RehabCare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun and productive working environment
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCJuly 14, 2018
This was a great company to work for. They were productivity driven, and had great benefits. They offer a 500.00 a year reimbursement for CEUS which is hard to find in today corporate America.
Pros
close to home, loved all my employees
Cons
No room for advancement
July 15, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your experience working on our team.

good place to work
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILJuly 13, 2018
when I worked there 13 years ago it was a good place to work. not sure how it is now. Co workers were good to get along with and it was not cut throat as in some places. Expected high out put with little slack in the day.
Pros
good co-workers.
Cons
pay not equal to demand
July 16, 2018

We are happy you shared your experience with us. Our clinicians are the heart of our company.

good place to work
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 12, 2018
Company had good insurance with medical and dental and vision covered well. Paid time off was good. Facility is good to work at with contract company there.
July 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

rehabcare promotes compliance and ethics
Market Program Director (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJuly 9, 2018
Rehabcare offered education for advancement. They promoted compliance and ethics. Rehabcare is in different lines of Business so, meetings would depend on each line of business needs.I have enjoyed working for Rehabcare however I would like to explore my options.
July 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our employees are the center of our mission – we couldn’t do it without you!

Good pay
Therapy Program Director (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJuly 7, 2018
Pay rate was good but expectations were very high, also most jobs are contracted to a facility where you're expected to maintain customer relationship with the facility all while maintaining your work productivity simultaneously.
July 8, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of RehabCare. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Enjoyed my time working with this company
Senior OTR/L (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, PAJuly 4, 2018
I always felt comfortable working at RehabCare. They appeared to be always ahead of all the new changes happening in healthcare.
I had good area and regional directors.
July 5, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Please consider sharing your experience with friends who are looking for a career in healthcare!

Great Company when I first started
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2018
When I first worked for Rehab Care I was quite happy had an excellent regional manager but when the company restructured to regions ended up working with a regional that was not as good as the first.
July 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive and we know it takes time out of your busy day to complete.

summary
COTA/L PRN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2018
It is a nice place to work with good people. I worked PRN so I worked in different facilities. I worked with different managers and had good relations with all of them. The hardest part of the job was keeping productivity up in some facilities that were spread out
July 5, 2018

We’re glad you have had a great experience working at Kindred! Every single member of our team contributes to the successes of our patients and their families.

Fair work environment
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJuly 2, 2018
Fast paced, Good support from immediate supervisor. Good team of colleagues. However, administration was not in-touch with day to day operations, often making the expectations of productive delivery of patient care unreasonable.
Pros
Fellow colleagues
Cons
Inefficient upper management
July 4, 2018

We’d love to learn more about your experience. We know your input is critical to any potential improvements we need to make. Please reach out to me at experience@kindred.com.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Was a decent place to work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJune 29, 2018
I really enjoyed working with LTC as well as STC patients.
Our manager would stick up for us. If you have a good manager, then everything runs more smoothly. I got a good amount of Paid Time Off. The therapists are very good and know their stuff.
July 1, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. The impact of sharing your concerns is crucial to the future experience of other employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Want to know more about RehabCare?

Ask a question
Rehab Care
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland Neck, NCJune 25, 2018
Work/life balance is considered, benefits & pay are not great but acceptable. Hardest part of the job is working Holidays or having to use PTO if you don't work. Best part is the work.life balance.
June 27, 2018

Thank you for sharing. To ensure your concerns are heard and to serve future employees better, it’s important for us to talk to you more about your experience. I am available at experience@kindred.com so we can talk in detail.

It was so so
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2018
The job I had with rehab care was at a new facility. The hours were not stable due to changing census numbers. Unfortunately the onsite director was not great and was fired. I left shortly after to have a more stable work environment.
June 22, 2018

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? I can be reached at experience@kindred.com.

Unrealistic expectations for Productivity
Physical Therapist Assistant PRN (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 13, 2018
Questionable billing practices by other therapy staff to attain ridiculous productivity rate of 90%.

In order to be at 90% productivity, consider the following...For a 60 minute treatment session, you have exactly 6 minutes to chart review a complex patient, talk to RN about meds, gather necessary equipment, locate and transport the patient, and document anything you were not able to type during the actual treatment session. If you are over 6 minutes, then you have to make it up elsewhere or risk being unproductive. We all know that there is plenty more that we do that falls under the unbillable category...I feel that I can't even speak to another resident in passing for fear that my numbers won't be up to par.

All about numbers, not quality of care! Really wish higher-ups and those that set these standards would accompany therapists to see what a typical day involves. Imagine that they or their loved one were receiving the treatment, would they like to watch you type on your Ipad while they're taking a "rest break"? It is a shame that the industry is money-driven and NOT person-centered!

I have the feeling my time is limited here; regardless of the above average and quality care I provide to residents, my numbers will never meet management's expectations.
Pros
PRN pay rate is fair; Pleasant staff
Cons
Unrealistic Productivity Standard, Attitude that Employees are easily replaced, Unsupportive Management
June 15, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience. It goes without saying, but our employees play a critical role in helping Kindred deliver quality care. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to discuss this further. Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication. If you prefer to remain anonymous and report your concerns, call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412.

Therapist
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 10, 2018
Very challenging reimbursement environment. Positive teams and opportunities to grow your skills. The productivity expectations are similar to other locations.
June 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate your sharing feedback with us.

So, so
Office Manager/Rehab Tech/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 6, 2018
The people you work with make it a good place to work. The company doesn't pay good and offer horrible health insurance. Hours are flexible. If the company offered more, would be an excellent place to work.
June 8, 2018

It's a decent company
Full time staff OTR/L (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 4, 2018
relaxed working environment, good therapists in the team, decent pay, documentation on iPad Mini which has pros and cons, management focuses on numbers but a lot of place are the same.
June 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please like us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram.

Wonderful co-workers
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savoy, ILMay 30, 2018
I enjoyed working with the therapists in my building immensely. When the hiring supervisor left the company and was replaced by a new supervisor the dynamic changed quite a bit. My co workers were amazing and are still great friends of mine to this day, but my supervisor used and abused my position and took advantage of my willingness to be helpful. When this was addressed with upper management she had a "talking to" and that was it, the behavior continued, so I left.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Poor management
June 1, 2018

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

usy, large department with a variety of skill levels.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEMay 29, 2018
Enjoyed working there. Staff in all departments were friendly and supportive of each other. Found that the majority of the Nursing team were well trained.
Pros
Busy fast paced setting
Cons
not everyone was willing to go the extra mile to help out the team
May 31, 2018

company first attitude.
Physical Therapist Assistant (prn) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 28, 2018
Management is a joke, no appreciation for good workers, everyone is replaceable for cheap new grads, company first attitude, wage freeze because they push un ethical billing.
Pros
co workers
Cons
low pay, holiday time off, poor management
May 31, 2018

We believe in maximizing the potential of our employees and the only way we can grow is to learn from our successes as well as our failures. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience and concerns from working with us. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you choose to remain anonymous.

full time work
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 26, 2018
I was working at rehab care until their contract was discontinued at the SNF I was working at. I continued to work at the same SNF under ENSIGN. I enjoyed my co-workers, the pay was good. The pace was busy with high productivity
Pros
good pay, good therapy staff
Cons
high productivity
May 28, 2018

We’re glad you have had a great experience working at RehabCare! Every single member of our team contributes to the successes of our patients and their families. Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare