Refresco Employee Reviews

Pour management .
Maintenance Tech III (Former Employee) –  Tampa plant.April 1, 2019
Poor management , too much favouritism. Do not recommend any body to work in this horrible place, there is not oportunity . , Change overs is part of the maintenance tech responsibilities. The worse part is the Señority, all this people are untouchable, the have all the privilage the can get .
Unproductive
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 28, 2019
Dont waste your time working at this place.There are many bootling companies you can choose from.
Work here if u are desperate ready for racial discrimination especially if u come from Africa
If u come with alot of experience the old guard will make sure u quit coz u make them look bad
Attitude full supervisors u wonder how much they get paid
No training available seriously you are on your own.learn by observation.
Machines breakdown all the time
Too much gossip
Cons
I enjoyed working with the people working there
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMarch 27, 2019
No consistent work schedule
Short breaks
Hot during the summer and cold during the winter
It's hard to move up and cross train
Management changes work schedules a lot
Pros
Free soda and water
Cons
Pay not to good
No life long hours 13 days in a row
RMO (Current Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYMarch 27, 2019
they bring people in as RMO train them and then take the RMO position away and give you a job as depal or labeler at a much lower rate then the RMO and say that why is that you are not working out happen to many people. My captain of my line had his ex wife and his girlfriend on the same line. Also had not showed me and help or training but said to the supervises that he had showed me. Nepotism is a big thing at Refesco, In my case I could run the lines keep them running but did not know everything no one could in 4 mo others in the same time frame also could not know all the lines ,, but know the basics takes time to know it all and that is the same with everyone but some they take the RMO position a way and put you as a packer for 14.00 hr and others that know less then you are still RMO. My team Captain just complained about me to the supervisors unknowing to me. he said that I did not know how to do a wash up on the filler in a meeting and the supervisors had asked me do you know how to do a wash up told them step by step and looked at the team captain and said that is how you do it what the issue. Its a big drama factory the work I can do dealing with the people there and there issues is another thing someone is always telling on someone
Pros
one sample aday
Cons
no help
Poor
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 16, 2019
I worked for Refresco for about three years the new Quality control manager did not like me and I worked hard did QA for about three months running four lines six days a week 12 hours a day and when it was time for raises she didnt give me one and put me back on second shift knowing I needed to stay on first shift when she got new employees.
Pros
Cons
to many to talk about
I enjoyed it
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYMarch 9, 2019
I actually did not work for this company under this new name. When I was there it was Cliffstar Corporation and the Cott Beverages.

There were a lot of changes in the companies while I was there but it was a great place to work at. The people were nice and the days went by fast as it was always busy.
Pros
Loved my coworkers
Cons
Job was eliminated
I never worked for Refreshco. It bought Cott Beverages
Cott Beverages...A/R Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2019
Cott Beverages provided me with mentorship and promoted me to supervisor after 6 years. I really liked management and assisted many people on my journey there.
Poor attitudes are a plenty
operator (Former Employee) –  Greendale, INMarch 2, 2019
You walk in with a good attitude and they'll do their best to tear it away from you. Everyday you have done wrong and you need to prove your innocence while at work. Promotions go to favorites and it doesn't matter if they know how to do the work. They don't care about your home life and work you 7 days a week - 10 hours a day. Their pay is the lowest they can get you in for. It's sad that a place with such potential has management that is basically confused and looking for a scapegoat. Don't work here - it's not worth it.
Much Better Since Refresco Took Over
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2019
Since Refresco took over the old Cott company, things are dramatically improved. Still need to clean out the dead weight at senior leadership levels in the USA but overall things are much better. Good plant management team in Tampa and great culture in the plant.
Productive and really not a bad place to work
Production Supervisor / Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Very fast paced day
Learned to be patient with new trainees
New management team with new ideas
Low culture , people not very happy at work
Hardest part of the job were the attitudes
Meeting new people you could trust and count on.
Pros
Company cookouts with the team
Cons
Not conducive to spending time with family
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYFebruary 4, 2019
The local company cares little for its employees. The company culture is not conducive to maintaining work/family balance. The management is very unprofessional and the Human Resources department does little to nothing to help employees.
Cons
Healthcare is almost worthless
Only as a last resort
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Gibson, OKJanuary 26, 2019
This company works on favoritism system. Your not allowed an employee hand book because they like to change policy when it works to their benefit. Management will proudly tell you policies can change at a moments notice with or without your knowledge. Company did increase the pay, but they also increased the workload tenfold. Get the supervisors to like you and they will protect you from the bad management, but be cautious your only protected as long as the supervisor can not use you as a scapegoat. You know it's a bad company when even the supervisors walkout on the job. They were so desperate for workers they were busing in convicted murders from halfway houses to get bodies in the plant. The list of bad goes on forever. There are better places to work but if you are desperate they will hire anyone. Good luck
Pros
Cons
To many to count
Warehouse
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2019
Started off as a temp for the first 4 months at Cott.
Was supposed to be hired for a Loader/ Unloader position but was moved to a Machine Operator without a choice after a month. From the start there was no communication with Management on a steady schedule and/ or position. When I tried to reach out to Management to change my position to either another “Line” (Machine Operator) or back to being a loader they refused my request without any consideration and threatend firing me if I refused to work that Line. Personally I have a medical heart condition and it was too stressful after the first couple of months. This job was literally one of the hardest jobs in Warehouse and I managed it alone. At times Management did acknowledge my hard work but in the end they did not reward me by giving me other options to either move up in the company or changing my position even when there were openings. This company runs on favoring seniority although they lacked good work ethics. The pay was fair but not great for the amounts of work load. The only upside of working here was the Medical coverage that helped pay for my medical expenses. I hope this place will change for their employees best interests and not their own.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management, no set schedule, stressful environment, & lack of communication
Back up lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Gibson, OKDecember 11, 2018
Favoritism was big here between some supervisors and line leads. Hours and days you work always mixes up and you aren't scheduled properly. Otherwise was a good job
No loyalty values
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYDecember 11, 2018
I realize it's just business, but after dedicating 17 years of my life, and they just call one day and say "see ya"! This is what loyalty gets you these days!
Pros
Great colleagues!
Cons
Do not value loyalty.
great job
Beverage Preparer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 24, 2018
great jobs great job great job great job great job you would like to work for the company great pay good time home with your family free soad al day ervry
Cott Beverage
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2018
This company has poor management and very limited planning. New line I worked at lasted less than 2 years due to poor planning and management. Had good workers but did not offset the bad parts of this company.
Pros
Good workers
Cons
Poor management
sad
Warehouse Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 22, 2018
to many team mates quieting because off no races. love this job but management plays to much favoritism i wish that we could go back in time and have everything back the way it use to be.
Not a good environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 20, 2018
Management was lacking to the knowledge of what the employees needed in order to be successful. It's a cya mentality. Working long hours with no compassion for your personal life. Mismanaged on every level and in every department
Management Maturity is an issue
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2018
This is a fast growing company with plenty of opportunity to be successful in business. However, mid-management fosters an environment of secrecy and favoritism, open dialogue and fair treatment of all team members appears to be a foreign concept. Unfortunately, this behavior is accepted and covered by Sr. Management. Changing of minds and lack of upfront planning is often covered up by the expectation of being flexible and agile. Process adherence is only applied when it meets their agenda, otherwise following established rules appears to be optional.
Pros
fair compensation, pockets of good teamwork, free drinks
Cons
cliques, secrecy, open favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Refresco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight