REGIONAL AMBULANCE SERVICE Employee Reviews

Ambulance Driver (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 22, 2018
Love the work and my co workers. Pay could be better but overtime is available. Pay for EMT school as well. Management is wonderful, will work with you when you are burnt out.
Pros
EMT school paid for. Overtime
Cons
Base pay, unaffordable healthcare insurance
very Rude and Nasty Coworkers
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCFebruary 13, 2018
Some off the Co Workers dont teach you anything they treat you like trash very nasty rude coworkers they will sit there and eat infront off tour face A big meal think theyre big shots
Pros
Management suck
Cons
Coworkers are Nasty
Chaos
Billing Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, SCFebruary 12, 2018
Poor management by owner. Friendliness is biased. Others receive unfair treatment. Those reporting wrongs are discriminated against. Best employees end up leaving.
Pros
Cons
poor management
Emergency Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCFebruary 8, 2018
the pay is terrible, the hours are hit and miss. you won't receive any benefits unless you work full time for a entire year. I would suggest looking into other private service companies before coming here.
Pros
Cons
no benefits, unreliable hours, no schedule, no breaks
Horrible hours, low pay
Evo (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, SCJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoyed most of the fellow employees, but the hours were crazy and the job was very demanding for such little pay. You were notified the night before on when you would come in, and there was never a guarantee when you'd get off. I've worked ems before (working 12's and 24's), but never like this. Half the time you didn't tomorrow's schedule until 2100 or so the night before, letting you know that you have to come in at 0400 or around that. The only guaranteed day off is Sunday, if you're not on the on call roster. No life, just work. And you never know when your next call will go out even though it's been printed out for the day. I wouldn't recommend this place to even my enemy.
Cons
Never able to know if you can take a lunch brake or brake of any kind, no set schedule, long hours, little pay, no life
good job
Emergency vehicle operator (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCSeptember 17, 2017
was a fun job and spent a lot of time a way form my family. the only thing is that I was not pay what I should have been for the amount of work that was done by my self. between training new people and other thing that was done
Needs to pay more
Cab Driver (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 29, 2017
8 dollers an hour. Was not working for me. I left from there cause i moved back to California its ok. If u like driving. Takeing care of poeple. If u like driving in the rain
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Horrible place to work!
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJune 18, 2017
Horrible, high turn over rate. Bad management. Treat you like trash. Over work you. Money hungry. Bad hours. Just do yourself a favor and stay away.
Dispatch Supervisor
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lexington SCDecember 3, 2013
The best company ever. Everything was perfect. The most enjoyable part of this job was patient care.
Ambulance Service
EMT/ Training officer/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 17, 2013
This company use to be a great place to work for. After 4 years of Management there I realized some things regarding our bill department for Medicare and Medicaid that were out of my control. I then look elsewhere. Over all the people I worked with were great.
Great entry level place to start
EVO(Emergency Vehicle Operator) (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 2, 2012
They do strictly non-emergency medical transport. Most of the clients were dialysis patients that we picked up from either private homes or nursing homes. They also provide transport to/from doctor appointments,therapy,and nursing home field trips. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was meeting the elderly and hearing their stories of the past. The hardest was working with other healthcare professionals that either did not like their jobs or were just unprofessional.
Pros
great place to start off using the skills you learn in emt school.
Cons
no benefits, inconsistent scheduling, no pay raise, little room for advancement