REEDSBURG AREA MEDICAL CENTER

REEDSBURG AREA MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

United States22 reviews
Fairly good place to work but pay is unfair and some staff are mean
Overall it's a fairly good place to work. Most all employees are nice and willing to help. Wages are somewhat fair for the area. Recently a lot of departments got a market increase raise but not all departments, which is frustrating. Some staff who are twice my age, treat their work like high school. Leaving people out of events on purpose, lying, gossip, etc. just to make themselves look better. There's cliques, popular ones who are friends with directors and those that aren't. Directors hands are often tied to make changes that will better the work environment because everything has to be approved by senior administration. Employee morale is pretty low right now due to some changes and selective department increases.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Staff, administration
I would never recommend getting a job there
Administration is back stabbing,dietary manager is horrible. Never willing to help others out. Unless you kiss butt they dont like you. I would never recommend working in dietary
Pros
Cons
Management, administration
educational place to work
When I worked here everyone was willing to help you reach your goals within the health care field and become successful at it. This was a very diverse atmosphere with hard workers.
excellent team work
Great environment to grow and learn, I felt supported throughout my education and orientation. Teamwork is amazing, always a fun place to work. Excellent place to ask questions, the ER doctors are wonderful to work with
Cons
pay could be a bit higher
beautiful building poor management
beautiful building love residents poor management always asked to stay to fill in shifts or called in on days off. to much favortism by management not enough support for staff low morale due to this management promotes worker discord, poor work environment company benefits are good
Pros
residents
Cons
management
avoid
Poor management in many departments. Patients are never the priority! Lazy staff in all departments. Would never recommend working there! Upper management should spend more time there after 5 to see the quality of care
Best place I have ever worked
It's a wonderful small town hospital. Everyone is extremely friendly. Upper management makes it a point to check up on all departments and try to know all of the employees. They listen to employee concerns and do their best to fix them.
Pros
Great teamwork
fun place to work
staff and nurses are great. always willing to help. always willing to teach new things. Room for advancements good food always something new to do or learn
Great and Caring Co-workers
Although the Nursing home is a fast paced environment the co-workers I have are great they care about the residents and everyone is willing to help out when needed .
Pros
Wages and Benefits
Cons
Short Staffed
Fasted paced
Huge nursing home, lots of residents but never enough staff. Money is always the bottom line. Easy enough to get along with staff. Not very flexible with hours.
Great coworkers
Poor management. High turnover and lack of qualifications in management. Not an equal opportunity employer. More worried about public appearance than its employees.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Lack of leadership
poor company to work for
The overall facility is a beautiful place. I loved working with the residents and the activity staff is wonderful. However management is horrible. They are always short staffed and will hire you for one shift and put you on different shifts with out even asking. Management does not help when they are down aids and will mandate you to work a double regardless if you have children at home or not. Staff turnover rate is horrible as well. Nurses and aids do not stay long.
Pros
the pay is decent
Cons
short or no breaks, short staffed all the time, bad managment
amazing
Senior life center is amazing. Everyone is so sweet and kind. It is a great environment, co workers are very welcoming, and friendly. I wouldn't work anywhere else.
Pros
great scheduling, great pto, amazing boss'
Cons
pay sucks!
Dirty Administration
Most of administration at RAMC are two-faced. They will tell you one thing and do another. I did many things to better my working environment and my "supervisor" took credit for everything. I was fired based on a lie and when it was proven I did not do what I was accused of, I received no apology nor did my name get cleared.
Pros
LOVED my co-workers.
Cons
Administration!
Housekeepers
I would not recommend this job at all .. Very poor managers. No training done with new employees. Very high overturn rate, No scheduling consistent. Doing extras and never getting recognized for it . The people are nice to work with.
Hospital managment not nice
I use to work there.. If you don't follow along like a little robot they boot you out the door. Many people have been fired from original clinic once the Hospital took over.
Pros
Did get a lot of raises per old boss
Cons
Hospital management is not nice
Very small hospital
It was a 25 bed hospital in a very sleepy little town in central Wisconsin and i was working third shift weekends (Baylor). The job was also 90 miles from home. It was mostly a miserable experience.
Friendly environment with co-workers who care about other co-workers and guests
I have worked at the Reedsburg Area Medical Center in the dietary department for almost a year now and I love working for this organization. I work at the Senior Life Center and at the hospital so I am able to see both sides of the organization. One of the favorite parts of my job is having such a variety of duties so I never get bored. I love spending time with the residents at the Senior Life Center and providing delicious meals to our hospital patients. I was a little nervous starting my new job but luckily was provided with adequate training so I feel comfortable doing my job. If I have any questions, management and the other dietary aides in our department are always willing to answer questions. The hardest part of my job was learning how to prioritize tasks when we get busy but it seems to be getting easier with more experience. I love the benefits and even though I have worked here for less than a year, I still have enough benefit hours to be able to take off a few days to enjoy the summer. The organization values time away from work so much that every employee is required to take 5 consecutive days off in a row one time a year! Talk about a company the values work-home balance!
Pros
Benefit hours, Friendly co-workers
Great Place to Work
Everyone at RAMC is so friendly, I currently work in the kitchen and it's like a second family. The co-workers and management are so welcoming, thoughtful, and caring. Communication is on point, can't work without it!! If it's not in-person communication someone either calls or leaves a note.
I am trained on just about every job in the kitchen. I love the hours. You're never out past 8pm on the night shift. You can pull a double and still come home and spend a little time with your family. Pay scale is great as well!!

The hardest part of working in the kitchen is how fast paced it is. I love it thought. I love the challenge. If you're behind, there is most always someone there to lend a helping hand, if you can't find a co-worker to help, management will come out. That's the best thing. I've never worked somewhere where the management is so hands on!!!

As long as you do your job correctly and know how to follow HIPPA and OSHA and you know how to keep your work area clean and organized (as this is a kitchen!!), APPLY! Working for the hospital is amazing!!
Pros
Benifits!!!, Pay, friendliness, compassion, 30 minute lunch with 8 hour shift, discounts!! Free GYM
Cons
shorter night shift, but the pay is higher.
Great hospital, but Dietary is going down hill
The hospital is a great place to work and I highly recommend any department except dietary. The director communicates through post it notes or the assistant director, ignoring e-mails and getting annoyed when people go to her office. Training is inadequate if you get training at all so be prepared to have to ask questions nonstop and being asked to do research at home. You will also be asked to deliver food to patients after washing dishes from patients in isolation or after taking out the trash. The good news is things get so chaotic when patient numbers double and no additional staff is called in that "3" month reviews don't happen til 6 months so every mistake or day you haven't finished exactly on time can be thrown in you face.
benefits
Cons
director
Excellent place to work.
Everyone is so nice to work with.
The hardest part of the job is that my last job was so fast paced,

that I have a hard time with slower pace. Time goes slower.

Management is excellent to work with as are the co-workers.
Pros
Nice environment