Regions Bank Employee Reviews

Found 2,057 reviews matching the search See all 2,060 reviews
Stressful and lack of pay
Financial Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 20, 2018
Bank is changing all job roles in which you are not compensated for. The new job roles include unrealistic scheduling and goals for day to day duties. Bank is also placing anyone even unqualified individuals in management roles.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Hard to get things done, unfair environment
MLO (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37211October 19, 2018
It was extremely difficult to close a loan on time, which affects income. Making a living depends on closing loans on time, with all departments working together
Pros
lunch hour
Cons
stressful environment
Work place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 18, 2018
Where I worked was a relaxed and helpful experience. My manager would work me through any issue I had and would help me reach goals needed. The returning customer's are the ones you would build a great relationship with and that was satisfing as you knew your customers believed in you.
Pros
People I worked with
Cons
Technology
environmental friendly
Wire Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 16, 2018
Everyone always came to work did their jobs always willing to
help others always laughter, very business and fast pace
department. cultural experiences from different people from
all walks of life has shown me the true meaning of being
grateful for what I have and accomplished.
Pros
hav
Cons
maternity leave and leave of absent didn't pay very good.
Great culture, emplyees and clients needs first.
Financial Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 16, 2018
Opening and Closing Procedures
Morning huddles, planning for the day ahead when it comes to daily goals and client priorities.
Lunches then Pm huddles to talk about production and other task on hand.
always busy days very competitive.
Not Paid Enough/High Turn Over
Teller (Former Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 15, 2018
The work for a Teller is ridiculous for what they want to pay you. The turn over rate was terrible. Someone quit every 6 months or so. By the time I left 2 years later there was not 1 employee there that I started with. We never had enough help, or consistent help. Yet I was still having to cover other branches. No lunch breaks most days. Never will I work at Regions again or recommend anyone to work there. Terrible managment. Terrible pushy sales goals. I was great at sales but they pushed you to say this stuff that made you sound like a robot. I’m a people person but they made me feel like I as a person was not good enough and it was really upsetting. No matter how hard you tried or how hard you worked or if you met sales goals, they made you hate going to work.
Pros
Set Hours, Benefits
Cons
Work Saturdays, Management, High Turn Over, Barely Ever Get Lunch Breaks
Great progressive place to work
Financial Relationship Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 14, 2018
Always making room for improvement and pushing employees to excel. Bonuses are available and incentive eligible. Friendly work environment with opportunity to advance.
Company that cares!
Financial Service Specialist (Teller) (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 14, 2018
I LOVED working for Regions- I had to quit because I moved. Its a great work environment with a team that looks out for each other. There were a lot of branches in the city so it was easy to move around if you wanted to change branches. My coworkers were like family to me. Regions has lots of events that brings all of the branches together. The work is easy, hours are awesome (weekends and holidays OFF) the pay could have been better and they DO NOT allow overtime. There is always someone there to help.
Pros
great friendly work environment, bonuses
Providing Good Customer Service
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAOctober 11, 2018
Working at Regions was just another typical day. It was fun in the beginning when I started because I was able to bring my skills from bankruptcy, collections by helping people to get their credit back on track so that when they wanted to buy a home or perhaps just get a loan they would not be turned down. Made customer feel special and on first name basis's... the goals, values and mission there kind of took a different turn on what they meant and therefore I had to reevaluate my goals and career and felt that it was time to consider a career change. The hardest part was understaffed and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people from all walks of like and being able to help them.
Regions
Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNOctober 10, 2018
A very good place for a 2nd employer. The work day is no more than 8 hours a day. Typically, a job as a proof operator is mostly numerical. Your keystrokes to be considered is 10,000.+
I no longer work for this company.
Tax Withholding/IRA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 9, 2018
I no longer work for this company. I worked there for 18 years. I worked in a lot of departments and learned a lot about banking. I wish to go back to banking.
Just a job
AML (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 8, 2018
If you looking for a job and nothing more than Regions is a good place for you. They suffer from a lack of ingenuity and acceptance of new ideas. Manager was never able to articulate job expectations nor willing to provide a work environment which promoted good employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of advancements, unable to accept new ideas and outside inputs.
Enjoyed my job but not the sales goals
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 5, 2018
Though I enjoyed the position of financial services specialist, I felt there was an overwhelming amount of pressure to meet unrealistic sales goals.

They constantly threatened me with termination and I wasn't able to be creative when it came to acquiring new business.
Great place to work.
Investment Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 5, 2018
Great place to work. No cons I can think of. Associates are friendly and helpful for new hires. Management is great. Lots of collaboration with other lines of business.
Pros
Lots of opportunity
Cons
The sad place that was Regions
TELLER-REGIONS (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 5, 2018
The day started with me reluctantly waking up to go. I got there by 730 to open up the store. I blanked out until the end of the day. I didnt really like working here because they have some pretty messed up people that they hire.
hated going to work everyday
Teller (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNOctober 2, 2018
horrible management within company, mean, rude, didn't care about their employees. My manager asked me one time why I didn't have someone else that could watch my kid when my babysitter was sick..
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNOctober 1, 2018
Regions has a great work environment and I would recommend it to anyone. It also has great work culture and fast paced as far as the inbound calls are concerned.
Great place to work with exceptional benefits
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANGER (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, AROctober 1, 2018
Regions is a great place to work! The work hours, time off, exceptional benefit package gave it an A+ rating for me. In 35 years, I was afforded the opportunity to experience the many phases of the financial industry, having began as a teller, float teller, vault supervisor, head teller and advanced to Branch Manager and nearing retirement, I chose to move to assistant branch manager. My most enjoyable part of the job was helping people. I can truthfully say, there was not a day that I hated to go to work.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
N/a
very aggressive sales environment
Electronic Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNSeptember 30, 2018
very aggressive sales environment , if you dont make your numbers you will be fired . Doesn't matter if you resolved the customer issue and your really good at customer service , they only care about how many new accounts you can get open
Financial Relationship Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 29, 2018
Regions offers great training and support. The branch environment is often fast paced, but the best branches know how to keep it fun. I learned a lot about banking laws and regulations. The hardest and most enjoyable parts of the job are being in a customer facing position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regions Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

57out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Regions Bank.

Powered by Comparably