RehabCare Employee Reviews

Excellent supervisors
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs Village, AR, and Texarkana, ARNovember 20, 2018
It was really rewarding to be able to have a positive impact on someone's life. The clinical directors and regional supervisor were fantastic and provided great support to employees.
Pros
Good management, rewarding career
Manipulative
Therapist (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 12, 2018
Unreasonable expectations. Insincere colleagues and management . Lack of team support. Do not recommend in the central Texas area. Flexible schedule. 6 day work week.
November 13, 2018

We’d love to learn more about your experience. We know your input is critical to any potential improvements we need to make. Please reach out at experience@kindred.com. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

They push productivity
Rehabilitation/ SNF- PRN (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLNovember 12, 2018
The company pushes productivity over patient needs. The manager was pressured to push visits and increased visit times, even when not always appropriate.

Very rough working environment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 24, 2018
Never enough for this company. Its always, What did you do for me today. Very cut throat People would be fired with no notice which kept the entire work force on edge. Could never trust anyone including management to deal with any problems that I might have. Most of my co-workers very unhappy and looking for new jobs at all times.

Good staff.
PTA (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHOctober 24, 2018
it was a very stressful environment, unrealistic productivity expectations. I never saw a raise in the two years of employment. When I was hired full-time I was not informed of a non-compete clause, in result I lost my job due to the negligence of the this company policy.
Pros
Freedom with hours.
Cons
no raises, lack of infomation.
November 13, 2018

RehabCare does not look out for it's employees
Program Director/COTA (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 23, 2018
RehabCare never gives raises. RehabCare bases a workday on increased productivity. RehabCare never acknowledges the hard work of an employee. Insurance programs are not good programs. Does not provide 401K contributions unless employee contributes.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No raises-ever
October 25, 2018

We value all feedback, good or bad, and strongly believe that our employees are the heart of our company. We can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk through your concerns. Or you may choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Overall Good
Program Director (Current Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 10, 2018
I have worked at several locations for RehabCare and have really enjoyed my time with the company overall. The 2 biggest influences in job satisfaction are the Area Director and the Customer both of which can be temperamental and unrealistic of how therapists/managers should spend their time. I am pleased with the flexibility for the staff therapist. However, salary employees are abused to improve productivity and work excessive hours weekly due to their status. One of the few companies who still use Techs which is a nice help.
Pros
Company Culture, Benefits, Compensation
Cons
Contract Instability, Productivity, Point of Service Doc
October 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive. Our employees are the center of our mission – we couldn’t do it without you.

Bad ethics
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 9, 2018
Tell you to follow rules in training, but when working....break them.
Worked for 4 years and didn’t get a raise, but corporate excuses. Typical day was conflicts over use of iPads while working but company rules require it.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay, no raises
October 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. You can contact us at experience@kindred.com or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835.

TERRIBLE management
PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 3, 2018
worked at two separate locations and both managers were terrible. billed too many minutes when not appropriate. management made fun of other employees. all they care about is the minutes and getting paid
October 4, 2018

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? I can be reached at experience@kindred.com. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

A fast-paced environment
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXOctober 3, 2018
You will have an opportunity to see a variety of patients daily. Fast-paced environment and teamwork atmosphere make it work life experience enjoyable.
Pros
Co workers teamwork
Cons
High volume of patient fluctuations
I was lucky
REHAB PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 28, 2018
I had a very knowledgeable, supportive, and ethical Area Director of Operations. This is not typical, from what I have learned from other company employees.
September 29, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Terrible terrible, never again.
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2018
Employees are disposable. They hire new grads, pay them peanuts, and when they leave, hire more new grads. This is the foundation of their business model. They don't give raises, insisting they haven't made a profit in years. Hmm..I wonder how much the executives are being paid.

Very unethical business practices. They were sued recently by therapists for being fraudulent, settled with the therapists, then continued doing what they have always done.
Pros
Decent benefits.
Cons
Unrealistic productivity requirements, Terrible middle and upper management, Lowest wages among rehab companies, Hasn't given a raise to therapists for merit nor inflation in 4+ years, virtually no training/orientation for new hires
Good Place to develop your skills
PTA/Program Director (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 17, 2018
No job security in Contract therapy,
constantly losing contracts, paid their PD well, allow for autonomy, support their clinical staff regarding RUG distribution
Who’s in charge
Employee (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Poor Senior leadership, the Average staff member is expected to follow the Kindred Code of Compance and policy’s set forth by Kindred. On a regular bases the CEO and HR Director re-issue their version of the polices and their personal agendas. Really sad because this use to be a great company to work for and the lack of Corp. leadship just proves this is the new norm. Really Sad!
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Watch your back!
September 17, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

I am PRN with Rehab Care. I do not qualitfy for benefits
PRN Physical Therapist Assistant Kindred (Current Employee) –  Salem, ILSeptember 14, 2018
I am currently PRN status with Rehab Care. I do not work there too often. Do not qualify for benefits. It is a very nice side job that I occasionally work at, mainly on the weekends.
Poor management
Physical Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eaton, OHSeptember 13, 2018
The company is alright, but the places they are contracted are a complete nightmare. Little to no communication from rehab managers and how bad therapist are able to continue to work with this company while any good therapist just gets tossed to the side makes this place a joke.
Pros
The pay was decent
Cons
Poor managment
This is not the place for the weak or those with a nice personality!
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Adamsville, TNSeptember 10, 2018
Rehab is a tough career, but when the company is not encouraging staff nor supporting during stressful times, it is very sad. This company promises the sun, moon, and stars, but delivers on very little. Corporate does not understand what the real world is like in small towns!
Pros
Hourly rate for experiences therapists
Cons
Very poor local and corporate management
September 11, 2018

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients and residents. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare

employment
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Direct Bill locations were run without constant management interferance. Unfortunatly Senior Management was not involved with facility relations. Senior level management were not professional
September 13, 2018

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients and residents. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience working with us. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

It's what you make of it
Speech-Language Pathologist, PRN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 2, 2018
I've worked as a PRN-SLP for this company since 2015. I've worked in some very upscale facilities and some very, very low scale facilities. I've actually preferred working in the lower scale facility due to the family feel of the Rehabcare staff. They probably have to be that way because no one wants to work there. You can truly care they care for their patients. The company itself is very non involved once you are hired. I attempted to reach out to transition from PRN to full time but got brushed off. I then informed a couple of the RCLs in whose buildings I worked with an immediate offer of employment, in which THEN HR reached out. I personally have a very assertive personality and have never had any issue with asking to do anything that I perceive as non-ethical. Initially hired at 45/hr due to not having professional experience immediately after CF. When I did ask for a raise to 55 (normal), DOR immediately agreed but it took over 3 months to go through with ME having to always follow up.
Pros
Always have work in metro setting
Cons
Not really a company to grow with.
September 3, 2018

We are happy you shared your experience with us. Our employees are at the core of our mission!

Poor management, No raises in 5 years, always pushing minutes with patients not appropriate for RU, management saying company not making money.
Treating PTA (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40202September 2, 2018
Manager never at work, sits in office all day, never treats patients. No raises in 5 year, all patients at RU, manager lies to benefit herself and take focus off her.
September 3, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience. We would appreciate the chance to talk to you about your concerns so that we can prevent this from happening again – the impact of sharing your concerns is key for the future experiences of other employees. If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can remain anonymous by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 to report your concerns. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RehabCare. Our community is ready to answer.