RehabCare Employee Reviews

Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAJanuary 17, 2019
I have worked with Rehab care for 10 years. It's been a good place to work, but have not received a raise in many years. I like the collaborative work environment
Pros
Team
Cons
Compensation
Nice Company
Program Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 29, 2018
Worked for rehabcare upon graduating. Nice place to work, very flexible work hours. Doesn't offer the highest salary in town. Overall it's a good company!
January 14, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate your feedback.

Good work culture, great team
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bensenville, ILDecember 17, 2018
Good work culture, great team.
Busy, fast paced
Lots of learning opportunities
Good benefits
Job security
Ethical principles
People focused
Health care benefits
December 19, 2018

We’re glad you have had a great experience with us. Our employees truly are at the center of our mission.

Very stressful
Clinical liaison (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 17, 2018
I was given very little training. Expected to learn on my own then reprimanded when something wasn’t up to their standards. They teach by making you feel like an idiot. Talk to you very poorly and unprofessional. Phone conferences to put the fear of God in you to increase census. Loved the job but management needs to take some management classes.
Pros
Interacting with patients
December 19, 2018

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? We can be reached at experience@kindred.com. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

My First Job
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 16, 2018
The rehab team was great to work with. However, being green and in a new city. I was taken advantage of and was low balled in my salary. Once I completed my CFY and looking for a well deserved pay raise, I was told that they were on a pay freeze. Given my dedication and lack of appreciation, buy the company, I had no choice but to look elsewhere. I found employment with a significant pay raise. It was then I realized how underpaid I really was. Beware and be aware of your worth!
Pros
Good experience
Cons
under paid
December 17, 2018

We’d love to learn more about your experience. We know your input is critical to any potential improvements we need to make. Please reach out at experience@kindred.com. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

Mostly enjoyable to work at location
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 6, 2018
Learned new things every day from other therapists. Had a fair minded manager. Work could be stressful at times. Hardest pert of job was getting residents. Enjoyed working with people in group and most often with staff at location.
Cons
Had no kitchen or bathroom to work with residents on ADLs
December 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

rehab care
Physical therapist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 4, 2018
Upper management doesn't value its employees but my local team was amazing and collaborative. My team members supportive, knowledgable and dedicated to the patients making for a good workplace environment.
December 6, 2018

We do not wish for any employee experience to be a negative one. We can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk to you about your experience. Or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 to report your concerns. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

A great company!
DIRECTOR OF REHAB, REHABCARE (Former Employee) –  MontanaNovember 28, 2018
I worked for this company for 29 years and worked my way up through the company. It gave me the opportunity to advance, with wonderful supervisors, and a high level of corporate integrity that I have found hard to find in other companies.
Pros
clear expectations, high integrity at the top levels
Cons
raises
December 7, 2018

PRN position
Contract Senior Level COTA (Current Employee) –  Lehighton, PANovember 25, 2018
My position as a PRN therapist is good when the unit is busy. Most staff is friendly and helpful and some not. Have to take everything with a grain of salt, get the job done and help the patients.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not consistent
Excellent supervisors
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs Village, AR, and Texarkana, ARNovember 20, 2018
It was really rewarding to be able to have a positive impact on someone's life. The clinical directors and regional supervisor were fantastic and provided great support to employees.
Pros
Good management, rewarding career
November 21, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your experience working on our team.

Manipulative
Therapist (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 12, 2018
Unreasonable expectations. Insincere colleagues and management . Lack of team support. Do not recommend in the central Texas area. Flexible schedule. 6 day work week.

They push productivity
Rehabilitation/ SNF- PRN (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLNovember 12, 2018
The company pushes productivity over patient needs. The manager was pressured to push visits and increased visit times, even when not always appropriate.

Very rough working environment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 24, 2018
Never enough for this company. Its always, What did you do for me today. Very cut throat People would be fired with no notice which kept the entire work force on edge. Could never trust anyone including management to deal with any problems that I might have. Most of my co-workers very unhappy and looking for new jobs at all times.

Good staff.
PTA (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHOctober 24, 2018
it was a very stressful environment, unrealistic productivity expectations. I never saw a raise in the two years of employment. When I was hired full-time I was not informed of a non-compete clause, in result I lost my job due to the negligence of the this company policy.
Pros
Freedom with hours.
Cons
no raises, lack of infomation.
November 13, 2018

RehabCare does not look out for it's employees
Program Director/COTA (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 23, 2018
RehabCare never gives raises. RehabCare bases a workday on increased productivity. RehabCare never acknowledges the hard work of an employee. Insurance programs are not good programs. Does not provide 401K contributions unless employee contributes.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No raises-ever
October 25, 2018

We value all feedback, good or bad, and strongly believe that our employees are the heart of our company. We can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk through your concerns. Or you may choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Overall Good
Program Director (Current Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 10, 2018
I have worked at several locations for RehabCare and have really enjoyed my time with the company overall. The 2 biggest influences in job satisfaction are the Area Director and the Customer both of which can be temperamental and unrealistic of how therapists/managers should spend their time. I am pleased with the flexibility for the staff therapist. However, salary employees are abused to improve productivity and work excessive hours weekly due to their status. One of the few companies who still use Techs which is a nice help.
Pros
Company Culture, Benefits, Compensation
Cons
Contract Instability, Productivity, Point of Service Doc
October 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive. Our employees are the center of our mission – we couldn’t do it without you.

Bad ethics
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 9, 2018
Tell you to follow rules in training, but when working....break them.
Worked for 4 years and didn’t get a raise, but corporate excuses. Typical day was conflicts over use of iPads while working but company rules require it.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay, no raises
October 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. You can contact us at experience@kindred.com or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835.

TERRIBLE management
PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 3, 2018
worked at two separate locations and both managers were terrible. billed too many minutes when not appropriate. management made fun of other employees. all they care about is the minutes and getting paid
October 4, 2018

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? I can be reached at experience@kindred.com. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

A fast-paced environment
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXOctober 3, 2018
You will have an opportunity to see a variety of patients daily. Fast-paced environment and teamwork atmosphere make it work life experience enjoyable.
Pros
Co workers teamwork
Cons
High volume of patient fluctuations
I was lucky
REHAB PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 28, 2018
I had a very knowledgeable, supportive, and ethical Area Director of Operations. This is not typical, from what I have learned from other company employees.
September 29, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RehabCare. Our community is ready to answer.