REHAU Employee Reviews

Knowledge and experience doesn't matter, if you are liked you advance
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALSeptember 8, 2019
I do not recommend working here. Raises are non-existent if you are lucky enough to get a 5% performance-based raise one year the next year they can take it away. Supervisors get bonuses for not giving raises to the people that have earned a raise. Scheduled shifts are 8 hours but if there are call-ins you are expected to cover 4 hours of the next shift with 10 minutes of notice. If no one volunteers to stay over or come in early you will be voluntold to cover shifts if you don't your supervisor will give you a point and write you up for it. There is no work/life balance, advancement is all about who likes you not about your experience, skills or knowledge. Supervisors and lead hands can cuss you out and when it's reported to HR nothing is done about it. The HR department is a joke. None of the staff knows anything about HR topics, procedures, etc. Rehau demands too much for little pay. Material handlers are expected to pick up and deliver parts or materials in 4 minutes. A 4 minute time allowance is too short that could be a reason for mistakes and accidents. Rehau executives should actually talk and listen to the people working the floor about what they can do to make it a better place to work because the supervisors and lead hands don't know how to do the jobs we are doing.
It’s ok overall
PAINT LINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALAugust 1, 2019
It’s a ok place to work- fast paced at times, pretty good coworkers, would like more OT but overall ok place to work. Wear comfortable steel toes, plenty of walking
Recommend if you're inbetween jobs
YARD MANAGEMENT SUPERVISOR/ PRODUCTION REP (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 17, 2019
Work here build bridges make connections until you can find something better. Extremely chaotic hierarchy not structure no potential for advancement. Use as temporary employment only
Shipping
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALJune 16, 2019
I worked there for 5 years and loved it hated to have to leave but with the loss of business they did a big lay off and 3rd shift got hit the hardest. Biggest downfall is the chance of a layoff is high I didn't really realize that till now...
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lay offs
I enjoyed my job but ran by arrogant supervisor who doesn’t know anything
Team Leader Logistics (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALJune 10, 2019
I loved my job I missed three days in four years I was there. Well they just have to many chiefs and not enough actual workers. If you don’t watch your back up there people will stab you in the back. I just wanted to work with honest people and then go home to my family.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Bad supervisors
contract employee
Full-time, Contract (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALMarch 26, 2019
the job that I was hired for has been eliminated and have heard that the plant is closing soon. I was hired as a contract employee. typically worked 5-7 days per week and 8-12 hours per shift.
Pros
good pay
Rehau has good benefits.
Assembly/quality inspection (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALMarch 24, 2019
Teamwork is very important at Rehau. The supervisor that I had during my term at Rehau was excellent. The best part of the job is that the people that I worked with were like family.
The hardest part of the job for me is that I was ask to work very hard, fast paced, without any discussions of raises at any point - except for annual cost of living even though my attendance was perfect and my job performance was acceptable.
You get dedicated to the work, the management staff is awful and 90% of your coworkers are awful.
Fabricator/Welder (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALMarch 17, 2019
Loved the job, hated the people. Leadhands often times sleeping with employees. Same goes for supervisors. You supervisors will bully you, your quality inspector will bully you. Every single person there will talk bad about you. If I could start over and never talk to anyone there. I would. I loved my job, got increasingly more skilled. My supervisor lets me know I wasn’t “nothin” one too many times. It’s a hard job mentally. Miss the job, don’t miss the people.
Pros
Blue cross blue shield.
Cons
Poor management, poor leadership
Decent Pay and Benefits
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALMarch 11, 2019
Fast paced environment
In and out of the weather all day
Management 100% company oriented
Good people as co-workers
Hardest part of job is dealing with weather extremes, and disorganization is some areas
Pros
Decent pay and benefits, good co-workers
Cons
Short breaks and lunches, tenure with company unimportant
Large company, not a very relaxed environment.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALMarch 7, 2019
Rehau is a large company in which the pay rates vary vastly depending on the type job description. People do not casually greet you and you are mad to feel more like a number or dollar amount than a person. Advancement depends more on who likes you as opposed to your work performance. Lack of communication is a big problem there.
Pros
Time kept on the honor system, plenty of time to have lunch and breaks
Cons
lack of communication, not a friendly environment
Stressful long hours and hostile co-workers
Machine Operator/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALFebruary 12, 2019
Worked 12 hours a night 6pm - 6am. Co-workers were very stressful and management doesn't reward hard work much at all especially as a temp. It's fine for temporary work but I can't imagine working there for long.
Pros
paid lunch and opportunities to advance
Cons
stressful and hostile co-workers.
Rehau
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALNovember 4, 2018
I love working at rehau. I love the environment and what the company stands for. However I do not care for the way management click together. If you are not in the click there is no room for advancement.
Pros
Great values, wonderful people. Good benefits
Cons
Managers who are unethical
Great place to work.
Machine Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALOctober 22, 2018
Worked with great people n enjoyed what I did. I ran several different Injection Molding Machines, and ran several different articles. Kept all paperwork filled out, and weighing/gauging according to STAKA.
I would recommend working for the company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALOctober 18, 2018
Some departments would work shift and some would work nights and some would work days. You can transfer to different departments through out the plant.
Pros
Good money and work enviornment.
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Good team
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALOctober 12, 2018
Great work colleagues,
Fair pay,
good benefits,
Company events,
401K
Easy work but long hours
Managment is understandable und tries to find a solution for your needs.
Fastpaced
ASSISTANT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALSeptember 26, 2018
Very fast paced, long hours, standing in your feet all day. Short breaks depending on department your in. Community and atmosphere makes for a great work environment.
Pros
Sometime free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Temp Job
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALAugust 15, 2018
This temp job turned into a full time job through a temp agency. I enjoyed working it as a temp job, but once I got hired on full time, they laid me off. The plant side I was working on went out of business so quick.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Fabrication Technician/Psychology Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALAugust 5, 2018
Rehau provided a great learning experience for me. They provided cross-training and in-depth training about all aspects of their company and product process.
Pros
cross-training and education
Cons
Upward mobility in the company did not follow protocol
Review Summary Of Rehau
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJuly 18, 2018
Rehau was a quiet and peaceful place to work at. All of the people I worked with were pleasant and welcoming. It was a great place to work at for a temporary amount of time.
Very productive
Injection Molding Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALJuly 10, 2018
Good place to work and build your resume. Will learn a lot at this place, but hard to work up the ladder. Pay is average for start out with degrees. Day shift is hard to get to.