Refresh Dental Employee Reviews

Harrased Daily
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHJuly 5, 2019
My manager told me "I know your pregnant I just want to punch you in the stomach" Who says that to someone. I WAS CONSTANTLY REMINDED i was pregnant not broken as I worked 10 plus hour shifts with no lunch. And it was very difficult to use the restroom. When I made a former complaint I was told. "You need to take your emotions out of this." They only care about their dollar. Over worked underpaid and not appreciated. Rules change to fit what they want to complain about. Even if it contradicts what they said last week. Verry stressful.
coroprate dentistry
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Parma Heights, OHMarch 1, 2018
core values are not followed- produce the right numbers or else
$10 an hour pay cut to retain job
constant threats to achieve 70% perio scales or else
Pros
excellant equiptment
Great Pay and Benefits - not worth all the stress that came along with it
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHFebruary 6, 2018
I was doing accelerated hygiene with an assistant. The office was predominately a medicaid office and because of the no-show rate I was usually triple booked. When everyone showed up it was soooo stressful. Pt's usually had to wait for a very long time. On a typical day at work I saw anywhere from 14 to 20+ patients I was only given 20 - 30 minutes for half-mouth S & RP - never enough. It was corporate dentistry at it's worst. My office manager was great but had her hands tied with all the corporate bureaucracy. The DDS conducted herself in a dictatorial manner - was very mean and was angered easily making for a very abusive environment. I could go on and on but I will stop here.
Great place to work!
Orthodontist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHDecember 28, 2017
Refresh is a great place to work awesome boss fun staff. Fast paced office. Very flexible hours your questions never go unanswered. Patients are happy for treatment !
Pros
We have a great fun profesional team.
Cons
No chance of recieving a raise.
overall good co-workers
Shaker Hts, Ohio Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shaker Hts, OHAugust 24, 2017
I really loved my manager as well as my co-workers, however, the higher ups seemed to only care about numbers and not the well being of the patients. Did not like the salary
Horrible job
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHAugust 2, 2017
It's a great job but when it comes down to the office managers and ppl that think they can tell you what to do to the point of telling us to scrubbing floors it's wrong. That's what you have house cleaners for. I loved my co workers other than the office manager. I would not recommend anyone to work at this location.
Pros
Payed holidays
Cons
Office Manager
Work
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Lima, OHJune 27, 2017
A typical day at work is more or less, I consider a good day. I work in a very fast paced office, so days fly by. There are new and different things to learn every day. The hardest part of my job is not being able to give my patients the one on one patient care that each and every one deserve as soon as they come through the door (due to seeing so many patients, I am unable to perform the bed side manner I prefer.) The most enjoyable part of my job are the staff. We all help each other no matter what the situation is.
I enjoy the people i work with, however not enough money to keep employees
Patient Service Advocate and Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAMay 15, 2017
I love my team and my supervisor, and this job makes for a lot of work and home life balance. However there isn't a lot of opportunity for advancement and pay is not comparable to other companies with the same job expectations.
Nice place to work, management lacking
Dental Assistant Externship (Current Employee) –  Willoughby Hills, OHMarch 31, 2017
I completed my externship at Refresh Dental, the office and hours were great but the manager micromanages and abused his authority. He over booked patients then would get upset when we got backed up. Other than him i loved everything else about Refresh
Pros
great hours, nice coworkers
Cons
bad manager
family enviroment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHNovember 22, 2016
Seat the patients, set up materials and tools for the dentist for the procedure, assist the doctor while in procedure, clean up used material.. sanitize the room, sterilize tools, reschedule the next appointment, give after care instructions..
Pros
100% discounted work only pay lab fees
Cons
extremely hostile office manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 2, 2016
Executive management was iffy. Really not on the same page. The co workers were great to work with. The training was great but was hard to put it to work in the field.
No opportunity to succeed or advance
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Poland, OhioJune 15, 2015
I found that Refresh Dental was a very poor place to work. The is no opportunity for success or advancement. The management was poor and makes a lot of false promises. I would not recommend to work for this company. The employees are very unhappy. The only reason I stayed with the company for so long was because the dentist employed at the location I was working for was very good and honest. I left when he resigned.
Pros
Cons
poor management, not ethical, only interested in money and not the health of the patient
nice place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAFebruary 8, 2015
It is a new company going thru many growing pains. I enjoy helping patients. I have no other reviews on this company.....