Regis Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 962 reviews matching the search See all 1,074 reviews
great place great staff
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 16, 2018
i loved working here, i was very welcomed from day one. things got a little hectic which was fine with me, but i feel as though i were let go for taking initiative to better myself.
Front Desk Receptionist
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLAugust 7, 2018
I would come in to the Salon Greet all the Stylist and Clients. Check if the coffee was fresh if it wasn't make a new batch or leave it be. Check the water that we serve to the clients. Check the shelves the shock that we sell product on make sure that they are clean and stocked and organized.
Check the schedule for the day and check clients in for their appointments.
Answer the phone and schedule Clients and or Cancel their appointments.
I also had to call up Clients up to 3 day ahead of time and confirm their appointments to see if they were still available, canceling ect.
Pros
free haircuts
too much work for just getting paid minimum wage
Supercuts (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 6, 2018
the fact that my cosmetology tuition was 21k and to have a job at supercuts that requires a cosmetology license meanwhile getting page MIMIMUM WAGE is robbery.
Pros
great for experience when you first gradulate
Cons
too much work and requirements cost waaaay too much for minimum wage
great and slow paced
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYAugust 5, 2018
out of all the places i worked at this one was the slowest by far but i had the opportunity to learn and focus on my haircuts. i got to meet some great friends and co workers who didn't hesitate to help me with duties and questions that i had.
This job is not fun place to work
Salon Leader & Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2018
Working for Regis Crop is not all that it’s cracked up to be overwork very underpaid! Super number driving.. so sad that this company what so much and give back nothing. No tuition reimbursement, No salary raise. I can go on and on.
Pros
It's some where to work and you do gain walk in
Cons
No Recognition no reimbursements tuition
N/a
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  1905 Rotunda Dr.July 30, 2018
A typical day at work consist on seeing multiple clients, handling money, performing opening and closing transactions, going to the bank, daily clean - ups
Pros
Free services for stylists working at the salon
Cons
N/a
Regis is the best salon company I have worked for.
Stylist Administer hairstyles (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2018
Regis was a great company to work for, they really cared about there employees. Regis also gave me a lot of learning opportunity’s. It was a great company to work for.It was nice salon I had good a good time over there co workers are very friendly and helpful our manager was very realistic person he is very nice he never did unfair between the staff
Lack of understanding in upper management
Senior district leader (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 26, 2018
I gave Regis 22+ years. At the end not a single person cared enough to reach out to me to see exactly why I was unhappy and leaving. In my opinion you would think after so many years of good service someone would care enough to really dig deep and find out why so many stylist, salon managers, district leaders have left the company. The company lost its focus years ago when they started putting non technical leadership in place. No technical do not under the struggle of salon life, they understand business. Regis preaches love your stylist love your customers. You can love all day long but if you can’t support or help your stylist because of upper management you will never keep staff.
Management needs to be reevaluated
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJuly 26, 2018
All roles as a a stylist working side by side need to be considered, along with hours need to be fair, and holidays need to be considered. The overall management team was horrible and needs some addressing for fairness, and holidays. Pay needs to be reconsidered tremendously considering their pricing is high.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management, hours, holidays
cut throat
COSMETOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  toledo ohioJuly 25, 2018
they expected you to work like a assembly line salon. It was very hard to make commission. I hated it after they bought out the salon company I was working for
Pros
nothing
Cons
cut throat
, Is fine if you have another income in the family. Hard to build a clientel
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALJuly 25, 2018
You are required to work every weekend. Your schedule is according to what your manager thinks. The team work was lacking. I love doing hair so that was the best part
Pros
Was able to do hair
Cons
Worked Every weekend
Productive, educational, fun environment.
Operations Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2018
Great job opportunities, tons of training classes and educational classes. Meet lots of new people, team building, new sales techniques, new hair styling classes.
Pros
Education
Cons
Travel expenses.
had fun untail last year
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  reno nv.July 20, 2018
I was a manager for seven years,won awards for top sales.Was asked to be a regional supervisor,said no because i enjoyed being a manager.I broke my arm and wrist and had to take some time off.When I came back it was all down hill from there.We had a new regional supervisor and everything changed.I started getting write ups in the mail saying sales were down.I checked with our other salons in the area and their sales were also slow and they were new salons!
Pros
enjoyed the people i worked with
Cons
bad communation with ceo
Senior District Leader (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAJuly 19, 2018
none, they don't live what they say their values are. They drop bombs on their employees last minute with no warning and do not give merit increases as promised.
Work Ethic
Full-Time Licensed Barber (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2018
Very poor professionalism shown by employees and management. Shortages of customers. Resulting in shortage of wages causing me strain to take care of my living expenses outside of work.
Productive yet relaxed work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 17, 2018
I learned many management skills including book-keeping, product ordering and organization. The workplace culture always has room to improve with hiring new upbeat stylists. The hardest part of the job was turning the store around from previous management. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to teach the stylists new and advanced techniques and team building meetings.
Pros
stress free environment
Cons
was poorly staffed when first hired
Slow paced productive
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 15, 2018
it was something new for me. It was laid back work at fast kinda pace but make sure you don’t skip nothing. The people was nice everybody got along but when we worked it was like we all was in are own zones. Wasn’t much talking while we were counting inventory.
Pay is decreasing and they want more and more
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  DelawareJuly 14, 2018
Nothing was ever good enough.i was an employee 13 yrs 11 mth single mother got layed off for a sale i always did never told i was in wrong. The pay went from 45 to 28 percent they just went for anything to get rid of us old employees 2 in 3 months we arnt stupid.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Poor management n district leaders
Hair
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJuly 13, 2018
I love doing this a side job but not as a career. I’ve challenged myself everyday to do better, and it’s a fun environment because you learn every day.
Pros
Getting your hair done for free
Cons
Breaks
Fun work place
Helping to load and unload (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 11, 2018
It was a very laid back I enjoyed it wish i could have gotten on permanent nut i Knnow Its going to get better I love Applying myself for bettet positioms
Pros
Short lunch
Cons
Mo medical

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regis Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight