Rehrig Pacific Services Employee Reviews

stressful and overworked
Purecurement Team (Former Employee) –  Kenosha WISeptember 4, 2018
Rehrig Pacific is a stressful place to work. You are overworked because they don't want to hire new people, so they push the work load onto the existing employees
Long hours.Grueling pace.
Utility (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 3, 2018
I worked as a utility under the guise that i would become a process engineer within a few days. The interview was nice, they left out some key information that i didn't learn until after i started work. There is a stretch and meeting before every shift, that was nice. Safety meetings every other day, worrisome. Mandatory 6 day work week, no exceptions. Wasn't told that part. 10 hour days for anyone above general labor. 12 hour days for utility and up. Wasn't told that either. Management was a complete joke and waste of space. They could care less about your issues or complaints. Posted on every door was a warning to not let government agents or police officers in through the doors. People would fall over working at the presses from exhaustion. I think i got 6 breaks total in the 3 weeks i worked there. And the pay was a miserable reminder that you could never work enough. The people were nice enough. The supervisors were against a wall constantly and exhausted. Run screaming from there.
Pros
mandatory 6 day weeks at 10 hour days, so overtime
Cons
There isn't enough space to list them all.
Don't Do it Unless You like Mandatory O.T. and no time off
Pallet Sorter (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 2, 2018
The Workday flow wasn't bad, but unless you want to throw pallets all the time as a work out then it's terrible. I was told i would have to would 3 days a week on weekend shift. I just wanted 3 12s for a work week to give me time to pursue my hobbies, but the eventually had me working 6 12s mandatories.
Pros
Lots of Hours
Decent hours, friendly environment. Pay could be better
Break Pack Associate (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VASeptember 1, 2018
I have been there a couple months through a temp company. I enjoy my work.and.my co workers are great. I wish it paid a bit more ( I make 10 hr) but that's about right for our area. Our management team is awesome.They actually listen when we speak. Employee safety is a priority and we have a fantastic work safe record. The warehouse is hot as Hades at times but they are doing everything possible to help us out with that. The missing star is bc of heat and unimpressive pay rate. All in all a great job to have.
Pros
Schedule, environment, safe
Cons
Heat, pay, noisy
its ok
operator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 1, 2018
Wasn't very thrilled when my pay was lowered. People somehow found out my wage and complained. You shouldn't be put down because you have more skills and experience than other people
Poor place to work. Unfair unless your spanish
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  spring valley, illAugust 28, 2018
Very racist. Mostly spanish decent . Management does nothing about it. Long hours and sometimes hostile environment. No chance to advance unless your related to supervisors now. Hard to get vacation time.
Contract work for Los Angeles Bureau of Sanitation
GIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 22, 2018
This is a project 1099 contract. The term is usually 2 years. The job is located with Bureau of Sanitation in Downtown Los Angeles. It's a very cut throat environment with poor management and lack of direction. Department managers are constantly undermining each other. Very difficult to work as a contractor.
Pros
Salary is OK
Cons
1099 and no benefits.
Productive and relaxed workplace
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2018
Its a great job I love it I could work here forever I wish everywhere was as comfortable we got a lot done and they paid a good amount and also get good benefits
great place to work
Cart Maintenance Site manager (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAAugust 20, 2018
where to start?? company treats their employees very well, as much like a family as you can get in the place of business. Will Rehrig is a very humble man, the management is very good, understanding and willing to teach. i would recommend rehrig to anyone. i have been with the company 2 years. and hope to advance and be hear many more years.
Hard work but great place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHAugust 13, 2018
Work is very physical and involves a lot of flipping upside down pallets. Great place to work and has a family feeling. Employees and management look out for each other and are willing to help you anyway they can. Pay is low compared to other companies in the area and that's the only reason I left the job. Management was great and put a lot of effort into making the warehouse more comfortable for us to work in. They also give you safety bonuses which is nice. I would recommend Rehrig as a good place to work.
Pros
Safety bonuses, family atmosphere, OT available, great coworkers
Cons
Hot in summertime, pay should be higher
Good people good vibes. Little loud. Nice break room vending machine around the building
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAAugust 10, 2018
Big company nice people to get along with. Work is not to hard. None stop moving . Nice big clean bathrooms. Safety is a big deal there. The daily stretches.
Pros
Ac in the break room clean bathroom nice people
Cons
Loud environment
Upset
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDAugust 9, 2018
Had a friend refer me to this job. I really enjoyed it there and I thought it was my escape from working retail the rest of my life. It was great the first couple of months, then out of no where we lost a contract and people started getting laid off. I was one of the last 4 bodies in the building and then my turn came. The warehouse ran for months with just 2 people until it finally came to an end. I get it, it's business and stuff happens, but I feel more could have been done to atleast try to keep it going.
Hope Mills, NC Pallet Sorter
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCAugust 7, 2018
The location that I worked at was dirty hot and cold in the winter management wasn't interested in the moral of the hourly employees.Management would also require overtime without proper notification. Not a great company to work for wouldn't recommend anyone for this company.
Pros
None a weekly pay check
Cons
Terrible work environment
Consistent work, low pay
Site lead (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INAugust 6, 2018
I enjoyed the culture and peers but advancement was slow and pay was low.
I worked during the night shift so weekly hours varied from a low of 35 hours to a high of 60 hourz per week.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Very Demanding Job
Pallet Repair/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2018
Come to work everyday, literally. Very difficult job to perform daily, stay to yourself and you will be fine. Document everything that occurs to you for your own protection.
Pros
Production based
Cons
short breaks, one fridge, two microwaves, one restroom
Summer Job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 9, 2018
• Calculated product counts from the assembly line
• Assembled products off the line
• Maintained a consistent flow of material in the machines

I worked this job for two years in between breaks in school
Good company, bad management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2018
Company overall is good, but management focuses on numbers rather than people, especially plant manager, in greatly need of leadership, upper management needs to come down and ask for feedback from the people that actually work.
Pros
Safety
Cons
Upper management
Poor upper management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NY 12078June 13, 2018
Poor pay, benefits & management.Management at the top of the company has changed over and micromanagement increased significantly. There is a lot of turn over with this company.
Bad management
Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2018
Turnover rate at production plants are sky high due to bad treatment of employees and horrible management decisions. Unfortunately many of the top ranks at this company act like they care about employees, but don't. Absolutely not a good workplace.
Pros
Standard benefits
Terrible place to work
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Hanover PennsylvaniaMay 31, 2018
I worked for this company for almost 2 years I loved it at first but then New Management took over and treated me like I didn't know what I was doing and would not let me advance to higher positions because they had better things to do or to give the higher positions to their family members or other people of the same race as them before because they are racist against anyone not of Spanish descent
Pros
Some of the workers were really good people
Cons
( not spanish? than you do not progressed on to higher paying jobs within the company)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rehrig Pacific Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about