RELIABLE LIFE INSURANCE

RELIABLE LIFE INSURANCE Employee Reviews

United States72 reviews
Money is great
If you like to drive a lot this is the Place for you. The people are nice and so helpful. They are so family oriented. You can make really good money
Terrible
Awful management. You make your own schedule but if someone policy cancels, it comes out of your check. By far the dumbest concept to have in an insurance company.
Lack of Empathy or compassion for the people they are suppose to be looking out for.
Reliable is all about the bottom dollar. They do not have no regards to the client non whatsoever. If there is an issue with with a clients account they do not or will not try to solve the issue until last minute and even then it's the Agents fault. They have overall poor people skills, they speak terribile to their clients as well as employees(management does this). The only way reliable cares about you or the client is if they have something to gain.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Poor management, Horrible people skills, lack of compassion or empathy for the people they are suppose to help. No set pay rate, the client's ability to pay affects your livelihood.
Decent money- must take state board exam
Not a job if you have small children. Company doesn’t pay for gas and job requires driving ,sometimes, over large area. You can make a career out of it. Turn around rate is high.
Stressful, always pushed to produce in the insurance business.
The office I worked at was managed by blacks. They wanted an office of all blacks insurance agents with a few Hispanics and zero or very few white agents. They did not want to hire any white people.
Pros
Decent training, could have been much better.
Cons
Poor racist culture to work in. Kemper insurance should do some investigation.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
It had its moments.
Was a decent place to work. Most of time walking on eggshells. My supervisor was older set in her ways did not like change or making things done easier. Everything I worked on was double check by her. She believed she had authority over everyone in the office when she didn't she had a supervisor that worked out of her San Antonio office. There were issues from the beginning but I need a job.
Benefits
Cons
Office manager, salary
If you want a personal life, Dont work here.
Reliable is a very original company. I've worked here for 6 months. Great commission If you make unrealistic sales. You will work around the clock even after you get off work to make your sales. Great company, good benefits. But kiss your personal life goodbye.
Pros
Good commision. Light environment.
Cons
Outside sales, Wear and tear and gas not reimbursed, Stress is unbearable, 2 weeks unpaid maternity leave, Work after hours, No base pay.
If a manager quits theyll put the next man up experienced or not
If a manager quits theyll put the next man up experienced or not, causing a horrible chain of reaction. Pay is good but not worth it in my opinion. Good Starting job to get into the insurance business.
Pros
good pay
Cons
mon to sunday job
Wonderful place to work with Great Leadership!
Reliable is the best place I have ever worked. The agents are all like family in my office, we help each other, lift each others spirits, and are constantly being taught and trying to learn new skills. It is an ever learning field. I have been an insurance agent for 8 yrs 4 of which I have worked at Reliable. Everyday is a learning experience, and a new challenge of going out with a smile on my face and doing everything in my ability to help a family get more protection today than they had yesterday. The hardest part of this job is having to face the fact that sometimes we do lose our customers to Death, or to a lapse. Sometimes you will sell a policy and the person that purchased it will only keep it one or two months or maybe 7or 8 mths. That is the nature of this business...we want as many customers as possible to keep the insurance that we sold them because they bought it for a very good reason, although every now and again it happens. The most enjoyable part of this Career is the customers- They make my day everyday. I can't help but to have a wonderful day after sitting with them and sharing information that can make each one of their lives better. This is one of the most fun Careers, and one of the most Challenging Careers anyone could have, although I find the beauty in it everyday!
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Paid Vacation, Bonuses, Trips, Great Customers, Felxability
Nice atmosphere
Very Competitive place to work, You get paid for you efforts.
Opportunities to meet good people and earn your best salary.

Training is unlimited. Managers are willing to give hand when needed.
Pros
You can set your salary by your efforts.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at RELIABLE LIFE INSURANCE?
Great company
Management is very good at identifying leaders within the associate. diverse culture, great place to be. What I like most about this company is that they give you the tools needed to get the job done, be it seminars, working training courses. They do spent money on their associates to get better at what they do.
Pros
Free Lunch, and prices
Cons
good bonuses
Goal Reaching
I really enjoyed the weekly and monthly goals we had to achieve. It made the job a lot more challenging and fun. The staff meetings every friday were pretty fun knowing that each staff would compare their set goals that each agent had to reach.
Pros
Goal setting, fun staff meeting & winning staff of the month for free bowling also winning prizes and free money
Cons
No set schedule No set pay cancel policy hurts pay.
Mind you these are my opinions
Reliable is a great place to work because it allows you to interact with your clientele. I do not have a problem working for Reliable but their management style of fear and intimidation has never worked. It's not a complaint that's my primary concern with the company.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
managemnt style
sales of insurance policies
I would drive to the clients and collect their debits. I gave receipts and did paperwork, also sold new policies. Turned in money once a week and attended meetings.
Pros
paid training
Great Coworkers
As much as I enjoyed the people I worked with, there was no career opportunities unless you wanted to become a sales agent. They were very supportive in the family and education area.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Overworked and underpayed
fun workplace
an excellent workplace, i learned how to prospect a new customer. the management its great, work culture its well oriented, the hardest part of the job its when customers are unhappy, the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the staff.
Pros
free luch
Bad management and compensation isn't great
Reliable helped me kick off my journey to become a successful insurance broker. However, the skills required for their agents are not applicable in any other company. Management is hard to deal with. A lot of turnover in the company. Takes a while to build a good pay.
Crooked as they come
This place is worst at customer service. They are not customer focused. They sell a guaranteed issue policy to anyone just to make a sale. They don't let the underwriter do their job, instead they play the underwriter. Everyone back stabs one another. They are never happy with what you do, they always want more. You are nothing but a working machine to them. Your family comes last. It stresses me out to think of how much time I wasted with this company. Happy to be gone.
Benefits
Cons
You have no life.
Great company
The start of the day was to get to the office at 8 in the morning and start by calling clients and making appointments to pick up payments and to sale policies.
Pros
helping customers receive life insurance
Cons
staying out late past 9pm
Good
Good place to work if you are very self motivated. Job advancement is available if you have the right amount of stamina to go out there and work for it.
Pros
Mangment will provide mentorship on how to suceed at your job.
Cons
Hours always vary and pay is based on your production.
Crazy work hours in some very bad neighborhoods. Had 2 coworkers get robbed while I worked there.
Worked late hours. Spent a ton in gas. Worked in bad neighborhoods late at night. Had 2 coworkers get robbed. I was driving 150 miles a day most days with no milage paid or gas allowance.