Reflections Memory Care Employee Reviews

Understaffed and Overworked
Nurse Aide/Medication Technician (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 13, 2018
The residents make the job. Be prepared to work short staffed everyday and for management to blow off your concerns. The minimal staff that they do have are great, management just isn't able to keep them because of under staffing and overworking.
Pros
The residents are amazing
Cons
hardly any breaks, management
How the job is done
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chatham, ILJune 15, 2018
A typical day at work is I’d walk in look to see what side of the building I was on and go to what side I was assigned. Make sure every resident was comfortable, get them out to play games or watch a movie, etc. Then later on we’d get all the residents out for dinner, chart how much they’ve ate, then take them back to their rooms (if wanted to). Usually if they wanted to go back to their room they wanted to go to bed so we assist them into their pajamas and assist them into bed. Then at the end of the night we clean the dining room up and chart. Also you have to do laundry if baskets were full. I’ve learned a lot from this job especially because these residents have dementia, they don’t always know what you’re talking about and get very confused, this causes them to get agitated and upset. You have to learn how to handle the situation. I believe management does a great job on making sure you know your schedule only downside to it is that not many of us employees feel very appreciated. Now I know they get busy with more important work related stuff but appreciation goes a long way. Other than that the management is great. Most enjoyable part of the job is when a resident tells you you’re a good person or that they love you or that they really appreciate what you do for them. It really hits the heart, you grow onto these people a lot.
Pros
A lot of activities with the residents
Cons
Short lunch break, very stressful job
Great community
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carterville, ILMay 10, 2018
After working with Reflections for a few months the community has already grown on me. I've always thrived for helping out those who can't help themselves. While at work, I feel like I'm making a huge difference in the residents lives. I've made new friends who are great co workers. The community is extremely beautiful and clean. I would strongly recommend as a CNA to check out Reflections!
Pros
Healthcare benefits-great pay-
Reflections is Great!!!
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carterville, ILMay 10, 2018
I have worked for Reflections for a little while now and I feel like part of a team. Most of us work together great and feel that we are here for a wonderful purpose. We share one common interest and that is caring for our residents, our family. The environment is great, the families are great, and the residents are wonderful to care for. The hardest part of the job is when we lose a family member(resident). The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for others because that is what I love to do. The management is hard working and will cover the floor or help where is needed anytime.
Pros
Feels like family
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Carterville, ILMay 9, 2018
Reflections is a great place to work. The residents are like family. Co-workers are supportive, and management is fair and very supportive. I love working here
Pros
Working with elderly & supportive co-workers
Cons
No benefits at this time
Very pleasant environment
Activities Director (Current Employee) –  Carterville, ILMay 9, 2018
Good benefits packages. Fun loving compassionate atomosphere. Very clean and neat place to work. Community fishing at the pond. Laid back home like atomosphere. Strong work ethic in management.
Pros
Good Management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carterville, ILMay 8, 2018
I have had a wonderful experience working for Reflections Memory Care in Carterville, IL. Great pay, great benefits, and awesome work family. It has been like a second home.
Pros
Discounted lunches, benefits, competitive pay, work FAMILY
ehhhh
Resident Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 17, 2018
poor management, employees are not appreciated by anyone. always talked and looked down upon . i used to love the job but its a completely different place now
Reflections, Love it!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Chatham, ILNovember 15, 2017
Great place to work. Good management, clean environment, friendly people, fair management. Empathetic employees, and excellent team work. I have no issues with this place.
Poor Management follow through
CNA, Certified Alzheimer's Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, IL 62946June 12, 2017
I worked 2 years for this company. Facility management, as well as district, fail to follow through on almost everything. There is no accountability at this level. While the facility, in itself, is wonderful the Executive Director (s) feel the need to burn everyone below them. There is no justification or consequences for their actions and finally after 2 years I had to give up and move on.
Pros
Beautiful facility
Cons
Extremely poor management
Everyday is the same depends on what shifts you work.
Med Tech/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 21, 2016
I love taking care of the elderly. Helped me grow as a young teen and I enjoyed it but can't do this this the rest of my life. It's hard work and takes a toll on your body! Bending and lifting and turning of a resident isn't easy.
Pros
Working with the elderly.
Cons
Work every weekend and holidays. Low salary.
Good Facility, Poorly Run
Cook (Former Employee) –  Washington, ILSeptember 20, 2016
I was hired in to cook breakfast and lunch, but due to constant fights with my manager, we 'agreed' on a 'mutual parting' almost 3 months after I was hired.
The staff themselves are great, and the residents are fun to work with. I liked being able to interact with the residents daily and really forming a bond with them. The director isn't interested in the daily grind of running the place, just keeping her 'friends' by her side and filling up the beds. She's nice, but very green and needs more experience, I think. The kitchen manager, on the other hand, does not have a clue what she's doing, and prefers to incorrectly micro-manage people that are doing a perfectly fine job on their own. The kitchen runs a lot smoother when she is not there, if that tells you anything, and no one gets along well with her.
If you want to work on the floor, you should be fine, but be prepared for being understaffed and doing a lot of extra work. And don't bother trying to inform the higher ups of an issue, because nothing will be done about it. As long as the beds are full, they don't seem to pay much attention to the details.
Friendly Staff and management
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carterville, ILSeptember 24, 2014
My experience at Reflections was a treat. They had amazing organization skills and I really enjoyed the flow of things.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not enough Hours
Management needs lots of improvement!
QMA (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INOctober 31, 2013
Friendly staff.And family. BUT management need improvement!
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
no time for breaks most days