Related Companies Employee Reviews

Fantastic Company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2019
Related Management is an awesome, caring company and the benefits are fantastic. The upper management was thoughtful and always conscious of their employees needs and concerns. I would love to have more opportunities locally but they are still growing.
Pros
Awesome benefits, caring management and owners
Medicore office environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2019
Lots of changes in management depending on the department. Decent place to work. Office easy to get to. Great staff. Learned alot. Free food for staff.
Was great place to work
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 12, 2019
The leadership is world class and the culture reflected that. The training and support as you grow into your job is top notch. It's no wonder they have been so successful.
Training in abundance
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2019
The company is all about making sure their managers have the tools needed to adapt to the company's culture and philosophy.

Training is abundant with all their systems; their trainer is awesome.

You have a community and staff to manage; no macro management.

All should take advantage of the training offered to learn the Related way.
Pros
No macro managing
Cons
Do not have support from Supervior
I love my boss
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2019
I have never been in a place where I enjoy my co-workers, my tenants and just enjoying coming into work on an everyday basis. it is a different pace from the market but I've learned so much since being in this field and company
Pros
awesome Atmosphere
Cons
pay rate
Best company ever
Porter (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 13, 2019
I love related they have helped me grow and understand the true meaning of customer service.I have learn so much never new how much fun i would have working with my hands doing handymen things
Pros
is a union job
Cons
there none
Great teamwork atmosphere
Maintenance Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Southern CAMay 8, 2019
I've been with RELATED for a few years now and I Love it!
I also worked alongside them before and wanted to work with this company. When I was finally hired, I was not dissapointed!
Management makes you feel like they have your back.
Plenty of room to grow from within.
Great teamwork atmosphere!
Pros
Paid Holidays, room for promotion, nationwide job opportunities
Cons
Holiday "parties" suck
Porter (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 24, 2019
This is my first fulltime job. I am glad to be part of the team. I have learned a lot of property management and building maintenance. I enjoy interacting the residents.
Management will yell, and disrespect you.
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York StateApril 11, 2019
Too much gossiping going on between the tenant and management about employees. And vise versa. If your black, or Latino this ain't the job for you. From the supervisors up to management will lie, and play the blame game.
Pros
Cons
It's like being in prison.
Terrible place to work
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 11, 2019
This company does not offer structured training. Work life balance is non existent. I’ve never worked for a company where they micro manage and pay you for re-work. They do not value work ethic. Management is untrustworthy believe in “chain of command”. If you need something temporary then go for it but do not plan on longevity.
Cons
Not a place where you work your way up the chain.
Concierge/Doorman (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2019
Great job if you're looking to get into hospitality, gain exp. and leave. Your labor laws will be violated. Ask any line staff that have worked concierge, doorman, porter or rover. There isn't much room for growth. Yearly raises range from .9% to 2% for line staff, never more than that. I can attest due to 5 years of employment.

Also, keep in mind your boss and their boss are close friends and business partners. Be carful in who you confide in for information regarding policies. This company looks down when line staff brings up the faults in management.
Pros
Benifits medical, dental 401k.
Cons
Lack of HR assistance when dealing with management, Low rate raises, No real business structure for employees.
the building is beautiful with a beautiful back yard.
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  The Century in Los A ngelesFebruary 11, 2019
Related has given me an opportunnity to grow with in myself as far as goals and achievements in my career, Related is a growing company that i really look up to, i have done a lot of reading on the company and related is not only for wealth but the also build for those who want but cant afford some of the lifestyle,they have put smiles on thousands of peoples faces, im proud to say i worked the the Related company.
Pros
the best outings ever
Cons
no cons
Very poor management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Essex County, NJFebruary 10, 2019
I worked for related management in the New Jersey area and the management there sucks the turnover rated is beyond crazy. The lack of management will confuse you as a worker because u actually have no one to turn to or guide you threw how they actually want thinks done on a day to day bases till something important comes up and everybody you suppose to know finally shows up. Even with that being said when you finally meet upper management the bla,e will still be on you regardless of the circumstances, even with the knowing.
No organization with this company
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2019
The good things to report for Related Companies: Free breakfast on Fridays, several paid holiday's, employee's can leave at 3pm on Fridays during their summer hours, decent benefits, and gym membership reimbursement.

However the bad outweighs the good. Very stressful work environment.
Easy going workplace at times
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 29, 2019
They are willing to have entry level experience at the top management position which turns into unprofessional decision making. In a field of quick leasing and maintaining occupancy You must be a great salesperson. My experience as a Maintenance Supervisor was being under a unqualified Property Manager that put blame for lack of leases being signed onto the entire maintenance staff instead on her offices inability to sell a product, their lack of desire to market, and the unwillingness to come in early, stay late hit the pavement and bring in that clientele. Instead of developing a system to work as a team This property manager (Whom will remain nameless) saves her position by having family ties with the company and blaming her lack of success on everyone around instead of her own lack of knowledge.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Cut throat and not properly managed
ok
Concierge (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2019
no chance for advancement in this company., if you start at the bottom. They chew you up and spit you out. Pay very little , expect the world. Good starting ground.
Violation of personal information
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2019
The Regional Manager was very aware of the fact that a Property Manager was forging resident signatures and had family members going through resident files. Files were moved from property to property.
Horrible Management
Recertification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 15, 2019
The company is horrible to work for. Upper management does not care about how your manager treats you. They expect a lot from you & expects everything to be a priority & done fast but is given to you last minute. You do not get a thank you or a good job. You get spoken to & treated horrible.
Cons
Not a good place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 8, 2019
poor management. hostile environment lack of training. Regional manager and VP treat employees like their are nothing, will not recommend anyone to this company,
Compliance Manager
Affordable Housing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2019
Return all calls, prepare my files for day. Work on any deadlines in regards to rent rolll and charts. Run lease renewals if neccessary. send out appointmnet notice for nextmonth.
Pros
location
Cons
people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Related Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss