Regal Medical Group Employee Reviews

Interesting Organization
Compliance and Privacy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CADecember 20, 2018
Your experience will largely depend on who you report to and in what department you work in. My personal experience was great due to having a good boss / leader which allowed quick growth during tenure
Pros
Job Security
Terrible management
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 26, 2018
The workload is fine. It's manageable. It is just the supervisor that makes it stressful than it needs to be. The supervisor never listens to any recommendations that will benefit the department. The person makes a big deal of the most minuscule "issues" that can be resolved in a matter of seconds. The worst part, the person is terrible at micromanaging. There needs to be training for managing, MICROMANAGING specifically.
Pros
great people, good benefits
December 13, 2018

We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback about your experience. We pride ourselves on respecting our employees and providing an environment for them to thrive both professionally and personally. Please know we take this matter seriously and we will direct your concerns to the appropriate department. Thank you.

n/a
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 21, 2018
look for something better, you may not like it and will have to look again. do not put yourself in that position. it may look good on paper when describing the job, but it is not what it looks like.
December 13, 2018

We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback about your experience. We are committed to providing as many career opportunities as possible to support our employees in achieving their career goals while employed with us. Please know we take this matter seriously and we will direct your concerns to the appropriate department. Thank you.

unnecessary excess of politics in company culture
Contracting Specialist (Former Employee) –  northridge, caNovember 13, 2018
A rewarding company to work for if found in a position in which politics are trending favorably. Unfortunately political atmosphere shifts very frequently
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
low staff morale and uncompetitive salaries for most positions below upper management
November 21, 2018

We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback about your experience. We pride ourselves on treating everyone we encounter with respect and do our best to conduct ourselves with the highest level of integrity possible throughout our company. Please know we take this matter seriously and we will direct your concerns to the appropriate department. Thank you.

Regal Medical Group
AFTERHOURS CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 7, 2018
experience overall was good, unfortunately I had to leave because of school. it was a fast paced environment and can get stressful many times. I worked remotely which was also a perk
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
training was fast paced
November 8, 2018

We're always happy to hear that we can provide a comfortable and flexible work-life balance and environment for our employees. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We truly value the feedback we receive so we can continue to improve our company processes to make our company a positive place to work.

Horrible Managment - UM dept - Orange Ca
UM Coordinator PA (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 6, 2018
Worse management in UM dept. UM Prior Authorization Director - Favoritism, take credits for the nurses job. Director of UM loves brown nose. So much of coworkers have left because of this. Upper management and HR is aware however no disciplinary / action.

Work itself is fast pace, keep you busy no complaints.

It's work
LVN Complex Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 30, 2018
It is an ok place to work. Some toxicity in the workplace but if you just do your job and mind your own business, you will have no issues. Pay could be better.
November 5, 2018

We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback about your experience. We always strive to provide a fair and competitive compensation for our employees. We do our best to recognize their skills and talents, and ensure they are reasonably compensated. Please know we take this matter seriously and we will direct your concerns to the appropriate department. Thank you.

The REGAL way of doing Business
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 26, 2018
I was hired as an at-will employee but advised that the position could turn into a full-time position. Within the first hour of working at the Regal Medical Group, I realized that I could never work for this company (even if offered a full-time position).

The new hire orientation process was a joke. Well , since it was only a hour long and included standing in a line of new employee hires for 45 minutes outside the Human Resource office. There were no training procedures or work instructions on performing the essential tasks of the position. I had to generate my own standard operation procedures by working with internal resources but most were either new employees with little experience or soon to be ex-employees. It made things a little challenging to piece the work processes together but at least I had a full functioning computer on the first day of work (two to four weeks for a working computer was the norm for new employees). So, basically, I had to learn everything on my own accord.

Once I was up and running, I soon realized that this company had a major flaw with management. The Vice President of the division had an extremely heavy hand micromanaging all operations under his/her command chain. In turn, I worked for a lame duck Director with no power to influence our work environment.

As for fellow employees, there was a lot of tension and negativity. Much of it was caused by management but there was also a lot of jockeying for position occurring between the direct team. In turn, it did not leave much room for building substantial relationships with fellow employees.
  more...

If you are considering working for Regal to improve patients’ lives, to advance your career or to achieve employment satisfaction, I highly recommend that you look somewhere else!

