Regal Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,946 reviews matching the search See all 1,953 reviews
Fun place to work and meet people
Lead Usher (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 14, 2018
I loved it because I love being around movies and other movie lovers like myself. Being able to see free movies is a huge benefit. You get to learn to clean theaters and sell tickets and concessions.
Pros
Free movies and great people
Cons
No ben
fun
cashier (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 13, 2018
make popcorn.
take care of customers
make food
clean
stock everything.
i love how a bunch of camps and different places come to our job that i have never seen before
Pros
free movies and 50% off
Cons
short breaks
Fun times will always make friends there and great managers
Concessions (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2018
I loved working there I recommend anyone to work there. The managers are really nice and will always help you during an emergency for example car accidents or family problems.
Pros
Discounts and free movies
I love it
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work if you love movies, its fast paced and its a good job to start with because some days are unpredictable,they have competition and lots of fun stuff like premiers
Cons
1 break
Quick paced environment but only half of the management cares.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 12, 2018
Its a good starter but if you get comfortable you will be stuck there. Most of the management had higher career goals but the perceived security has allowed them to grow timid.
Friendly Enviroment
Concession Stand Worker (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLAugust 12, 2018
It's super friendly there and all the managers were very kind. I never had a single problem with any of my managers. My coworkers we're just as friendly and kind and fun to be around.
Pros
Free movies and concession discounts
Cons
Not enough pay
Free movies
ASSOCIATE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 11, 2018
Free movies. Discounted food and free drinks and popcorn made some good friends. Able to transfer to other locations if a spotless employee and with recommendations
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Slow
productive work place
Concessions/Usher (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCAugust 11, 2018
a typical day at Regal Movie Entertainment was a very fun, and interesting place. The amount of different cultures you see throughout the day and interacting with others i learned a lot. Sometimes i had good days sometimes i had bad days but overall interacting with the guest was the best part of the job
Pros
Reasonable break time, flexible with your schedule, and meeting new people with different cultures.
Cons
no free lunch, management was unorganized and unprofessional at times.
Fine part time job.
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2018
It was an easy part time job that provided decent hours. Never very hard work, just basic. Nobody seemed too passionate about what they are doing, as other than some of the managers, most people have goals outside of working at a theater. That being said, there are a lot worse low paying jobs.
A job good for clarifying where I want to be
FLOOR STAFF (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCAugust 9, 2018
Paid the bare minimum wage of $7.25 an hour just so I could work a 9 hour (variable) shift scrubbing floors at 1 o clock in the morning. And this was while I was in high school. The second I turned 18 I was going to school for 8 hours and then scheduled to work from 3 to 11, but my managers wouldn't let me go until the entire kitchen was spotless, and some nights I was the only person scheduled for close. God forbid when black panther, starwars, etc came out because those customers were still ordering at midnight and I was there late cleaning kitchens alone. Too stressful for too little pay. It was a good first job only on the account that I know when im 22, I dont want to be making only $7 an hour after college, as many of my coworkers at the time found themselves doing at ages of 22 and older there.
Pros
flexible scheduling, can eat on the clock
Cons
low wages, can push your hours way later after scheduled clock out time
Great work place
FLOOR STAFF (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYAugust 9, 2018
Regal Entertainment Group offers flexible availability while pursuing other career advancements either within or outside the company. They are fare when it comes to keeping a policy towards all guests and employees. There is no favoritism. The theater is ran under tight control.
Pros
Discounted movies and concessions
Cons
Not enough full-time positions
peaceful place of business
Cashier/Usher (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHAugust 9, 2018
I learned how to work their cash register. All other duties I had I already had prior experience. There is not any duties from regal that are very difficult.
Pros
free popcorn
Cons
short breaks
Great company poor managment
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAAugust 9, 2018
Loved working at the theater. I would just suggest to stop promoting KIDS to management! They don't care about there jobs and it is a reflection on the employees!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor managment
Decent job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLAugust 8, 2018
My first cash involved job. It taught me how to use a cash register and how to make transaction with guests. Long hours and boring at times. Movie theater jobs aren’t for me!
Pros
Cashier training.
Cons
10 hour shifts, short breaks
Feels like a waste of time, but a lot of room for advancement.
Box Office attendant (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 7, 2018
You work in rushes, customers are often rude and feel entitled, management can be lacking, overall the job feels like a water off time. There is a lot of room for advancement and can be achieved quickly though.
Pros
50% off at concessions, free popcorn, fountain drinks, and movie tickets. Lots of room for advancement.
Cons
Short breaks, not a fun atmosphere, minimum wage
too many rules for you break easy and favoritism
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 7, 2018
When I first Regal I have fun, but after some many years working there is just feel the road never end, and more a slave working there. The reason is it is so easy for you to get in trouble over so stupid stuff. I would recommend this job to teenager who are currently in high school just to make some extra money on the side. But, for older adults I would say work at a place like Walmart or supermarket because Regal is not a perfect place for you to work at. And the manager are very very stiff and picky about every things that you do. I am so happy I am no longer working for them ever. But, the fun part about this job was you get to meet a lot people and make new friends. The most enjoyable part was meeting and communicate with customer and knowing them very much and how much they enjoyed their movies and etc.
Pros
nice flexbable hours to work around with when you are going to school.
Cons
Too many favoritism and rules that don't make any sense. Very very easy to get in trouble.
nice and clean work enviroment. had a nice break room
Concessions (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 7, 2018
I would open going in early and starting by turning on all the machines. starting up the first batch of popcorn and putting the hotdogs on the grill. setting up the candy racks and unlocking the ice cream containers. turning on the fryers and letting the ovens heat up. then I would start up my cash register computer and count the money to 300. then we would unlock the doors and start the day most of the time it was just me in the concession. I would have to cook the food in the back while keeping an eye on the front and serve and ring them out.
Pros
discounts on food good lunch breaks free movies
Cons
working alone, stress, getting hurt
Challenging
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 6, 2018
Recorded general entries for reporting all cash and credit sales receipts
Managed staff of 30 including monitoring shifts, allocating efforts, and solving disputes
Reported and addressed customer complaints and compliments
Maintained employment files to ensure compliance with federal and state codes
Forecasted payroll expenses for general manager to determine disbursement
Performed payroll process on weekly basis for managers and for employees
Addressed all aspects of employee life cycle
Pros
Free parking
Cons
very long hours
Very poor management.
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTAugust 5, 2018
The managers never did anything to help. They always just sat around and watched the cameras. Priorities were not in the place that they needed to be in and a lot of the employees feel disrespected.
Pros
50% concessions and two free tickets a day.
Cons
Bad management
The day in the life of a regal worker
Floor Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAAugust 4, 2018
Honestly i know mostly of the other regals around us get paid more then we do, but we have the highest visitation number out of all of them it just doesn't make any sense to me.
Pros
the other employees are easy to get along with
Cons
Pay Rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regal Entertainment Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight