Reinhart Foodservice Employee Reviews

Fun and productive
Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PAMarch 20, 2019
Very friendly work place, amazing pay. Slightly stressful at times due to production pay and slower people in the way. Hardest part is when you battery is low or you need an item drop from a forklift operator
Pros
Pay, friendly, and room to advance
Cons
Slower not caring employees that felt that they’re just there to get paid and leave
Great people poor senior management
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMarch 15, 2019
Front line employees were great hard working and professional.Seinor management were inapt and had poor people skills always put work ahead of work personal life
Pros
Great peoplr
Cons
No concept of personal life
Great people
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIMarch 14, 2019
I spent eighteen years at Reinhart and I regret leaving. Was a healthy environment with great people. Everyone got along for the most part and worked well together.
Joke
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PAMarch 12, 2019
The place usd to pay very well now they are over staffed and employees aren’t even getting their 40hrs. Work every holiday. Their division president is the only capable supervisor in the bldg. All complaints must go directly to him or nobody else gives a bleep
average
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Lacrosse, WIMarch 12, 2019
Ok, management likes the fresh outta school type with no families to contend with.
Typical day was 8 hours, but you have to match what everyone else does.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Life vs Work balance
Very family, fun place to work.
Route Delivery Driver/Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 10, 2019
I wish I had never left this job. It was a great place to work. I only left because the winter of 2013 it rained constantly and all the boxes kept getting soaked and I couldn't properly scan them. Plus I was always wet all day for 12-14 hours.
Worst management and communication ever!!
Order selector (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 8, 2019
Very poor management and unrealistic expectations with only the bare minimum of equipment .Supervisors are rude and disrespectful causing a stressful work environment.Great pay but only if you want to be crippled by the time your 40.Extremely intense physical labor expecting a single person to lift what would be at most companies atermitable offense with items weighing up to 110 lbs..Great for a quick come up on money then run far far away.far
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
Everything else
Hard work easily.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIFebruary 28, 2019
Contracts with various restaurants and schools in Wisconsin and Minnesota so there's no shortage of work. Also provides goods for Kwik Trip company but their contracts tend to be in high amounts and demands. Solid start time but never a solid end time depending on which facility you work at.
Pros
Decent paid wages
Cons
Demanding work with no real set end time so long days being 12 hours
job description
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 13, 2019
worked as a selector, receiving clerk, and warehouse supervisor. fast paced environment that allowed me to have my hands on many tasks at a time. I thrived in the job and exceeded expectations. Though the employees under me were not reliable and their mistakes fell on my shoulders.
Pros
multiple job experiences
Cons
unreliable management and employees
Receptionist, inventory control (Former Employee) –  Prince George, VAFebruary 11, 2019
I loved this job.. It's a great company to work for and all the best benefits that I could ask for, would've still been working there if the company wouldn't have relocated.
Stay Away From Reinhart
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIFebruary 8, 2019
I worked for Reinhart for 14 months. From day one it was a struggle, some of the office workers are decent, but all in all the whole place is miserable. Very uncoordinated, no communication, two faced office workers that pretend to be your friend, then end up turning their heads on you. Good place to work if you are a brown nose driver.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Very productive fast paced environment
Order Selector; Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 6, 2019
my first year was pretty rough I'd select order to he shipped out for surrounding vendors then I became a loader and a fork lift operator. I met a lot of good people none in which came from management. The hardest part of my job was just getting started at the beginning of my shift
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 3, 2019
Great place to learn the distribution business. Great teammates and customers. Management to there is assist however needed at any time to support the team.
Very good place to work
Selector (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 26, 2019
If you want alot of money this is a good job to have. some days are tough when people call out but other days fly by so it balances out. Its deffinately not an easy job your going to earn your money its a very fast paced job. There is some negative workers there just stay away from them dont let them impact your judegement. The manager and supervisors will do anything to help you without doing the job for you. Theres alot of employees there so if you need something speak up theyre not always gonna figure it out without you asking for help. They also give you a long 4 months to get up to speed as long as your showing improvement and if your not they will work with you to help you get where you need to be. Theres always jobs opening up that they post up so if you dont like what your doing your not stuck doing it forever and they rebid all jobs every year so u can start as a selector then bid a forklift or loader as long as you have enough seniority. Overall amazing place to work for its all common sense so as long as u have common sense u will do good.
Pros
Cafeteria has little store, free coffee and drinks
Cons
Negative employees on the floor want everything for nothing
i was happy
Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 25, 2019
i cant speak for other people that i worked with
my experiance there was good i was treated with respect and all my direct supervisers were very good to me
Pros
fellow workers great to work with
Cons
work on holidays
Poor management, always tired due to long hours and very physically strenuous work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAJanuary 25, 2019
Your day will start very early and you will put in at least 12 hours. You don't get paid by the hour so there's no overtime. I was always tired because of waking up at 2am and putting in a long day of very physically strenuous work. They don't hire driver helpers so you will unload the truck by hand by yourself. Routes are not consistent. They send you wherever they want each day. Management is horrible. There was one trans manager and two supervisors. One supervisor was a complete butt kisser. He only worried about himself and the other supervisor didn't know anything. I called him one day while on route about a issue I was having and he asked me what should he do about it cause he had no idea. The trans manager rarely spoke to any of the drivers but he always seemed like he had no idea about what was going on. The pay can be good but only if you're willing to work the big routes which means very early days and longer hours and breaking your back with the amount of cases you'll have to deliver just to have a good check.
Pros
Meeting friendly customers
Cons
Poor management, early and long hours, back breaking work with no helpers
ok except for upper mgt
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 24, 2019
I worked here for almost 5 years and was happy until they hired a new President who is running the company into the ground. They would be a great company I believe but need new management.
Pros
Cons
The President
decent place
LinconHeights, Oh - Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 13, 2019
great pay but decent job to work , they do over work you and dont train like they should . would put you on the floor to do a big order and dont train you enough
I feel everything the app here is pretty straight forward..
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNJanuary 11, 2019
I do think or feel I'd be a great fit for the warehouse.. as for reinhart it's a great company I did enjoy my time there..i had stand up of a trainer as I feel that is a very big key caponnet to my success.. with my progress within the warehouse it opened more doors for myself. By loading trucks and unloading as well. Do put away of new products that comes in. Stock shelves as well
More and more corperate style
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNJanuary 10, 2019
Very rigid management style imposed by corporate managers. No regional acceptions allowed. Lots of turnover resulting in lots of training which is expected.
Pros
Fair compensation package. Insurance after National health care were fair.
Cons
Very poor treatment of seniority people, does not support employment longevity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reinhart Foodservice. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight