Regions Bank
55Below average
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Regions Bank Employee Reviews

United States2,631 reviews
Found 2,631 reviews matching the search
They do train well but as soon as you get started you get sent to a different contact center. The pay for me was $13 an hour, in Electronic Banking, however, you don't get OT and "incentives" are impossible to meet, since you have to work hard to sign people up for services that someone else has already signed them up for before you. They were understanding when I had to miss work for OB appointments. The supervisors can be very degrading.
Pros
Schedule, bank holidays
Cons
Micromanaging, negativity, salary
I have worked for this company for 3.5 years and so much has changed so quickly. There were two levels of management that were eliminated and sales districts were consolidated. My area was consolidated with a major city that WAY out-performed our area, and we were suddenly expected to perform at the level of this big city. Their customer service tactics are misleading. They make it seem like they have the customer's best interest at heart but are quick to discipline when branch goals are not met rather than giving options for improvement or taking a look and economical impacts or branch locations. Branches are held accountable for "activity levels" such as making outbound calls and filling out their "guided discovery" module which tells customers what products they qualify for based on their answers IF they feel comfortable answering, standing by the door and convincing customers to sit down to make deposits so the bankers can interview them, "refer-a-friend" registrations, and a variety of other activity "indicators." If you miss the mark on any of them, management makes you feel incompetent. One associate opted to step down out of a position that they believed was too much for them but was DENIED by HR because they had write ups on their record. So, rather than work WITH their associates to keep them, they'd rather fire them or push them out than give them opportunities to better themselves. The sales incentives are difficult to meet as it is contingent on the entire branch meeting its sales number, regardless of the individual effort you put in. This company also attempts - more...
Pros
Can move from teller to banker IF you meet each training and incentive goal.
Cons
HR structure, management, toxic sales environment.
Some branches are better than others, but at mine management was extremely childish and insensitive. When I tried to bring up concerns I had I was belittled in front of my coworkers. The pay is okay, but for everything expected of you it falls a bit short. You're expected to open accounts and sell products even if there is a line of angry customers out of the door. The branch manager I had constantly had us spread too thin and was extremely rude and unprofessional even though she was brand new to the company and sat in her office all day with the door closed instead of caring about what happened in her branch. Overall, everyone was extremely gossipy, the assistant manager would try to turn everyone against the branch manager, and I was constantly undermined and called emotional for being a woman.
Pros
Shorter days monday through friday
Cons
Unprofessional, understaffed, management took no interest in employees
Management has no interest in developing and promoting staff. The turnover is very high. The pay is not good especially considering the benefits are terrible compared to other banks. The insurance is too expensive compared to the pay. There is a culture of tearing people down to prevent them from moving up or being promoted. Get the position you expect to stay in and the pay you want.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
High turnover, poor pay, no promotion from within
A great place to grow and learn. Always training and implementing new age ideas. Support is everywhere. Mentors become long term friends and are always a phone call or chat away.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I love the customers I had, but I think it was very, but my work was very stressful. sometimes there weren't enough cashiers and you have to stop lunch to attend the client.
The manager at that time didn't care how you felt. she only care in how many accounts your open
Pros
N/a
Not a positive atmosphere.Worry more about making phone calls then customer service. We have been short -handed for months. We have had no branch manager for months.
Pros
Health insurance and sick time.
Cons
Short-handed.
This is a great steady job for anybody. 9-5 mon-fri with usually 1 Saturday a month from 9-12. Knowledgeable people, great support system. This company truly cares about its employees and prioritizes diversity!
Pros
Good pay/benefits, good experience, work/life balance
Cons
I worked with Regions for over twenty years. I would love to go back to Regions if given the opportunity. It was a learning experience that will carry me throughout my life.
I could talk for hours about how terrible this place is. Constant stress, leadership likes to threaten branch closure all the time, incompetent back office, poorly designed systems, angry customers, no support. Run away from this place. So many of us want out.
Pros
Cons
many
My home branch was an amazing place to work , even when overwhelmed by the sales driven corprate standard they lifted each other up to keep jobs and keep customers very happy. Management and staff there should be what all location go by. The branch in the same town is run poorly and at the managers discretion of showing up ,or not, and the employees are just treated terribly, I was so grateful for my home branch I would gladly work with them again.
Unfortunately due to family health issues

I was unable to give two weeks notice regions policy about two weeks notice being given is cut and dry and essentially bans you working there again ever.
Pros
Great pay, family work life balance, continuing education, incredible team, work family
Cons
Corporate point standards, wells fargo issues renamed other locations not held accountable for poor service and bad management
great great company to work at. My manager was the best I ever had and I've been at other companies. Focus on development and growth. Strong support system
Pros
great Manager
Cons
Low pay
The compensation is not very good. You don’t feel like you get paid what you should. They penalize you for your salary by having very low payout on the commission.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Compensation not good.
I worked with Regions bank for over 3 years. Company values(when applied),benefits, pay and SOME co-workers are absolutely great! It all depends on your particular branch and the management running it how your experience is going to be. When I made the decision to leave it was because the new Branch Manager made my work life a living nightmare and has absolutely no idea how to do her job. (Thanks Covid-19 for giving our City President no other option than to put her as the Branch Manager) The HR department at this place is also a joke. It took them weeks to investigate a serious incident between a previous (psychotic) Branch Manager and employees that took place during a work meeting. Instead of firing her they “investigated” the situation and placed her on leave. This gave her the option to resign instead of being fired. Also, after multiple employees made it very clear they were uncomfortable and did not feel safe being around this woman, she was given permission by HR to enter our workplace during open hours to gather her belongings and walk freely around the branch. If you can deal with an HR department that cares nothing about your safety or well being, and if you’re willing to take a chance on management, then Regions is your place to be! In the end if it wasn’t for POOR management at my branch, and HR doing absolutely nothing to help my TOXIC work environment, I would’ve loved to stay at Region’s. I know some amazing people with this company and other Branch Manager’s I would’ve loved to work for! I really do hate that I had to leave this company and some wonderful co - more...
Pros
Pay/Company benefits
Cons
Enjoyed the culture and feeling of being part of a family - will truly miss the employees and clients. The firm should review job opportunities - allowing employees to grow/ expand within the org
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Job growth
I worked here 20 years an I was disappointed with the company . I miss the customers not the company turnover was always a issue here an they didn’t seem to care worked like a dog for nothing never felt appreciated.
Management isn’t great toxic work branches are everywhere advancement is more difficult than actually needed and takes too long a process special treatment is everywhere
The company has really gone down in the past 5 years. Also I experienced and witnessed so much discrimination while working there. Reported most of it and they did nothing but retaliate with more discrimination. HR is a JOKE and I would only recommend working there for the pay and vacation time.
A typical day will include making outbound calls, assisting customers with issues and transitioning to a needs based conversation to uncover needs. Great work life balance.
Absolutely love working here. Aside from lazy coworkers in some instances, I am learning fast and enjoying every minute of it. Plenty of incentives to work here.
As a whole, the company is sound. As an employee I just think they could have done better with compensation and less selling/pushing products down the customers throat and take the pressure off the teller to sell/produce completely unreasonable quota!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regions Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Regions Bank.