Enjoying the job
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 25, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help others and work as a team. I learned a lot at Regal and am able to take that knowledge to further my career.
November 5, 2018

We are always happy to hear that we provide a company culture that supports and encourages the efforts of our employees. We are a company that welcomes new ideas and people who possess a "can-do" attitude along with a commitment to teamwork. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I report directly to the CMO. Working to improve the process throughout the company.
Sr. Project Manager - Repatriation Program (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 2, 2018

Monthly, weekly and daily meetings.
completing assessments, planning, implementation and monitoring.
November 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. As our company continues to grow, we always strive to create new opportunities for our employees to build and enhance their careers with us and plan a pathway to meet their goals for success. Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback with us.

Regal is good company, I prefer to work in a hospital setting
Hospital Inpatient Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 1, 2018
Regal is good company, I prefer to work in a hospital setting, as very nice staff and the MD's are very good. Benefits are competitive, work environment is good.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Telephonic case management
November 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with the comprehensive benefits that we offer our employees. We consistently evaluate all the benefits that we have available and expand and adjust when necessary to accommodate the requests to our employees. The happiness of all of our employees is important to us. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Only for Bullies
Decline to State (Current Employee) –  DeclineSeptember 19, 2018
This is a terrible place to work. This organization consistently over looks talented, hard working and committed individuals to advance and encourage bullies and those willing to compromise their integrity for advancement. Good ideas are not fostered by leadership and being rude, tyrannical and insulting are perpetuated.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible environment

Claims Compliance Specialist
Claims Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 15, 2018
I have been working at Regal Medical Group full-time ( 3 years). Truly had amazing boss ; truly learned a lot from her. And if I didn't know the answer, I could always go to her and ask her even when she had people in her office. Multicultural environment with all backgrounds, who made work, life enjoyable to work around, despite stressful time crunches to get audit prepared on a timely matter; other teams members made it very enjoyable work around them.
Pros
Free Healthcare insurance
Cons
Company doesnt not match 401 K and parking is a challenging.
November 5, 2018

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We appreciate you letting us know that you had a positive experience and had the opportunity to work with friendly people. We are always looking for ways to enhance the employee experience and we value your opinion.

Poor management
Care Management Nurse (Former Employee) –  Covina, CASeptember 12, 2018
First off, they have LVN’s managing RN’s. That’s just the very beginning problem which is huge. Everyone knows that you never have a lower educated person over a higher educated person. I think a ton of that companies problems would be solved if they put a stop to that. Lots of micromanaging going on....... everyone hates that.
November 8, 2018

We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback about your experience. We pride ourselves on respecting our employees and providing an environment for them to thrive both professionally and personally. Please know that we take this matter seriously and we will direct your concerns to the appropriate department. Thank you.

No work life balances
Eligibility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 28, 2018
No work-life balances what so ever.
Really low compensation & no recognition besides your hard earring paycheck.
Poor upper management I may say. And they tolerate a lot of below par & the visible system abuse employees with loads of rewards while handfuls of responsible workers are carrying the weight.
It's is hard to get along with teammates and there is no team support.
November 8, 2018

We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback about your experience. We pride ourselves on treating everyone we encounter with respect and try and practice the highest level of integrity possible throughout our company. Please know we take this matter seriously and we will direct your concerns to the appropriate department. Thank you.

Terrible work environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 21, 2018
The managers and VP's are untrained, unprofessional and do not meet the requirements of their job title. Allowing bullying and harassment to continue after several notices of incidents. Harassment by my managers as well and they only look to promote the wolves while their jobs get done by the real leaders in the department. No structure. Horrible turn-over rate. Do not put yourself in this environment.
Pros
Cons
Management. Pay. Bullying. Gossip. No structure. Harassment. Unprofessionals

Many opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJuly 27, 2018
An employee has a lot of opportunity for growth at Regal Medical Group. I learned a lot of new information. Great environment to work in and rewarding.

Lack of proper training.
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 17, 2018
Poor management and training. Unfair treatment of new employee.
Did not get the time to settle into the new job. Aggressive supervisor with no empathy for a novice, to the job.
Pros
Cons
Lack of propper training.

Inconsistant management
Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 8, 2018
The manager I worked for was not approachable. The manager in the unit next to mine was very nice and helpful and got in trouble with my manager for helping me. The Dircetor let each area manger do what they wanted. HR did not assist with unit issues. I would have liked to have stayed but the manger of my unit did not feel the need to accomodate my request for an item that every other employee had.
November 8, 2018

Front Office Medical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJune 25, 2018
working at Regal Medical Group was a great experience for me. I learn to work with different medical specialties, since we had multi specialty doctors. I love working there. Great environment
Pros
great benefits and pto was great as well.
Cons
sometimes i wouldn't take a lunch within time and or would have to eat at my desk.
November 8, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regal Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9