Reinhart Foodservice, LLC Employee Reviews

Great Job
Transportation and Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIDecember 2, 2018
If you’re young and want to make a lot of money and I have a CDL class say you can do it but remember you have a 3 to 5 year lifespan because most people get hurt with back into the shoulder injuries me injuries be careful
Benefits
Cons
Injuries
Good company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNNovember 27, 2018
Good company to work for. Great benefits good work life balance. Not alot of micro management. Good leadership and growth opportunities. Good office culture.
Corporate culture
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 22, 2018
Back breaking labor, equipment that is often as not barely legal, poorly loaded trailers and management that doesn’t listen to the drivers needs.
Maybe someone in corporate will actually read this, since we’ve all been screaming about these out of touch policies instituted from on high, but it’s fallen on deaf ears.

First you put (driver facing) cameras in our trucks, show us the whip on a daily basis with the constant reminders that you will fire us for numerous and widely varied reasons, then turn around and complain when we leave.

This business operates on our backs. You can sell as many cases of whatever to who cares, but without us it doesn’t get there- and you treat us like human garbage.
The vast majority of the managers here, are not or have never been drivers. Yet, they feel entitled to instruct individuals who have been safely operating commercial vehicles for 10-20 years.

We’re BEGGING these guys to get the warehouse to sort and build pallets with some remote semblance of sense and sanity, but they’re conisistenly a disaster. Route times over length, stops missed entirely, and guess who gets penalized for this? The driver.

You want to know why almost all of the Cleveland OH drivers walked off the job with Reinhart this past year? Because it was a crisis and failure of leadership.

I’d say institute rational corporate policies to retain drivers for more than a month or two, on the basis that a driver who is well paid and feels appreciated doing this much work might actually stay.
That said, it will never happen. It’s far more important that the
  more... corprorate managers here continue to treat us like criminals, wrong doers and eventual legal problems in the inevitability that we will eventually just quit, or be fired for something as mundane as drinking water while driving.  less
Pros
Pay
Cons
Corporate policies, high turn over, poor management
No leadership with management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAOctober 30, 2018
My first 6 months at Reinhart was amazing then came that the other 1 and a half was a mess manager at night showing to much favoritism towards other workers and it's not fair to other workers certain people worked and others didn't it was no equality
Great place for the physically able
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 29, 2018
Pay was great! Benefits were great! Management was outstanding! Extremely hard work, and very high goals are maybe the only draw back, but if you're more physically able than I am, it can be overcome. Culture was pretty good too. Management was very encouraging, and knew what they were doing. Co workers were great! They paid incentive pay, and that is probably the only thing that hurt the culture. You wouldn't get any help at all from your co workers, as they were trying to run up their paycheck. That is literally the only complaint i had, and that was mostly my fault anyway, for ot being a 'big' enough person for the job. Highly recomended job!
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
Extremely hard work
Not for the lazy
Class A CDL Driver Driver (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIOctober 29, 2018
requires a hard day work, and pay compensates for what you put in. Need to be a people person and willing to go the extra step. Decent place to work as long as you are a decent worker and willing to put in an honest days work.
Pros
off work early
Cons
go to work early
Stressful. Customer service like to throw drivers under bus.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 24, 2018
They push and push you. Expect to be routed over hrs. And expect you to do. Management will act like care but throw you under Bus to save themselves..
Trash
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 24, 2018
Trash place no care if the world about the workers pick favorites selfish greedy company that only care about how much money they can make even if they are understaffed
Pros
Break time
Cons
Excellent place to work!!!
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 23, 2018
I honestly wish my job here wasn't a temporary one!! Over all the place was a joy to work with!! The management, the other employees, the truck drivers, and even the higher-ups!!!! There's commission's, there's overtime available, it's amazing pay with the quickness on raises, and easily earned paid time off or vacations!!! So yeah I highly recommend this place!!! lol
Pros
Commission's, overtime, easily earned paid time off or vacations, and quickly earned raises
Cons
Can't think of anything
Way to many hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Shawano, WIOctober 23, 2018
Your treated like a number not a person even with the driver shortage that they have they don’t care about trying to keep anyone and every year that goes by they seem to find a way to take pay away from us.
Pros
It’s a paycheck
Cons
Overworked no home life
Strong work ethic
BC Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WIOctober 18, 2018
The employees at the Shawano warehouse and office are good hard working staff members that care for the company and take pride in their work.
Reyes Company - the parent company is committed to values, morals and their employees in worldwide companies. It is a Fortune 500 company.
Difficult working conditions
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 16, 2018
I began my route about 4:00am. I drove a tractor/ trailer to Springfield, Ohio six days a week and unloaded food and paper products to restaurants. Because of working so many hours, I rarely saw my wife and child. My home time was very limited.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Not home daily
Was a horrible experiance
DIRECTOR OF WAREHOUSE (Current Employee) –  Louisville kyOctober 15, 2018
There is a constant rotation in management. It is unstable. There are no opportunities here and this facility plans to close. There are no learning opportunities.
very stressful, wait on loads bad equipment
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  London, KYOctober 13, 2018
very poorly manage company not helpful to drivers at all,drive cam every time you set it off you hear from office and its usally not good no food, no drinks ,no smoking , no bluetooth no AM/FM radio,they will eventually destroy a good drivers rep.
Pros
driver pay
Cons
no life beyond reinhart
CutThroat Place to Work
National Accounts Purchasing Buyer (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILOctober 12, 2018
At first, everything was fine with this company, but there were individuals who would do things to work against you, especially if they were passed over for the position that you may have gotten. Constant backstabbing and doing things to screw up the Buyer's accomplishments. They did me a favor when they laid me off.
Pros
Short distance to travel
Cons
Management had big egos
Unrealistic expectations
Delivery Helper (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNOctober 12, 2018
They call you at the end of your work day or when you get back to let you know when you work the next day, no weekly or even two day schedule and they change the hours on you randomly. Never in my life I have had a job do this to me or heard of such another job doing this and getting away with it.

Start the day out by finding out who you're going with on the board, where to, and how much the trailer has. Good luck on asking someone who you are going with at the end of the day to plan things out after you get off work, they'd sometimes not even acknowledge I was even in front of them asking them a question. They on a whim change when you work the next day, could be lucky and start at 5am and at 7pm the night before they call you saying they need you at 1am or before. They'd even call you when you are sleeping to change your schedule to work a even earlier shift.

Certain days the warehouse would be slow and could be hours behind schedule for loading the trailers due to some crazy reason which would put you and the driver behind schedule, which would make the customers mad you are late on top of working in could be bad weather conditions,bad traffic, and depending on what time you leave and go to. You hope you don't get stuck working with a weird or slow paced driver. Starting at 3am(if you are lucky) and getting home at 6pm or later, and being told you need to come in before 3am was unrealistic, no time for you to do anything at home and not safe. Some days I didn't even get a chance to eat food or do anything else after work, just straight to bed so you could function
  more... the next super early shift.

Winter is the slow time and spring/summer is the busy times. This job to me was only worth it when you hit overtime as work conditions were outright dangerous at times. If you do not have good balance or do not like waking up before 5am,this is not the job for you, as you need to load up your cart up to 400,500, and even 600lbs worth of food and go down a skinny ramp(you hope the driver has a good ramp and not a damaged one that could get you hurt)lot of people have fallen off the ramp and gotten seriously hurt. Some places you need to go down or up stairs and other tight areas in icy,wet, and other outright unsafe areas to deliver food. Delivering in the winter time is miserable as the majority of places don't shovel the area you need to deliver the food at or is icy so you have to do it and waste more time on the trip/day.

Management needs a revamp. They seemed to only care when they had to, all but one manger seemed to be normal and ok. Most of the drivers are friendly and hard working. Only had an issue with two drivers. One was super slow and I was bringing in more carts and working faster then him, and the other thought he could treat me poorly/like a dog, but he was like that to everyone and helpers even did not want to work with him. Besides those two, as long as you show up early, work as hard as the driver, and don't weird out the driver on the trip, you'll do ok here. If not, drivers will leave you behind or not take you, which means you will not get hours in or money.

All in all, I can't believe this is a non-union job, the majority of other food deliver providers are. With how they run things here, they have a lot of drivers and helpers quitting. Hence why they're even offering a helper sign on bonus now.

Final notes. Management stalks your social media so keep that on lockdown. Make sure that they pay you correctly. Look somewhere else for work that will treat you fairly.
Pros
Free expired food
Cons
Management, no free time after work
stressful and chaotic
Class A CDL Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 8, 2018
Daily trips are very hectic and over the road trips are very draining. Both cause a strain on your personal life because they way it works is Reinhart is first even if you run out of time majority of the time you are staying overnight somewhere even if it's your day home. The money is great but not worth the personal time given up.
Springfield , Mo
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 3, 2018
They don’t care about if you have a family they just need the work to be done ! And no they don’t know what they are doing that’s why turn over in management is quite frequent as well . They tell you it’s only one over night but in reality it’s 3-4 and sometimes more . I would not recommend this place to anyone !!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many to mention
Driver supervisor
Driver Supervisor/Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Prince George, VAOctober 2, 2018
Very demanding, long hours but enjoyed training and coaching new drivers, got to meet and travel to different store locations, learned to manage daily operations.
Early bird gets the worm
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Essex, VTOctober 1, 2018
Start time depends on your route... Load is usually messed up... Long hours... Lots of miles... Back breaking work... Good pay... Is too far away from my home
Pros
Look below
Cons
Look below

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reinhart Foodservice, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight