Regional One Health Employee Reviews

Doctor and RN friendly work environment
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 20, 2019
Doctor and RN friendly work environment. About 60% of staff are friendly and easy to get along with. The overall culture is questionable. Not bottom tier worker friendly.
regional one health
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  877 JeffersonApril 11, 2019
Regional One Health is a great place to work. They also have great job opportunity and they will pay for your school if you are a full-time employee. They have great hours and they are willing to work with you.
Pros
pays for school
Cons
you cant miss to many days
Rrt
Respiratory Therapist RRT (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 3, 2019
Roh is a horrible place to work there is a lot of favoritism, there are employees who call in more than16 times in respiratory and nothing is done the day shift lead is a bully and management makes threats to make employees feel uncomfortable. Night shift often only has 5 employees so you’re forced to be over worked and given areas that don’t balance and they don’t care about patient care just tx’s charged. When suggestions are made they always bring up the budget even in staff meetings. Day shift has crts who are realitives of the manager. Budget is always an excuse yet some people are allowed 96 hours a week while others are offered no overtime... run away it’s a revolving door people come train and realize how horrible and ghetto they behave.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management rude, hr does nothing, understaffed, favoritism, behind on respiratory equipment, department manager not respected by other department
regional is a good hospital
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2019
regional one is a good hospital to work for. everybody smile and show respect to each other. The managers help out a lot. regiaonl one teach you a lot of different things.
Cool place, but slow pace.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 23, 2019
The job is pretty laid back, they have a lot of room for growth. Employees are soft spoken, management is cool, and the leaders of company always give employees various perks such as free lunch and half days of work.
awesome
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38103February 17, 2019
Great place to work. Positive culture, mission and company directive.
Great Management and leader ship. Trend setting, innovating organization to work for.
The worst
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2019
Majority of the managers shows a lack of understanding and is very insensitive to their employees when it comes to family emergencies. Never have i ever experienced something in this manner. This company policies are ridiculous and they will ALWAYS put you in a position where you have to pick your job over your own health and family emergencies or you will lose your job. When you are sick you can not use sick time you can only use PTO which is unheard of because YOU ARE SICK. I can not put my all into a company when the company does not care about their employees. Only thing that matters to them is MONEY.
RUN!!!! they abuse tn law to fire you for no reason
RN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 22, 2019
You dont get paiid time in a half when for recall when you are on call for recall. new surgery director that has been there 2 yrs plus and an educator she brought from up north last December of 2017 that she made surgery manager for Trauma Surgery. They have turned that once lovely place, upside down. TN has that law saying they can fire you without reason so they honor it. The former employees fired in trauma surgery have been there 5, 10, 30 + yrs for no reason and they all were of color. She has hired many but non of color. The management in chandler and truma surgery is too top heavy and have been fired from M Hospitals.They do not fight for their employees. Management micromanages, retaliates if you disagree with them or speak up, toys with your schedule/time-off/vacation/medical leave/bonuses, does not treat everyone fairly, and they do no follow policy when it comes to employee rights so they are always being reported constantly. However, the reports are addressed but swept under the rug.Last thing told to the surgery medical/nursing staff department was to "wash the walls" on their down time. that is what their environmental cleaning dept is for. Working holidays and weekends gets old when you are mistreated. The managers lie lie lie!!! They keep firing blacks in this dept. Beware!
Pros
overtime is available sometimes/saving lives
Cons
HR Relations dept double crosses the employees w/mgt by repeating whatever was told
Good place of employment
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 18, 2019
Classified as one of Memphis top employers
Good working relationship with management
An ideal entry level for recent graduates.

Would recommend to a potential applicant to pursue
employment.
Pros
Excellent physcian network
Cons
Need more in house advancement
Community Oriented Workplace
IT Director (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 13, 2019
Regional One Health is very active in the community and has a very wide outreach program. There are many opportunities to get involved and be part of enhanced programs. They have a level 1 Trauma Center, First Class Burn Center and they are the Baby Hospital for Memphis.
Pros
Several Community Outreach Programs in place
Cons
Intense place to work
Good learning experience, must be self-starter and motivated
Rehabilitation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 10, 2019
Job satisfaction varies by manager, supervisor; upper management is making/has made improvements in the workplace culture, benefits are above average, teamwork/communication is not encouraged and reduces efficient patient care, patient needs and care are challenging and diverse.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Work environment, demands
Productive nuturing work plae
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2018
Regional One is a level one hospital and has groomed me to work in the real world. This healthcare facility deals with the worse of the worse and help save so many lives. Great leadership and also assistance with tuition.
Has potential
Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 17, 2018
Would be an outstanding place to work for if upper management was aware of everything that took place behind their backs and rectified things. If everyone executed the brand promise. If salaries were increased to compensate employees with the changes surrounding the cost of living.
Extremely poor Management and work environment
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 4, 2018
I will never work at Regional one again. We recieved a new manager and she reorganized the entire office to where it ran inefficiently and chaotic. Patients were complaining but she blamed it on the employees. We were short staffed. If an employee tried fixing something we would get in trouble for not "staying in our lane" or "following chain of command." It felt like jail! On top of that, they told my department we would be relocating 20 mins away and on the other side of town. We were only given 2 months and when we asked I'd we couldn't make it to that location, we were given a look of oh well and a shoulder shrug. ROH does not sincerely care about their employees. The corporate leaders are even disorganized and have no moral standards. They wanted us to refer patients to them even though Cardiology appts were 4 months out but could get them in with another office within 2 weeks! ROH only cares about money, NOT patient care!
Case Manager
Medical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2018
I've been at Regional One Health for 8 years now. I learn so much on a day to day basis. Coworkers are really nice and we work as a team.
The only downside to my department is that there is no room for advancement for case managers.
Fast paced place with hard working people.
Trash tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 23, 2018
It is a fast paced hospital based on helping everyone that comes through their doors. It is located in the medical district of Memphis,tn and has been recently renovated.
Great staff to work with
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 11, 2018
Working with knowledgeable staff. Being able to work Monday through Friday and be at home during the evening and weekends with my children. Staff if eager to help you learn your role. Wiling to assist you when assistance is needed.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Lack of Acknowledgement for what you do
Hard work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 1, 2018
Our day gets started at about 0730 and there are patients waiting to be seen. We already have the charts pulled and processed from the previous day and we draw blood, perform ekg and any other per operative orders the doctor has written for.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Pay wages are lower than other places
Management had their picks of people who they let get away without working. You would find them sleep but they would get on others for sleeping on bre
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 25, 2018
I don't like working for people who don't show appreciation for me doing extra work. But as soon as someone said you did something wrong they would be quick to respond without even checking to see if it was true. They put me in an area where people were constantly being moved out of because of not doing their job but the staff in the area never complained about my work but my supervisor had a problem with me because of a woman he liked that liked me and would try to find reasons to get on me and would get upset when I was able to prove him wrong because you can never say I don't do my work. I'm a very hard worker!
Pros
3rd shift so no one was in the area until my last hour each day.
Cons
Management don't care about the workers
Great Company
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 24, 2018
Its a great company! You just have to work with all people! Smile and keep it going and you will have a great day at work! Also, the food in the cafeteria is ok !