Regal Entertainment Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,480 reviews matching the search See all 2,488 reviews
fun place to work
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVMarch 23, 2019
Work place was enjoyable. Great amount of customer service. You get to practice being professional. There was room for improvement and advancement. They work with your schedule well.
Pros
Discounts on food, Free Movies
Cons
Low Pay
Good First Job
Floor Staff / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 20, 2019
Working with regal I learned to finish task by a certain time while having to clean auditoriums as an usher, then getting moved up to concessions you learn to handle money as well as food and getting moved up to box office you learn the importance of first impression. Although, getting moved up into the different positions may take longer for some than others because managers only move up the people they feel are “ready”. The coworkers were super friendly and welcoming and always helped when needed, as for the managers, most were stubborn and sometimes picked favorites. Some have strict rules, depending on which location you work at.
Pros
Good hours, good pay, good coworkers
Cons
Strict, always smelled like popcorn
Things have changed
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 20, 2019
When I first started at Regal, I really loved the work that we were doing, and I wanted to advance in the company. Shifts flew by because we were always busy. I liked the managers and liked the opportunities that I thought were available. Unfortunately, when I did become a manager, I was only part time. I was not on a fixed amount of hours for the week and there were no real training systems in place. It was hard for me to see myself as a full time manager when all the full time managers had no plans of moving up. It was a rare occurrence: a full time manager moving up. There were also great programs for staff and part time mangers like an intern program that would take certain part times to HQ. Employees who received "Star performer of the month" would get and extra $25 on their pay checks. We were recently bought out by another company, who acknowledged that struggle of moving up, and the lack of training. Because of the changes, the Star performer program got put on hold, but I think it will be revamped and return soon.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Morale can get really low at times
Constant Stress
Usher and concessions operator (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAMarch 20, 2019
Somehow we are always busy but at the same time aren't allowed enough hours for all the staff we have. Lines pile up and people are often late for their movies. You receive nothing but anger from customers complaining about prices and the wait. Our benefits have been slashed and a recent corporate buyout has just made the job more difficult with time
Pros
Half off on conessions, 2 free tickets a week
Cons
Still overpriced, used to be 14 free ticks
Regal is a good job for a first timer
Floor Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCMarch 19, 2019
Regal Azalea is a great job for any teen or young adult looking for a job. It's a great start and has good benefits, free movies and discounted food!!
Good job and fast-paced but does not pay enough
Movie Theater (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 19, 2019
A typical work day is slow but weekends are very stressful. The general manager is not the best but not bad either. Lower managers are great though. It's an okay workplace. Hardest part of the job is finding the motivation to work because you work 8 hour shifts and only get paid $8.40.
Pros
Co-workers and most managers.
Cons
Pay, benefits, and hours.
really good for a person starting out
Usher/Ticket Taker/concessions (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 18, 2019
basically since i was the youngest one there it was pretty laid back with around 20 hours a week and for a 16-17 year old its pretty good.
got into concessions because i had a big mouth when you could only be in there when your 18 or over since we sell alcohol
Pros
discounts, free movies, friendly managers and workers
Cons
minimum wage no matter what, not that much hours unless trusted
Floor Staff
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 18, 2019
Greeting customers, cleaning theaters, making sure the lobby and bathrooms are clean and stocked on our downtime and also complete perimeter checks and removing any graffiti.
Overworked and Promised Fake Raise
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 18, 2019
I worked for regal for 1 and a half years. I was supposed to be given an evaluation after 3 months that if given a good score would result in a raise. My 3 month evaluation was done after 9 months. The raises get combined with minimum wage increases so my previous raise went away but I should have gotten my year evaluation soon after. After a year and a couple months my annual evaluation was not done. I had to ask the manager to do it and when they did it I was sat down with and my evaluation was reviewed and I was informed I would be receiving a raise. The raise never was put through when I checked my next paycheck. I asked management about the problem and the did not care. I signed for a raise that was months late and now I am not getting it! I am one of the most skilled employees which for me entails picking up a lot of the slack of other workers and doing a lot of hard work. It was a slap to the face for regal to treat me like this and because of the company restructuring new hires are getting paid higher than me. Regal is using me and is a horrible company STAY AWAY.
Pros
Flexable Scheduling
Cons
Will not give raises, Over-Work Employees, Managers Lie about Pay
Under new ownership
Deputy General Manager (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2019
Regal has recently been bought by a British company (Cine-world). They have a new mission to cap salaries and cut management in order to save money in the long term. This has created mass amounts of managers and employees quitting their long term jobs. It is nearly impossible to get any time off now that the new restructure has happened.
Pros
free movies once a week
Cons
mandatory to work nights, weekends, holidays

