Regal Heights Rehabilitation and Health Care Center Employee Reviews

Knowledgeable and Enjoyable work place
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYDecember 5, 2018
Working at Regal Heights You will be able to learn a lot of things, working with fun and knowledgeable professionals I have gained lots of knowledge that I could take with me wherever I go. It is a busy place that sometimes the hardest part of the job is that you would lose track of time. It is a competitive place, so you have to make sure everything that you do is at your 100 percent .
Pros
free lunch, fun environment
recreation
Recreation Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 4, 2018
this is not a volunteer position for the faintest of the hearts. you will be there to support the elderly and be there for them to make them feel better. it can be sad sometimes.
Did not like it
Cook (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 16, 2018
I felt they could have provided more benefits to student learners and mad it more convient for them to work with certain ours I had no weekends off unless I called out which was very unfair
Worth the experience but no career advancement
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYJune 27, 2018
Not for someone looking to further their career. Understaffed. No benefits. No support. Overworked. Underpaid. Not paid for missed breaks. Not paid for extra hours of work. Overwhelming patient to nurse ratio.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Unpaid for extra hours and for missed breaks.
Ok place to work
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Hockessin, DEJune 26, 2018
I worked here years ago, so things may have changed. But, while I was employed there, I felt as though management did not care about the employees and there was a lot of "favorites". Some of the nursing staff was questionable. Most of the CNAs were great, while others sat on their phones in patient's rooms. Some had no respect for the nurses. Overall, I loved the patients and some of my coworkers
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short staff
Great way to start
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYJune 16, 2018
You can gain a good amount of experience from this rehab center, especially as a newly graduated RN. The staff is friendly and you really get to learn a lot on your own.
It is ok
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  DelawareJune 14, 2018
They need to pay more hard working low pay no hours management is great good place for part time work great place to start your Employment Expense you can learn a lot from here
Worst place EVER
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hockessin, DEApril 25, 2018
Run, don’t walk from this place they care
more about numbers rather than adequate care of people. Management got there little click that they favor. Those are the ones that are cutting corners and stealing time.
Cons
Short of help, nurses think wiping butt is beneath them.
I was just volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 18, 2017
I literality only volunteered here and never worked here soooooo I don't know what to say. it was fun working with older people and stuff. I would def work here
No room for growth
Clinical Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYNovember 11, 2017
When I had interviewed to work at Regal Heights, I was given the impression that you could move up and into other departments if you wanted to challenge yourself. That is not the case here at Regal Heights. They want to keep you in one place.
Pros
Experience with patient, developing people skills.
Cons
No benefits, growth.

Want to know more about Regal Heights Rehabilitation and Health Care Center?

Ask a question
Worst place ever you are a slave to these people.Management has no respect for CNA's and the charge nurses doesn't help at all.RUN RUN RUN !
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYOctober 11, 2017
To all my Cna's out there do not apply to work at this place.Worst facility I ever came across.Pay is great but you have no benefits,this is SLAVERY !
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits and management doesn't respect the CNA'S
Fun, satisfaction, good learning experience.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYJuly 20, 2017
The work at Regal Height was fun . One can learn a lot about long term care, the management of chronic diseases. Communicating with the elderly . However, it can be stressful sometimes because you have to take care of 40 patients on the floor. I have a soft corner for the elderly so just the idea of being there around the elderly and helping them was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
free lunch and dinner., flexible with the hours.
Cons
short breaks, time constrain
It is a very energetic place i love volunteering with the elderly.
Volunteer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hockessin, DEJuly 11, 2017
.Everyone was very friendly.
The hardest part of my job was when the elderly were in a bad mood and didn't wanna participate in anything we did.
I love the group activities and going on the field trips with the elderly every week.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
people attitudes
Caring, Attentive, Respectful facility.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYJuly 22, 2015
This Rehabilitation center prides itself in providing an excellent, safe and client centered care. My typical day consist of providing quality nursing care in accordance with physician orders and standards of nursing practice. Performing assessment, planning, and evaluation of patient care. Evaluate the physical and psycho-social issues of patients from diverse cultures. Advocate for residents’ cultural, religious, personal, and traditional preferences to provide client specific care. Manage multiple patients with sub-acute to chronic physical and mental disabilities. Administer medications in a timely manner and assess for side effects and adverse reactions. Perform complex wound care as per Wound Ostomy and Continence nurse and physician’s recommendation. Monitor and reinforce dietary restrictions of residents in accordance with nutritionist’s recommendation. Collaborate with healthcare team, and promote communication throughout the care continuum. Educate and support patients and families about diagnosis’ disease process, management and prevention of symptoms. And provide referrals and coordinate discharge planning.

This facility has taught me a lot, including how to carry myself as a professional. It also helped me hone my clinical nursing skills such as: wound care; including Jackson Pratt and Hemovac drainage management, administration of parenteral administration of medications and nutrition, time management, prioritization and critical thinking skills- just to name a few.

To me, the most enjoyable part of the job is the appreciation that the residents
  more... show when receiving my care and knowing that I made a difference; no matter how small it may be, during their stay at the facility. I also find joy in discharging my patients knowing they have completely recuperated and healed to their optimum level of functioning from their diagnosis, injuries or reason for their admission.  less
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYJuly 7, 2015
The staff from management to support staff are all respectful and pleasant willing to work collaboratively to accomplish the singular goal of the residents well-being.
Pros
One of the perks included free lunch, as much as you can eat.
Cons
The commute was over an hour and a half
The workplace is very nice but it is very stressful due to lack of staff.
wound Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYSeptember 4, 2014
If there are more staff, the work load would be better and the quality of care given to residents would be great. Most of our residents complain of lack of staff. I learned that in this case, we still have to value our residents and their needs are our priority. The management is good, they listen to your suggestions and comments. The most enjoyable part of this job is the people you are working with.
Pros
Free lunches for all
Cons
doing over time work due to lack of staff
Fun workplace
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 27, 2014
Co-workers are nice, and this job was a very fulfilling job cause you got to care for elderly people who need your help to eat or go outside.
Pros
Free Lunches
Good job with good benefits
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYAugust 16, 2013
The food is very good and the nursing staff are amazing. I enjoyed my time there.
The facility was a great learning environment for me
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYMay 21, 2012
As an intern I had the opportunity to learn and ask as many questions as necessary. Our supervisor had high expectations and that motivated me to work harder and better each day. I worked with mostly elderly residents and was exposed to their views on life, their hardships and their wisdom. I completed daily psycho-social interviews with residents, ran a weekly spanish-speaking support group and met for supervision with a licensed clinical social worker each week. The most challenging part of working with this population was setting boundaries and trying my best to not become emotionally involved with residents. Overall, it was an excellent experience.