Regal Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,223 reviews matching the search See all 2,231 reviews
Good environment but bad pay
Usher (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 15, 2018
Working at Regal Cinemas is a fun experience. You get to meet and talk to many different types ot people which makes the job fun for me. My disappointment comes to the poor paying wages that regal gives.
Productive and a fun working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 14, 2018
Through working at Regal Entertainment for almost one year, I can say that it's a fun place to work at. The managers and the employees are very sweet and friendly, and when things don't come easy, there are people willing to help you get through it. It can get busy during mass showings of a certain movie and on other days, it may be slow. But for working there for 8 months, I learned how to be a leader to the other employees, and how to grow in my work experience. I did leave the company due to the amount of hours and the shifts given, but I would for sure apply again maybe to another theatre. The hardest part of the job is having that fast-paced mindset going through your head. The job is fun if you make it fun. A typical day at work, is grabbing your tubs, cups, and paper bags and heading to a cash register. There is a board in the back, that tells you what register you are on, what time you go on break and your shift hours. Overall, working there with everyone felt like another family to me and I really enjoyed my experience there.
Pros
50% off concession stand, and free movie tickets to yourself and one other person
Cons
Expected to stand for long hours, you may leave pretty early in the morning if you close.
A good place for a student to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 13, 2018
lower compensation but a fun place to work and learn entry level management skills for younger, less experienced associates. Free movies and, popcorn and soda.
Pros
free movies, popcorn, soda. Friendly work environment
Cons
low pay. no benefits.
Good First Job
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 12, 2018
A typical day at work is manning the concession or box office area. The job is not hard at all but can get busy when new movies come out. The job may have lag times but you do get to know the people you work with and get good customer service experience. The most enjoyable part is the free movies and half off concession pricing. Although I am payed close to minimum wage, i do enjoy the job very much
Pros
Half off concession and free movies
Productive and fun workplace
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 10, 2018
Come in with friendly coworkers and just do your position. The management is really friendly. You get to deal with guests all day that are genuine and nice.
Pros
Sometimes you do get free lunches
Theater business was a great job as a younger person
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 10, 2018
Working in the theater business was a great job I did most of my lifs. It challenged you on different challenges everyday. I met many nice people in this career and enjoyed in immensely.
Pros
Something new and different everyday
Cons
Holiday, weekend and late hours
Fun Environment
Usher/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 10, 2018
Great place to work for college kids. They have a rule where they can cut your hours if its not busy. But overall a good place to work. The managers are great.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
can cut hours, no benefits for floor staff
Stressful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2018
Minimum wage is not enough pay for the tasks we are required to do. The customers are often rude. In addition the long lines and poor management make it difficult to enjoy working.
Fast-paced, under pressure, work family.
Box Office Cashier/ Concession Salesperson/ Usher (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 7, 2018
There are days where you'll be under a lot of pressure because of a new and famous movie coming out; But, it balances out because there are super slow days where you'll only see a few customers. Management always worked around my schedule and tried to make everyone feel comfortable. Working a customer service job is not easy but the employees made it a fun-filled environment.
Pros
discounts on concession items, free movies.
Cons
no healthcare benefits for part-time employees.
Its alright
Usher (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 5, 2018
The only problem i have is the pay. I only get $600 to $900 a Monty and i can't live with that so i have to find another job to be ablento have gas amd food to eat.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Not enough money
Good work environment and easy work
Usher (Former Employee) –  Davis, CADecember 4, 2018
I was hired for a seasonal position where I would serve as an usher or a cashier depending on the need for it.
The work was overall very easy, and everyone regularly followed food-safe regulations and the building was always very clean and well-kept.
But the particular movie theater I worked at had a very incompetent and rude Head Manager that no one respected and who often didn't know how to properly perform his own job duties.
Pros
Discounts on concessions, free movies, friendly work space
Cons
Awful management, rude customers
Management was not very good
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 3, 2018
Working at regal everything flowed kind of smoothly except for the management. The managers would not do their jobs correctly most of the time and the head manager was not nice to the employees unless you were a female. Other than that the job was alright besides the pay.
Pros
Free Movies and discounts
Cons
Management and low pay
Good job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 2, 2018
Typical day is basically customer service and helping guest. I learned a lot with managing staff, projector trouble shooting, and building films. Great place to work.
Pros
free movies, discount concession
Cons
flexibility as a manager, late night working
My life at Regal
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 29, 2018
I am quite thankful that Regal decided to hire me as a bartender with some experience, where I was able to expand my knowledge. The only thing I really disliked about Regal, is that corporate has no idea how to run a bar.Came up with ridiculous rules that almost made no sense that would drive guest away and discourage them to want to order anything at the bar.
Pros
Getting free movie tickets
Cons
Lack of knowledge of what a bar should be, No room for advancement.
It was good
Floor Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 29, 2018
I learned how to interact with all different people. Most of the managers were good. Hardest part was working during movie releases. Most enjoyable part was free movies and being usher.
No Work/Life Balance
General Manager (Current Employee) –  USANovember 29, 2018
Good place to work overall, biggest pro is multiple opportunities for growth and advancement, and the biggest con is the expectation for work/life balance.
It was an okay work place with a great pitch that gi less appealing over time.
Floor Staff/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 29, 2018
The pitch I was given was “fun, inviting, great place to work for any one who enjoys movies” what I instead got was, a stressful work environment, not due to customers or coworkers but due to management. Atleast in my building management does not care what happens to you unless it can somehow affect them. As far as management was concerned you are simply a tool or product that they can use to avoid having to do there jobs properly.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Poorly run management.
Amazing management, but not much advancement
Cast Member/Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2018
long work day. lots of standing, walking around, which was a perk. management was good but there was no opportunity to advance from floor staff to management.
Pros
free movie tickets, discounted concessions, flexible hours
Cons
little to no advancement job-wise
Great Part-time job
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 28, 2018
This is a great part-time job while attending college full-time. They are very flexible with the schedule. Great way to experience learning customer service, customer satisfaction, and team work.
great job
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLNovember 28, 2018
It was fun working at the movie theater. Before it was Regal, it was Cobb Theaters. With Cobb Theater employees got 2 free movie passes plus 2 more guests will be $1 each service charge. 4 people going to the movies for $2. Then for Regal employee and 1 guest for free.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regal Entertainment Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight