Regency Beauty Institute Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Na
Senior Financial Aid Processor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 16, 2018
School is closed, no relevancy to writing review. Environment was positive until the school tried to become too large too fast. Led to school closing.
Great employment
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 13, 2018
While it was open, it was a great place to work. The company alternated work centers from month to month to avoid 'burn-out' and the staff was pleasant
Pros
alternating work schedule
Cons
sometimes not enough coverage
Great atmosphere
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 6, 2018
Too bad the company went bankrupt, this was an awesome place to work. People were kind and gave creative freedom in the classroom. Management was safe and consistent.
Regency Beauty Institute
Educator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 22, 2018
This Facility was absolutely gorgeous which the decor makes it easy to work eight hours, This company put a demand on a good education for the instructors as well as the students. The management that I was exposed to had an open door policy if you had any concerns or needed help or ideas they would help. The most challenging part of the job was being an elite beauty school surrounded by a community no used to the great customer service and education. The most enjoyable part of the job was to teach the students on an everyday basis and watch them transition to becoming licensed professionals.
rude
Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 6, 2018
Stressful unorganized rude and unconcerned about their staff or students. Little or no incentives for staff or students. I can't find very much more to say they had a beautiful school and then they lost them because they weren't focused on quality and development of people,.
Pros
Cons
rude out of business unprofessional
A competitive enviroment
Cosmetology Student (Former Employee) –  Darien, ILMarch 22, 2018
A very good cosmetology school, very focus on sanitazing. Learn almost everything in a quick time.
Unfortunately the school shut down so I don't finish that year my clases in this school.
Pros
Learning a lot and quick
slow paced
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 22, 2018
i attended school as well as serviced clients,it was slow paced only on Saturdays, did i serviced clients walk in, clients, recieved my cosmetologist license.
Pros
lunches taken when had no clients
Cons
was a good learning environment
Great place to work.
Campus Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2018
So sad the company no longer exists. They closed their doors in September of 2016 unexpectedly. All 79 campuses we effected. Great place to work, great pay, great management.
Great Place to work
Educator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 25, 2018
Regency was a great place as an educator. I worked at the location in Fayetteville, Ar., I had an amazing campus manager, the pay was good, the benefits were wonderful, and the students were awesome.
Cons
Regency Closed down
closed
Elgin - Lead Educator (Former Employee) –  elginDecember 19, 2017
Regency is now closed permanently. the company was good at first but became stressful and not enjoyable. There was a lot of politics and unrealistic policies
Glad its gone
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 14, 2017
School closed due to poor enrollment and poor management. School notified students the day before it shut its doors permanently and instructed the teachers to notify them.
Pros
Cons
Poor everything
Hair school
Full-time Cosmetology student (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 11, 2017
this school is closed I can not tell you any thing about this school ben you will never go to this school. the only way you willl go to this school is if you hop in a time machine so good luck with that
was an excellent school
Cosmetology Student (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNNovember 2, 2017
Loved the staff and experiences I learned here. A shame they had to close down all the schools. I will never forget the great times I had there though.
salon life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 26, 2017
Good opportunity for a part time job. It is salon life and you get to improve your customer service to the fullest. You are in charge of running many tasks.
I work as a student.
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 25, 2017
While attending school it was a requirement that we also worked at the school fulfilling our cosmetology duties and hours of needed to obtain a license in the field
Pros
Great kit
Cons
Terrible instruction
Cosmetology Instructor Salon Floor
Salon Floor Educator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 12, 2017
Being a substitute Salon Floor instructor was a great experience. Educating with students as they work on clients was rewarding especially when the client left happy
Challenging at times but I had a Great time while I was there!
Educator/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2017
Thankful for the opportunity! The students were eager to learn and get out on the performance floor to do hair. Once they were on the floor they maintained that eagerness and did great work.
Fun place to work
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 23, 2017
Only thing I did not like about Regency is that they closed and no on knew and every one was out of a job without notice.And on notice to the students so every one was upset.
Pros
great students
Cons
short lunches
Wonderful place to work
Facilities and Construction Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNAugust 27, 2017
I felt very valued and that my strengths were put to good use. It was a great place to work with wonderful colleagues. I would work there again if the opportunity would arise.
Great School
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 25, 2017
I loved my time at Regency before they closed. I got to shape the lives of many students who are in the field today. I am humbled to be a part of their experience daily. The school had top knotch supplies and facility. A wonderful environment.
Pros
shapipng young minds, greta coworkers
Cons
short breaks