Regional Medical Center of San Jose Employee Reviews

Great caring Trauma Dr's and Nurses
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 30, 2019
My overall experience at Regional Medical Center had its ups and downs but I learned a lot. This is a trauma center so it is fast paced and your quick thinking can make the difference of life and death. I learned how to build resilience in the face of adversity working at regional.
Pros
Helping people in crises and knowing you made a difference.
Cons
Management can use a little improvement in communicating with staff
Former Hospital Leader Opinion
Associate Administrator & Facilities Director (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 5, 2018
Regional Medical Center of San Jose is owned by Healthcare Corporation of America. It is a modern facility with a very dedicated staff and is a very nice place to work. The biggest challenge in working for RMC is that as a for-profit hospital. As a hospital leader you must must consider efficiency and effectiveness as equal daily challenges to work through successfully, otherwise you may be looking for a new job!
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
For profit institution
Pharmacy
Technician II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 26, 2018
It’s a good learning opportunity in the pharmacy.but once you get your experience it’s Better to start applying other places.some pharmacist are really nice.while others will eat you alive no matter how hard you are working.its a fast paced hospital so be ready.pharmacy techs there are also pretty mean except for a few.the senior techs are mostly grumpy and unstatified and have high expectations when it comes to new people and training too.
Pros
Starbucks and other department staffs are nice
Cons
Mean pharmacy team
Great Place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist II (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 20, 2018
Working at Regional can be very exhausting and one requires great attention to detail and critical thinking to work here. One requires great compassio
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Less opportunity for career advancement
Family like environment
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 20, 2018
I have been working for this organization since 1989 and the reason I have been staying here this long is because I love the community with multiple cultures and diversity of coworkers and patients.
Pros
Helping community
Cons
Its part of cooperation.
Bad Executive Team. Bad Department Manager & Leads
Facility Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 6, 2018
This company cares more about profits than their employees. It is a great place to work for a sense of security because you would probably have a zero chance of being laid off. However, they bring most employees in as "Per Diem" which is a non-benefited employee that receives a 15% pay differential. It can take a very long time to make full-time benefited employee status, so if you need benefits quick you may want to look elsewhere...

The pay is good because it is negotiated by unions. However, every 4-6 years these contracts are renewed and management tries to grind them down to nothing in order to maintain as much control over the employees as possible. They will sugarcoat bad contracts with minor pay increases, but at the same time take away employee pensions and other great perks.

The environment is toxic because most employees are overworked, under-appreciated, and micro-managed. Furthermore, they seem to place the worst management personnel in important roles which have little to no experience managing employees. They have zero social skills and just try to rule by an iron fist.

Overall I would say pace this place up but if you think Kaiser is any better... forget about it. Even worse...
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Management, Per Diem, Schedules, Time-off
Workplace Culture
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 21, 2017
Colleagues are friendly and there is support within the team. Everyone is helpful and charge nurses are supportive, as are resources when you need assistance.
Pros
Great colleagues and cohesive team.
A majority of nurses do not follow policies
Staff Nurse, Trauma/Surgical/Orthopedic/Neuro Unit (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 23, 2017
Staff do not follow all policies and dayshift RNs pass the buck to next shift. Pain mgmt not a priority. Patients admitted to wrong unit. Some doctors do not make rounds when they are consulting only. Have one trauma MD who yells at nurses.
Pros
Starbucks on site
Cons
No 15 kin breaks
Very Confusing
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 21, 2017
Poor On Boarding, Lots of Change in Executive Leadership. Was promised one job, but was given another on the first day of hire. Then was asked to transition later in to completely different role, because a poor strategic planning within the leadership team.
Great place to learn
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 25, 2017
Regional Medical Center is a great place to grow as a medical clinician. San Jose is vast and diverse and the patient's at RMC are a reflection of the city. With much diversity comes infinite opportunities for leaning and bettering ones self for helping those who need assistance in the future.
Executive (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 29, 2017
Regional Medical Center of San Jose is a great place to work. There is a sense of community with co-workers. Regional is a Level 2 trauma center and a comprehensive stroke center. Regional serves a diverse patient population with high acuity patients. It is a great place to learn and increase your skills.
Loved volunteering here
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT PATIENT ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 12, 2017
I always have fond memories volunteering at Regional Medical. The other volunteers were always so nice, I loved interacting with patients and staff, and the free lunches were a nice bonus.
Bad management and unprofessional HR
RN (Current Employee) –  MSJune 21, 2017
Lowest pay compare other hospital in Bay Area...

In confident management.. Especially, HR
Never answer the phone and completely unuseful HR...
I do not understand why they work?
Coworkers are good but some of them are very mean , always look for something to write up
Cons
Excellent pay, terrible training.
CLS (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 24, 2017
The hospital pay is excellent ($65+/hr Laboratory). Average benefit package. No discount to employees for hospital services. Schedule is posted 3-4 weeks in advance. Training in the laboratory is non existent (1 day in Chem, and Coag. 2 days in Hematology). It's a busy trauma center, so workload is high volume. Unfortunately, the management's focus is on work fast, rather than quality work.
Coworkers are supportive, and RN staff is friendly. I would send my family to this hospital for adequate healthcare:patients have good outcomes. However, I would not recommend working there.
Overall, Regional provides a good paycheck, but with 20+ years of working various hospitals. This is by far the worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lack of training. Excessively high workload. Unsupportive lab management
Nice, clean functional place to work.
Staff Technologist II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 23, 2017
Liked working for this company after having started with a non-profit organization and seeing it changed to current company.
Saw the company go through positive and negative transformation. Had a nice Breast Care Center where I worked, though planning of the facility could have been helped with involvement of the mammography technologist in decision making.
Pros
Privacy for patients
RMC of San Jose
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 26, 2017
In the beginning it was very beneficial to me and my family. Over the last year, following management changes, things are increasingly stressful due to management style/tactics. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster ride, not knowing if and when or for what little thing is going to come up next followed by disciplinary action without warning.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Cons
Disapprove of management tactics
excellent workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 15, 2016
All nurses and doctors work as ateam member. I never feel lonely working in my workplace. I will really referral all my frends to go work in this kind of enviorment.
Great place to work and get experience
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 14, 2016
I'm working in Emergency Department from almost a year now. Nurses and Doctors are soo friendly that they always ready to help you out. Got trained how to clean a bad Trauma too now
Great Leadership skills
Medical Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 13, 2016
staff were always willing to help one another
I learned a lot from the company hands on training
co-workers were willing to teach and learn
the most enjoyable part is knowing your helping patients and making peoples lives better
Productive, effectiveness,excellent nursing carefun pla
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 6, 2016
Regional medical center of san jose is the best place to be.I am wiping my tears while writing this I love it here but unfortunately my family are not here with me and are not willing to relocate so I have to go back home"if the mountain does not go to philomena,then philomena must go to the mountain"my family is the mountain that have refused to move.I have been in san jose since march of 2013,I miss my children and my home.
Pros
Friendly people and well educated people, Salary. Great opportunity.
Cons
Some few bullies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regional Medical Center of San Jose. Our community is ready to answer.

Regional Medical Center of San Jose Reviews by Location