Reliable Reports, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good company. Good supervisor
FIELD REPORTING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 11, 2018
Solid company.
Good communications with supervisor.
Learned a lot and was able to get answers to questions in the field.
Rate of pay for inspections was not the best.
Sometimes had to be in not so pleasant neighborhoods.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Advancement
Would never recommend this company
Inspector (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 30, 2018
This is the most unprofessional and mean-spirited company that I ever come across. I am an independent inspector and I signed on with Reliable when the market was slow. After about a year they insisted I become a full time employee at which time they cut my pay and offered me no benefits. I never could figure out how much they owed me. In addition, I lost many regular clients just because I was affiliated with this company. The Reliable Reports people in the office review the inspections and pictures and they try to find problems to report whether they exist or not. They override the inspectors AND the manner that they communicate these changes is extremely nasty. I guess they are trying to prove their worth to the insurance companies. My district manager would call my wife at her work and keep her on the phone for hours going over the inspection reports. We were both working long hours for this company but they weren't paying her. She was just trying to help me keep up with the work. We both worked until 10 or 11 pm every night.
Pros
One good day - the day I quit.
Cons
Everything. There is nothing good about this company.
Nice place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 23, 2018
Nice place you work by yourself but it can be challenging if you have a hard job to do they can be very demanding and precise.
I would schedule my day out go take pictures do measurements and diagrams. Come home put in pictures and diagrams and dimensions .
Not at all what they told me
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 27, 2018
I was hired in July 2017, and I am still employed. It is fun work. Only light activity. I do a lot of sitting. You use your own vehicle with good mileage reimbursement. After training, pay switches to piece work, which is a complicated system between home insurance companies and “zones” and you will never know if you got paid right. The rate of pay document is about 13 pages long.

When I interviewed, I asked if there was any slow time. The manger answered “we have not had a slow time in 8 years. There is plenty of work and lots of over time.”

Then in March 2018, I was taken from full time to part time due to a loss of a major contract in the state of Ohio and I was told at this point, in early spring is their slow season that happens every year. It was only supposed to be for a couple of months at most. It is now July and I have been part time for 4 months. Two weeks ago, Reliable Reports posted a Help Wanted ad for part time in the Youngstown, Ohio market (which is the market that I work in). Why they will not take me back to full time is beyond me and they will not answer me when I ask them. Then this morning, an email went out saying that there is a lot of work in the Northeast market of Ohio and other service technicians might be asked to go there from other markets to cover the over-abundance of work. This is work that they will not give to me. When they do assign me work, it is usually several days overdue.
When I asked where I would be working, I was told the majority of the work, about 75%, would be in Trumbull and Mahoning Counties. This being geographically
  more... near where I live is good, however, this is not true. About 50% of the work given to me has been in Ashtabula, Lake, Geauga, Summit, Portage, Stark, Columbiana, Carroll, Tuscarawas, Harrison and Belmont Counties. I do see more of Trumbull and Mahoning now that I'm part time, but when I was full time, I only got Trumbull and Mahoning County jobs about once every week or two.

