RehabCare Employee Reviews

Good Place to develop your skills
PTA/Program Director (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 17, 2018
No job security in Contract therapy,
constantly losing contracts, paid their PD well, allow for autonomy, support their clinical staff regarding RUG distribution
Who’s in charge
Employee (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Poor Senior leadership, the Average staff member is expected to follow the Kindred Code of Compance and policy’s set forth by Kindred. On a regular bases the CEO and HR Director re-issue their version of the polices and their personal agendas. Really sad because this use to be a great company to work for and the lack of Corp. leadship just proves this is the new norm. Really Sad!
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Watch your back!
September 17, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

I am PRN with Rehab Care. I do not qualitfy for benefits
PRN Physical Therapist Assistant Kindred (Current Employee) –  Salem, ILSeptember 14, 2018
I am currently PRN status with Rehab Care. I do not work there too often. Do not qualify for benefits. It is a very nice side job that I occasionally work at, mainly on the weekends.
Poor management
Physical Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eaton, OHSeptember 13, 2018
The company is alright, but the places they are contracted are a complete nightmare. Little to no communication from rehab managers and how bad therapist are able to continue to work with this company while any good therapist just gets tossed to the side makes this place a joke.
Pros
The pay was decent
Cons
Poor managment
This is not the place for the weak or those with a nice personality!
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Adamsville, TNSeptember 10, 2018
Rehab is a tough career, but when the company is not encouraging staff nor supporting during stressful times, it is very sad. This company promises the sun, moon, and stars, but delivers on very little. Corporate does not understand what the real world is like in small towns!
Pros
Hourly rate for experiences therapists
Cons
Very poor local and corporate management
September 11, 2018

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients and residents. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare

employment
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Direct Bill locations were run without constant management interferance. Unfortunatly Senior Management was not involved with facility relations. Senior level management were not professional
September 13, 2018

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients and residents. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience working with us. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

It's what you make of it
Speech-Language Pathologist, PRN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 2, 2018
I've worked as a PRN-SLP for this company since 2015. I've worked in some very upscale facilities and some very, very low scale facilities. I've actually preferred working in the lower scale facility due to the family feel of the Rehabcare staff. They probably have to be that way because no one wants to work there. You can truly care they care for their patients. The company itself is very non involved once you are hired. I attempted to reach out to transition from PRN to full time but got brushed off. I then informed a couple of the RCLs in whose buildings I worked with an immediate offer of employment, in which THEN HR reached out. I personally have a very assertive personality and have never had any issue with asking to do anything that I perceive as non-ethical. Initially hired at 45/hr due to not having professional experience immediately after CF. When I did ask for a raise to 55 (normal), DOR immediately agreed but it took over 3 months to go through with ME having to always follow up.
Pros
Always have work in metro setting
Cons
Not really a company to grow with.
September 3, 2018

We are happy you shared your experience with us. Our employees are at the core of our mission!

Poor management, No raises in 5 years, always pushing minutes with patients not appropriate for RU, management saying company not making money.
Treating PTA (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40202September 2, 2018
Manager never at work, sits in office all day, never treats patients. No raises in 5 year, all patients at RU, manager lies to benefit herself and take focus off her.
September 3, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience. We would appreciate the chance to talk to you about your concerns so that we can prevent this from happening again – the impact of sharing your concerns is key for the future experiences of other employees. If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can remain anonymous by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 to report your concerns. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Great coworkers
CPTA/Program Director (Current Employee) –  KSAugust 30, 2018
High productive standards. Tx minutes are to be set by the eval therapist but some of the Program Manager which is usually a CPTA or COTA will schedule the minutes above what the recommended minutes from the eval therapist to place clients in the Ultra Rugs.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
high productive standards
September 3, 2018

We’re glad you have had a great experience with us. Our employees truly are at the center of our mission.

Unorganized/Unappreciative Company
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 27, 2018
Love who I work with. Love the patient's. Love the field. Love the flexibility with hours.
Dislike- That they will do anything to not give their hard working employees raises. They do not appreciate their employees. Their productivity standard is a joke, and extremely unrealistic.
They make their techs do all of the work the Program Managers should be doing. But then they don't compensate either of them accordingly.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
The pay and unrealistic productivity standard
August 29, 2018

We do not wish for any employee experience to be a negative one. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk to you about your experience. Or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 to report your concerns. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

great coworkers
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WIAugust 24, 2018
Day started off at 6;45 starting 2 adls and working between 7-8;15 when busy. Management listened sometimes more time than not. Great facility we were established at. The productivity was the hardest and the best part was the coworkers. Have not had a raise in a couple of years.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
pay
August 27, 2018

We’d love to learn more about your experience. We know your input is critical to any potential improvements we need to make. Please reach out to me at experience@kindred.com. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

n/a
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 22, 2018
Worked for the company for 8 years. I am not interested in sharing any further information about this company. I do not work for this company anymore.
August 27, 2018

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? I can be reached at experience@kindred.com. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

limited future
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2018
this is a job to have while you look for something else. You are hired as a full time but have to use PTO to make up the shortfall in hours which happens more often than not. The lack of hours also raises fear of losing benefits.
Pros
co workers
Cons
too many PRN staff
August 16, 2018

We value all feedback, good or bad, and strongly believe that our employees are the heart of our company. Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk through your concerns. Or you may choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

poor management, passes off issues with no solutions. Does not listen to its employees!!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 11, 2018
Our rehab team has experienced problems ever since our rehab opened two years ago and no-one even acts like they care. Every issue is swept under the rug so to speak with no solutions. We have had multiple PD's in just two short years. Only one of which was fair and supportive of our team and this individual was demoted because of lies. This company does show that they care for their employees or support them. They're interest is not in you despite the fact they wouldn't have a company without their employees. No-one has listened to our voiced complaints for the past 9 months. They continually lie to us. HR has continued to put off any meetings we have requested to discuss issues. We are all to the point of walking out the door because of their lack of concern. If you are looking for someone to be supportive of your passion for the therapy industry then you need to continue your search because this company isn't it.
Pros
my rehab team/colleagues
Cons
poor management, high productivity demands, poor cost of living raises, no merit raises or notoriety whatsoever
Worst company to work for
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2018
Management is concerned with point of service documentation , TCR, productivity, and what CPT code you use , they have positions open for 5 months they can’t even fulfill with contractors . Very low pay , they pay women much less than men . The census fluctuates drastically , I would never work here the turn over is so high ask how many managers PTs OTs and SLPs were there and how long they stayed for before taking up any positions .nurses were great though
Pros
Cons
Hours, pay, respect
August 1, 2018

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience working with us. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 to report your concerns. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

I love working in professional setting.
Rehab Tech (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 31, 2018
I work in the largest rehab contracted facility in NE Wis. It is fast paced with high productivity standards. I am responsible for clerical and administrative duties and assisting therapist with transfers, ambulation and cleaning the gym. I enjoy working in a professional team in setting. My favorite part in may day is when I get to interact with the patients. The most difficult part of my job is keeping up with the paperwork.
Pros
Patient contact and professional staff.
Cons
I prefer more patient interaction.
unrealistic productivity standards; good pto
Interim Rehab Director (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 31, 2018
expected you to do point of service documentation with every patient which is not always possible when performing manual therapy or ADL's; once again, its about the money not patient care. Medicare standards has made therapy boring.
Pros
pto
Cons
everything else
August 1, 2018

We’d love to learn more about your experience. We know your input is critical to any potential improvements we need to make. Please reach out to me at experience@kindred.com. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

Supportive co-workers
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 30, 2018
Management is extremely focused on productivity above most other aspects including patient care most of the time. Co- worker culture is relaxed & friendly with good support from immediate supervision.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
CASAMBA documention system has many problems that effect productivity
August 1, 2018

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? I can be reached at experience@kindred.com. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

Rehab care not the best atmosphere for the clinician
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJuly 23, 2018
Like most contract therapy companies, the main focus is on how many billable units can be squeezed out in the work day. Very little if any time is available to focus on documentation, building a viable job culture or treating the patient as an individual.
Good money for those that can teeter the ethical balance beam.
Pros
Can make good money
Cons
Border line ethical practices
July 24, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. Would you be willing to talk with our team? The impact of sharing your concerns is crucial to the future experience of other employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 to report your concerns. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

I worked way to many hours and made a lot of money
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  MOJuly 23, 2018
We were told to be productive, We were told not to engage in unethical business practices. We were encouraged to be unethical to be productive. This made for a stressful work environment.
Pros
I made a lot of money
Cons
It was way too stressful
July 24, 2018

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience working with us. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 to report your concerns. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Kindred Healthcare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RehabCare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about