Regional Medical Imaging Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Former Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Various officesJune 28, 2019
If you enjoy being micro managed, not allowed to think on your own or present new ideas then this is the job for you. Many relatives within the company, office politics are insane, treated like a number not a person, pay is a joke for all that the job entails. 12 per hour is not worth the time or energy.
Extremely high turn around rate within the check in department. Will entice you with possibilities of being able to move up within the company but it is all lies. Don't get too comfortable with your coworkers because they quit before you know it. After being there for one year our manager left as well as 8 others. This should give you enough heads up to run from this place as fast as you can.
Asked us to post positive reviews
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 21, 2019
The management here is a joke. The work politics are overwhelming. There is more drama and cattiness in upper level management than I have ever seen in any place I've ever worked. The moral values of this company are horrid. They want their employees to lie to patients and they mix up their medical records with other patients regularly. Our jobs are constantly held over our heads and there is zero room for advancement. The pay here is atrocious. You get a yearly Christmas bonus that is a few hundred dollars and are told that raises do not happen here. Management would literally have meetings where they had us come in hours before our shift and then at the meeting state they were not prepared for said meeting. I kept my mouth shut but recently they have started having department managers ask us to post positive reviews about working here because they want to try to change their rating. Everything about this company is unethical. Run as fast and as far away as you can.
Pros
Cons
Stresd, lack of pay, no room for advancement, unethical
The place to be for growth and development
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 15, 2019
I'm in my 13th year with RMI and it has been one of the most rewarding and challenging experiences of my career. Not only have I had opportunities to grow in my experience and knowledge with a myriad of applications and technology, but encouraged to engage in developing new workflows for the company and grow in interpersonal relationships among co-workers and upper management. If you are dedicated to your work and care about making the company better, you will absolutely find supportive management who will help you. It has been exciting to be involved in a company who wants to be on the cutting edge of diagnostic imaging, especially where it relates to the advances in breast cancer detection. They care about their patients and will do most anything to help care for them... employees have even been known to go and pick patients up and give them rides if they have no one to get them to their exam. Employees are cared about and they will bend over backwards to help them when "life happens".
Pros
Flexibility, generous benefits, co-workers
Toxic Work Enviroment
Check in representative (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 27, 2019
If you like working for pennies and being treated like garbage this is the place for you! Management leaves more than a little too be desired. They are disorganized, manipulative and extremely unprofessional. Management will discuss issues and gossip about employees with other employees causing division within departments. Your schedule will change in a moment's notice, sometimes even in the middle of your shift. The pay is awful. And HR has stated that in lieu of raises they give a yearly Christmas Bonus, which is very small. The company is ran by people who are out of touch with their employees needs. Turn over is so high that you barely have a chance to get to know people's names before they quit. No one is held accountable for their work here. If you want to do the bare minimum and be compensated the same as everyone else, this is a great match for you. Those who work hard and care about their patients are rewarded with more work and added drama from management. (But no raise and no actual promotion) Not to mention how many shady practices you will see in regards to patient care. If you bring these to the attention of management it is quickly swept under the rug and not even corrected. All of this doesn't even begin to describe the horrible experience of working here. I would not recommend this place as an employer or consumer.
Cons
Pay and management
Miss the old days
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 11, 2018
When I initially hired in to RMI, I was overwhelmed with how wonderful the atmosphere was. Wonderful co-workers and excellent compensation. My then-manager was an awful micro-manager but it was known across the employee culture and eventually taken care of. The reviews about family working there and upper managers being terrible is unfortunately true. The radiologists are wonderful, The techs are also wonderful. Over there years, the company started to expand and the perks lessened and lessened. The owners vision has not changed and it truly is intended to be a patient oriented, care centered place. The employees strive to keep that a reality, however management is killing the staff. Its unfortunate. I miss the old RMI.
Pros
Pay, Great Doctors
Cons
Management is Terrible
Great employees with flexible hours
X-ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 19, 2018
Some days were slow and some very busy depending on which office you worked at. I got to brush up on venipuncture and learned different techniques from different technologists. Not impressed with management. Culture was minimally diverse. The hardest part of the job was getting up to go. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with and getting to know the other employees. I also enjoyed helping the patients.
