REED International Employee Reviews

Poor management
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VADecember 10, 2018
This place is highly disorganized beyond any other, and you get micromanaged like no other. There is possibility for discrimation in the workplace as I was singled out on multiple occasions - whereas colleagues got away with the same situation. It’s unusually loud, like everywhere is a break room. Lunch hour is basically on duty - shove your sandwich in your mouth and get back to work. It’s a joke of a pay with everything you’re expected to do and get reprimanded when guidelines cannot or are not met. My higher-ups don’t know how to manage their team properly and lose track of what it is we need them to do leading to delays and not treating us equally. My job is to go through the dirt and grime while my higher-ups get praised. There’s no bonuses as well, go figure. There is also favoritism that goes on here. It’s not right.
Pros
You have your own set of things?
Cons
Short breaks, not enough pay, poor management, disorganization, the list can go on
Would Gladly work for them again!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 2, 2018
I enjoyed working for Reed. It was a breath of fresh air to work for a company that did not stand over your shoulder. They had a specific mission/job that needed to be complete. They never told you how to do it they just wanted results. I loved it. They issued great gear and actually read your resume prior to calling you for an interview.
Pros
Execellent gear and oppurtinity for advancement
Cons
None that would stop me from working for them again
Decent Entry Level
Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2018
Decent company to get into the field, year contracts, 30 days leave. long hours. normal contracting for someone just getting out of the military. will lead to other opportunity's.
Its not to bad of a gig
Guard (Former Employee) –  AfghanJune 11, 2018
Depending on how many staff are on deck; your work week can subject to change. 12 work shifts with maybe a day or 2 paid time off each week. Its not really that bad, its just people within the guards and supervisors that make things hard sometimes because of gossip
Good
Deputy Country Manager (Current Employee) –  AfghanMay 3, 2018
Overseas employment The job was working in a security cleared position that requires a non disclosure agreement as well as a clearance.I worked for the company for 2 plus years
Slow progressive company
CUSTOMER SERVICE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 12, 2017
This employer was considered a side job and a small family business. Lots of growth opportunities but just not for me personally. Job location was ok.
good
accounts payable clerk (Current Employee) –  Ely, NVSeptember 14, 2017
Reed hired me with no experience for an accounts payable position. I have learned a lot by working there. The management is awesome and very understanding about things.
Bad Management
Cleared Armed Guard (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 7, 2017
The company will fire you for having better ideas. They don't like people the cant manipulate. They would rather pay you less than get quality workers.
love the work but management is lacking
Crane truck operator (Current Employee) –  Eunice, LA 70535May 29, 2017
local family ran co. that is focused on their selves making plenty on money but not the employees. Management is lacking and leaving employees having to figure out the jobs on their own.
Pros
nice people
Cons
pay, benefits
Stepping stone contract
Armed Security Services (Current Employee) –  KAFMay 20, 2017
Hostile work environment, a majority of the supervisors don't have recent, relevant experience overseas. The only decent thing about the contract is compared to peers doing the same job for other companies, we are about ten to twenty dollars a day more. No promotional boards or official announcements for promotion or transfer. Just battlefield commission based on who is most buddy with the boss. Equipment to include weapons/uniforms, low quality. Although I saw another outfit giving expats Makarovs to carry around, so at least the weapons are American.
Pros
Decent people working around you, law of averages right.
Cons
Pay (for OCONUS work), Management, Equipment
close knit family style environment
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hickman, CAMarch 15, 2017
RII is a small company so most employees wear many hats. There is usually no monotony in day to day tasks. RII offers interesting challenges and products. For being such small company RII has a significant global presence. The lower level management is very helpful and cooperative between departments.
Pros
flexible schedule and great benefits
Cons
remote location for most employees but still much better than most commutes
reed
Guard (Current Employee) –  afghanOctober 10, 2016
Its a very easy job without a doubt and corporate takes care of you, just a few things to fix at moment. downrange management is not that awesome yet, but i think it will work out hopefully
Great job I do in interest
BAF, Armed Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  BAF airfield Afghanistan US Military BaseJune 30, 2016
Every day starts with a management level review with our client, looking at the previous day's performance and issues, then looking ahead to challenges facing us today, such as resource issues, special requirements, etc. This review is then flowed down to our team on the shop floor so they also understand the expectation for the day ahead, and we value their input in planning how we will address the day's challenges. After that each day is different. A lot of time is spent reviewing the effectiveness of our quality systems and processes as we strive to continually improve our productivity and quality, there are HR issues to manage, business planning, resource and capacity planning, reviewing status of projects we're running, training, and whenever we have quality issues I'm part of problem solving teams to get to the root cause and introduce improvements.
Pros
Free Lunches, and getting new clients
Cons
medical care and Vacations
blah
Assistant Manager for subway and taco time (Former Employee) –  Ely, NVApril 15, 2016
hard to work for nrever was appricate their employees always blamed the employees for company issues co workers were horrible just all around bad place