I have worked out of state in Georgia and West Virginia and asked to pay for my own hotels, tools, food, and gas with reimbursement, but both times I have submitted my receipts and information for reimbursement, it takes months to get paid back.
Pros
Independent job
place to work
Property Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 20, 2018
You work as a subcontractor for the company. The ability to work from is great but need to know how to separate work and home life. Work load was good when they had it but most of the time is was slow. Pay for the work that was complete was low and below what the standard should be. The overall working for this complete is dealing with management of the company.
Pros
working from home
Cons
work load was slow
It can be a great job if you can balance it well.
Field Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 3, 2018
The can be a great job, the managers are wonderful and will help you the best they can but the job itself is a very fast pace job. You make your own schedule which is a huge plus if you know how to balance your life out right. If you love to drive and plan your own work day this job is great. It can be a little nervous when you go to some places and the owner may not know you are coming but most of the time the insureds are friendly and help the best they can. They would do better if they could get an app for the field reps, it would help the job greatly. The job all in all has its ups and downs but every job does. The job is great if you looking for a place you can work your best, drive a lot, and don't wont to work side by side with someone everyday.
Pros
Great manager, Traveling, and great benefits
Cons
Needs an app for the reps.
good job a lot of travel
Field Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 23, 2018
would get work orders by email, then soft order by area and location then load up and take photos and diagrams of homes. Enter information in there web site.
Pros
more you work the more pay you got.
Cons
to much travel and no mileage paid.
Stressfull place to work.
Field Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GAMarch 15, 2018
Hardly any training. They tell you one thing and then you get written up for what they told you. Constantly doing reports in areas you're not supposed to. Reports come in old on a regular basis. Higher management think they can talk to you any type of way. It says make your own hours but like the job, it's a lie!!
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Everything else
They will lead you on
Insurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 2, 2018
This company pursued me and then when I dropped other inspection positions they did not follow through with their commitments. Little pay, lots of demands and no respect. Other much better companies to due inspections with. Run don't walk away from this employer. .
Cons
low pay, no respect, rude.
Don't do it
Field Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Quad CitiesFebruary 9, 2018
Management is unorganized chaos. The work is way to spread out. They expect you to drive over an hour for measly inspections that pay $10 or less. They expect so much and give so little.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Stay away from this place!!!!!!!
Field consultant (Former Employee) –  SWFLJanuary 6, 2018
Perhaps any type of proper training would be of help. It appeared that one end did not understand what the other end was doing. I received assignments that had the wrong address and wrong insured listed---I was told that was impossible...it wasn't. I did seven identical reports for a hardware store chain..was told that six were perfect, on the seventh, the reviewer stated the exact opposite--there did not seem to be a way to please that disgruntled reviewer--never finished the report. There were several other same stupid type of incidences that occurred prior to my telling them that I needed to spend my time with companies that appeared to know what they were doing. I couldn't believe that I could be 'so good' and 'so bad' at the same time doing the same exact tasks.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Total inconsistency of their work force
Good first job
Field Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILOctober 19, 2017
I enjoy the flexible hours and entrepreneurial mindset. The sad part is, the job gets lonely at times. Hours on end driving puts wear and tear on your neck and back. However, the pay is very good.
Too difficult to make a reasonable living.
Field Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 1, 2017
Initially the company was privately owned and upper management was pro field staff, generous with bonuses, pay and profit sharing. We were purchased by an investment banker, and commision rates were cut, territories were broader, limited pay for mileage driven, management only concerned with keeping their jobs.
Excellent REAL work at home opportunity
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 16, 2017
This is a legitimate work at home job. It's a real job. You must do a few days of in-office training, pass some testing on this newly aquired knowledge, then apply this knowledge to your reviews of reports. It is tedious at times as you review the same type of report over and over, but there can be a comfort in that as well. The pay is very generous for being able to wear your pajamas and put your hair in a messy bun to work, plus think of the money you save on gas, wear and tear on your vehicle, child care, lunches out, etc.
Pros
Yoga pants acceptable, no long commutes, pay excellent for work
Cons
Slow season means less work available
Terrible place to work
High Value Replacement Cost Lead/QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 10, 2017
It is a place to work if you have nothing else. Not much else is going on at this place. Stay away if possible. There are better jobs out there, but you may have to leave Lewisville to find them.
Pros
it is a job
Cons
It pays some money. Not much else
Great part time gig
Property Inspector (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 2, 2017
Great part time job but nothing with a steady pay and work. Great for a stay at home person and you get to make your own hours . nothing else to say
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Horrible pay per inspection
Good people
Insurance Field Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 19, 2017
I loved this position, The management is pretty cool, but the wages could be better, No benenfits. The company does impathize with family matters. Over all pretty good place to work.
Poor training.
Field Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  NCApril 18, 2017
Reliable is a poor organization with poor management and leadership. The defined territory of three counties I got hired to work turned into about 20 counties in less than a month. Then it turned into overnight travel in unfamiliar places. Very little training. No support from upper management other than online materials. The compensation is not competitive and it is hard to make money when you have to drive 8 hours a day. They do not provide any compensation for the use of your personal vehicle. They only pay miles. They do not help with oil changes, tires, maintenance, etc.
Pros
control of schedule
Cons
too many to list
Great flexibility for work-at-home
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Great position that doesn't interfere with day-to-day life (such as taking phone calls). Must be able to pay attention to detail. Management is kind and very helpful.
Pros
Flexibility, helpful management
inspection homes
Field Reporting Inspector (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 21, 2017
Very organize job skills appointments and driving
learn about inspection it made me go to school to get certified in home inspection. enjoyment of the job is working alone no assistance in doing your work and turning the work in on time
hardest part is keeping up with the work 100 a week to be done.
manage my time work ethnic and time management., customer service professionalism.
Pros
great jobs freedom
Cons
pay and support from company is not good