Redwood Logistics Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work learned a lot there
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJune 3, 2019
Would recommend this company they are expanding and becoming one of the most successful 3PL companies in the Chicago area . They are consistently teaching and learning new ways to do things
Pros
Lots of insentives
Cons
A little too many emails
Great Company to work for!!!
Operation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2019
Redwood is an outstanding company,sucks that I left due to being overwhelmed with stress. This is one company that is beneficial mentally, physically and finacially. Family atomosphere with the love and support of your peers.
Fun place to work at
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2018
Fast paste company that knows how to work hard, play hard. Even though is stressful, but they are very result driven. The company has a good culture. Everyone is nice.
Worked with good development team.
I.T. Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2018
Good culture most of the time but depends on your manager style. Some managers are smart and friendly and respectful and some are degrading. Very disorganized work.
Horrible work life balance
Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2018
There are some wonderful managers looking to help you succeed. The work-life balance is horrible. While I was told the hours would be long in the interview I was NOT told- You are expected to check your phone constantly when you are not at work- they will not help pay your phone bill even if you are required to be calling Canada, expected to work weekends where you are told you will receive a half day during the week. More like 6 hour "half day" because you will be so busy fixing problems. A very loud environment where there is constant swearing and yelling, phones slamming, people pounding their fists on their desks. Most sales reps start at 7am and there were times I was there fixing problems until 7:30pm due to understaffing (they need to hire more after-hours and weekend workers). Frat- house environment- while can be fun can also be completely draining and is not for everyone. Very few women and people of color though they are getting better at hiring more.
Pros
You can make a lot of money after a few years there
Cons
unethical, poor work-life balance
Reconsider
Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2018
The pay and the amount of work is unbalancing. They hire people fresh out of college and the pay sucks. There is always someone leaving and there is at least 3 new hires each week. This job is strictly a resume builder!!
Pros
work atmosphere
Cons
everything else
Official response from Redwood Logistics
May 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not enjoy your experience at Redwood, but happy to see that you enjoyed the work atmosphere and culture. We hire employees with diverse educational backgrounds and career experience levels, and our avg tenure is over 4 years. Of course as we continue to grow, we will also continue to hire new employees each month.

It's a start!
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2018
Redwood Logistics is an interesting place. It had all of the corporate goodies that attract recent grads, but also that slimy, shady grit that would stress anyone out.

I'd say this is definitely a company to work for, but please consider what you want to do with the company and how you want to be treated. There are fun parts of the job, and parts of the job where you feel your supervisor is watching every thing you do.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, corporate lifestyle, laid back employees
Cons
stressful work, lack of mobility, childish management
Hides Faults With Job Culture
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2018
Redwood has a churn and burn culture where the company would hire many new employees only to burn them out, at which point the employee would ask for a raise, be denied and leave the company. If you're a good worker there, they will continuously add on new work to your plate and show little appreciation. However, the office plays music and the environment is full of young, energetic people who will make the time spent there easier to tolerate.
Culture and Management
Carrier Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
This job taught me more about this industry than I ever would have imagined. Management provides the best resources for you to succeed and the fast-paced culture allows you to build the skills you need to thrive as a carrier sales rep.
Great place to work. Always fun.
Tracking Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2017
Daily answering phones dispatching drivers and entering data into database. I learned more time management skills. Managing drivers and timing and schedules. Work culture was awesome, fun, challenging, family oriented. The hardest part of the job was contacting customers about late/missing loads. Events were the most fun part of the job. It was family oriented and we all hung out having fun doing various different activities.
Great first step into supply chain
Tracking Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2017
Manager was amazing and everyone was willing to teach me something new. Great place to start off your work in supply chain and logistics. ....................
You could work here but...
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2017
Poor pay, expensive benefits and no willingness to spend above the minimum on resources (human, software or otherwise) needed to do the baseline requirements of the job well. Expect your work-life balance to suffer at the hands of erratic demands and requirement changes from C-level management, with little acknowledgment or reward.

