Related Management Employee Reviews

Poor management
Management (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 30, 2018
This company came in as a new owner. Company has a whole was not prepared for this purchase. Management staff from Cooperate office little experience in this field. Regional hired for this area had no experience at all. Cut throat, no training, no answers. Not sure what their cooperate office is expecting, but they are in for a surprise.
Never received information on insurance benefits within the 45 days of working for this company.

Run from any opportunity with the company.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, not organized.
get to meet great people
Concierge - Doorman (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
get to work with good co workers.i got to learn new things and meet fun people. the hardest part is when things get crazy, like dealing with fedex,usps,ups and the residents needs.
Pros
pay is great
Cons
to many cut throts
Safety versus career
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield ILJuly 2, 2018
I worked for this company a 1/2 day. The development management at Poplar Place Homes were complicit in the negative activities that went on at this company.

The working conditions were not safe, the tenants were irate and high from drugs when they came into the office. The office management turned a blinded eye to the tenants behavior.

I asked questions pertaining to safety and drug activity in the area and the complex itself while in my interview because of rumors. Management assured me those issues were address and they were a new management staff. The drugs and problem tenants were not taken care of, just spending a 1/2 day there verified that,

The duties in this position are not the opposition its the environment that creates conditions of opposition.

I can not say anything negative about the company as a whole but Poplar Place Homes is not a safe place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Area
Horrible place, don't work here.
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2018
Management does not appreciate employees and overload them with work. There is no training and you are left to figure it out. They keep their offices severely understaffed and demand that datelines are met regardless.
Pros
PTO and excellent benefits.
Cons
Only 30 minutes for lunch, stress and presure, no appreciation.
A cutting-edge company with relevant tools & resources.
Concierge Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2018
This is a company with cutting edge technology deployed to aid staff efficiency & productivity, wonderful management and supervisors, generally collaborative staff and excellent and superior work culture.
Pros
Excellent training and resource provision
Cons
Unusual and inflexible scheduling roster, in some cases, depends on title and location. Shorter, may be impracticable, but legally compliant lunch breaks, so may stay a little longer in order to earn your paid 40 weekly hours, than happens in most organizations by the duration of 30 minutes daily.
Work Place
Director of Security (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2018
I enjoy coming to work. The work atmospere is great. Manager lets you make decisions. The work can be challenging, but that is something that somone should want.
store
Colmado de los cruzes (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJune 20, 2018
They had a slow bussiness but they paid you fair enought.they was nice coworker i really have a fun time of them.but the manager is a nice person to work.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
Short Breaks
The residence were nice as well as my coworkers.
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2018
It had it ups and downs like any other job/work place but there were more up's then downs I can say but after almost 5 years of spending 3 to 4 hours everyday in rush hour traffic I just had to take another job that was closer to home.
Pros
My management was awesome.
Cons
Travel
Over worked, No management team
Property Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 11, 2018
Was left at a site given a promotion and left to tend to the staff and business ALONE for 5 MONTHS.
No upper management assistance, Yet was expected to keep everything in order, Train new employees, train a Temp PLUS keep Maint. stuff on track.
Phone always interrupted
Long time for AR/AP approval
Worked long hours even on Saturdays.
NOT A THANK YOU, NOT A BONUS, NOT A SINGLE APPRECIATION FOR DOING THREE JOBS.
A Different Experience
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJune 6, 2018
My experience was rough from the start and a lot of promises made to me were not kept. I loved this position but it was difficult for me to continue employment due to me not getting paid. Since I lived on the property my rent was late due to me not getting paid. I had to get a second job to even put food on the table. The residents, on site staff, and the beautiful property made it fun. I looked forward going to work. It was unfortunate that the corporate office wasn’t helpful.
Pros
Pay, onsite staff.
Cons
off site management, drama, negativity
Great work atmosphere
Porter (Current Employee) –  1214 5th Avenue, Ny NyJune 4, 2018
You get to see the beauty of your completed tasks throughout the building as well as the smiles on faces of residents living in the building. Great place to work with great benefits and occasional overtime.
Cons
1/2 hr lunch, 4 hr mandatory stay if relief calls out
Expectation of Excellence
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 2, 2018
Related empowered me to be aware of all aspects of property management such as; asset management, financial management, risk management. The company promotes team building and continued education.
Cons
Related's high performing expectations off centers the scale of work/life balance.
my summary
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2018
A stressful day of work,learn how to deal with catch basins and elevator system, management change too much manager in the time that i was there,work place was safe,nothing to hard that i can manage,i really enjoy inter acting with the community.i did enjoy visiting New York to help with the hiring of new crew for a new building in Albany New York it was a great experience that i will never forget, and also shared many time helping other building supporting with work order for inspections.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
salary was not good enough
Very much comfortable
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 16, 2018
If they hadnt sold the property I would probably still been there. They were a well managed company And they knew how to make it work Even the Residents Loved Being There
good work experience
Porter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 8, 2018
good vacation learned a lot there great vacation time off great holidays, low pay.work was ok . didnt feel I was treated fairly felt a bad vibe there.
Stay away from 500 Lake Shore Drive
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2018
This place was the worst place I’ve ever worked at in my entire career. The management was disgustingly rude, treated their employees like slaves, only hired skinny blonde girls for leasing. The management will never acknowledge anything you do well, only what you do bad. No training, no staff meetings. The management and leasing switches every month because nobody wants to work here. Now they have a manager in charge that is extremely unprofessional.
Pros
The residents is what will keep you going. They are the only thing good about 500.
Cons
Constantly Harassed, written up for everything only if you are black
Interesting yet pleasant work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2018
a typical day at work is fast paced, i learned that I have the skills to manage and supervise quite effectively, management staff is very likable, however upper management was not at the level of professionalism that is most preferable to me. The hardest part of my job is having to minimize my skill level and experience as I am more qualified than what my current position requires of me. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping meet the needs of the clientele.
management
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2018
Upper management is very messy. They will offer you a position but leave out main details about the position or the property. You don't know about this infractions until you get to the property. They further will hire you and give you a salary range but once hired the salary is a different amount. By that time you've already accepted the position and left where you were working. I was told I had a position at a property, given a start date and even in-house interviewed with that site manager. Once at the property the job offered was not the job I ended up doing. When I tried to get some kind of clarification from upper management, no communication was given, I was unable to reach anyone I had previously spoken to.
5 Star Living
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 16, 2018
Related was a wonderful place to work . with our first year of being open we won the BEST IN SHOW AWARD out of 200 properties.
My job as a concierge was to make OHS 5 star living. We provided the finessed personal service to our residents.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Short Vacations and Poor Management
Stressful
Amenities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 3, 2018
The environment I worked in was very stressful because of management. Overall, it is a great company but depending on where you are working or the building you are working in, if management is not on top of their game, it can be a nightmare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Related Management. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about