Reliable Reports, Inc.

Reliable Reports, Inc. Pay & Benefits reviews

United States116 reviews

Clear
2.5Pay & Benefits

Management not trained to Lead, just produce numbers

Supervisors are required to demand quantity over quality, treat part timers as less than fulltime workers, do not create an enjoyable, creative, compassionate environment, but rather one of secrecy and insecurity. The pay is ok for being able to work from home. Training is decent, but there is nearly a 0% chance for advancement.

Great Job

Great job, but with gas prices and lots of driving and you have to pay for your insurance repairs, tires, oil, etc. They give mileage, it's just not enough. Management was good, company is good. If you had a company car, it would be better.

Pros

Travel, flexibilty

Cons

Piece work, some areas can be good if high populated.

Reliable Reports, Inc. insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Terrible, underpaid

You are expected to use your own vehicle, mostly your own money for fuel for little pay. It’s basically a minimum wage job but even worse because of the expense of your own vehicle. Not worth it in anyway. You can not make a decent living at this job. Training is terrible, basically figure it out in your own. The hiring manager tried to gas light me and tell me I would make more than was actually even possible because he knows if they were up front and honest no one would even consider taking the job.

Steady work with variable compensation

At first it seems like a good job and overall it is, the compensation is not great especially for the mileage. You are paid per survey but not until you get to the first house and only until you get to the last house. Some days that can be an hour or better drive. Further your compensation is UP TO 30% of the work you perform so there are days where you don't get enough to cover mileage let alone the two hours of your time to get there and back. The training is quick and you learn on the go or from your mistakes, which if you screw up they don't pay you and you have to redo it. The only company interactions are if you mess up. The holiday pay, sick time and vacation time is so minimal to non-existant you better not miss a day of work. Overall it's straight commission based job. There is no consistency with the way reports are written and reviewed. Seems as though management is chaotic and doesn't know what they are doing.

Pros

Take as much time off as you want as long as you don't mind not getting paid, Good for someone who can work from sun up to sun down and likes to drive A LOT

Cons

Benefits, paid time off, sick time, a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle, no interaction from the corporate office

Terrible place to work

They will destroy your personal vehicle and there pay for gas and mileage is a joke please be aware!! You are paid by inspection but they will send you on a long commute and spread out runs were you actually lose money.

Pros

Cons

Drive your car and they dont pay all your mileage

Only good is the flexibilty sometimes

Drive 300-400 miles a day for a minimal of 50-60 paid gas, No remorse for the inspector from management. Most areas are good, some territories can be sketchy. The drive time between homes can be ridiculous and you get paid nothing extra for the 30-40 commute in-between jobs, The 2 hour pre drive to start the day is on the inspector not the company. They will expect you to drive 300-400 miles a day for 2 or 3 days a week.

Pros

Used to be flexibility, but not even that now.

Cons

No advancement, don't matter how far you drive has to be done, with no extra comp. territory management is a joke. CEO seems like a nice guy.

Get to learn new areas

This is a good place to work. You have a flexible schedule and you get out of it what you put into it. You meet new people and learn more about businesses in the area.

Challenging and Rewording Job Experience.

I have enjoyed my time at Reliable Reports. The flexible schedule is what has kept me here. I have been able to support my family and pick up my daughter from school each day which I really enjoy as a benefit. There have been many changes over the last couple years for the better. The Reliable App has made the job considerably easier, and the supervisor tries to keep me in a specific territory each week. There is considerable travel and time spent in the car, but with the app, the homework in the afternoon is a lot less. If you can manage your time this job is a great job. If you have a hard time working by yourself, and managing your time, you will struggle.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

On the road most of the time.

Recent changes have really upgraded the job

I have been with Reliable for 3+ years now. I have been in the mix of all of the advancements and improvements in procedures and tech. All of this has culminated into an overall improvement in Work/Life Balance. I am able to enjoy my time home as just that.

Pros

Visit interesting places, work from home, flexible schedules

Cons

The physical toll of travelling a lot

Flexible schedule with room for advancement

Very flexible schedule for those looking for Part Time work. Great supplemental job and income. For those looking for a career, the company prioritizes hiring from within. Great management.

Pros

Flexible schedule, room for advancement, great culture

Cons

Working through inclement weather

Great place to work. Great pay. Great flexibility.

I have been working for Reliable Reports for almost four years now. In that time, I have grown and adapted in so many ways. I became a manager only about a year and a half into my career. This company pays very well if you are willing to work hard. There is always room for promotion if that is what you want. The company is working hard to make improvements in technology that result in even better work life balance. The company is willing to give you time off when you are sick or when you just need a vacation. It is a great place to work.

