Regional Finance Employee Reviews

The worst company to work for
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 16, 2019
District Manager lies give a huge .50 raise to the guy who does nothing while we struggle to get 5or10 cent and pays him $16. 4 more then Anyone else
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Pay, District and Manager very nasty, work hard make less money, laziness and friends with District you make $4 more then anyone else
Growing company
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 11, 2019
Typical day at work answer calls take payments , close loans
grow sale collect .
File legals take to court ,stressful at times very fast paste pays good.
Loved it!
Assistant Manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 11, 2019
I loved working at Regional Finance. I loved working with a team that was like family, who also worked together to achieve the same goals.
The company really took care of their employees, especially when it came to travel expenses and lodging.
The manager I worked with made it fun to work there also.
Pros
Positive oriented work environment.
Cons
Late hours.
Worked less then 30 days and ran
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 10, 2019
Did not enjoy this company what so ever- most likely an office management issue - worked in finance for many years - never seen a manager talk to employees in such a ugly way.
Save Yourself from Misery
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 3, 2019
I was excited to start working here. I quickly learned that this is not the kind of job I thought it was. This company could care less about you. We are expected to blow up peoples phones all day every day until we get an application out of them. Then I was told not to ask their permission, just start asking questions. Don't ask their permission to run their credit, tell them you are and don't stop unless they tell you NO. HIGHLY immoral and unprofessional.

Highly competitive within the office, you're supposed to take turns getting loans but only if the manager gives you one. They assign everything to themselves. My manager is very rude and makes comments insinuating I'm stupid on a daily basis. Out of all the RFC managers in the Milwaukee area, 95% are incredibly rude and on a power trip. Assistant Managers are treated like trash.

The hardest part of the job is being expected to rip off unsuspecting hard working people. My manager has no problem ripping off sweet little old ladies just to get a loan. We tell them we have a "better product" for them and then get them a tiny bit more cash and raise their already ginormous interest rate at least another 25%!

If you are a "yes" person and enjoy being treated like garbage, this is THE JOB for you. This is the worst job and manager I have ever had. I detest this job and this company and can't wait to find a new job. Most enjoyable part, punching out at the end of the day to go home! Worst part, knowing I need to come back in the morning.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Highly stressful environment. Micromanaged
Long Hours and Less Pay
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCMarch 26, 2019
Long Hours and Less Pay, not a lot of vacation time, bonuses are unrealistic and high and not worth it, Not good benefits. They take away from bonus only because your customers are delinquent.
Stay away..No training
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2019
Very dissatisfied...no training whatsoever!! Your given a manual and expected to learn on your own ..no guidance. You make one mistake get written up!
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything!!!
Management could care less about you & are only there for $
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 5, 2019
Management takes off whenever they want, are gone all days of the week and make their own schedule without ever taking PTO, but employees are talked/ lied about behind their backs to customers if they have to SCHEDULE a day off, I lost over 12hrs of PTO bc I was scolded for taking off for family deaths and missed my grandfathers funeral due to “doing it on purpose” bc I needed off at a bad time for the manager... you will be treated badly no matter how hard you work, how much you’re here & how well you do. The management will take all the credit if it’s a positive outcome, if it’s negative all the blame will be pointed at the assistants (in every situation, whether or not the employee was at fault.) There’s no opportunity for advancement, they would rather hire from other comapnies than allow employees to work their way up.
There is no work/ life balance, Regional will consume your life in its entirety, you will be here late at night, early in the mornings and Saturdays.
I wouldn’t recommend working here to my worst enemy. You will be miserable.
Pros
Paychecks biweekly
Cons
Everything else.
Expected to work nights and saturdays
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leesville, SCFebruary 23, 2019
You work a lot of unscheduled evenings and saturdays, a lot of times nothing gets done about poor management within the office. Racism has been experienced by several employees.
Old style management work you until you drop
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 22, 2019
My Regional Supervisor was a insecure, down right mean. Was a HEAVY drinker that talked about himself CONSTANTLY!! The Persistent was one of the founders and had not grown with the industry. Home Office were great people and they were devoted to helping the field.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  SCJanuary 28, 2019
Supervisor is great. Customers are good too. Bonus program is horrible. You work hard and when it's all said and done your bonus is nothing. Or next to nothing. Benefits are ok, if your ok paying a house payment every month for your insurance.
Pros
You work at your own pace
Cons
Cost of benefits and bonus structure
Very Competive work place; very much appreciated; career advancement-promotions from within companh; monthly incentives; 10 days of PTO
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2019
Great place to work! You are rewarded for your hard work monthly. At times it can be challenging but what job doesn't. If you love talking to people, up selling, soliciting and collecting in an office environment we welcome you. Opportunities are here for you to grow within the company, there is no time stamp for promotions it's all on what you feel and are you ready for the next step in your career.😊
Pros
Monthly bonuses anywhere from $100 to $ 1500; branch lunches
Regional finance was
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 21, 2019
When I first started Regional I loved it. But as the year went on by management was horrible. My manager was very rude & disrespectful. Would not recommend anyone to work with such a nasty man
Excellent Company
Senior Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJanuary 20, 2019
Excellent pay, excellent management, I enjoy the work that I do and the people I work with. The CEO makes efforts to show he cares for all employees at all levels.
Wouldnt recommend job here
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKDecember 28, 2018
I would not recommend this company, upper management gives unobtainable goals, to many chiefs and not enough indians, I average 35 loans per month and dq was always on target I was let go. Very clickish company if your not in the click you dont have a chance.
Keeps employees happy and engaged
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCDecember 20, 2018
Wonderful place to work and advance your career, whether you work in the field or in the home office. Company prides itself on coaching and developing current employees, in order to promote them in the future. Senior leaders really care about employee morale, and are always looking for ways to improve.
Pros
Positive work environment, offers Paid Parental Leave
Cons
N/a
Monthly birthday cakes and cards, several activities yearly.
Collector, Bilingual (English/Spanish) (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCDecember 3, 2018
Any day never the same. expect changes from month to month or week to week, learn everything necessary to be ready if anything will come up or help was needed, in the middle of the week or month due to bad weather at a branch(s) in another state(s). Or other situations that the branches will need the department support.
the most enjoyable part was the friendship amount co-workers.
Pros
Everyone help each other like family.
Cons
No comments.
overall good company to work for
Finance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 21, 2018
As a district supervisor I am responsible for relaying the company message to the field. Make sure the branches are performing at the highest levels, and staffing the offices. There is a good bit of travel involved at this level. I like training employees and watching them excel in their positions to get promotions. I dislike how our company focus changes on a dime.
Pros
ability to earn promotions, hard work pays off
Cons
little to no flexibilty to schedule
Long hours for pay
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 20, 2018
You receive no training, managers are required to book as many if not more loans than their employees. If you are a good employee, they have you pick up the slack for other offices.
Pros
Great Insurance
Cons
Work long hours, bonuses based on how many loans employees book monthly, micro manages everything
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 29, 2018
Great guys. Get to learn a lot on the job. A lot of important life skills can be ascertained from working just one to three years with RF. A lot of free food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regional Finance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight