Regions Bank Employee Reviews

Found 2,112 reviews matching the search See all 2,115 reviews
Unrealistic Goals and Out of Touch Upper Management
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  ArkansasDecember 14, 2018
Half of the branches in the company are short-staffed, and the fully staffed branches are forced to cover the shorthanded ones, which leaves everybody shorthanded and overworked, yet upper management does not understand why tellers are not making more telemarketing calls. Whoever is coming up with these asinine decisions must live in a fairytale land. Regions Bank officially went full-blown stupid in 2018.
Pros
Learned About General Banking
Cons
Cut-Throat Environment and Disconnected Upper Management
Great Place to Grow
Banker 2 (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 13, 2018
Great training, and atmosphere, expectations are out of control in the Indiana market. However this will be a great place to start a new career and grown professionally.
Pros
training, experience
Cons
expectations
Good Place to Work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  FLORIDADecember 12, 2018
Enjoyed my time working at Regions Bank. Extensive training given. Would go to work there if there were any open positions. Management seems to be out of the loop when setting sales goals.
Pros
team work
Cons
salary & high sales goals
Area Management created downfall
Branch Service Leader III (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2018
Was asked to do way more than my pay grade and never appreciated once tasks were completed over my last year of employment. Prior to new management in the district I LOVED my position and what I did.
Pros
WAS a great place to work
Cons
District Corporate management in area caused job not to be enjoyable.
Community Banking Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 11, 2018
Good place to work, but I worked in the downturn of the economy so lending was very tight. Worked hard to service existing customers and the synergy with Birmingham was good.
Regions Bank
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 11, 2018
It is a great company. They have an amazing employee retention policy. I mean, associates have been working for even 25 to 30 years with the organization.
Hr (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 10, 2018
Regions really does treat its associates very well. The culture is unlike anything that I have been exposed to. Every year there is a week called Evergreen Week where the focus is thanking the employees. Great environment.
na.
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GADecember 3, 2018
Regions is a great place to work. I recommend Regions bank. The only issue is I am trying to relocate closer to my house and they don't have any openings
Teller
Teller 3 (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALDecember 3, 2018
Working for Regions was a cool job. Meeting new people everyday. Regions treats the employees really well. The hours are good the off days and good. The only con is that in Atlanta Regions banks are very far apart.
Cons
Long drive times
I Enjoyed my time
Relationship Banker (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 2, 2018
I was working in the call center I have a lot of fun. at the beginning was overwhelming but you have a lot of Supervisor and coach helping you all the way. Unfortunately for me the call center was to far from i relocated so i wasn't able to work for them no more.
Pros
Friendly, a lot of benefit, overtime available
life involving
Assistant Branch Manager supervised 9 (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FL 32780December 1, 2018
this bank was great until the goals became more about money than the customer. It is a customer driven business and we should care more for their needs than selling items
Slow paced environment and needs to become more innovative with technology
Branch Manager, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 30, 2018
The environment is very relaxed and a lot of employees take advantage of the sick time that is allotted to every employee. There is not much corrective action that takes place because everything goes through HR and employees take advantage of that.
Pros
Sick Time
Cons
Management is not empowered
Displaced Worker
Processing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 29, 2018
This was one of the best jobs I worked. The supervisor was great to work with, trained you well. Good working condition all around. Departments were relocated to another city.
Kb
Branch Service Leader\Branch Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dunedin, FLNovember 28, 2018
I was a Branch Service Leader with Regions for 4 years. The job was eliminated this year and I am now a Financial Consultant. I have found aspects of the job that I like, but feel that all the time spent on coaching BSL to be leaders in the company has fallen flat and are expertise is no longer needed.
benefits
Cons
hard to make friends
New Open Office floorplan
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 28, 2018
The new open office floor-plan is a real detriment to personal productivity. It does increase collaboration, but people who need quiet for their jobs are out of luck if you are working at the downtown headquarters.
Busy offices
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 27, 2018
I worked directly with the sales team in the mortgage department. I enjoyed the work but it was difficult. Management was not good and had trouble hanging on to staff
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
High turnover
Great Working Environment
Va (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 27, 2018
Strong core values that resonate throughout the company.
Do what is right. Put people first. Focus on the customer. Reach Higher. Enjoy Life.
Good starter position but not long term.
Financial Relationship Consultant (Former Employee) –  ArkansasNovember 26, 2018
Regions has the worst turn over rate. They don’t care about their employee’s and their raises are laughable at 5-25¢ annually. Also, be prepared for a high stress environment with little to no reward or recognition. They continually put more work on you with little time to make your actual goals. They’re constantly pulling consultants behind the teller line because they can’t keep any employees, and still expect you to meet all goals regardless.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Constant changes that no one can keep up with
good work enviroment
Teller Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gardendale, ALNovember 23, 2018
nice place to work. I felt for the length of time I was employed there I was terminated unnecessarily, and Regions could have tried to place me in another department if they felt a teller position wasn't right for me longer.
Pros
good friendly enviroment, good benefits
Good workplace
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 21, 2018
I started at Regions in 2015, and I loved it! My coworkers at each location I worked at over the span of 2-3 years, were amazing! I had an awesome work, life, and school balance while in college. Towards the end of my time there, there were changes being made that might have had a negative impact on the perspective/future of Regions, but I loved every moment of my time there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regions Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Regions Bank.

Powered by Comparably