Regions Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,902 reviews matching the search See all 1,905 reviews
Regional Bank
Senior Financial Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2018
Do not waist your time. Do not go to work for Regions Bank. They are a regional bank headquartered in Alabama. Alabama maybe great at turning out college football championships, but you do not want them managing your money or having anything to do with your career.
Pros
Banking job
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Financial Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLAugust 20, 2018
Management is poor. At the location that I work for the manager displayed egotistical tendencies. Our team was micro managed at 15 minute intervals. Our daily huddles were full of contradictions. Time to complete mandatory training was offered but rarely provided.
Pros
Free checking account
Cons
poor pay, poor training, poor managment
Enjoyable staff
SBA Problem Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 19, 2018
Must be flexible and willing top multi task daily. Interactions with various individuals and knowledgeable in regulation requirements is necessary to perform many job duties.
Pros
401K matches
Cons
Advancement in positions are limited
Goals Unrealistic
Branch Team Lead (Current Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 17, 2018
Heavily sales focused, with a requirement to cold call multiple customers daily to drive loans. Must have certain number of contacts daily, or risk write ups.
Great company to work for.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 17, 2018
Great company to work for. Been here over 18 years just want to relocate to another state. There are great opportunities for growth. Most employees stay here until retirement.
Pros
Care about their employees
Cons
N/a
Very fair and great atmosphere to work.
Trust Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 16, 2018
Enjoyed working at Regions. Would recommend Regions to anyone that wants a balanced lifestyle. Regions is very good and fair to their employees. Although could be better with payscales. But all in all Regions is a great place to start a career.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Low Pay Scale
Great Bank Job
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 16, 2018
The co-workers I worked with were some of the best. If there was anything I needed the company was great at providing answers. Great benefits and great place to work
Great place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2018
They define clear and specific expectations for what success looks like for the job.
Hold leaders and managers accountable for treating all employees with respect and care, all of the time.
A great place to work with dedicated employees.
VP, Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 16, 2018
A great place to work, with very dedicated employees. I was given the opportunity to further hone my management skills and learn that culture is one of the most important indicators of a company's ability to reach established goals and mission.
Pros
Fellow employees
Regions Bank
Processing Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 15, 2018
I had various jobs at Regions Bank. I was a teller, Customer Service Representative, Processing specialist 1 with the Regions Morgan Keegan Trust Department. I enjoyed each positions that I worked while at Regions Bank. I loved working with the public.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Stressful
It Is What You Make Of It!
Customer Relationship Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 15, 2018
In the 2 years I've been there I can say there have been a lot of changes some welcomed and some unwelcome, however I would say it's pretty much what you ultimately decide to make of it. The CRM group is very competitive.
Pros
Healthcare, Vacation
Cons
Hours
Fun, relaxed place to work. very goal oriented, customer relations is key
Workforce Recovery Analyst/Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 15, 2018
Very customer oriented and driven employees working together for a common goal to exceed expectations. We found ways to make work fun and interactive. The common goal to make each customer feel appreciated as well as handle their needs according to Regions policies for the good of the customer and Regions is the common atmosphere through Regions.
Pros
Fun, relaxed environment for employees to excel at job
Cons
little room for growth or career advancement, salary can be unsatisfactory
Good employees, unrealistic direction.
Financial Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2018
There is a new direction that Regions is headed in, and there is this implied need to transition to sales driven roles as they attempt to "streamline" departments within the bank. At times, there are unrealistic expectations set by upper management with the already ghost crew running the branches. Working within these parameters makes it very difficult and stressful on branch employees, as there is very little effort being placed on staffing the branch offices in a timely and reasonable manner. Technology is years behind our competitors and there are too many "exceptions" allowed for customers who have not done anything to deserve them, and having a bank account does not entitle them to these exceptions. No longer a relationship bank, but slowly transitioning into the new Wells Fargo, just named Regions.
Pros
2 weeks off throughout the year
Cons
Miserable pay and poor staffing models
Branch Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Evergreen, ALAugust 15, 2018
This is a decent place to work, they have good benefits and good pay, the only thing that I did not like was the sales goals, in the area that I was in, the sales goals were unrealistic.
Pros
Great Salary, Great Benefits
Cons
Sales Goals
Trying to hard to be something nobody wants
Finanicial Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 14, 2018
There working towards a more tech savy company with less employees. Its all well in good but there eliminating to many jobs and were super slow to implement change leaving the employees who were there to pick up the slack. The sales goals were reasonable but due to being short staffed a with only three tellers the personal bankers were stressed to meet the goals due to constantly having to go back and forth on the teller line.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Upper management clueless on how changes would effect branches.
Worst job I ever had
Assistant Vice President and Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 14, 2018
AmSouth was sued and lost for deceptive business practices, but they didn't care. They were consumed with sales at all costs - whether the customer knew and/or agreed to a product or not. They say Regions is a different bank than AmSouth was, but...
Its a fun workplace
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2018
Its a fun work place very fasted paced have to be a peoples person . It is hard work with power washing and cleaning but its acceptable i only work rooftop though
Offer free lunches from time to time.
Financial Relationship Associate (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 13, 2018
They offer training classes to assist with your job and once a week send out information to keep you up dated with new ideas and training. Offer learning tools to help with your job.
Pros
Free day off
Cons
health insurance and 401K
Great Bank that needs to focus on hiring good employees
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 13, 2018
Regions was a good bank and they were good to me. But I felt if they focused more on who they hired the morale would be 100 times better throughout the entire bank. The morale was just not there and motivation was lacking to put it nicely. It being a bank that's been in the area for years there were many employees in the same position for over 40 and 50 years which shows complacency. You're comfortable at stats quo or average when the above mentioned is the case. If this was improved, it would have been a great place to work. I came in as Asst BM and acted as BM for 3 months right off the bat which I did not know was going to happen. The employees that had been with Regions for 10, 20+ years had a difficult time with people above them. Instead of taking constructive criticism and individual coaching sessions as a learning tool some felt they were being picked on. Or they felt entitled which led to a negative vibe throughout the entire bank.
Pros
Paid decent; Great upper Mgmt
Cons
New reports required every week and same numbers still expected to be hit
Union Planters Bank was acquired by Regions
Financial Service Representative - Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2018
Regions acquired Union Planters bank in 2004 and Regions at that time was ok, it was large and the merger did not go very smoothly but overall it was a ok place to work. In 2006 AM South purchased Regions because AM South had a bad reputation and wanted a clean start. Once they took over things were worse yet because a lot of deposits went missing accounts did not come over correctly if at all. My regional manager left and asked me to follow her so I did.
Pros
Downtown location
Cons
Bad culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regions Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss