RehabCare Employee Reviews

Pay rates were fair and benefits were good.
COTA / Director of Rehab (Former Employee) –  Bandera, TXMarch 18, 2019
Company was fair with compensation and offered good benefits and education for career advancement. Our group worked well as a Team to help patient rehabilitate and return home safely.
Pros
Great team collaboration
Cons
Staffing was chalanging at times
March 22, 2019

We’re glad you had a great experience working with us. We appreciate you sharing your feedback.

great job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 16, 2019
I got to work at my house. It is a nice company. My employers were really nice. There is a great work environment set in place. They pay well and offer great benefits.
March 18, 2019

Rehabcare is a very fast paced environment
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 14, 2019
Caseloads were very high and little time was provided for documentation which meant all therapist would stay late; off the clock completing documentation
March 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate your feedback.

5-10 years
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 13, 2019
The opportunity to work with RehabCare is what you make out of it. I would encourage anyone (OT/PT), to focus on building an evidence based practice and nurturing your assistants to follow your lead.
March 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored by your service.

Unrealistic expectations
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 12, 2019
Poor management with unrealistic expectations of systems that are humanly impossible to achieve, managers are unfair, pay is below average and benefits are poor
March 13, 2019

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients. Would you be willing to reach out with more details? If so, we can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 to report your concerns. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

unreasonable productivity
PT (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 12, 2019
Upper management is so far removed from the clinic. The demands they put on management/and the therapists is a joke. Productivity trumps patient care. No opportunity for professional development. They've also lost sight of the value of having a OT/PT to mentor PTA's/OTA's and would rather have more COTA's and PTA's than PT's/OT's. Expect to be an evaluation machine which is unfortunate as an OT or PT because you won't be able to provide your doctorate or master's level training to facilitate positive patient outcomes.
Pros
dental plan is good
Cons
productivity demands, no work life balance
March 13, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. We can be reached at experience@kindred.com or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

Stressful
Occupational Therapist/Assistant Program Director (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 7, 2019
The emphasis on productivity takes away from the true meaning of therapy and patient care. Due to high demands relationships with co-workers are poor leading to decreased happiness in the work place. Poor leadership has lead to higher demands.
March 8, 2019

Good company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 2, 2019
Great benefits at the time. I didn’t like the point of service that they required , it’s not always the easiest to do in a SNF setting. Good company to work for over all though.
March 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

very supportive boss
Director of Rehab (Current Employee) –  cleveland ohioFebruary 25, 2019
i have been with rehabcare for almost 7 years. I have a great team iI supervise. my direct supervisor is extremely supportive & ethical. i do think education & training could be better.
February 27, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Every member of our team contributes to the successes of our patients and their families.

Great work team
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF REHABILITATION (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 20, 2019
regional management not clued into staff at local level
company needs over employee needs
local management team great work team
local management empowered team via creativity and choice
Pros
weekly meetings
Cons
disconnect from regional to local level
February 21, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate you sharing your feedback.

Fun place to work
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Senath, MOFebruary 19, 2019
Co workers were supportive, easy going, performed duties as required for skilled nursing facility, hospital and school settings, Position as COTA/L performed duties as assigned by OTR.
February 21, 2019

Great therapy team.
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derby, KSFebruary 14, 2019
Great therapy team and nursing staff. Variety of diagnoses to treat. Long term care and in patient rehab facility. Knowkedgable staff members, who provide good patient care.
Pros
Great therapy team.
Cons
No growth potential.
February 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. Every member of our team contributes to the successes of our patients and their families.

Beautiful building and great patients
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 7, 2019
typical day at work: fast paced, fun patients

management at the time was the poorest I've ever worked for. Our manager would have "fits" in the office where he would slam his hands on the table and yell and breathe heavy like he was losing it. Management would bully people to come to work when the roads were icy and even "attempted" to drive through the ice to pick me up because I refused to drive 20 miles through ice to come to work. Nevertheless, he could not make it to my home because of the ice. He turned around and went back and I stayed home. Tried telling upper management. They did not respond. So, I eventually quit because of poor management.
Pros
beautiful building great patients
Cons
crazy director/boss
February 8, 2019

So sad to leave:( Wonderful, ethical company
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 6, 2019
One of my favorite positions throughout my entire career. The culture is ethical and people focused - both clients and employees. I felt appreciated on a consistent basis. I also felt respected and trusted to do my job with little direct supervision and no micro managing! Management was always wonderful...kind, understanding, helpful, and diligent. Very sad to leave due to unforeseen circumstances. I will always hold a fondness for my time at RehabCare and the people I worked with, coworkers and managers. I am so grateful for them all. I would definitely work for RehabCare again. No company is perfect and as clinicians, we will always feel the pull of the business aspect, although this company and management do the best they can every day to make work an enjoyable and rewarding experience. I enjoyed the flexibility of my job and the freedom and trust from management in my role.
Pros
Flexibility, Ethical, Appreciated, Management
Cons
Very little to say here, maybe productivity, although this is with all companies, and their standards were not unreasonable, during most normal circumstances
February 8, 2019

Very Biased
PTA (Former Employee) –  Cc youngFebruary 2, 2019
Patients and co-worker were very biased. You were miss treated if you were not a certain race. Color was a big factor. I was called racial slurs often, openly by patients. I was often lied on and laughed at, despite how hard I worked.
Pros
Cons
Worst traetment
February 4, 2019

We embrace a diverse workforce and believe that our employees are critical to our success in upholding our mission of providing excellent care. Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? We can be reached at experience@kindred.com. Or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

Physical Therapy
Staff PTA (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 1, 2019
Rehab Care therapy teams are comprised of energetic and highly motivated clinicians who have a passion for geriatrics. They strive to bring joy as well as function to their pts.

Clean and efficient
COTA, Part Time (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 28, 2019
No nonsense approach but poor judgement by managers.
Cliques were present and made new hires uncomfortable.
CNA's were pleasant and agreeable
Therapy was worthwhile

Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAJanuary 17, 2019
I have worked with Rehab care for 10 years. It's been a good place to work, but have not received a raise in many years. I like the collaborative work environment
Pros
Team
Cons
Compensation
January 21, 2019

Nice Company
Program Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 29, 2018
Worked for rehabcare upon graduating. Nice place to work, very flexible work hours. Doesn't offer the highest salary in town. Overall it's a good company!
January 14, 2019

Good work culture, great team
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bensenville, ILDecember 17, 2018
Good work culture, great team.
Busy, fast paced
Lots of learning opportunities
Good benefits
Job security
Ethical principles
People focused
Health care benefits
December 19, 2018

We’re glad you have had a great experience with us. Our employees truly are at the center of our mission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RehabCare. Our community is ready to answer.