Reed Smith LLP Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Network Operations Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2018
Responsibilities included monitoring a global enterprise, identifying issues and potential problems, coordinating resources, communicating the status, providing Tier I support, and assisting with routine tasks and maintenance in a 24/7 environment.
Great Place to Start
AP Expense Reports Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 12, 2018
Reed Smith offers great opportunity if you know where to find it. Everything is scheduled down to the exact detail of the position you are in. Its a great place to get your feet wet.
Pros
Great health benefits, Pto, employees
Cons
not much room for advancement
Work is Good
E-Discovery Attorney (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 4, 2018
If you like doc review this is the place to be. It's modern and clean and updated with latest technology. The amount of work is pretty consistent. If there's ever a slow period, the higher ups will find something for you to work on so that you don't have to go unpaid.
It's a Law Firm
Real Estate Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Although I felt treated well enough, there is a massive disparity between the Staff and the billing Attorneys. The perks and benefits realistically only apply to attorneys as they are still too expensive for any staffer. All company functions, like parties, happy hours, etc. are for attorneys only. Upward movement for non-attorneys is almost non-existent.
Challenging, high-level work
Complex Litigation Defense Attorney (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 27, 2017
Challenging, high-level work in managed care and other complex litigation matters. Reed Smith has numerous offices in the United States and globally.
Great work environment.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 8, 2017
The San Francisco office was excellent. The management was great, the work environment was wonderful and the location was ideal. Legal is always stressful and fast paced but my attorneys were very courteous..
Pros
Great perks and fun projects.
Poor management
Patent Secretary / Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2017
Stressful,; did some commercial litigation; very competitive; they did not try to work with our IP department;eventually got rid of the prosecution part of our practice in their eyes was not a moneymaker; litigation was their focus
Pros
learning a new type of law
Excellent Environment and Educational
Temporary position - Stivers Staffing (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 12, 2017
I had worked at Reed Smith for almost one year as a temporary employee and everyone that I had the pleasure to work with made me feel very comfortable and welcome.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Only Temporary assignment
My position gives me flexibility.
Global Travel Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 29, 2017
Travel is not typical so my days can be extremely hectic to quiet and calm giving me the time to review reports and update information. I am a global department of one so I am "on the job" even when I am out of the office. I enjoy working with all levels of management and staff along with the different types of vendors all over the world.
Pros
flexible
Cons
low compensation for responsibilites
Cut throat firm with w\miserable partners and not enough work to go around.
Counsel (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 12, 2017
Reed Smith is the worst place I have worked during a 30 year career. The pay was low compared to similar firms. The older, male partners bully associates and staff and generally are miserable. The associates ruthlessly compete for work. The hours are long, there is no loyalty and everyone is paranoid about their job. Beware!
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Low pay, ruthlessly competitive environment, not enough work to go around.
Office needs to grow
Corporate Paralegal Employer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 26, 2017
the office was not that busy and needs to grow. There were many days when I had no work and it was hard to find billable hours to meet my quota. Needs more attorneys
Productive place of work
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 23, 2017
Reed Smith LLP is a great place to work. The attorneys ensure that you have enough work to occur your time and, overall, the experience was quite pleasant.
Professional Work environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CA 94612March 14, 2017
I always loved my job at Reed Smith LLP. The company was well managed and well kept. Very professional and you enjoyed going o work each and every day. My coworkers were the best. We were all like family, that's the type of environment we were in.
Best Law Firm
Legal Document Specialist - Trouble Shooter (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 16, 2017
Arrived in morning and started working on all legal documents relating to Real Estate, Probate, Litigation and Estate Planning. Loved working at this law firm. Attorneys and staff were great.
Pros
Great Benefits and People
Cons
People are nice to work with if you are liked. Good benefits.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2017
Good people to work with, good benefits and good vacation time.

The micromanaging caused poor employee moral. Upper Management not aware of the shenanigans that goes on sometimes. And, there is little to no room for advancement.

Many times had to be prepared to work pretty long hours. Need to increase the amount available for raises, so the true hard workers get proper increases.
Pros
Reputable firm. Good benefits
Cons
micromanaging created poor employee moral
This is an exemplary law firm to work for!
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 2, 2015
Reed Smith LLP is an exemplary law firm, dedicated to their staff at all levels. They are up to date on industry benefit packages and take great pride in the treatment of their staff and legal professionals.
Pros
Life Work Balance, Competitive Salary and Benefits
Cons
Non
great environment
Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 22, 2015
This is a very busy place to work but also very fun. Management is very good at this location and there is so much to learn from day to day.
Workplace
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 17, 2015
I really enjoy my job and my firm. The attorneys are some of the smartest in their industries and some of the most wonderful and compassionate lawyer I have ever worked with.
Pros
Work Environment
Great place to intern
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 22, 2015
Awesome work environment, friendly co-workers, outstanding management. Learned a ton of new skills and software. Would recommend to anyone.
Office was great but firm politics were horrible
Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 25, 2015
Reed Smith is a global law firm. The benefits are more expensive than other firms and job security is not great. Department management varies from great to poor and most employees are stressed beyond belief from overwork.I learned a lot from my time there but I have to say my blood pressure has gone down since I left. I do miss my co-workers and the attorneys.
Pros
Ample vacation, great dental coverage
Cons
Long hours with no appreciation