There might be free lunches and beer on occasion, but don't let the loud music fool you - this is no place to advance a career.
Pros
You may meet some great people
Cons
No consideration for employee work-life balance, No official promotion/pay raise structure, Few holidays/PTO available, Rampant nepotism
I'm a truck driver w 4yrs experience
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2016
Very Rude Brokers. I and all my trucker friend will never and ever work w them again even if we end up driving empty to home.
If you haul a load for them and if Any issue Happens there's no help from them. Forget about Detention and be ready for late charge
Competitive workplace with ample opportunities to grow
National Account Manager - LTL Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2016
I am coming up on my one-year anniversary working at Redwood Logistics, and I can truly say that it has been one of the best decisions and one of the more enjoyable experiences that I have had. Each work day has its own unique challenges, and they can be overwhelming at times, but there are resources here that are available to help you succeed. Being my first job out of college, I was expecting to work a corporate job in a cubicle, with days filled of meetings and slideshows. This couldn't be anywhere further from what we do at Redwood. The day-to-day interaction between employees, managers, and management from the top down is what makes Redwood unique. I am a customer facing rep, and you have to be sufficient in selling both internally and externally in order to succeed. Many of us share friendships outside of work, making it even more enjoyable to come to work on a daily basis. There is no glass ceiling, as management and ownership are always available if you need help or if you ever have any issues that need to be discussed. The most challenging part of the job is without a doubt the daily grind. If you are one who is looking for an 8:00-4:00 job, I would tell you to look elsewhere. There are days where you must be in at 6:30 in the morning and stay until 6:00 at night, but with the nature of the work that we do this is sometimes required.
Pros
Accessible management/ownership, positive work environment
Cons
Hours can be overwhelming at times
Great Company to Grow With
Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2016
First off...there is an energy in the room at all times and it is contagious! The "work hard play hard" attitude among each co-worker is obvious right from the start - employees all want to develop their careers and Redwood can provide that opportunity. The leadership team, from senior reps to upper management, takes great pride in showcasing the fact that "people are the secret sauce" and this is very much a place where opinions are valued and contributions are recognized. I highly recommend at least stopping by for a visit to see if this company would be a good fit for you!
High pace, competitive, and fun. Wouldn't want it any other way
Sales & Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2016
Redwood's work environment is amazing. There is a go-getter mentality that is engrained in the culture. The management team has done a great job of getting the employees to all work together toward a common goal.
Pros
Fun environment. Great comradery.
More energy
Experienced Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2016
Working at Redwood has been a truly irreplaceable experience for me. Through a combination of dynamic leadership, strategic initiatives, a company-wide commitment towards excellence, and a consistent brand of customer service, my time at this company has equipped me with a wide variety of skills that reflect the thoroughness of our business model. In the logistics industry, it would be easy for each day to become routine and uneventful, but at Redwood none of that is even close to being possible. There is a relentless energy amongst our collective family and inspires the kind of healthy competition that makes everyone in the room better at what they do. While logistics can be stressful and somewhat unforgiving at times, as a whole, the leadership team at Redwood instills a sense of purpose within each and every rep and challenges them to reach for new heights. After working here for several years, the bond I feel with my teammates is as strong as some of my long-lasting friendships. We are out here to push each other to grow, learn, and teach, no matter what the situation is. It's been a blast working here over all the years and I look forward to many more.
Pros
Ample opportunity for skill development, camraderie, technological innovation, top-notch customer service provider
Cons
Can be stressful, market conditions can have impact on quality of work life
Fun Office, Tons of Growth
Carrier Sales Representitive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2016
Started in Spring of 2014 without previous experience, came into the Training Pod and learned about the job from the ground up. By my 10th month I was on commission.

Carrier Side is a good place to be, it is hard work but there is money to be made. I get consistent coaching from my manager.

Good group of people to work with, nice mix of different personalities, there is more than one way to succeed here.

Sometime hours can be long but there are usually offers to leave early, take 1/2 days etc. Use of PTO is encouraged (as long as it is pre planned)
Pros
Able to get started making money quickly
Cons
Days can be long
Never a dull day at the office
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2016
I've never been in a workplace that's more lively and ambitious.The culture of this company is as diverse as the music played over the loudspeakers.

What I've always found especially unique is the relationships between employees, at ALL levels. People here are not just coworkers, but also friends, and I think that's a big part of our success. We care about each other, and we care about propelling this company forward.

Some typical perks include: gym memberships, free parking (for now.....), office-wide lunches, and daily live entertainment.
Great Job Experience
Accounts Payable Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2016
Redwood Logistics is by far the best company that I have ever worked for. Management there made their workers as comfortable, and therefore as productive as possible. I learned how to get work done while also enjoying my day at Redwood. All of the co-workers got along and many of them even met one another after work or outside of work as general friends. The easiest part of the job was waking up to go there and the hardest part was sometimes going home to leave. Also, its only issue was that it was in a not often travelled area of the city and thus the public transportation schedule to get there was not as accurate as some other areas.
The only reason I left was for family issues back in my native area.
Pros
Free lunches on occassion, patience while training, low key vibe.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Redwood Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

Redwood Logistics Reviews by Location