Want to know more about Regal Entertainment Group?

Ask a question
Wonderful place to start as a cashier
Box Office Cashier (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 16, 2019
Regal is a great place to start as a first job. All the managers are caring and understanding when school and life happens. You learn new things every day with the managers like how to handle certain situations or how to up-sell a new product. Though weekends become very fast-paced, there is always someone around to lend a hand when needed.
Great place to work for your first job
Box Office/Concession Cashier and Usher (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 16, 2019
No room for advancement in this company. They’re always changing management and the way they run operations. Corporate is always making the theatre operations decisions not the individual theatres.
They hire too many people so that means less hours. You’re lucky to get two four hour shifts per weekz
Good first job
Theater Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 16, 2019
A typical day at work would include sweeping floors, giving good customer service, selling concessions products, organizing and stocking concessions products, and deep cleaning everything at the end of the night.
Nice flow of happy people
customer service (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMarch 15, 2019
The movie theater is a great day attraction for people. They are excited to see the movies that come out and getting the snacks they love. Happy customer equals happy business.
Pros
free movie tickets
Cons
little break room
Work place
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 14, 2019
They stated it was supposed to be a fun and high paced work place. They sucked all the life out with the employees being over worked. Health benefits are overall good but that's only if you are full time.
Cons
best benefit was the free movies for staff. It was 2 tickets a day but now it's 2 for a week
Great high school job!
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 14, 2019
I loved working at Regal for its mindlessness. You get to watch free movies and have discounted concessions. However I was a college student at the time and when I needed to live on my own Regal is a poor source of income. They are strictly minimum wage which the phrase "minimum wage" is a debate in itself in the work force.

This is a great job for your kids to make some extra weekend money for themselves and learn how to work with others and get experience in the service industry. The growth is your kid can get some manager experience while they're at it, but it's by no means a livable income for someone who is passionate about movies and wants to be a part of the company. There's only floor staff and management, but management is like $9 an hour.
Pros
free movies, easy to work
Cons
minuscule pay, no company growth
Not a bad part-time Not a career
Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 14, 2019
There are a few individuals that made their way up the latter that shouldn't have. Working under their leadership is overly stressful and micromanaged. If you need a part-time job go for it, but get out when your next opportunity knocks.
Pros
Some free movies
Cons
Micromanaged and Stressful.
Good for a part time job
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLMarch 14, 2019
At Regal Cinemas you will see many customer and have to interact, greet or assist throught the facility through a work shift. This isn't the type of position if you are shy or nervous around others.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Short breaks
Positive entry level job for high school and college
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Everett, WA 98208March 14, 2019
Because this was my first job, I had a blast working here. The movie theater is a great place for any high school or college kid looking for their first, second, or even third job. It was a friendly environment that was easy to handle for a newcomer like me.
Pros
half off concession and free tickets
Cons
stressful when busy and boring when slow
Fast-paced, Good first job
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 14, 2019
Regal was a fast paced environment to work in, especially on the weekends. The management was great and they work with you to find the perfect schedule.
Pros
Free movies, discounted concessions
Cons
Pay not great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regal Entertainment Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight