RehabCare Employee Reviews

Mixed, with pros and cons
PTA (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 22, 2018
I have worked at several facilities with Rehab Care/Kindred, over the decades, and it has been mixed, with pros, and cons. I learned a lot at my Acute Rehab position, with a team approach, and knowledgeable Doctors, Nurses, Therapists, and Management. I also liked being introduced to the I-Pad, later on, which for me, was helpful, and very convenient point of service, and with keeping up with expected productivity. Lately I have been turned off, because of several no replies, or follow ups, with my inquiries, with phone, text, or e-mails, regarding job postings.
Pros
Learned a lot, over the decades
Cons
See narrative
May 23, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. Would you be willing to talk with our team? The impact of sharing your concerns is crucial to the future experience of other employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous.

Poor upper administrative management
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2018
Rehab director who trained myself was a phenomenal person and hard worker. The administration above her was never present and high demanding. Higher administration did not appreciate the value of it's own employees.
May 23, 2018

We do not wish for any employee experience to be a negative one. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk to you about your experience. Or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns.

good team
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMay 20, 2018
Good team with good middle management. Patient care first. strict management of time with close monitored productivity. Good environment. flexible start time. plenty of hours.
Pros
flexible start time
Cons
strict productivity
May 21, 2018

We’re glad you have had a great experience working at Kindred! Every single member of our team contributes to the successes of our patients and their families.

We would love for you to further share your experience. It will only take two minutes and the impact of sharing your success with potential team members is priceless! http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaITk

Consistant Hours
Occupational Therapist PRN (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 14, 2018
Always have consistent hours for PRNs and are very loyal to PRN staffers. The managers work great to help you get what you need to do you job quickly and efficiently.
May 16, 2018

We are happy you shared your positive experience with us. Our employees are the center of our mission – we couldn’t do it without you!

Company does not recognize "team" players
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  All over Central ILMay 4, 2018
While working as a Speech Language Pathologist for Rehab Care, I had (all employees did) paid holidays taken away, travel added to my work because they could not find anyone else to travel to those remote places (even though I was not hired to travel). Compensation for travel is poor. I love the work that I do, but do not respect the way the company is managed. When I retired, my immediate supervisor had certain tasks she had to do to help me get the retirement setup. She promised she would take care of it all, but 2 weeks after I retired, I discovered she still had not done what she promised, therefore delaying my receipt of benefits, etc.

I have worked with some pretty amazing coworkers who helpe to make working for this company tolerable.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
poor management, perks taken away, no compensation for extra travel that was not part of job description
May 6, 2018

We value all feedback, good or bad, and strongly believe that our employees are the heart of our company. Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk through your concerns. Or you may choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412.

Never accept a Rehabcare position
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
Rehabcare is the worst as far a unethical business practices, a cut throat environment, and I have warned many young therapists to avoid working for this company.
Cons
Unethical, cut throat environment
May 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing. To ensure your concerns are heard and to serve future employees better, it’s important for us to talk to you more about your experience. I am available at experience@kindred.com so we can talk in detail.

Quality patient treatment focus
COTA (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 2, 2018
Provides a good treatment space with strong resources for further skill development. The company is tightly managed with high productivity expectations.
May 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Rehabcare discriminates against women
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Walpole, MAApril 13, 2018
Rehabcare pays their female employees less than their male employees.

The company also understaffs nurses and aides, meaning patient care is poor and frustration and stress levels are high.

Headquarters of this company are in Kentucky. Getting in touch with anyone from HR is a hassle and takes weeks,
April 15, 2018

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients and residents. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience working with us. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

terrible
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2018
I didn't like working here because the boss was terrible. my coworkers didn't like it here. no one liked it here. the patients didn't like it here. yep.
April 13, 2018

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Busy place to work with a chance to meet different people
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 5, 2018
Had a good work ethic with the manager in the area I worked. Not much training. Most of the time I had to wing it on my own but ultimately caught on. The position was not hard or difficult and it anything that I couldn't learn if properly trained.
April 6, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive and we know it takes time out of your busy day to complete.

Love working for Rehabcare as longas I dont have to travel too far
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILMarch 31, 2018
patient care with excellent collaboration with the team of skilled therapist that I currently work with. Biggest challenge is difficult nursing and dietary staff. Management is great. Best part of my day is working with patients, their families and the staff.
April 2, 2018

We’re glad you have had a great experience working at RehabCare! Every single member of our team contributes to the successes of our patients and their families.

Enjoyed relationship between SNF and rehab team. Staff assisted with patient transfers from bed and toilet.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMarch 28, 2018
Facility provided DME, appropriate weights, resistance bands and other therapy equipment needed to complete the job. Management did not communicate well with clinicians which made it hard to come up with patient discharge planning.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Poor management
March 30, 2018

Excellent work experience
Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLMarch 23, 2018
I learned so much at RehabCare. I was fortunate to have 2 very qualified and excellent ADO's to guide me through my career as a rehab program director.
Pros
A great ADO, A fantastic team to lead
Cons
Proximiity of my building to my home
March 25, 2018

We’re glad you have had a great experience with us. Our employees truly are at the center of our mission.

Productive and fast paced enviroment
Program Director Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 23, 2018
I have enjoyed my Eleven Years at Rehabcare. Currently, our building sold and we are all moving to different areas. I will miss the team but I am looking forward to new learning experiences.
March 24, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored by your service!

you are a number, productivity is God.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 10, 2018
Chronic mismanagement on all levels. Overstaffing and intimidation rampant. "If you cant work weekends I'm sure I can find some new grads that can." Good luck calling HR or compliance, you are treated like an annoyance. Pay was fair, if you could ever get a 40 hr work week, though they still brought in PRN...curious. PTO was very fair as well, they let you roll it over. Would recommend for a short term way to build some money, but I would not bank on a long term career here. I was with them for over 7 years. Solid c-
Pros
fair pto and ceu reimbursment
Cons
poor management, very little support from HR or compliance staff, revenue is king
March 11, 2018

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Highly stressful with pressure from management for high productivity and pressure to build caseload.
OTR/L (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMarch 8, 2018
Very stressful due to management pressures for productivity and building caseload especially Medicare part B insurance. The company does encourage training and offers reimbursement.
Pros
Reimbursement for training.
Cons
Unreasonable pressure for productivity and building caseload.
March 10, 2018

Fun working environment.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OH.March 3, 2018
Rehab care was a fun working environment. The people were great. It was very fast paced as we had to meet patient quotas. This could be be a little bit stressful.
Pros
Great staff.
Cons
Patient quotas could be hard to meet.
March 5, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your experience working on our team.

upbeat and fastpaced
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNFebruary 27, 2018
Rehab care is fast paced and multitasking is an asset. Management varies from facility to facility. It is enjoyable to get to know and help the people improve. Working as a team is fun.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
expectations for productivity
March 2, 2018

Too Large
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 26, 2018
The company is typical of large corporations putting the dollar first and patient quality care last. Often asked to perform inappropriate level of care with severe consequences when not followed.
February 28, 2018

We’d love to learn more about your experience. We know your input is critical to any potential improvements we need to make. Please reach out to me at experience@kindred.com.

Fast paced
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 21, 2018
Great company to work for, however, with it being a contract company, your job can be replaced by another company. I have had to relocate due to one contract loss only to move to another city and have that contract replaced by another company.
February 23, 2018