Regions Bank Employee Reviews

Fast paced, sales driven
Financial Relationship Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALMarch 20, 2019
Great training program
Fast paced
Sales and sales activity are HIGHLY driven
Good incentive program
Cold calls required
Customer focused
Some branches lack proper education and organization
review
Branch Team Leader (Assistant Manager) (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSMarch 20, 2019
it was great working at regions until they became really corporate and got away from customer service. But it was a good place to work. Very supportive staff
Pros
great training
Cons
getting away from customer service
Managers come in brand new to the company yet they are expected to jump in and know everything on Day 1
Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 20, 2019
Less micro-managers (Regional Managers) and more teachers! Ensure your higher ups do not come into the branches so on edge every day that their presence alone instantly disrupts the entire Branch team. I accepted my job in the Albany Office as Branch Manager because it is what I have always loved to do. Banking was my passion, allowed me to pursue and achieve my dreams for the past 35 years. It was at the Regeny Branch and approximately 8 miles from my home. Serving people and helping them achieve their own financial success was reward enough for me. Walking away was hard to but at that moment I didn't see any other way out.
Pros
My Team. Very accepting of me and and willing to embrace change with me
Cons
Regional Manager, just didn't want to or just didn't want to take the time to invest in his new Branch Managerso
Great Part-time Position
Consumer Collections Advocate (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALMarch 19, 2019
Great place for part-time work while in college. At the time the pay was good. It was very fast paced. The consumer collections department worked off of a dialor system.
Awesome place to work
Teller Operations (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 19, 2019
I enjoyed working at Regions Bank. It was a joy to go from working in Jewelry Retail to Banking. It was great to have set working hours, PTO, and benefits!! My Direct Supervisor and Branch Manager were awesome leaders and offered any guidance and teaching needed.
Pros
Its a stable job.
Cons
I eventually got bored with being a teller.
Terrible place to work
RELATIONSHIP BANKING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2019
Answering phone and pressuring customer's in a up sale of bank product. After receiving a call, you must scan the customer's account while they're talking to see what other products you could possible cross sell before the call ended.
It is like being back in highschool. Management picked favorites and screwed everyone else
Teller III (Former Employee) –  North Fort Myers, FLMarch 15, 2019
Dont work for them they have favortism and treat everyone else badly. There ate cliques and nanagement at several of the sw florida branches would degrade you in front of customers. I cried every night and every morning going there. Im so glad i left.
Great Place to Work!
Financial Relationship Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 15, 2019
I currently work here, and it's been my favorite job. My current job responsibilities include assisting customers with new accounts and account maintenance, teleconnecting to find potential business and products, working on cash line part of time if needed. I've worked in two different branches. The first was a small town community feel. The branch was very relaxed and the manager was very lenient. She didn't stress about things as long as we were getting our job done. I was such a wonderful work environment. Then I moved to a bigger city. The team is still nice and easy to get along with. Even though it's the same job, it's more of a corporate feel. The goals and activities are pushed more here and stressed when not met. At the last location, we were not open on Saturdays anywhere, which was nice. Here, we are open The day to day activities, however, are pretty easy to follow. If you just do what is asked of you, the job is simple.
Pros
Great hours, Relaxed work environment
Cons
Teleconnecting calls
Stressful
Temporary Contractor - Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALMarch 14, 2019
The job was very stressful. If you ran into an issue, it would take very long to find someone who could help. When you finally found someone they would answer the question, but wouldn't explain it well and leave as soon as one answer wsa give. We would also receive calls regarding other services that we were not trained for and were expected to answer the client's questions as soon as possible, but as mentioned, we weren't able to find someone who could help or return calls to queue.The whole environment was very stressful. Many people quit because of the management and stress level.
Pros
Average 9-5 and weekedns off
Cons
Very, very stressful
Great Place to Work
Financial Relationship Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 14, 2019
Company always expanding, New Technology. Staying on top of trends and fully supports its employees learning more getting certified and trained. Great Company to work for!
Push of products and all about sales goals
Financial Relationship Specialist/Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMarch 13, 2019
All about bugging customers with teleconnecting calls trying to get them to apply for credit cards, loans, mortgage referrals, checking accounts, savings accounts, etc. They want you to talk to customers about products while working on their transactions and when mistakes are made they don't realize that you're trying to fulfill all these mandatory things they want you to do all at once. They don't pay extra for Vault Tellers. I had to be the Vault Teller and operate a cashbox at the same time. They expected me to make 5 teleconnecting calls Per day, order money for the bank, handle customer transactions, open checking and savings accounts on the desk side, work lobby and drive thru. I would be the only teller on the cash line and that would leave me with bad customer reviews on Gallup surveys because I literally ran back and forth helping customers in the drive thru and lobby. I would not recommend working here unless you like pushing sales. I like to be personable with customers and build true relationships this bank wants you to pretend like you're interested in customers lives and prey on them until they agree to apply for a loan, credit card, etc. I never received pay for traveling to my training either. This bank was my first bank job and I know not all banks are ran like this but I won't be working at another one.
Pros
Vacation paid time off, 401K
Cons
High Stress of meeting unrealistic goals, management is not concerned about goals you have achieved they quickly focus on a new goal for you, lack of praise for accomplishments that they push
fun place to work.
Lead Teller Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2019
I learned lots of things from this bank while I was working there, they do have nice programm for all banking people. It was nice place to work there,
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard to get pramotions
Contractor
PERL PROGRAMMER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 11, 2019
The 6 months that I worked t Regions, I was very happy. I enjoyed my job and the group that I worked with were very pleasant. My manager was excellent.

I really was disappointed when my contract wasn't extended.
Pros
enjoiyable work atmsosphere and great environment
Cons
my contract didn't get extended.
Review
Financial Relationship Consultant (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALMarch 11, 2019
Regions is a great company to work for. I have been employed here for several years. I have also worked for various branches. I have learned a lot about the banking industry while employed at Regions.
produce and fun place to work
Financial Relationship Associate (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMarch 10, 2019
I was a part time teller. Did not have benefits.
Typical day , assist customer with their financial needs.
Every day is different always something new. New regulations and policies, etc
I did work with a good group. People with great experiences and fun to work with.
Really there is not hardest part on this job.
I enjoy to have contact with people and I felt very happy and satisfied when I could guide and helped a costumers in their financial needs.
Pros
learn something every day
Cons
there was never a chance to advance
Productive work place
Paralender (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 9, 2019
Everyone worked as a team. It is was our goal to offer excellent customer service in a timely manner and to follow up with the client to make sure that the situation had been resolved to their satisfaction.
teller
Financial Relationship Associate (Teller) (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 8, 2019
easy relaxed job that requires some math skills to make transactions with customers a lot smoother. easy hours and great pay with benefits as well. high recommend
Great Company w/ Dark ages marketing
Mortgage Loan Officer Regions Mortgage (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2019
Very good place to work. If you're in sales, you can't market on social media at all (they claim that it's a small disadvantage but it's not). They do very little if any advertising or marketing outside of Birmingham, AL.
Pros
Great culture and caring managment
Cons
Dark ages marketing and social media policies
Bonus
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2019
Being consistent with products and guideline across the board,everyone will to ross opportunistically was there, just needed management to take the time to train
n/a
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2019
great place to work,
peers are really nice people always able to help
management was okay it could be better
they were flexible in schedule
benefits are good enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regions Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Regions Bank.

Powered by Comparably