Reinhart Foodservice, LLC Employee Reviews

very stressful, wait on loads bad equipment
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  London, KYOctober 13, 2018
very poorly manage company not helpful to drivers at all,drive cam every time you set it off you hear from office and its usally not good no food, no drinks ,no smoking , no bluetooth no AM/FM radio,they will eventually destroy a good drivers rep.
Pros
driver pay
Cons
no life beyond reinhart
CutThroat Place to Work
National Accounts Purchasing Buyer (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILOctober 12, 2018
At first, everything was fine with this company, but there were individuals who would do things to work against you, especially if they were passed over for the position that you may have gotten. Constant backstabbing and doing things to screw up the Buyer's accomplishments. They did me a favor when they laid me off.
Pros
Short distance to travel
Cons
Management had big egos
Unrealistic expectations
Delivery Helper (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNOctober 12, 2018
They call you at the end of your work day or when you get back to let you know when you work the next day, no weekly or even two day schedule and they change the hours on you randomly. Never in my life I have had a job do this to me or heard of such another job doing this and getting away with it.

Start the day out by finding out who you're going with on the board, where to, and how much the trailer has. Good luck on asking someone who you are going with at the end of the day to plan things out after you get off work, they'd sometimes not even acknowledge I was even in front of them asking them a question. They on a whim change when you work the next day, could be lucky and start at 5am and at 7pm the night before they call you saying they need you at 1am or before. They'd even call you when you are sleeping to change your schedule to work a even earlier shift.

Certain days the warehouse would be slow and could be hours behind schedule for loading the trailers due to some crazy reason which would put you and the driver behind schedule, which would make the customers mad you are late on top of working in could be bad weather conditions,bad traffic, and depending on what time you leave and go to. You hope you don't get stuck working with a weird or slow paced driver. Starting at 3am(if you are lucky) and getting home at 6pm or later, and being told you need to come in before 3am was unrealistic, no time for you to do anything at home and not safe. Some days I didn't even get a chance to eat food or do anything else after work, just straight to bed so you could function
  more... the next super early shift.

Winter is the slow time and spring/summer is the busy times. This job to me was only worth it when you hit overtime as work conditions were outright dangerous at times. If you do not have good balance or do not like waking up before 5am,this is not the job for you, as you need to load up your cart up to 400,500, and even 600lbs worth of food and go down a skinny ramp(you hope the driver has a good ramp and not a damaged one that could get you hurt)lot of people have fallen off the ramp and gotten seriously hurt. Some places you need to go down or up stairs and other tight areas in icy,wet, and other outright unsafe areas to deliver food. Delivering in the winter time is miserable as the majority of places don't shovel the area you need to deliver the food at or is icy so you have to do it and waste more time on the trip/day.

Management needs a revamp. They seemed to only care when they had to, all but one manger seemed to be normal and ok. Most of the drivers are friendly and hard working. Only had an issue with two drivers. One was super slow and I was bringing in more carts and working faster then him, and the other thought he could treat me poorly/like a dog, but he was like that to everyone and helpers even did not want to work with him. Besides those two, as long as you show up early, work as hard as the driver, and don't weird out the driver on the trip, you'll do ok here. If not, drivers will leave you behind or not take you, which means you will not get hours in or money.

All in all, I can't believe this is a non-union job, the majority of other food deliver providers are. With how they run things here, they have a lot of drivers and helpers quitting. Hence why they're even offering a helper sign on bonus now.

Final notes. Management stalks your social media so keep that on lockdown. Make sure that they pay you correctly. Look somewhere else for work that will treat you fairly.
Pros
Free expired food
Cons
Management, no free time after work
stressful and chaotic
Class A CDL Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 8, 2018
Daily trips are very hectic and over the road trips are very draining. Both cause a strain on your personal life because they way it works is Reinhart is first even if you run out of time majority of the time you are staying overnight somewhere even if it's your day home. The money is great but not worth the personal time given up.
Springfield , Mo
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 3, 2018
They don’t care about if you have a family they just need the work to be done ! And no they don’t know what they are doing that’s why turn over in management is quite frequent as well . They tell you it’s only one over night but in reality it’s 3-4 and sometimes more . I would not recommend this place to anyone !!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many to mention
Driver supervisor
Driver Supervisor/Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Prince George, VAOctober 2, 2018
Very demanding, long hours but enjoyed training and coaching new drivers, got to meet and travel to different store locations, learned to manage daily operations.
Early bird gets the worm
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Essex, VTOctober 1, 2018
Start time depends on your route... Load is usually messed up... Long hours... Lots of miles... Back breaking work... Good pay... Is too far away from my home
Pros
Look below
Cons
Look below
good pay company
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MASeptember 30, 2018
reinhart foodservice company offers great pay and
great opportunity for driver looking to make money
reinhart foodservice also provide great benefits...
Great Company & Good Hard working team at the Divison
Vice President Sales (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNSeptember 20, 2018
Great growing company & culture of dedicated and hardworking team. High standards & expectations-very good benefits and compensation. Division autonomy continues to decline as corporate culture continues to increase.
Need to upgrade management
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 18, 2018
Has the potential to be a great workplace but is in dire need of a management overhaul,the president of the company is great at his position just needs to make changes to his managers.
What you learned
Category Manager, Produce (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MASeptember 9, 2018
I learned time management skills, critical thinking skills while independently solving conflicts on a daily basis. Forecasting and working with salesmen added to a different lense on the purchasing and buyer side of procurement.
Pros
Growth, advacement, recognition
Cons
instability in the market
low morale and do not take care of their drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  Township of Coal, PASeptember 9, 2018
They say a family environment that is not true. Family never comes first. Always work must come before family they never give you off when you are requesting a day off for family issues
No room to grow
Buyers Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WISeptember 7, 2018
I got told I could advance only to get laid off due to budget cuts. They talk about giving more responsibility, but cant follow through on it. They give lazy workers more pay to do less and chit chat all day.
Cons
Pay, advancement, management
Good company to wor for.
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAAugust 29, 2018
Transportation manager does not posess the knowledge and management skills needed to run a company of this size. This man didn't even know what the ITFA report is and what it consists of.
Pros
Business is good
Cons
Transportation management not professional
Stepping stone
Class A driver (Current Employee) –  Coal Twp, PAAugust 27, 2018
Make money to catch up on bills but not worth long term employment. Management is horriable. They dont care about drivers. Delivery times are way off, hard to finish deliveries in 14 hrs. You will get hurt and you are judged by "SpyCam". They will leave you out on road with no way home because the refuse to get their CDL to come rescue drivers that ran out of hours.
Pros
pay
Cons
Bad managers, expensive healthcare with high deductables
horrible
Route/Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 26, 2018
I was part of a company that was taken over by Reinhart. It was an awful experience. The management had no idea what they were doing. They did make it clear that they were not interested in a long relationship with the acquired personell.
Pros
pay check, lots a work
Cons
too many to lsit
good place
Routing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 24, 2018
good place to work, great atmosphere, good equipment, good drivers,very fast paced which i like. i was incharge of deliveries to all schools and resturants.
Decent place to work
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MNAugust 24, 2018
All in all it’s a decent place to work. Decent pay, and benefits. Lately I’ve felt like I’ve been taken advantage of. Because currently I’m the only one in my position I get over loaded and management doesn’t care. I don’t get shown any appreciation, not even so much as a good job.
Outside Sales
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 22, 2018
I was in outside sales representative for Reinhart Foodservice for more than six years. I did enjoy the customer contact on a daily basis, but I got tired of practically living in my car as much as I was on the road.
Good if you’re single with no kids.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2018
I came to this company with prior delivery experience and they seem like they don’t know what they’re doing. They do route bids but you’ll end up doing random routes every day. They send out an email at 6 pm letting you know what your day is like so if you get scheduled for an earlier time, you get no sleep. You will have 15-20 stops, 1,000+ cases, and are pushing your 14 hour day every single day. The router has no idea what they are doing, you will drive past a later stop en route to your next one. Driving 30-45 minutes out of your way for a small order. Management doesn’t care about the drivers, you’re just another person. I’ve seen people with the company for years never get new equipment but the 20 new hires in the recent months getting new wheelers, ramps, uniforms, when they don’t even know if they’ll stay. They need to invest in their tenured drivers. The work is not easy, no matter what anyone says. The pay is excellent but not worth t for what you do.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, router, consistency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reinhart Foodservice, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight