REFUAH HEALTH CENTER Employee Reviews

Happy environment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Monsey, NYMay 7, 2018
RHC is an ahead of the curve medical facility that works tirelessly to 'make it work' for the patient and for the staff. The work is meaningful because you know you aren't just providing medical care, you are providing care to people who may get lower quality attention elsewhere. The goal of RHC is to treat every patient with respect and as top priority- barriers to patient care, be it language or finances etc. are broken down as much as possible with the help of interpreter staff and a patient services department.

I like that there are so many support services available to help the medical staff help the patients. this way the medical staff can focus on true medical care while still making sure the patients can both afford and understand their care. I also like that improvements are always being made in the center to reflect the changing healthcare demands of our area.

There is a tight knit working group- 99.9 percent of the staff here are friendly and warm and will pitch in if help is needed. The managers are supportive and encourage learning on a daily basis.

I personally look forward to going to work because I know I make a difference by being part of this team.
Pros
Workplace culture, opportunity to learn in different departments
First health career position I have had with pay commensurate to experience
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Fallsburg, NYMay 2, 2018
I have worked as a physician extender for 35 years and have held many jobs in several states as I moved for my partner's career. This is the best job by far I have ever had. The benefits are equal to, or better, than any organization I have been part of in the past. My base pay is 30% higher than my previous job and this is the first job which has paid me for overtime. Altogether I make twice as much as my previous position. This is also only the second organization I have belonged to which treats all clinicians with respect and men and women as equals in regards to the work they do. The paid time off is excellent and the holiday program based on the Jewish calendar suits me fine. While the clinic is open every Federal Holiday, you are compensated with time and a half if you volunteer to work. Employee reviews are scheduled and regulated and applied fairly across the board. The feedback to improve the quality of work is helpful. My direct supervisor is responsive to all my concerns. Everyone is closely monitored and when it becomes clear that more staff, equipment or space is needed the response is swift to provide it.
I work about 45 hours a week for 10 months of the year. Summer in this area is tourist season and there are 8-10 weeks of 80 hour weeks. I have no children at home so I can hold off and use my 180 hours of vacation at other times of the year.
The most satisfying aspect of this job is that the patient comes first. Costs are kept low for the uninsured, a large Outreach and Enrollment department procures insurance for the needy, assistance is provided for transportation,
  more... case managers assure that the medically complicated get their referrals managed, there is a prior authorizations department which assists in prescriptions and a patient services department which helps with everything else.  less
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Black out periods for personal time off
Excellent place to work hard and advance
Former Employee; Medical Department (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, New YorkApril 26, 2018
Dedication and hard work are acknowledged and rewarded at Refuah. This is fast growing healthcare organization and management is engaged and willing to give those who show initiative a "chance" to make a difference. Love the fact that there is always something to learn and get involved with.
Pros
Family-oriented, flexible
good place for starters
Medical Records /Clerk (Former Employee) –  728 n main street spring valley nyApril 9, 2018
great place to start... Administration comes down on the staff.. theres alot of favertisim. the pay is far, the hours are far, the benefits are not to bad. its a great place to grow...
Pros
great place for starters
Cons
you learn to work fast pace
Productive and great work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYApril 9, 2018
Recommend for student as a job while in college. One is given the opportunity to work flexible hours on weekends or evenings while enrolled in a college.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYMarch 21, 2018
Well run clinic fair employer, offers great health care to local community with at fair price. Management works hard to keep abreast with current standards or clinical practice.
Pros
Fair employers and management, well run, clear goals, well stocked break rooms
Cons
Low possibility of advancement, limited scope of practice for RNs
Fitness Attendant (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYMay 23, 2017
Had the opportunity to work 3 days a week for 11 hours. I learned how to communicate with patients, take blood pressure, scan in documents, schedule appointments, confirm appointments, and demonstrate workout machines. I had a comfortable and professional relationship with my manager. The hardest part of the job was speaking to non english speaking patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was giving gym tours to the patients.
Pros
Health Benefits
A nice environment to work at
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYMay 3, 2017
At Refuah, the providers are loving. The nurses are respectful, alert and skilled. The environment is very welcoming for anyone who search a therapeutic level of care.
Pros
Rate per hour varies GREATLY
Cons
It varies
Warning!
DENTAL ASSSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYJune 30, 2016
Great place to work if you happen to be a foreign born person, I had the misfortune of being placed here as a temp "twice" over the course of some years...and both times I was sabotaged by co-workers 'false allegations" by secret group meetings talking of things I said and did that never happened "left me SHOCKED and suddenly out of work" and desperately trying to defend myself!!! ...the fact is I couldn't have been nicer and more helpful to others in my time there????....and to all those reading that work there
SHAME ON YOU! ..
It is also very clear employees there are 99% percent foreign born
so if you happen to be a white american worker don't count on being excepted here WATCH YOUR BACK!
Pros
State of the art op's
Cons
duplicitous CO-WORKERS
Mismanaged Health Center!
Non-Jewish Employee (Former Employee) –  NYMay 16, 2016
The CEO is the most under qualified person I have ever known to hold such a position.
If they replace her and hire a talented person with the proper education and experience everyone would be better off.
This health center runs on nepotism and in the real world this would never be allowed, but because this place is in a world of it's own they go by their rules only.

