Relativity Media

Working at Relativity Media: 6 Reviews

3.2Pay & Benefits

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Relativity Media gets a bad rap but that's mostly because memories in Hollywood are short. RM brought BILLIONS to the town and reinvigorated film investment via hedge funds. We were a start up in a century old industry that self-invented while funding hundreds of films with major studios, many of which were very successful creatively and financially. As for the rap, well that's due to people only remembering the way it ended.

Needs new management

This place was a bit of a machine. I felt like they churned and burned employees. This was not a necessity in my opinion, but due to a lack of good management.

Toxic environment

Toxic environment. Poorly managed. Lots of backstabbing. Would not recommend this as a place to work. Lots of job turn over.

Pros

Senior management smart but not connected to the real world

Cons

They don't pay vendors, going bankrupt

Fun place back in the old days

It was a fun place to work when it was small. After it got too big the house of cards crumbled.

Pros

It was fun and exciting in the beginning

Cons

Lots of politics at the offices

Review: Relativity Media

It was a great company to work for, I was only there for a short time because I'm freelance.

Work hard party hard atmosphere.

This is company has an awesome culture. All the employees absolutely loved this company. I loved working here. As the Accounts Payable Coordinator, I was responsible for all things pertaining to accounts payable. I was also encouraged to learn more about the company structure and business dynamic. I worked directly for the controller, he was cool, productive and a wonderful mentor. At this company all employees were encouraged to read scripts, attend Cannes and other film festivals etc..This position had incredible perks!

Pros

free lunches, location in west hollywood, celebrity atmosphere, insider to movie and television

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Relativity Media. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.1
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
1.3Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Learn about Relativity Media in popular locations

• Relativity Media
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?