Reflections Memory Care Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great setting with extremely poor upper management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carterville, ILNovember 22, 2017
Would NOT recommend Reflections to anyone looking for a job. Management is a joke with no follow thru and empty promises. When you truly love working with the elderly it’s super sad to see a place as beautiful as this be ran into the ground by terrible management. There are more unhappy ex employees than satisfied. Read the other reviews. Beware!!
Pros
Working with the elderly
Reflections, Love it!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Chatham, ILNovember 15, 2017
Great place to work. Good management, clean environment, friendly people, fair management. Empathetic employees, and excellent team work. I have no issues with this place.
a day at reflections
cook (Former Employee) –  Savoy, ILOctober 23, 2017
started my day at 7am cooked breakfast an served at 7:30, then after everything was cleaned up i started lunch,lunch was served at noon, then after lunch, i started dinner, i was the only cook there, they thought i didnt need any help, that was the hardest part of the job, culture was ok. management there sucks,what i learned there was i love cooking for the residents, an the most enjoyable time there was the residents, if it wasnt for management that was there, i loved to go back
Pros
the residents
Cons
the management
Poor Management follow through
CNA, Certified Alzheimer's Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, IL 62946June 12, 2017
I worked 2 years for this company. Facility management, as well as district, fail to follow through on almost everything. There is no accountability at this level. While the facility, in itself, is wonderful the Executive Director (s) feel the need to burn everyone below them. There is no justification or consequences for their actions and finally after 2 years I had to give up and move on.
Pros
Beautiful facility
Cons
Extremely poor management
Everyday is the same depends on what shifts you work.
Med Tech/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 21, 2016
I love taking care of the elderly. Helped me grow as a young teen and I enjoyed it but can't do this this the rest of my life. It's hard work and takes a toll on your body! Bending and lifting and turning of a resident isn't easy.
Pros
Working with the elderly.
Cons
Work every weekend and holidays. Low salary.
Good Facility, Poorly Run
Cook (Former Employee) –  Washington, ILSeptember 20, 2016
I was hired in to cook breakfast and lunch, but due to constant fights with my manager, we 'agreed' on a 'mutual parting' almost 3 months after I was hired.
The staff themselves are great, and the residents are fun to work with. I liked being able to interact with the residents daily and really forming a bond with them. The director isn't interested in the daily grind of running the place, just keeping her 'friends' by her side and filling up the beds. She's nice, but very green and needs more experience, I think. The kitchen manager, on the other hand, does not have a clue what she's doing, and prefers to incorrectly micro-manage people that are doing a perfectly fine job on their own. The kitchen runs a lot smoother when she is not there, if that tells you anything, and no one gets along well with her.
If you want to work on the floor, you should be fine, but be prepared for being understaffed and doing a lot of extra work. And don't bother trying to inform the higher ups of an issue, because nothing will be done about it. As long as the beds are full, they don't seem to pay much attention to the details.
Friendly Staff and management
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carterville, ILSeptember 24, 2014
My experience at Reflections was a treat. They had amazing organization skills and I really enjoyed the flow of things.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not enough Hours
Management needs lots of improvement!
QMA (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INOctober 31, 2013
Friendly staff.And family. BUT management need improvement!
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
no time for breaks most days