Federal Holidays do not get acknowledged so don't expect any Christmas or Thanksgiving parties.
They have cameras everywhere.
This place has high turnover because people get fired for breaking the Jews rules and the smart people end up leaving once they realize all the unethical things that go on.
A good working atmosphere
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYNovember 25, 2015
A place where one can make real good friends, really enjoyed working there with the co-workers and an great opportunity to expand your knowledge.Someone is always there to guide you.
Pros
dental meetings, suggestions to improve working atmosphere
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYMay 6, 2015
Practices that demonstrate competency in the particular job function.

•Achieves, maintains and demonstrates necessary knowledge and skill level to perform currently assigned work responsibilities.

•Keeps informed of current developments.

•Understands work procedures.

•Uses positive methods of interactions with others.
Pros
Helping patients for a better furture
Cons
Short breaks
A lot to learn, wonderful coworkers, horrible management
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Refuah Health Center is very religion orientated and culture sensitive. The workers are all excellent and care about their patients. The management on the other hand is very unfair, and just do anything to keep the big boss happy. It has no security and must always walk on tipy-toes. Watch what you say and do because they see, hear, and find everything out.
Proud to be a Member! Amazing work environment, great culture, room for growth, challenging
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYAugust 29, 2014
I feel privileged to have the opportunity to work for Refuah Health Center. I enjoy the sense teamwork and camaraderie that is always palpable. The Health Center is run by a dedicated and encouraging administrative team. The management is very good about listening and taking your interests into consideration when assigning projects and setting long-term career goals. They will always make sure you have 'the tools in the toolbox' to ensure your success!

Never a dull moment- always something new. If you enjoy being challenged and are passionate about what you do, Refuah is the place to be! Work hard and you will do well!
Pros
beautiful offices, positive environment, encouraging staff, satisfying mission, stable organization
The Good The Bad & The Ugly
Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Square, NYMarch 27, 2014
For starters if you are not Jewish prepare to work longer hours than those of that faith on any of their holidays, Also prepare to be denied time off on U.S. Holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, 4th of July, Easter Etc Because your Jewish colleagues want those days off too. The center is closed for most Jewish Holidays and open for all U.S. Holidays on the calendar. The work is relatively easy compared to most clinics or nursing homes. The hard part is biting your tongue when it comes to the "community". Some of the people from the New Square Community tend to be rude, insulting, and carry themselves as if they are entitled. Most times they will disregard what your are saying unless it is cosigned by a Jewish Staff member. Staff never make long term career plans due to not knowing if they will be employed from week to week. The Rules constantly change. Every monthly meeting equals added responsibility to an under staffed facility. Turn over is very high with Doctors and Nurses as well as the lab department. Bottom line if you need a quick job work here but keep looking for something better DO NOT COUNT ON RETIRING FROM THIS PLACE!!!!! Hence the high turn over, you will see this company constantly scouting for staff on this site due to the "If you don't like it you can leave" mindset of Management.
Pros
the doctors are top and nurses are top notch. there is a great sense of teamwork
Cons
Mismanagement, high turn over, poor training, no advancement, a lot of nepotism
ok 1st job
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYAugust 7, 2013
great to work there for experience, not enought help, flexible hours
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
not enough help
aftermath of Ms. Imogene D.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYJune 25, 2012
the above mentioned person showed high level of incompetence, jealousy which put the entire laboratory on demise. Overall the management is fine, the benefits are awful, the culture value is high. At my advice the management should personally check what is going on, however, the managent seems detached and lives in a separate bubble. Great doctors and staff from nurse to janitors. Strong radical culture however tolerant towards others. Great service
Pros
great doctors and staff
Cons
poor judgments by the management relying on inssecure supervisors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at REFUAH HEALTH CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

REFUAH HEALTH CENTER Reviews by Location