Related Management Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Over worked, No management team
Property Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 11, 2018
Was left at a site given a promotion and left to tend to the staff and business ALONE for 5 MONTHS.
No upper management assistance, Yet was expected to keep everything in order, Train new employees, train a Temp PLUS keep Maint. stuff on track.
Phone always interrupted
Long time for AR/AP approval
Worked long hours even on Saturdays.
NOT A THANK YOU, NOT A BONUS, NOT A SINGLE APPRECIATION FOR DOING THREE JOBS.
A Different Experience
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJune 6, 2018
My experience was rough from the start and a lot of promises made to me were not kept. I loved this position but it was difficult for me to continue employment due to me not getting paid. Since I lived on the property my rent was late due to me not getting paid. I had to get a second job to even put food on the table. The residents, on site staff, and the beautiful property made it fun. I looked forward going to work. It was unfortunate that the corporate office wasn’t helpful.
Pros
Pay, onsite staff.
Cons
off site management, drama, negativity
Great work atmosphere
Porter (Current Employee) –  1214 5th Avenue, Ny NyJune 4, 2018
You get to see the beauty of your completed tasks throughout the building as well as the smiles on faces of residents living in the building. Great place to work with great benefits and occasional overtime.
Cons
1/2 hr lunch, 4 hr mandatory stay if relief calls out
Expectation of Excellence
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 2, 2018
Related empowered me to be aware of all aspects of property management such as; asset management, financial management, risk management. The company promotes team building and continued education.
Cons
Related's high performing expectations off centers the scale of work/life balance.
my summary
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2018
A stressful day of work,learn how to deal with catch basins and elevator system, management change too much manager in the time that i was there,work place was safe,nothing to hard that i can manage,i really enjoy inter acting with the community.i did enjoy visiting New York to help with the hiring of new crew for a new building in Albany New York it was a great experience that i will never forget, and also shared many time helping other building supporting with work order for inspections.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
salary was not good enough
Very much comfortable
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 16, 2018
If they hadnt sold the property I would probably still been there. They were a well managed company And they knew how to make it work Even the Residents Loved Being There
good work experience
Porter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 8, 2018
good vacation learned a lot there great vacation time off great holidays, low pay.work was ok . didnt feel I was treated fairly felt a bad vibe there.
Stay away from 500 Lake Shore Drive
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2018
This place was the worst place I’ve ever worked at in my entire career. The management was disgustingly rude, treated their employees like slaves, only hired skinny blonde girls for leasing. The management will never acknowledge anything you do well, only what you do bad. No training, no staff meetings. The management and leasing switches every month because nobody wants to work here. Now they have a manager in charge that is extremely unprofessional.
Pros
The residents is what will keep you going. They are the only thing good about 500.
Cons
Constantly Harassed, written up for everything only if you are black
Interesting yet pleasant work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2018
a typical day at work is fast paced, i learned that I have the skills to manage and supervise quite effectively, management staff is very likable, however upper management was not at the level of professionalism that is most preferable to me. The hardest part of my job is having to minimize my skill level and experience as I am more qualified than what my current position requires of me. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping meet the needs of the clientele.
management
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2018
Upper management is very messy. They will offer you a position but leave out main details about the position or the property. You don't know about this infractions until you get to the property. They further will hire you and give you a salary range but once hired the salary is a different amount. By that time you've already accepted the position and left where you were working. I was told I had a position at a property, given a start date and even in-house interviewed with that site manager. Once at the property the job offered was not the job I ended up doing. When I tried to get some kind of clarification from upper management, no communication was given, I was unable to reach anyone I had previously spoken to.
5 Star Living
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 16, 2018
Related was a wonderful place to work . with our first year of being open we won the BEST IN SHOW AWARD out of 200 properties.
My job as a concierge was to make OHS 5 star living. We provided the finessed personal service to our residents.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Short Vacations and Poor Management
Stressful
Amenities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 3, 2018
The environment I worked in was very stressful because of management. Overall, it is a great company but depending on where you are working or the building you are working in, if management is not on top of their game, it can be a nightmare.
doesn't treat employees fair
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  far rockawayMarch 31, 2018
hostile environment Talk down to employee. Leadership
team need training. No one stays in this company. micro-manages all employees. Don't care about affordable employees
Allways threatening to fire.
Pros
Cons
1/2 hours lunch no break.
Lock of leadership and no support!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 31, 2018
Poor upper management, no support nor leadership from VIP such is DM or Vice President. Executive team is very unpleasant and not friendly. Very low morale. No communication either.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor upper management
Poor Management Poor Properties
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2018
From being employed with this company for 45 days should speak for itself. Poor management, as well as horrible properties. I would not recommend this company.
Pros
Cons
Health
Worst place I ever worked
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 25, 2018
Supervisor has no skill and is a terrible leader. The super of the building is unlicensed. The worst job setting I was ever in. Do not work for related.....
Pros
A lot of mandatory overtime
Cons
Cutthroat environment, make sure your have less knowledge then your superiors
Great Benefits and great Residents.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Park imperialFebruary 14, 2018
Great place to work if it wasn't for the fact that as a union member you have to understand that Nepotism is the key to getting by now. The company has been taken over by Albanian and Serbian resident managers. Over the years they are bringing in family members and making it difficult for veteran employees.
Pros
union benefits, X-mas tips, Great residents
Cons
Nepotism. If you are bot Albanian be careful
Fun and satisfying work place. Room for advancement
Leasing consultant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job with Related was the guest my tenants that would come in and to see an apartment or to pay the rent and visit with m
The good was very, the bad was very
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  National City, CAJanuary 26, 2018
The overall feeling of the job was stress and never enough time. Understaffed 95% of time. Temps were not temporary. Unrealistic expectations and no prioritization, everything was critical and ASAP. Overtime was mandatory. Missed lunches and breaks. Altered timecards to reduce time worked.
Management at this site; was less than stellar, never worked as much as those they managed, did a lot of personal things during work hours including school or other job search and left in position to the detriment of staff and site in spite of staff consensus of ineptitude. Ineffective or domineering. Catty. Confrontational. Contributed to low morale. Seemed to care more about how we dressed.
Awesome manager at a sister site.
Upper management was available and hands on. Approachable. Maybe too nice at times.
Training was on point, enjoyable, thorough.
Promoting from within would’ve solved a lot of site level issues.
The worst part, I believe, is that the most dedicated staff that truly cared and worked as requested, suffered serious health problems, myself included, all stress exacerbated issues and occurring beyond what would be normal %s for the number of affected staff in the San Diego county region. Truly alarming.
Pros
Likeable staff, Trainer and trainings, Hr, Upper management, Work independently, Transfer options, other site support, Bonuses, . Job security.
Cons
Stress, Workload, understaffed, Not fun, Advancement opportunities, Pay, Lack of diversity, Overtime, No appreciation for ingenuity or creativity, impact on health
Good tenants bad upper mgmt no support no resources
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 27, 2017
The PM is responsible for maintenance however the maintenance super does nothing building looks decrepit and worn down and I the PM was told it needed cleaned. Lol. No resources from management worked for 6 months with no petty cash or postage machine broke down office chair insubordinat staff of individuals dating the residents. List goes on and on stay away from related east ........
Pros
Working with residents and the pay
Cons
Maint staff dating residents lazy coworkers