.
Cons
Management.
Best place I ever worked
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CA 92373September 13, 2017
Management was fair and professional. all staff had a high regard for patient relations ethics as well as co- worker ethics. Patient care always came first .
Pros
benifits, work enviroment
Cons
parking
This was a great starting hospital for a new grad which I was at the time, very personable and well balanced. A great place to work overall.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Tele/ Orthopedic unitAugust 28, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Redlands Community Hospital. I was hired as a new grad and dedicated six years of my career there and do not regret in the least. Great doctors and great staff!

Want to know more about Redlands Community Hospital?

Ask a question
Great organization to work for
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 14, 2017
I love my patients, and I enjoy nursing. The hardest part of my job is telling the patient and family that it is time for hospice, the fear,sadness,and the will in their eyes that they don't want to give up can be overwhelming.
Pros
Weekends and nights off
Cons
Using PTO time for sick time and holidays
cna/unit secretary
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 2, 2017
it's a good company to work for they provide paid uniforms BuT they give no education tuition reimbursement other then for RN not everyone wants to be a nurse..it would be nice if they provided this for any medical field occupation that would benefit the hospital ..as in all places there is politics and favoritism and no opportunity of advancement
Pros
uniforms, discount
Cons
not somewhere to retire from..(stepping stone)
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 30, 2017
I have been working here for over 8 years. I absolutely love the people with as well as the organization. People that I work with a friendly and welcoming and will make you feel right at home.
Pros
Friendly people, good benefits, Pto
Exciting place to be
ER Quality Review Representative (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 27, 2017
Reviewing all Emergency Room registrations for this facility. I would analyze and correct the information for billing, also calling for authorization. I would also register patients. Always adhering to HIPAA regulations of course.
Management was excellent, always helpful.
This job was exciting, never knew what was coming, my day always seemed to go fast.
The workplace culture was professional and helpful. The nature of the situations we were in (emergency room duties) always united us.
Hardest part of the job was seeing the pain and misery these poor patients were in.
I really liked the fast pace.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
commute
Norma Cendejas
California (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 26, 2017
This is a very nice place to work everybody works like a team it's a very nice place to work I really go back to work if you they asked me for sometimes the core workers are not very friendly but you not there for the co-workers you're there for for the hospital to help the inmates customers
fun place to work
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 1, 2017
good and fun place to work need more hours. but they care for their employees .always organized and friendly. Grateful place to work .Always a change to improve staffing at the hospital
Pros
very organized
Cons
parttime
Great place to be
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 24, 2017
Great place to work. Taking vitals and taking care of the patients. The people and co-workers are very nice. Knowing medical terms will help make the job easy. they offer free courses to assist you get ahead for better pay and position.
I love working for Redlands Community Hospital
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 23, 2017
I like working at Redlands Community Hospital. I have learned alot while working there and being able to care for generations to come is a great way to help other. The management will take the time to work with you with what ever you need.
Safety/Security Manager (Former Employee) –  350 Terracina Blvd. Redlands, Ca 92373March 2, 2017
Great place to work. The people are great to work with. I enjoyed working with, all staff, patients and visitors. Took great pride to make sure everyone was safe and satisfied with the environment created.
Cons
I love working in Home Health at Redlands Community Hospital!
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJanuary 29, 2017
I have been here about 5 years, our home health department is growing, I never have to worry about being flexed or called off. The management listens and is flexible with my schedule so that I can go to my kids awards and events. They encourage education and paid for the majority of my BSN. I love seeing one patient at a time, working in the community, making a difference.
Pros
Paid for education, certification, flexible, never called off, rewarding work