Reladyne Employee Reviews

4 Year Perspective
LUBRICATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LAOctober 10, 2018
I really wanted to like this job. The pay was decent, and I had high hopes. Coming previously from a military background, it wasn't the difficulty of the job, but rather the glaring issues faced when trying to perform required tasks in a proper and safe manner: which, in a industrial, plant setting, is LITERALLY a matter of life or death. The main issue with this job is: The management does NOT care about their employees in several ways,

- Advancement (you are simply another number and your opinions/advice does not matter. It will be ignored, because "As long as the company isn't losing money, the current method of operation must be working, right?" <- This is the type of mentality you will encounter at nearly every level. Why is this an issue? Read on to the section about Safety.)

- Tools required to perform a job are not readily available and a patchwork, fix it as you go with whatever is laying around, mentality is encouraged and enforced

- Safety, despite the constant preaching of how important it is, is not properly supervised or provided: For example, you WILL be expected to work in close proximity to known carcinogens WITHOUT the proper protective equipment. Often times jobs are performed, more times than not, without the proper protective equipment. If you mention this to management... you're given a pat on the head and promptly ignored without a resolution.

- A personal incident of my own was: Not too soon after I had started, a veteran employee started sexually harassing me and then physically attacked me. Later I found out, that this employee had been
  more... doing this long before I started working there, he basically was being allowed to prey on other employees. Despite several witnesses (including the supervisor) while the incident occurred, the entire situation was going to be swept under the rug, so I had to escalate the matter to higher management myself. EVEN higher management was going to avoid the issue until I complained enough that I was going to go public. Despite all this, it took awhile, but they eventually fired the trouble employee, and I stayed on because I needed the pay. I wasn't compensated in any way. The icing on the cake is: After I quit this job, I found out that they were considering hiring the problem employee back! Even though he had a known history for inciting and carrying out violent acts against others...

The biggest kicker:

- You will be performing vital tasks for the upkeep of an ENTIRE industrial complex which makes millions of dollars an hour... but you will start at $16/hr and cap at about 18/hr. This is because RelaDyne screws you and your fellow workers by low balling the contract so that they can make a larger profit margin for themselves, and they do this in some pretty shifty ways verging on extortion. So you will be constantly reminded by the well paid employees of the actual plant, of how you are underpaid for the amount of specialized work you are performing... and you know what, eventually it will sink in... they're 100% right. You will be expected to do a lot, for very little, and then asked to do jobs even outside of your role and contract without extra compensation.

If you like being undervalued and ignored, whilst your life and over all health is at risk, then this is the job for you.

I really needed this job. But, I had to leave, the lack of care for employees was just too much. Management kept making promises of advancement and refinement, but never fulfilling those promises. This job was seriously issue after issue, just to do what I was being paid to do, was a laborious undertaking at every level.

Basically, this company expects high performance, without providing YOU the employee with the proper tools and incentive. Therefore overall moral declines and every day becomes this depressing drudgery. This job demoralized not only me, but every other co-worker I worked with, some of them just hid it better than others and had no better option than to close their mouths and move on obediently.
Pros
above minimum wage pay, decent benefits
Cons
hazardous to health, mind, and soul; depressing
Great employees but the ones in the office are idiots
Hazmat Driver (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LAAugust 23, 2018
Supervisors don't do their job and get behind on their work then try to lie on drivers saying they not getting tickets signed and that's the reason they're behind and they change your paper work to get you in trouble so you gotta take pictures of your paper work to protect yourself. Office personnel stre racist towards the black drivers the drivers could walk in the office and they won't speak to them but soon as a white driver walks in everybody acts so happy and I noticed this and I'm white. They don't have enough trucks if you goes down then it's a free for all. The job is easy but the managers and supervisors make it hard for everybody. In the last 4 months we lost every mechanic, Supervisors, and about 4 drivers.
Pros
Good drivers
Cons
Every person that works in the office
Not appreciated
Fuel Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 28, 2018
If you have a problem, your usually on your own. Management plays favorites. There is no advancement at all! Pays good, but too much can be asked of one person and you find yourself being taken advantage of. If you make a MISTAKE they take your safety bonus away and also a percentage of your raise so no human error. Look elsewhere because there's a lot of smoke and mirrors and empty promises
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
little appreciation, work/ life balance, High Health Care Cost
Dynamic was great, but the approach was off
Lube Tech (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJune 15, 2018
When I first started the job, it seemed like a dream job to work for. The work wasn't hard and it was very laid back. But as time went on I started to realize that it wasn't the job for me. I noticed there was a lot of favoritism and the supervisors did not have people skills. The management overall just was not great.
Pros
Easy and laid back
Cons
poor management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMarch 11, 2018
A very decent place to work. Has set hours to start and quitting time makes it nice.Nice coworkers to help you out. Boss will sometimes jump in to give you a hand.
Pros
No one to bother you
Cons
Long hrs some days but not always
Fuel Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Roosevelt, UTFebruary 26, 2018
Very good place to work decent pay assnd hours inaurance is good and the benefits are better then most only way id leave is if i get the oppertunity to relocate wish they would start a division in arizona
Pros
Good hours
Great place to work!
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 16, 2018
I enjoyed working for RelaDyne, great people and great environment to work! It is a fast paced work flow however the work environment was quiet and you had your own personal space to work!
Good working environment
Fuel Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 18, 2018
Inspect fuel truck then load truck with fuel. Deliver fuel to different job sites. Management was good until new supervisor was hired. The hardest part of the job was long hours. Enjoyed guaranteed hours.
A Training Job
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2017
Small Company To Get You Ready For A Real Deal Company, Horrible Management, Favoritism Showing, Seniority Drivers Crying To Dispatch And Managers To Put Their Undesired Loads On Other Drivers.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Good Place to start, but no room for growth.
Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LADecember 3, 2017
No communication from management.
No structure in management.
Hardest part of my job, is doing everyone else's job, not because they can't, but mostly because they won't.
Took a lot of tests, gained a lot of valuable experience and knowledge, but unable to utilize it, for the advancement of myself and the company.
Most enjoyable or satisfying part of my job is when I actually get to do what I was hired for: reliability maintenance. For the most part, that aspect is at the mercy of whatever the contract employer dictates, but could be more lucrative with cooperation from management.
Pros
Experience, and knowledge
Cons
Lack of financial advancement, lack of communication
Wonderful tram and atmosphere
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 6, 2017
Reladyne was an amazing atmosphere and place to work. However being in an outside sales position for 19 years it was difficult to suddenly change to inside sales. I highly recommend working there as long as the position fits you skill set
Great Environment and Great People
Tanker Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Chesterton, INAugust 17, 2016
Pre safety inspections, load at terminals, deliver to fuel accounts. Logging and use of Smart Logics, fleet fueling, Post inspection. Management of accounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reladyne. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about