Regions Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Review
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 11, 2018
Great place to work I have been working here for over 3 years and I love it. I think the pay is pretty competitive with other hospitals. I would recommend others to apply.
I loved working at Regions!
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 4, 2018
The Healthpartner's ideology resonated with me. It's the only hospital I ever worked for that truly made me feel as though I mattered. As nurses, we easily accumulated enough CEU's and didn't pay for any of them!
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Parking!
mnbbjnk
Surgery Scheduler/Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 1, 2018
Regions Hospital Is a great place and environment to work. people are great, staff Is awesome and caring and benefits are great. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of working at Regions would have to be the patients.
productive fast pace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 1, 2018
come into work and start setting up my station as well as make sure its stocked for the up coming meal. Help other co workers get organized to make sure the production line is going to run smooth.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
can get stressfull at times but totally manageable
very friendly atsmospher
Lab Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 19, 2018
good team work, everyone is very helpful and supportive. I will recommend to all my friends and family about how nice this hospital have treated patients with respect.
Great work environment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 18, 2018
Regards hospital is a great place to work. Wish they had more full time job opportunity available. Management is a great to work for very reasonable with hours. The most enjoyable part is conversing with the patience but it also can be the least enjoyable depending on what kind of mood the patient is in.
Fascinating, challenging and rewarding place to work!
Executive Assistant to the President/CEO (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 18, 2018
Regions is a Level 1 Trauma and Burn Center and daily life here is exciting, challenging, frightening and rewarding all at the same time. I learned so much working here with many experienced and dedicated professionals dedicated to patient care, It was a very rewarding experience and would return to it in an instant!
Pros
Seeing the constant changes and improvements to patients
Cons
Stressful, overwhelming but it comes with the territory
competitive and fast pace
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 13, 2018
good place to work. good pay and very fast paced, good place to get variety of clinical experience and different health care problems.never boring and very competitive
Fantastic place to work
Mental Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 10, 2018
Worked with wonderful and diverse group of professionals with a passion to help all patients, caring environment, and amazing teamwork to provide the best care.
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 9, 2018
Day-to-day challenges. Opportunities for continuing education and professional growth. Good work-life balance. Always a thriving environment. Supportive colleagues.

Want to know more about Regions Hospital?

Ask a question
Long story short
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 6, 2018
Regions Hospital is a great place to work at. The stress of keeping up with lunch or dinner rush was great and especially the competition between everybody for higher advancement.
Not great for part timers.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 2, 2018
I suspect that working at Regions is probably great, unless you're in a service area like food service or janitorial. I found the culture to be difficult and not supportive. They clearly go through a lot of employees every year, and increasingly rely on per diem "employees" to pick up the slack. Working one of those part time jobs is pretty thankless, and you have to pay for your uniform and parking.
Pros
Good wages, in general
Cons
Parking, Unresponsive Management, Coworkers
Getting Patients the Care They Needed in a timely & kind manner.
Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMarch 29, 2018
Greeted patients, had them fill out form for the visit. Entered information into their Account. Had them furnish Insurance Coverage and entered that information into their account. Had to determine who would be seen first in the Emergency Room.
Pros
Patients were relieved and happy when they left the ER.
Cons
Sick small children. There weren't enough hours.
You know you are working at a hospital
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 28, 2018
Regions is the #1 trauma center in the Twin Cities and you can tell. The hospital is very busy and people can come off stressed. However, working in the lab, it is definitely at a slower pace than the rest of the hospital but still just as stressed. If your coworkers aren't busy talking about how they are over worked, then they are busy talking about you. Supervisors are busy between the lab and hospital business that you might start to wonder where they have gone.
Fast paced medical environment with tons of learning opportunities.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 19, 2018
Regions was my first medical job and I loved it. I worked on an Orthopedic floor and the fast paced environment was just what I was looking for. Some days it could be a little more stressful than others but working as a team made it exciting. It offers a lot of opportunity for continued growth and development, was sad to say goodbye when I moved.
Patient focused care is priority
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 15, 2018
I loved working at Regions - the majority of the staff is patient focused and kind. Recent (past year) changes in management have been unfortunate. New management has created an unhealthy work environment and made it difficult to assist patients properly
Pros
wonderful staff
Cons
expensive union and parking
Work Enviornment
Instrument Reprocessing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 10, 2018
Worked for this employer providing care for residents consisting of monitoring/documenting vitals, preparing meds, providing routine grooming needs. Good place to work.
A day at Regions
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 29, 2018
I do long shifts at Regions. I do a variety of cases including open heart, neurosurgery, trauma, and orthopedic. We punch in at 0645 am, set up operating rooms, do daily checks, and start cases at 0730. I work a combination of 24 hour shifts and DE shifts. We respond to all floor calls, some difficult to manage airway cases in the emergency room.
Pros
Trauma and lots of experience
Cons
Clicky
Excellant place to work
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 29, 2018
Excellant team environment; great place to learn because of the varied patient base; departmnet well accepted by the medical staff; treated as a healthcare professional.
It was a great start into the medical field
Nursing Aide on the Burn Unit and Float pool (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 26, 2018
This was my first job into the medical field so every thing was new and fresh and I learned a lot being in the float pool. I did ER and Burn and medical floors and trauma and a also learned phlebotoby.