Regal Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

Usher (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 15, 2018
What I truly admired about working here was how well the management treated everyone. Especially as a coworker it was great to have managers that were consistently on top of anything that needed to be fixed. Always nice and when workdays were slow always gave us extended breaks.
Pros
Free movies, 50% off concessions, long work weeks
Cons
Low minimum wage
If I ever have to wear that rat suit again I'm gonna flip
Staff (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 14, 2018
Frankly, I have no idea why I ever started working at Chuck E. Cheese's in the first place. I spent 15 months of my life in this dump and what do I have to show for it? Post-traumatic stress disorder and MRSA from a skeeball machine. The first time I had to step into that dreaded mouse costume is perhaps the most horrific experience of my life. I deserve better than this place. I'm a 26-year-old with a master's degree in mortuary science, yet I've been reduced to an unspeakably horrific human-mouse hybrid who's forced to dance for the enjoyment of snot-eating children in Minecraft t-shirts.

If being part of the rodent minstrelsy wasn't enough, a typical day in the office typically started by being assaulted by 8-year-olds with piñata bats while their neurotic parents threatened to murder me because I didn't create the most memorable possible birthday experience for their little angel. After doing this for several hours, I'd go on my break to eat a sleeve of stolen pepperoni and drop acid, only to return back 30 minutes later.

My dad served two tours during the Gulf War as a combat medic, and I'm here to say that when it comes to seeing the absolute worst in people, the only thing that comes close to war is Chuck E. Cheese's.
Pros
I stole a ton of pepperoni
Cons
I ate literally nothing but pepperoni for 15 months
Great for Those with Something Else
Part-time General Employee (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAOctober 13, 2018
A good starting place to work for anyone trying to balance a life outside of work (students, family, etc.). Lack of advancement, low salary for management if I was to stay, and unpredictable customers and work hours, but if you like movies, talking to others about them, and don't mind getting a little dirty, then it's a great job.
It's an ok part time job but it sucks the life out of you
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYOctober 12, 2018
would recommend to a kid in high school or part time because the job is easy. Definitely not a career job. There is no employee recognition and you are treated like a number.
Pros
discount concessions and you and one other person get a free movie
Cons
it used to be your entire family gets free movies. They have become super cheap
Occasionally fun place to work. Horrible advancement/raise habits.
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDOctober 12, 2018
I left because i knew that if i got a raise it wouldn’t matter as soon as minimum wage went up. Dedicated long term employees get no recognition for their work. Was a lot of favoritism with managers. Hated the three strikes your out rule. It made the environment uncomfortable and nerve wracking.
Pros
great discounts!
Cons
bad environment, favoritism, bad pay raise system
Worked at 3 Different Regals
Concessions (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2018
I loved working for Regal.
However, the Regal in DTLA is garbage and didn't care about their employees at all.
I loved 1 out of 3 General Managers
I loved most of my coworkers
I loved the benefit of free movies and movie posters. But the DTLA doesn't give you anything other than movies for free. Also they make you walk far at night to you car. There's no designated parking for employees so the nearest lot you have to pay $10-$15 to park. Thanks, Regal!
Flexible Schedule, high stress environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 11, 2018
Regal Entertainment Group has flexible hours, and require employees to work all holidays and weekends. Pay is low and raises are done in annual reviews, never exceeding 25 cent increase.
Pros
Free Movie passes
Cons
Very low pay, late and holiday hours
Don't do it
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 11, 2018
If you want to be treated like a slave, used, abused, and feel like this is it in life then you are at the right place. I didn't know there were such a thing as managers who cared until I left this job. Customers are horrible to you and will treat you like dirt. Management will also treat you like dirt. If you are lucky you can meet some fun coworkers but that's it.
Pros
Free movies, free popcorn and soda on lunch breaks when you use your own containers
Cons
Management, pay, customers, management, smells down leave you, kettle burns, customers, management
Starter Job
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 10, 2018
I hated working there. I quickly left when I found another job and haven’t went back since. I don’t think they expect you to stay long there. Management quickly replaces you.
Not a bad job for a teenager
Floor Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 10, 2018
This was the first job i ever had and i liked it a lot. This is not a job for someone looking to pay the rent, but for someone who is looking to earn a little bit of money and start out this would be perfect.
Fast paced job
Concession. Usher (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYOctober 10, 2018
The job entailed ushering as well as concession stand. I had to be quick in serving customers who were waiting to see a movie. I had to clean the theatres after each movie.
Great First Job
Customer Service and Upselling (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 10, 2018
Loved working at regal and the discounts that you received. Perfect place for a teen or a first time job. Teaches you how to work as a team with fellow staff members and how to stick to a schedule.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Minimum wage
A less than Regal environment
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 10, 2018
A typical day at work is that an employee shows up and then waits for management to figure out what it wants the employee to do. This can change from moment to moment as necessity dictates. Typically management is unaware of what it wants a specific employee to do until they arrive, at the earliest.

The employee is assigned to their task for the day - be it Box Office, Concessions or Ushering. Box Office will stay until around 11pm or so and is expected to sell tickets and lock the doors at the end of the day. If there are any movie showtime changes for the following day, these must be completed before the employee is allowed to leave. They are tasked with wiping counters and glass that have already been cleaned at least 8 times that week when they aren't busy.

Concessions caters to the hungry customers who want our terrible tasting food. Why you would get a hot dog at a movie theater is beyond me but you can if you really want to. These employees will serve popcorn and drinks, make pizza, tacos, sandwiches and other food items so that the theater actually turns a profit. Often the concessions worker will find that the amount of demanding customers makes them less enthusiastic to return day after day. The endless onslaught of neediness slowly wearing away their souls. At the end of the day they must clean the popcorn popper, food containers, you name it. They can't leave until all that is done. Rest assured, it's a lot.

The Usher is basically as close to a Janitorial position as you can get without actually having to clean any toilets. They do theater checks, which
  more... involve checking to make sure nobody is having sex or filming the movie with a camcorder. People have been caught doing these things. They sweep up the theaters after the showtimes and most other parts of the theater as well. This is taxing as people are often messy and inconsiderate. They know you will clean it up and therefore make no effort to be neat and tidy. Often the schedule will say an Usher has to stay until 1am, but nobody does this because that would just be crazy.

What we can learn from this is that people who work for Regal work to live, but they don't live to work. Minimum wage is minimum wage after all. Nobody is going to injure themselves for that kind of job. It just wouldn't be worth it. Management is atrocious and typically doesn't care about whatever family life might await you outside of your job. If Regal needs you, that's all they care about.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Time off is frowned upon, Poor management, Insane hours, Management mistakes blamed on employees
Fun place to work
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 7, 2018
Excellent management and staff
Good employee discounts on food and movie tickets
Friendly environment
New theatre seats are comfy and good for enjoying a movie
hated it
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCOctober 4, 2018
Lame place it was fun at first but all the managers are trash the pay is trash hours are trash. they scheduled you on days you weren't available and still write you up.
Pros
discounts
Cons
small breaks, favoritism, old machines
unprofessional
Floor Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hendricks County, INOctober 3, 2018
very unprofessional , never scheduled enough, rude to workers , didnt do things like they were suppose to . the drama in the staff is like hivghschool , managers sharing your info with other employees
Fun working with so many different kinds of people
New York- Prep Cook, Concession (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed working in the kitchen and making food. Concession was boring but the job is easy and fun sometimes. I met lots of different people. I didn't hate it all the time.
Pros
free movies
Cons
late hours
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJOctober 2, 2018
I got to work and work. Not much to it. its not my career choice and I'm not about to sit here and make up a review for my job cause I'm forced to. If you like movies come work here if you don't then don't work here plain and simple.
Pros
money
Cons
breaks
Decent Company
Film Crew (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 2, 2018
Regal has been a decent company to work for minus the new changes with the buy out which is making the company look bad. Things use to be fun at work and then the new company Cineworld took over and they care more about the buildings being clean and paper work up to date then the customer. The only plus side is getting to see movies for free but even now they are taking more away from workers. Some of the managers are great but others don't care about anything.
Pros
free movies
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Fun work place
Movie Theater Usher (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 29, 2018
They made you very welcome.
fast past working.
i learned alot.
management was very nice.
work place was very nice.
To much standing.
Making peoples day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regal Entertainment Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight