Reed Business Information

Reed Business Information Employee Reviews

United States33 reviews
. LexisNexis encourages all employees to give back: volunteer as a group or as an individual contributor. You can break your involvement into various shifts if an all day of giving does not suit your schedule!
Pros
Lunch trucks; gym.
Cons
There's a lot of talk about promoting within but it rarely happens.
I used to like going into work until I realize what a bunch of liars back-stabbing people are there, this is more of a high school atmosphere than a workplace. Management does not care about you unless you know somebody. I was treated very poorly and stabbed in the back. I would not like my worst enemy work there, I have never hated a company so much as I hate this company. Poor management, rude selfish back-stabbing people.
Pros
Cons
Back stabbing people
Managing and maintaining existing business was 75% of work day. 25% devoted to gaining new business and market share. The culture was very pro family and work life balance.
Good work culture and Good work life balance.
Most of the team follow Agile SCRUM

Pair learning with squad members

Learning new technologies together with the team.
Excellent place to work. Very pretty campus. Good location. Laidback environment. Good for a place to retire. Very good compensation as well. Enjoy the culture as well.
The company was in an industry with limited competition. They provided opportunities for advancement and had great benefits. They have recently sold the business so it is not the same company.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Bought and Sold several times
Outstanding benefits. Good culture. Decent pay. Magazine business plummeted, which shuttered our location in Oak Brook. This was not just a job - people looked at RBI as a career.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Oak Brook location closed
Large global company with multiple levels of management. Constantly changing sales compensation plans, become very competitive amongst other sales people. Environment become toxic.
Pros
Good comp plans
Cons
Large company issues
Great sales manager and great people to work with but a miserable publisher in charge. A true friend and good advisor to me and our staff in general..
Pros
Time off if you sold really well like a Friday off
Cons
Difficult publisher to work with.
The ability to assist clients (internal and external) was rewarding when the client was excited the issue was resolved or a work around provided. Like most large corporations, it does not manner that you successful 99% of the time, upper management dwelled on the 1% and was critical on yearly reviews.
I have an proven track record building of web services, REST, APIs technologies targeting modern browsers on desktop and mobile devices.
I design and work with complex data models in the HPCC Big Data Platform.

I am self-motivated with strong delivery focus, experience with Dependency Injection, I kept abreast of new technology developments, resolve complex technical issues as necessary.

and I worked closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.

I successfully implement development processes, I was giving coding best practices, and code reviews to analyse and I operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
Pros
Great work ethics and training
Cons
I loved this place. Sadly they moved locations, and it was just too far to travel daily. I enjoyed my co-workers, and we had a very laid back atmosphere. Tattoos and piercings were allowed, and we got to wear jeans, and clean, decent shirts. Overall, I would work here again, for sure.
Pros
Loved the people
Cons
Moving so far from our original building.
Worked with the web team, fast pace environment but satisfying and enjoyable to work, both management and colleagues were good, overall good corporate
Pros
Leading edge technologies, process driven and knowledge transfer great.
Cons
None that I was aware of
Very organized editors. I was assigned projects that involved policy manuals and updating safety regulations. It was a brief, but engaging experience. I learned a lot with the project, but about the topic but also the way that legal documents must be created.
Pros
Freelance, deadline oriented materials
Cons
Short lived based on my own time constraints
• Worked as a team lead and managed a for a team size of 9
• Requirement gathering and New module creation

• Data Migration

• Development, defect fixing and production support

• Offshore coordinator and later as Onsite coordinator

• Defect Prevention and Reviews of deliverables

• Deployment Activities
Construction information gathering company. People were not that great.
A fast paced environment, but working with my co-workers was enjoyable and fun. We were a team that worked together to make things happen on a timely basis. We learned each others jobs in order to cover one another during vacations and absences. Our manager was an amazing woman who always had an "open door policy" and made sure that you were trained in all areas of accounting. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in everyday and the hardest part was saying goodbye when there were layoffs.
Learned a lot of great skills. Great colleagues and environment. Very casual work environment. Great benefit.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
business was sold and closed. job was great just disappeared
Pros
people
Cons
sold
I was hired to write deadline and fast breaking news stories.
Benefits
Cons
No cohesion - or consistency from management.
Pay is not desirable. Managers are motiviated by numbers for monthly - yearly bonus on a metric scale required by the staff that do not receive monthly bonuses.
Pros
Cons
Not a good company to work for.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reed Business Information. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.