ReGeneration Schools Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
ReGeneration Teacher
Teacher and Teacher Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2018
As a teacher at ReGeneration Schools, I have had the opportunity to develop professionally through weekly data meetings and onsite professional development. I am able to teach a rigorous curriculum, have a structured efficient environment, and an abundance of support in the moment as well as deans and coaches/leaders. The data driven approach has helped me to identify gaps/errors and fill those gaps so students are succeeding. It has shown me how to aggressively monitor so I can be accountable for the data for my students. I am able to collaborate with other teachers about lesson plans and how to engage our learners. ReGeneration Schools are very detail orientated which has greatly assisted me in my profession, but can been seen by others as overwhelming.
ReGegeneration CICS Avalon
Reading Teacher (Current Employee) –  ChicagoApril 2, 2018
I am only in my second year teaching, and I truly feel like I have found my home at ReGeneration Schools (CICS Avalon). ReGen’s mission to provide an exceptional education to ALL students is inspiring, and I come to work motivated and determined to help my kids succeed everyday. In addition, the support of the leadership team and staff is invaluable. I have become a much more effective teacher because of the immense support and daily feedback. Our kids are going to go to college, but more importantly, succeed in college because of the staff and student culture here at ReGen
Wonderful place that pushes students and teachers to success!
Reading Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2018
A typical day at Regeneration Schools is a day filled with structure, routines, and discipline. Although the children might be from an area that lacks structure this is definitely something they receive at school daily. The students are pushed to complete rigorous material and in turn the teacher is given feedback daily that helps them perfect their craft. If you want to be a strong teacher Regeneration Schools is where you need to be.
overworked low pay
Teacher (Former Employee) –  chicagoMarch 9, 2018
Worst place to teach, I love to teach the children that's the greatest joy of the job. Pay is low and the staff is not nice conditions could be better high turnover in staff, Poor communication from the admin
Pros
The children
Cons
pay, admin
The opportunity to do great work!
School Leader (Current Employee) –  ChicagoMarch 2, 2018
Working with ReGeneration schools has been THE most rewarding position that I have had. I get the opportunity to motivate staff and students each day. Expectations are high for scholars and staff and everyday they meet the expectations, not only do they meet them, they want to! Student culture is extremely high and academic standards are rigourous. I can honestly say that this is a great place to work - high expectations, constant brainstorming and critical thinking, some of the best medical benefits that exist, friendly staff and team, and so much more!
the hardest and most rewarding work I've ever done
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2018
The scholars really are the best part of this job. Everyone here is 100% committed to getting each and every student ready for college because we all care so much. The passion and dedication of staff is also incredible. I know that we all work hard, but if I ever need help, people will step up to help. I also love that I'm constantly learning and growing. There are always new challenges to solve and people ready to give me feedback that makes me better.

The workplace culture is one of deep commitment, hard work, and quick adjustments to feedback or new information. Some people truly thrive in this environment, and others find it stressful. If you are someone who likes to work 9-5, have every day to be just like the day before, and make tons of money, this isn't the place for you. If you want to work with passionate people, do meaningful work that improves the world, and be constantly be challenged and growing, you would probably be much happier here.

I've worked in three school systems before this one, all districts, and I chose to work here because leaders and teachers here truly own their results with students. Nobody says, "That's not my problem," or "That's not my fault." I didn't see that in the districts and schools where I worked before. I was deeply unhappy when I worked with people who didn't believe all children could learn, or that it was our responsibility as adults to make sure all of our kids DID learn.

There are a few things we could definitely improve - I'm hoping we can find ways to reduce teacher workload by hiring some more people and adding some
  more... more copy machines. (In schools, there are NEVER enough copy machines!) I'm also hoping we can continue to give performance bonuses to teachers and staff like we started doing this winter.

Overall, though, this is the happiest I've been in my career. I've worked at several universities, nonprofits, schools and districts, and every place has its pros and cons. I'm very lucky to have found such a good match here at ReGeneration. It's definitely not the place for everybody, but it's amazing for the right people.
Pros
rewarding work, students, colleagues, professional development, great curriculum
Cons
high workload
Doing the best work for kids in Chicago!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2018
I've worked for ReGeneration Schools for a while now and love it! We work hard, but that's what it takes to achieve our mission of sending every student that walks through our schools' doors to college and beyond.

I feel very supported by leadership. I love the 1:1 meetings with my principal. The feedback that they give me always makes me better, which makes learning better for my students. I especially love the emphasis on data. If my students struggle with concepts, my leader sits down with me and helps me analyze gaps and figure out the best way to reteach them. I find these meetings very beneficial.

I strongly believe that we're doing the best work for kids in Chicago!
Pros
Data-driven, strong culture of feedback, effective leadership, college-bound school culture, and structured learning environments
Cons
We need more funding from the state!
Scholars are the joy
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2017
This institution fosters poor culture for staff that trickles down to scholars. The pay is disgraceful yet the expectations are high. Teachers work extremely hard, yet support that is given does not maximize student results as I've seen after 1 year completed. Most principals lack the seasoned experience to push teachers. It appears there is little quality of training for school leaders. Integrity for school leaders including those at the network level is also low. Turnover for staff including leaders is high. From what I've seen this institution loses quality staff due to poor culture and character of decision makers. Where does the $ go? Definitely not to teacher salaries, building upkeep, or classroom supplies or technology. The focus and $ appears to be spent in building the brand especially when potential investors pay a visit.
Pros
high academic and behavior expectations
Cons
pay, leadership, staff turn over, culture, character
Structured Environment
Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2017
ReGeneration Schools is a very structured environment that ensures scholars maximize their learning blocks. Expectations and systems and routines are reinforced on a daily basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ReGeneration Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

ReGeneration Schools Reviews by Location