Rehabilitation Support Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Environment, poor pay scale
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYFebruary 22, 2018
The work environment is supportive and offers extensive training and support. The income rate combined with the cost for health insurance made it difficult to stay with the agency. Also, high case loads made it more stressful and difficult to hold pace with consumer needs.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
salary, cost of benefits
An unhealthy environment for recovering adults
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYFebruary 15, 2018
To state it simply, the house manager prides herself with having the clients hate her. It’s an unhealthy work environment with both the director and house manager constantly talking negatively about the clients and intend to make their lives harder just to make their “points”. Co-workers are kind and enjoyable, but even they cannot stand the house manager, who does not have the education for the position. Clients have stopped caring and the work itself is useless in their recovery process, you’re a glorified babysitter for people who really only need help attending appointments and taking care of responsibilities.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks, terrible power hungry manager, useless work
Loved working in fast paced environment
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monticello, NYFebruary 14, 2018
fast paced very rewarding job. Enjoyed working with team members and learning new things everyday. Being able to work independently and along side team members was a plus.
pleasant work environment.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day would include completing household tasks, errands, writing service notes, crisis intervention and assisting residents with appointments.
Pros
Company recognizes birthdays and special occasions
Cons
very underpaid
Great supervisision
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, NYFebruary 4, 2018
I love the culture, many complain about the case loads. I want to leave for a clinical position. It's a great job to start a msw career or have a bsw career. The supervisors are supportive and the pay is fair.
Decent work lpace
Residence Counselor (Current Employee) –  Delhi, NYJanuary 25, 2018
Managers are two faced and can be very mean. Clients are nice but aren't help accountable for anything. You'll learn a lot about different medications.
Pros
Free dinner and lunchs
Cons
bad insurance
great work play, low pay
Service Plan writer (Current Employee) –  Altamont, NYDecember 19, 2017
Great company to work for but the salary is extremely low for the work that is expected. Pretty good staff and clients. There is lots of opportunities to grow within the company.
Mental Health Case Management/Human Services
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mohegan Lake, NYDecember 19, 2017
I was responsible for providing case management services to individuals diagnosed with a mental illness. I provided information and referral, direct care, education, support, transportation, medication supervision; services designed to increase awareness of the individuals diagnosis and independence. I completed all documentation necessary for Social Security entitlements and Social Services benefits. I maintained updated client files. I collaborated with psychiatrist, therapist and other service providers to increase supports and maintain client stability. The hardest part of the job was the constant agency changes and the amount of paperwork due to the constant overturn of staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the progress and the gratitude of the people I serve. I have gained more compassion and patience while in this position.
Pros
vacation, personal and sick time, 401K
Cons
work load constantly changing due to high overturn of staff
Friendly Staff
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Cobleskill, NY 12043November 27, 2017
Friendly Staff, stressful at times. Staff acts as a family. Hardest Part of the job is stress of clients. The most enjoyable part of working here is boss is caring and understanding.
Not enough staff.
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Owego, NY 13827September 30, 2017
Good training but too brief. Some things you only do once a month and they expect you to remember all the details. Managers speak very condescending to you. They are not open to new ideas. No room for growth. Pay not up to standard to the amount of work your responsible for. They cannot keep help. They are always understaffed. Not enough room for employees to have offices.
Pros
Benefits. Office location.
Cons
Treated poorly, pay
Relaxing environment
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Walton, NYSeptember 5, 2017
great people. I get to work with people who I know. I enjoy the job I do at Rehabilitation Support Services. I learn a lot of carpentry work at this job and I learn a lot of other stuff like maintenance of things and stuff.
Good way to gain experience
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 20, 2017
I've worked at RSS for 2.5 years, it has given me experience with individuals with mental health diagnoses. It has allowed me to complete my bachelors degree while working which was very convenient.
Pros
Flexible, Good Management, Nice events for consumers
Cons
Pay can be better
Great work environment
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 15, 2017
Very friendly,helpful and always willing to go above and beyond for the workers and clients. Stress free and able to ask as many questions as possible.
it was all over
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mohegan Lake, NYJune 24, 2017
early start, some great people, long days but you get out of the office alot, alot of things were the same each day, the hardest part is the higher ups not having your back , everyone is out for themselves even when you have put in years and years with them.
Pros
money and lonts of overtime
Cons
everyone is out for themselfes
Can Be a Fun Place To Work
Case Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 20, 2017
The job can be a little a stressful. You are providing daily living skill to clients with mental health issue. As long as you was not a manager you could work overtime. Depending on what department you work in, you can 8 hours shifts or 12 hours.
Pros
You can work your way up
Cons
short breaks/lunch
Rehabilitaion Support Services/ working one on with Clients
Rehabilitation Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Monticello, NYMay 2, 2017
This job was a routine job, such as giving clients their medications, morning, noon, and night. Shopping weekly, cooking daily, cleaning and assisting clients with daily household chores. Clients were taken to their jobs, doctors appointments, and the store daily.
I've learned about each individuals conditions and how to administer their medications according to their mental or physical condition. I also learned the importance of writing reports in third person.
The workplace culture was great. I loved the support staff had for one another. I love the fact staff work together and each shift had the same work ethic and we worked together well.
The hardest part of the job was when a client and or family member passed away and supporting the clients who had difficulty coping with the lost.
The most enjoyable part of the job, was taking clients on trips that was recreational and enjoying some down time with them.
Pros
Being able to go out with staff and eat free lunches from time to time.
Cons
Getting ready to go home from an over night and having to take a client to the hospital
Cultural and ethical awareness was of utmost importance for this company.
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, NYApril 19, 2017
A typical day at work would be attending morning meetings, making calls to families and clients to plan visits, make appts, enter stats in program, and micro manage office duties.

As a Social Worker and working with RSS, I was eager to utilize all my interpersonal skills, and as a result of using that experience, I have become much better at educating and orientating the children and their parents enough to be able to build their trust and confidence, and in return, they were able to learn how to manage the complexities in their lives.
Pros
Families who want to be helped remained in program.
Cons
Resistance, Not enough clients in program.
Great Company
Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 21, 2017
RSS was a great company to work for. I gained the experience to work with a difficult and vulnerable population. Management was flexible with my schedule as I worked for my Master's degree.
A fast place work environment.
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Walton, NYMarch 3, 2017
Job entails working in a fast place work environment by supporting individuals with Psychiatric issues building confidence and skills needed to transition into the community. Skills can include but not limited to daily living skills, budgeting, find housing, scheduling, and applying coping skills. I write up daily log entries that entail the goal work completed. Office work not limited to filing paperwork, entries of medical appointments, typing, etc.
Pros
Busy
Cons
limted down time
Productive and fun workplace
Forensic Transitional Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich, NYJanuary 13, 2017
A very outstanding company to be a part of. Very supportive environment with great benefits. I have learned a lot more about co-occurring disorders while being employed by RSS.