Poor work environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 6, 2018
Theres a lot of family that work here that get away with everything. Very poor upper management who are extremely rude and condescending. Did not enjoy my time working here at all!! High turnover rate as well.
Their moto---"Our family helping your family"
Senior Scheduling Representative (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 22, 2018
I started at RMI when there were only 30 employees. It was like working with family and friends. I actually looked forward to working every day. I only left to move to Georgia to help care for my 80 year old mother. I had been there 25 years, it was a very emotional day when I left.
Pros
5 weeks paid vacation and christmas bonuses
Cons
cut out overtime
Work environment
PreRegistration/MRI Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 18, 2018
The work environment was great when I first started to work there, when new management came in it became difficult to continue my school education and work at the same time.
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 4, 2018
I been working at RMI for a little less then a year and I'm very pleased with how it has been going. All of the co-workers / managers are very friendly and genuinely care about one another. RMI is a well maintained facility that goes above and beyond to ensure everyone is being taken care of. This goes for all employees as well as all the customers we see daily. This company does everything possible to ensure their employees are comfortable in their working environment. RMI is indeed a family and its great to say that I'm a part of it. Having the desire to actually get up and want to go to work is amazing, I thoroughly enjoy what I do and where I work which is why I would highly recommend RMI to anyone.
Pros
Friendly environment, well taken care of, & overall just a great place to work.
under staffed
Front Office Lead (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMay 28, 2018
The Company is understaffed. The office politics is overwhelming. The company does offer good health insurance. The company offers a health program to monitor employees.
Do not work here
Former Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 2, 2018
Management is terrible: not supportive; very judgmental. The job is good, but it's not worth it just because of the stress of management. Co-workers are great for the most part
Pros
Co-workers
Leaders in the community
Registered Nurse- Nurse Navigator (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 28, 2018
High standards of care. Provide exceptional care to diverse population of patients. Very comfortable work environment with friendly staff members. Focus on women’s health.
Friendly, patient focused growing company
Administration (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 9, 2018
Very kind and knowledgeable staff and Radiologists. Patient care is the #1 priority. Great work/life balance. Wonderful atmosphere. Our company is growing.
Medical Professional (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIDecember 6, 2017
Excellent Location, Facility, Direction, Marketing, and Experienced Radiologist group.

A recent merge/conversion from CMI to RMI with great vision for diagnostic imaging services
Pros
Friendly, Secure, Educated
Terrible place to work
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 12, 2016
I would not recommend working as clerical staff here. Employees are treated poorly, some of the staff are difficult to work with, management is unprofessional. Overall it's a stressful, negative environment.
Very stressful place to work.
Medical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 20, 2016
this is a very stressful place to work. I wouldn't recommend anyone working here. Some of the employees treat other employees horrible. There are no consequences given to employees that are caught treating employees and patients rudely. Health insurance through the company cost too much for a family. Overall, just not a good place to work.
ultrasound technologist
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 22, 2015
Horrible company to work for, Demanding and complete two face liars, will tell you what you want to hear just to hire you and then go back on what they promise and overwork you. best part are the co-worker, the most difficult part is dealing with management, the most enjoyable part is working with different medical offices and patients.
Pros
Doctors offices and patients
Cons
company
Student Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MISeptember 7, 2014
Great place to work, they were very easy to work for. Good people.
Family Oriented and Patient Care Driven Facility
Radiographer (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MIAugust 12, 2014
Regional Medical Imaging is a facility that wants the best for their staff and patients. During after hours, I've learned to make independent decisions regarding quality radiographs being the only person on staff. Whenever I would run into a difficult situation, however, someone was always a phone call away to offer assistance when needed. Co-workers and management were always extremely pleasant and helpful. One of the most enjoyable aspects of the job was being an integral part of the patients overall healthcare team and seeing patients health improve because of it. Overall, Regional Medical Imaging has been a great working experience.