Regions Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,747 reviews matching the search See all 1,750 reviews
Excellent Benefits and Co workers
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 17, 2018
Fast paced environment with excellent people to work with that care about their jobs and what they do. Offer great benefits and know how to treat their employees.
A great place to work
Signature Services Team Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 16, 2018
I am very grateful for my position at Regions and would recommend the company to anyone. I work with some great people and some very personable and caring clients
Life at Regions
Online Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALApril 16, 2018
I worked at Regions a couple of times, so a typical day at work varied for me. A typical day at work consisted of creating application code and pushing/pulling from Git which was the primary source code repository. I learned a lot about customer facing applications. Managers at Regions never like to admit fault or wrong doing, and it's definitely a politically charged environment. I enjoyed working at Regions most because of the yearly festivities for Evergreen. Everyone always got along so well during that time of year.
Before you apply,read this
Electronic Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNApril 15, 2018
The job does not provide for a life. The benefits are ok but VERY expensive. The incentives are nonsense, you can lose your extra money if you get a bad quality score or written up for something ridiculous. The people on the floor are nice folks just trying to make it. Management is ok but they have their favorites. Upper management? Laughable. The call center environment is now in full force so you can cut the stress with a knife,they are very focused on metrics and the turnover rate has now accelerated. If you take this job know that the pay is better than at some other places but the training class will fool you. They spend a lot of time making you laugh and tricking you into thinking the environment is laid back and the job is simple.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Upper management, expensive healthcare, no life, pay does not cover reasonable living
Very high turnover rate and low staffing regularly
FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIP ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNApril 15, 2018
Bare minimum staffing.
May get a lunch if you are desk side or management, may not. Too many duties not enough help. Most enjoyable is the hours of operation and holidays off.
Pros
8-5 Hours holidays off
Cons
Little to no help, Changes being made unorganized
Review
Huntsville - Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 10, 2018
Good benefits and good company. The company has integrity and understands family work life. Competitive pay for what you are expected to do. Nice work place culture
Great Place
Vice-President - Sr. Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at regions. The people were very nice and the job was fun and exciting. My days were busy and the pace was very fast. I would recommend Regions to anyone that wanted to work there.
Pros
People
Cons
Cost savings
Good benefits and advancement
Loan by Phone Officer/Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 10, 2018
I enjoyed MOST of my time with Regions. Unfortunately, I got promoted to another department, underwriting, and that was a letdown. I was not allowed to go back to my former position.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Human Resources
Wonderful
Branch Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gardendale, ALApril 10, 2018
One of the highlights of my career. Wish I still worked there. there was every opportunity to help you advance and encouraged to excel. the environment is true to its mission
Regions Bank
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 10, 2018
Company culture has changed over my 18 year history with Regions. I enjoy working in the HR department and helping candidates find employment. Expectations are high.
FINANCIAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 9, 2018
Regions has a good culture and works hard to implement diversity in their workforce. There is opportunity for advancement, but you have to work hard and be good at networking.
great for anyone of all ages
Teller Services (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 9, 2018
First job, worked drive thru, loved my job. just better opportunity elsewhere. Must be a people person definitely at customer interaction job, if you dont like the public dont work at a bank
It’s more of a job than a career.
Financial Relationship Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 8, 2018
Frustrating workplace when goals are unattainable for bonus each quarter. Has a Wells Fargo atmosphere and don’t know what to expect each day as bank only has 4 locations in Charlotte and very hard to compete with other banks in the area. Management expectations are overwhelming/frustrating especially when bank is in a smaller market.
Pros
Benefits, Work/Life balance
Cons
Poor Management/ Unattainable goals
Sometime frustrating. Management did not understand my function.
Bank Petroleum Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2018
The bank is cutting back on its work force, creating an situation of under staffing. It gives the impression that the bank will be sold in the near future.
Pros
Good compensation.
Cons
Management did not understand my function.
changes
Commercial Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Hartselle, ALApril 5, 2018
underwriting environment is fast paced and has become micro-managed. Work place culture primarily depends on manager's style. Multiple recent changes make for difficulties to perform the job.
Productive environment
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GAApril 5, 2018
I enjoyed the team atmosphere that Regions was able to provide. I also enjoyed providing consumers with financial options Regions offered in terms of individual or business savings, retirement, and loans.
Pros
Monday -Friday
Cons
Pay wasn't enough
productive
Customer Accounting Associate II (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 3, 2018
caring about people money time and expenses on a daily basis.. treating accounts in a privacy matter..................................................
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 3, 2018
I wish to not speak ill of the company I work for. I was put into a position where we have been understaffed for months. Many changes that have not been well thought out.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Can be a fast-paced but fun work environment
Financial Relationship Consultant (Current Employee) –  Paragould, ARApril 3, 2018
You have to be ready for anything.
Slow days fast days and anything in between.
You never know what the day will bring.
There are some fun activities
Training is a Joke
FSS (Current Employee) –  TennesseeApril 2, 2018
I went through weeks of training, and when I finally was able to work, I tried to do everything the way I was taught. Customers were talking bad about me behind my back to coworkers saying that I was fake and why do I ask so many random questions. That's how I was trained. My manager was great and she straight out told me to forget everything I was taught because that stuff doesn't work with real people. I stopped talking to customers like they were stupid which is how we were trained, and I have been getting perfect customer surveys ever since. Just go through the stupid training, and then when you get to work, you can be a human again.
Pros
Relationships with coworkers and manager
Cons
Initial training is a waste of time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regions Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

57out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Regions Bank.

Powered by Comparably