Pros

Vacation and sick time; flexible schedule; full benefits; technology literate; working alone

Good People Work at This Company

I have worked for Reliable Reports for many years and the thing I like most are the people I work with. They are good hard working folks who operate with honesty and integrity. Just like with any company, there are some bad apples but I would not have stayed with the company as long as I have if they were dishonest or if I could not earn a decent living. But, this type of work is not for everyone. You have to be flexible and willing to work hard. If you are not, this type of work will not be good fit for you.

Pros

Flexible - Work From Home

Cons

Would like for vacation and sick leave to be converted to PTO for more flexibility in days off.

Productive and fun work

Love it here. Management is awesome. Good pay. They listen to concerns. Good benefits. Not a lot of work. Pay is good compared to other companies like this one.

not much

5-7 hours spent in your vehicle, getting paid for maybe half of that time. Expect to put a lot more miles on your vehicle than what you get composated for

Cons

Interesting work poor pay.

Your paper, computer, electricity, car, ink, phone (camera), etc. They supply a measuring wheel, camera pole, and some metal thing to put on your shoes in winter. I have put in excess of 300 miles a day on my vehicle but get paid for approximately 50. Average pay for inspections was about $7. Some higher, some lower. You don't begin earning mileage pay until you arrive at your first inspection (in excess of 100 miles sometimes) and don't get paid mileage once you are finished with your last stop. You make an hourly wage during training (8 weeks) ($15/hr) and "piece rate" after that. It is a good start to kind of learn the insurance industry, but in my opinion not much more than that.

Pros

Work independently and being outside.

Cons

Compensation package, work / life balance.

Decided it was a no go

They want a lot of detail work and travel as well as strict standards (dress code, facial hair and more) for little compensation. I had to take a drug test and go through a background check (passed both). They claimed to provide paid training but I trained for a day using my own car (watch the mileage on this job0 but never got paid for it. Given the work, compensation and corporate culture I decided to pass on the job offer. They want detailed work from you but don't want to pay for it.

Pros

Cons

Low compensation for what's expected of the employee, hi mileage (with poor mileage rate)

Why would you want to work here?

If you work here, they will screw you over on the retirement. They refused to let me roll over my retirement. So they sent me a check and paid the IRS over $1000 of my money. They refuse to invest into their software infrastructure like they should, in order to compete and make the lives of their clients and employees better as well as eliminating at least near or over 50% of the mistakes. In the past 5 years no true raise was ever given, but they did find ways to get us to do more work for less pay. On top of this you have a quota they want you to obtain while driving miles between each destination in your own car. They pay a few dollars per inspection up to $10 per inspection. You better not be driving out in the country. Now that is a struggle with the quota. During my time working for them, I went through five managers. Only one was good, but the administration in the Adams Corporation who runs this company, will treat you extremely poorly.

Pros

flexible time

Cons

everything else

I thought it was a joke...

I finished my "training" and was assigned my first cases. I was assigned 10 cases, about 2 hours away from me and scattered about a rural area. Expected mileage was to be easily 120+miles. I then found out I was going to be paid $6 for each inspection with the chance of earning 30% of my mileage fee (ya, thirty - not 100%) depending on my production bonus, if I even earned one. Btw they don't pay for your drive time/miles to your first case or from your last case, so that 4 hours of driving is on me. If for some reason your hours to production fee is too low, the only pay you at minimum wage. So all in all, the expected me to put over 120miles on my car, a tank and half of gas (on me), and well over 8 hours of free (for them) driving to only pay me roughly $60... ...needless to say I laughed and never looked back.

Only partial mileage reimbursement

I worked for this company for a few months. You are NOT an independent contractor, you are a W2 employee. However, you are expected to use YOUR vehicle to drive to inspections and they will only reimburse 30% of your mileage IF you meet production standards. There are instances where you can be reimbursed NOTHING for using YOUR vehicle. You will never get 100% mileage into

We Pay The Least and Expect The Highest Quality

They want you to check and notate every fine minor detail of the property and Tell their Clients their getting the Highest Quality for the service. 'BUT' You get the very least amount they can pay for you to do it. So what to expect: Lowest Paying Company In the Insurance underwriting Inspection Field. Highest Amount Of Work In the Insurance underwriting Inspection Field.

Work From Home Opportunity...

A good place to work if you are looking to work from home part time. You'll have to go into office for meetings and trainings. People are nice and friendly. Opportunity to advance in the company if you choose. No benefits for part time workers at the moment.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

No benefits currently for part time workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reliable Reports, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits