Reindeer Auto Relocation

Working at Reindeer Auto Relocation: 7 Reviews

United States7 reviews

no job security and lots of favoritism

Started off ok, then an investment firm took over and it was no longer a fun and happy place to work. Poor management, some "managers" are very unprofessional and lazy. Lots of favoritism, no advancement and a total "boys club".

Pros

used have free food and parties. pay was ok, coworkers were nice

Cons

poor management, no advancement, favoritism, doesn't pay enough for the work load, inconsistent policies and no real HR department

Good job - but poor management.

Pre-COVID, a typical work day would be spent talking to customers and drivers, scheduling vehicle transports. The position was a good role to be in, however that was not the issues. The issues were with how the company was run, and how management handled things. Things changed when the company was purchased by an investment firm. They changed the way we were paid, and it went from our salary + annual raises to a possibility for bonuses based off profits. They however did everything they could to avoid giving you any kind of bonus. When I left the company, I should have received a fairly hefty bonus but this was never seen. I understand with COVID, things are tough, but do not tell your employees that you will value them based on profit and promise these bonuses, only to never follow through on this. When COVID cuts were made, they let go many hard working people. From there, it has only gone downhill. I hope the company will survive this, but I have my doubts.As another review mentioned - favoritism is HUGE within the company. Several of the "higher ups" are related, and the owner even had hired his unlicensed stepdaughter as the HR department. (She has since left this position.) If you don't fit in perfectly in their club, do not expect to feel appreciated or as part of the team. Office gossip and drama was a frequent occurrence.

Pros

office parties were fun, the actual position is a good job to have

Cons

management, favoritism, no chance for moving up in your career and no raises as of 2019

Reindeer Auto Relocation insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

auto relocation

This company has went through changes with management and ownership. No Human resource department. Has little office parties for holidays and takes employees to lunch for their birthday.

Pleasant Atmosphere

A typical day consisted of reaching out to drivers and customers with updates on pickups and deliveries of vehicles. I learned how to set up moves for customers, as well as booking a local tow company and / or carrier to move the vehicles from one location to another. Management was relatively easy to talk to and didn't micro-manage which was very nice. The overall culture was relatively moderate as it was a small office of about 60 employees. The hardest part of the job, was staying in communication with the drivers, as well as keeping them on their tasks, as well as, making sure that the vehicles were delivered on-time as promised, as we were a Broker. The most enjoyable part was the many activities that took place in the office, as well as people bringing in food (which they were able to cook on the electric stoves, oven or microwave).

Pros

Free food on occasion

Busy, fast pace workplace

Great place to work, very fast paced and definitely lots of customer service experience is required in order to do a great job. Lots of benefits, and a great team of people to work with.

An amazing company with a great environment and a good family environment

A great company to work for with the ability to develop lasting relationships both within the company and all over the country doing business in a respectful manner held to the highest standards.

Fun workplace, Co-workers were amazing

Review the balance of their employees home and work life. On call policy should be changed per dept.

Pros

Talking to new people on a daily basis

Cons

Being on call 24/7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reindeer Auto Relocation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Reindeer Auto Relocation Reviews by Location

Learn about Reindeer Auto Relocation in popular locations

• Reindeer Auto Relocation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?