Related Companies Employee Reviews

Horrible Management
Recertification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 15, 2019
The company is horrible to work for. Upper management does not care about how your manager treats you. They expect a lot from you & expects everything to be a priority & done fast but is given to you last minute. You do not get a thank you or a good job. You get spoken to & treated horrible.
Cons
Not a good place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 8, 2019
poor management. hostile environment lack of training. Regional manager and VP treat employees like their are nothing, will not recommend anyone to this company,
relasted
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 29, 2018
it was a good timr working for related I just had to move out of state but would recommend working there there popular in new York was a little struggle in texas but it was the environment that made it a task to work for them but good company
excellent
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2018
the environment was professional, but to competitive as temporary employee. The money at the time was great for cost of living. very professional as far as leadership was concerned.
Management treated you so unfairly. You put in so many hours and was never compensated.
Manager (Former Employee) –  BrooklynSeptember 26, 2018
Horrible place to work. No security. Tenants was able to approach you at the office and threaten your life and the regional manager just laughed it off like it was nothing.
Pros
Cons
Long stressful hours
Terrible site manager
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, TNSeptember 23, 2018
The job itself was a fine job. You are asked to do more than is possible to do in the time allowed. The manager I worked with didn't know how to do the job which made it impossible for me to do mine
Poor management
Management (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 30, 2018
This company came in as a new owner. Company has a whole was not prepared for this purchase. Management staff from Cooperate office little experience in this field. Regional hired for this area had no experience at all. Cut throat, no training, no answers. Not sure what their cooperate office is expecting, but they are in for a surprise.
Never received information on insurance benefits within the 45 days of working for this company.

Run from any opportunity with the company.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, not organized.
get to meet great people
Concierge - Doorman (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
get to work with good co workers.i got to learn new things and meet fun people. the hardest part is when things get crazy, like dealing with fedex,usps,ups and the residents needs.
Pros
pay is great
Cons
to many cut throts
Great company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
The company is great with great values and resources and it was such a great impact including my learning experience. I would deff. recommend this company to someone.
Safety versus career
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield ILJuly 2, 2018
I worked for this company a 1/2 day. The development management at Poplar Place Homes were complicit in the negative activities that went on at this company.

The working conditions were not safe, the tenants were irate and high from drugs when they came into the office. The office management turned a blinded eye to the tenants behavior.

I asked questions pertaining to safety and drug activity in the area and the complex itself while in my interview because of rumors. Management assured me those issues were address and they were a new management staff. The drugs and problem tenants were not taken care of, just spending a 1/2 day there verified that,

The duties in this position are not the opposition its the environment that creates conditions of opposition.

I can not say anything negative about the company as a whole but Poplar Place Homes is not a safe place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Area
Horrible place, don't work here.
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2018
Management does not appreciate employees and overload them with work. There is no training and you are left to figure it out. They keep their offices severely understaffed and demand that datelines are met regardless.
Pros
PTO and excellent benefits.
Cons
Only 30 minutes for lunch, stress and presure, no appreciation.
A cutting-edge company with relevant tools & resources.
Concierge Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2018
This is a company with cutting edge technology deployed to aid staff efficiency & productivity, wonderful management and supervisors, generally collaborative staff and excellent and superior work culture.
Pros
Excellent training and resource provision
Cons
Unusual and inflexible scheduling roster, in some cases, depends on title and location. Shorter, may be impracticable, but legally compliant lunch breaks, so may stay a little longer in order to earn your paid 40 weekly hours, than happens in most organizations by the duration of 30 minutes daily.
Work Place
Director of Security (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2018
I enjoy coming to work. The work atmospere is great. Manager lets you make decisions. The work can be challenging, but that is something that somone should want.
store
Colmado de los cruzes (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJune 20, 2018
They had a slow bussiness but they paid you fair enought.they was nice coworker i really have a fun time of them.but the manager is a nice person to work.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
Short Breaks
The residence were nice as well as my coworkers.
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2018
It had it ups and downs like any other job/work place but there were more up's then downs I can say but after almost 5 years of spending 3 to 4 hours everyday in rush hour traffic I just had to take another job that was closer to home.
Pros
My management was awesome.
Cons
Travel
Over worked, No management team
Property Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 11, 2018
Was left at a site given a promotion and left to tend to the staff and business ALONE for 5 MONTHS.
No upper management assistance, Yet was expected to keep everything in order, Train new employees, train a Temp PLUS keep Maint. stuff on track.
Phone always interrupted
Long time for AR/AP approval
Worked long hours even on Saturdays.
NOT A THANK YOU, NOT A BONUS, NOT A SINGLE APPRECIATION FOR DOING THREE JOBS.
A Different Experience
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJune 6, 2018
My experience was rough from the start and a lot of promises made to me were not kept. I loved this position but it was difficult for me to continue employment due to me not getting paid. Since I lived on the property my rent was late due to me not getting paid. I had to get a second job to even put food on the table. The residents, on site staff, and the beautiful property made it fun. I looked forward going to work. It was unfortunate that the corporate office wasn’t helpful.
Pros
Pay, onsite staff.
Cons
off site management, drama, negativity
Great work atmosphere
Porter (Current Employee) –  1214 5th Avenue, Ny NyJune 4, 2018
You get to see the beauty of your completed tasks throughout the building as well as the smiles on faces of residents living in the building. Great place to work with great benefits and occasional overtime.
Cons
1/2 hr lunch, 4 hr mandatory stay if relief calls out
Expectation of Excellence
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 2, 2018
Related empowered me to be aware of all aspects of property management such as; asset management, financial management, risk management. The company promotes team building and continued education.
Cons
Related's high performing expectations off centers the scale of work/life balance.
my summary
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2018
A stressful day of work,learn how to deal with catch basins and elevator system, management change too much manager in the time that i was there,work place was safe,nothing to hard that i can manage,i really enjoy inter acting with the community.i did enjoy visiting New York to help with the hiring of new crew for a new building in Albany New York it was a great experience that i will never forget, and also shared many time helping other building supporting with work order for inspections.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
salary was not good enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Related Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss