Reliance First Capital, LLC

Reliance First Capital, LLC Employee Reviews

Great Place to Learn
Great place to learn the industry. They only have one way of doing things so if you have a mind of your own after you learn the business things may be a bit dicey.
Pros
Training
Cons
This is an exceptional place to start but a horrific place to stay
If you are new to sales (or new to industry) and hardworking, this is the place to start. They are (or were, things may have changed) the best place to get trained, get multi state licensing. You can learn a lot here in 1 -2 years.

Beyond that I don’t recommend staying here. Upper management expects you to work with slave mentality, long hours, less pay then industry average, and they discourage relationships with industry professionals (which will push you to the next level once you learn how to sell). They don’t want anyone to become too independent or too strong and they just want you to spend 40+ hours on the company, not building relationships with any industry professionals.

There are some sketchy sides to upper management that I won’t mention here (they like suing people!) - oh I wish I could tell you.

Despite all that, definitely start here if you want to get into this industry. Just don’t stay! Not if you want to make more money and have a better work /life balance.
Pros
Training and licensing
Cons
Upper management horrible, no work life balance, lower than average pay
good place to work
Followed Dale Vermillion philosophy almost to the letter. Works great for sales. Hard to get loans through Underwriting, Paid very well after loans closed
great company
Great Company, Nice work environment, Cares deeply about its people. Great CEO. Many sales incentive contests. A fun place to work with great advancement opportunities
Pros
Unlimited income potential
Cons
Can be micro managed
Horrible Branch Manager
The problem with this job is not the entire company but this Dallas location. The Branch Manager is horrible the turn over is daily, weekly, monthly. I didn't do sales but, new Sales people are not told the truth about the position and what it takes to actually start making money and how long it will take. Promises are made that never take place and lies are told directly to your face. Once Corporate Management was made aware of these things and Nothing changed. I could no longer work for a company that I don't trust.
Pros
Lots of Free Lunches from Vendors
Cons
Pay, lack of trust
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great people
This is a very energetic office and the people are great. Desire to help people is a necessity, but the environment can become very stressful at times.
Pros
Free lunches, contests are awesome
Cons
market
Great Company
From the very top (CEO) on down, the company is very caring of their employees, and provides plenty of opportunity to earn a very good (commission) salary. Training is also very good. Very teamlike atmosphere.
Hit or Miss! Most people are great, some are not. Some managers are great, some are very abusive.
Reliance could be Great, so-so or a nightmare. It is literally hit or miss. The company tolerates a lot from its employees and managers, from underhanded pathological liars, a support staff in which some care and some do not, and some (but not most) departmental managers that often use their position to oppress and abuse employees. The Owners are decent people that care about the bottom line numbers, and are always genuinely friendly with the employees. They are gracious to the employees at times, especially when sales' numbers are up. The overall atmosphere is good and friendly, but those who work under the abusive managers are not treated fairly at all.
Pros
Job Security and many tremendous people
Cons
Constant dealing with dishonest people and abusive Management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Reliance First Capital, LLC?
100% Commission / Fair - Good Management / Relaxed but Goal Focused
Total income expected "B-" to "B" - 100% Commission - Leads Provided / Fair to Good Branch Management / Relaxed but Goal Focused / 100+ Call per day / Upper management Great!
Well run mortgage office and process.
I had to leave in 2010 due to health reasons. I would possibly still be working there if the mortgage industry didn't change so much.
Pros
Great system
Unrealistic Expectations of Staff
The managers expect people to work overtime without getting paid, and are very hesitant to allow time outside of the standard vacation days which are very few.

To be successful at this company you have to practically live in the office.
Pros
Company paid annual trip for performance
Cons
The requirements become more and more difficult to achieve each year.
Serious Sales People Only Need Apply
You can make a nice amount of money working here. Job entails heavy phone duties making outbound sales calls. Compensation is awesome for mortgage loan officers that produce. Benefits could be better. Work schedule is Monday through Friday with one Saturday (3 hours) per month. You will get out everything you put into working here as a loan officer. If you have lazy tendencies and like to play on your cell phone all day; this is not the place for you. Atmosphere and the people are great!
Pros
Unlimited Sales Commissions
Cons
Takes a few months after becoming licensed to start earning good commission checks.
Fun place to work
Overall the experience was good. I think they need to bring a trainer in from the outside opposed to having someone that works there and is responsible for many other jobs other than training.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Lacked good Trainers
Very comfortable work environment with co-workers helping me whenever whenever I was curious about something.
For me, a typical day at work would be for me to clock in at 10:00 am, get dun whatever I had to get dun, hopefully start a conversation with some of my co-workers during downtime and eventually clock out at 6:00 pm. In terms of what I learned while I was working there, I learned that home loans that were above five pages were to be placed in $0.66 stamped envelopes and home loans that were five or below five pages long were put in $0.46 stamped envelopes. The management at Reliance First Capital was very helpful to me. Human resources taught me a lot about keeping track of my time and using the computer in order to clock in and out. I would always ask my co-workers for help if I needed it, and they would always give me the help that I wanted. In terms of what I thought was the most difficult part about my job, that would probably be finding something productive to do after I had finished everything, be it helping with mailing or filing. I think that the most enjoyable part about working at Reliance First Capital is that I had the pleasure of working with people that I can trust.
Excellent
Handle my priorities files assignments, then today's thing to do. Make sure to answer emails and in file dialogs. Place, flood cert, appraisal desk review results, 4506 results and Mortgage insurance orders, and much more.