Regions Financial

Regions Financial Employee Reviews

United States3,191 reviews

Found 3,191 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,198 reviews
bankcustombranchsaletellerbenefitgoaltrain

Inclusive, accepting with opportunities to grow

Featured review

Regions Financial selected this as a representative review
Diversity, equity and inclusion are not just words on the website. Regions is constantly looking for ways to celebrate differences and to ensure all associates and customers feel welcome.

Pros

Opportunities to advance, customer focused culture, great benefits

Cons

No pension

A lot of pressure to sell more services

High turnover, people who kept their jobs had to suffer through the shortage of trying to keep up with the customers coming in as well as trying to keep up with sells goals and the pay was beyond miserable.

Pros

set hours so you could enjoy your life.

Cons

no overtime, working off the clock to clear building

Regions Financial insights

Based on 1,109 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Money hungry

Regions financial will utilize your work as long as you benefit them. Excel in your numbers they will allow you to slide on several things have a bad month they will fire you.

Not sure

It was ok working for regions bank, management was very helpful in the training process, the goals were not to extensive and attainable. You were able to have an hour lunch break

Core values

The company makes sure their core values stand out and that it is incorporated with ever aspect of the business. Great work environment and job culture.

Great place to be

Company has fantastic values, truly cares about their employees. Ample opportunity for promotion/growth if you are willing to put in the work. Great benefits and pay that increase with tenure. This role specifically requires you to be able to coach and work with many different personalities in a remote setting. It requires a lot of innovation and interaction to keep your team engaged. There is always work to be done. The only issue I’ve truly encountered so far is scheduling. You are ineligible for anything other than a 10a-7p shift until you hit seniority, or unless you are promoted internally and you’re guaranteed your shift caries over. It can sometimes take a year or more before seniority is met. Scheduling is done in central time, but many workers live in Eastern, so you add another hour on top.I love this company, my management, my team and my role.

Company truly cares about employees. Takes the time to interact and get to know you.

My experience with management has been a good one. They all always willing to help where they can. Turnover seems high. Not sure why. In all turnover is high, but managers work with you to help balance work/home life.

Great Co Workers and Awesome pay

Love the company. Had an account way before working there and love them even more now. Plenty of room to advance quickly. Company wants you to be very universal.

Pros

Plenty of Vacation and Sick time available

Cons

Not enough help available to customers and over worked employees taking on too many roles at once.

Depends on local leadership

Depends on your local leadership as to satisfaction. Staffing is very lean and not replacing people that leave, difficult to service customers and meet all goals sometimes.

Good Work/Life Balance but Horrible Management

The company as a whole has good benefits and allows for a healthy work life balance. However, they will retain negligent/horrible employees if they feel it’s not directly their problem or doesn’t cause enough a disturbance in their specific role. Those same employees who know just how much to act up and cause chaos will destroy the entire branch environment and everyone around them leaves but that same employee is a constant. Constant short staffing, no guaranteed breaks. Had to leave for my own mental health. Pay is not equitable across the board, had many coworker’s in my same role making 15-30k more especially if coming from outside banks yet producing 1/3rd what I would generate.

Pros

Week of employee appreciation, good hours

Cons

No guaranteed breaks, low pay, negligent retention

Great coworkers. Bad management.

The environment was very hostile. Management only cared about sales goals and they would micromanage you at all times. They never seemed to want to promote from within the company but would rather hire someone off the street with little to no experience at all. Pay was okay but bonuses were TRASH. There is favoritism amongst the managers and some coworkers. There is also a lot of going behind your back trying to get you in trouble for nothing going on. VERY SHORT STAFFED. Very stressful environment. Would not recommend.

Pros

Work hours

Cons

Short staffed Micromanaged Poor bonuses

Great Company, co workers were rude, childish and hard to be around.

Regions is a great company, with great pay, benefits and top notch training. My impression of the company was trumped by my intolerable, rude, childish co workers.However, I had never experienced this in 10 years of banking until working at this particular branch.Thought I was in a twilight zone everyday, it was unbelievable.

Pros

Benefits and Pay

Cons

Unequal attention/resources in urban branches.

Training is appalling

I have been here for almost a year, and still feel brand new. My manager tells me to Google answers as opposed to telling me the answer or where to find it. Management also wanted to promote me to Team Lead until I started having health problems and using my sick time. Earlier this week, I was told I could be fired if he wanted to because I had emergency doctor appointments to go to. No compassion, no understanding, and very little help from HR. Honestly, a different location may have been better, but definitely avoid the Town N Country Florida branch at all costs.

More Laid back

At first it felt like a nice “small neighborhood “ bank which I had liked because you were treated as a human but then after some years it became more corporate.

Cons

Health care.. always a bill at the doctor

great benefits and pay but lacking good leadership

I enjoyed my job and the pay/benefits were great. However, I felt I had little to no guidance. I also had a hard time with the 8 to 5. I know it works great for most but having a small child in school left no time for homework and time together by the end of the day.

Great career with a handful of cons

Great place to work.. great work/life balance. The only real con is as with all banking jobs the upper management are heavily pushing micromanaging tick marks that do not help you succeed at your job. Again, it’s an annoyance but we’ll worth the benefits

Pros

Benefits, good pay, work/life balance

Cons

Ridiculous micromanaging from the top

Worst bank to work at!!!

Management is lost. The bank wants to be big and competitive but refuses to do anything to move that direction. The bonuses are ridiculous. Work hard, kill your goals and barely get compensation for it. They only cease about their tick marks and checking accounts. You can have a $1,000,000 in closed loans but that means nothing, they want checking accounts. Do yourself a favor and run far away and fast!!

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Benefits, bonus compensation, management

Nice people great place to work

Management always spoke to everyone with respect. Only issue I ever had was with equipment a lot of technical issues but easily fixed. Overall great place to work.

Benefits

Cons

Turning into retail, lots more Saturdays now than when I started.

Great place to work if you are a coming from restaurant or retail jobs, you will need that kind of customer engagement to be successful. I found it to be a lot more fun when I started (10 years ago).

Good job

It’s a good job. Doesn’t seem to like to promote from within, instead hired a off the street and the employees who were passed over have to train them.

Pros

Banking hours/ holidays off

Cons

Short staffed

Toxic place to work

Toxic from the top down . Branch management would rather play high-school mind games than actually be supporting employees. Extremely clicky . No recognition except bad ones. Only work here if you want a bad marriage and horrible health. Also hr is constantly monitoring you trying to find an excuse to fire you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regions Financial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Regions Financial.
Powered byComparably