Regions Financial

Regions Financial Employee Reviews for Branch Manager

Branch Manager163 reviews

Found 163 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,198 reviews
bankcustombranchsaletellerbenefitgoaltrain

Inclusive, accepting with opportunities to grow

Featured review

Regions Financial selected this as a representative review
Diversity, equity and inclusion are not just words on the website. Regions is constantly looking for ways to celebrate differences and to ensure all associates and customers feel welcome.

Pros

Opportunities to advance, customer focused culture, great benefits

Cons

No pension

Little emphasis on helping the customer. More emphasis on selling products

Focus seemed to be on getting a bonus and not taking care of the customer , pay was okay, corporate policies clashed with common sense when talking care of customers! This usually lead to customer dissatisfaction

Pros

Pay is ok

Cons

Big corporate feel to everything, Bad policy can’t be discussed. Customer care is always on the back burner

Regions Financial insights

Based on 1,109 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Working in the branch is highly stressful with little compensation.

Little pay and high sales standards. Little bonuses for hitting those sales standard. Everyone in the consumer world of banking are looking for their next promotion, so the turnover is very high. If you don't like your team then you may not like this job at all.

Constant stress and micromanagement from upper management.

Horrible culture. They use tag lines to present themselves as customer first mentality but the reality is the worst sales culture environment I’ve ever experienced. Constant threats to lose your job, constant micromanaging of ever minute of every day. High stress. Not worth the higher pay.

Pros

Pay and only pay

Cons

Everything else. Bad culture and environment

Rewarding but stressful

Great training, lots of products and services to offer. Sales goals are not realistic in smaller markets High pressure and you can't always trust HR to have your back.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

High pressure sales tactics

Excellent company to work for with great benefits

Regions puts customers first while encouraging employees to find a work life balance. The most enjoyable part of my job was satisfied customers and happy co-workers. The hardest part of the job was any dis-satisfied customer and long Friday's.

Pros

great benefits, vacation time and sick days, great medical insurance

I LOVED my manager!

Banking is sales. So if you like sales then being a banker is for you. They have changed some of the metrics since I started which are less stressful than they used to be.

This company has changed DRASTICALLY over the past year or so.

This company has drastically changed and not for the better. It has turned into one of the more corporate type banks. You are just an employee ID and can be replaced as soon as possible.

Pros

Time off and Pay.

Cons

just about everything else besides the "pros" I listed.

Previously, a good culture with a cohesiveness throughout the company, but now, the vision is so unclear

Regions has los their way. Cut staffing in half, and increased our responsibilities. Our vision is very blurry at the moment, and I don't think the company realizes the heavy stress they are putting on their employees. People are literally becoming sick. It’s the stress. The stress to get all of your tick marks (green prints, appointments, calls upon calls) Definitely not the old Regions. They keep adding more "tick marks" and it doesn't give me the opportunity to really do what I do best (have needs based conversations with clients to uncover opportunities). Now greenprint does our job for us, and usually doesn't make the right recommendation. I have been under so much stress trying to complete all of my "tick marks". Even though I have been doing this for years, know how to have conversations, uncover needs, and provide solutions to my clients based on their needs, if I don’t have all of my tick marks, I am no longer a good banker. The right hand doesn’t talk to the left anymore. The morale is gone. Trying to get any kind of answers or help is impossible now days. They don’t care how understaffed we are, just get your tick marks. What happened to the old Regions? The one that cared. I just don't have enough man power or hours in the day to truly do all of the things that are required now. I think Regions forgot that sales aren't the only part of our business- but also servicing our clients. Sales is the main part of our job, but they don’t realize all the time spent servicing the existing clients (disputes, maintenance, changing owners, complaints from our customer service -

Pros

I love my clients and teammates

Cons

The stress that is on our shoulders, is a very heavy load.

Ok work environment

Ok work place. Made a lot of friends along the way. Wish i would have stayed. Enjoyed working with staff and customers. Unfortunately no increase in pay for the time frame I was there

Good if you need a job

I was a branch manager. It was OK. Corporate is cutting staff tremendously. Hard to receive support from upper management. Sales is forced down your throat. It's a M-F some Saturdays 8-5 job.

Pros

Got paid

Cons

Most everything

Always looking for reasons to replace people!

Watch your back with Regions Bank! You get promoted without training, but they are always looking to replace you for their next star pupil. Childish emails from corporate offices are allowed, but when you call professionalism into question, they will replace you! Terrible management culture!

Pros

Promotions available, account products

Cons

Management, Culture, low pay for all positions

Good work environment as long as you don't mind sales

I was a Branch Manager for Regions for a couple of years. Good environment. There was a more high pressure sales environment prior to the Wells Fargo stuff. If you like working directly with customers and using company provided automated systems to help sell them financial products, probably a good fit for you. When they closed my branch I received 2 months severance package (pretty good for only being there a couple of years) and they gave a $4k home equity loan that is an employee benefit.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

sales

Listen to your associates

The upper management is verbally abusive and use fear tactics to get results. In reporting these issues, I learned that the only people are heard are the ones that hold some high officer status. Turnover is high, especially in my this particular due to the treatment received.

Pros

Pay, bonuses

Cons

Everything else

Good Pay and Great Benefits although extremely stressful to meet timelines.

Workplace culture is good and most all associates are hardworking. Management does micromanage and deadlines come from all directions at once. There is no way anyone can do everything that is on the daily list without a tremendous amount of help from every associate. I love working and helping clients.

Pros

401k matching; great benefits; vacation, etc

Cons

Rare if any breaks; always short staffed and no help given.

Ethics

They didn’t care how you did it but you MUST open one account per day or your name was in a list. You had calling efforts that needed to be completed to manage that “one per day” quota. The systems were horrible.

Don’t waste your time

This bank has made a turn for the worst. Vision needs to be rethought. You’re a sales person who is not allowed to sell..... explain that one to me 🤨

Understaffed and sales pushy

Corporate grossly understaffed their branches and doesn’t care. It’s all about profit margin and minimizing payroll. They’ve also devolved into wanting their employees to be telemarketers. There’s literally outbound sales call requirements and scripts. Very inauthentic. Outside of that, the employees in my area were great people considering how underpaid they are. Enter at your own risk.

Pros

They try to keep it upbeat and happy as far as culture goes

Cons

Lunches at 330 in the afternoon. Understaffed and overworked

Limited Staffing and Inflated Expectations

Regions was a great place to work a few years back. Then they went through a initiative called “Simplify and Grow” which essentially cut the budget for overall staffing (both in the branch, back office support, and leadership). This has left the entire company stretched incredibly thin. Bankers spend half their time as tellers but have the same lofty activity goals and production expectations despite spending time split. They had a great mentor program along with extensive in-person training which has now fallen solely on the Branch Manager (who again, is stretched incredibly thin from the reduced staff) forcing the new associates to learn on the fly instead of having a structured build up period to learn. Customers constantly comment on the reduced staffing and harass associates about hiring more staff like we have more control. The Loan Processing Center and Underwriting Department is a joke who would rather find reasons to turn down a loan rather than make it work. Add that to the already strict loan guidelines and policies, and it makes it incredibly difficult and stressful to hit goals when you can’t close loans for obviously qualified customers

Pros

Time off benefits and having all federal holidays off is nice

Pay & benefits are good. No moral compass at this company.

Pay & benefits are good, but you will pay the price otherwise. If you value strength of character and personal integrity, keep looking elsewhere. Would not recommend.

Good work life balance, regions understands the importance

I worked at regions for 4 years and enjoyed it. The associates were friendly and always willing to help. Too many conference calls for management on a weekly basis.

Pros

fair salary and incentive programs

Cons

too many conference calls each week for management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regions Financial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight